AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-12-20, 01:03   Link #38821
Eratas123

Kingdom hearts!? Count me in!
Old 2012-12-20, 05:45   Link #38822
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Releasing plot bunny into the wild!

Crossing over Infinite Stratos with Blazblue.

Replace the IS with the Murakumo units. Only women can use the murakumo units because all murakumo units follow the original amaterasu unit design which was gene locked to a woman. So even amongst women, only certain women can use a murakumo due to DNA lock.

Ichika is an exception, because technically, he doesn't get a murakumo. Instead he gets a complete blazblue. A complete "cauldron" or mechanism that creates these murakumos.

Years ago, his house is ransacked right before the announcement of the IS that Chifuyu was test piloting for her best friend and IS inventor, Shinonono Tabane. Chifuyu is kidnapped and so the IS is test piloted by another pilot. During the testing, a unit descends upon the test site. Despite the PIC and beam weaponry found on the first generation IS unit White Knight, it found itself outmatched. It left the world agape as the exo-armor known to be decades if not centuries ahead of whatever the world had today was easily crushed. This unknown unit seemed to exhibit every single capability of the IS, only far more advanced with many of its capabilities activating merely on thoughts of the pilot. It also exhibited high mobility that resembled instantaneous translocation as well as dimensional manipulation. The machine proclaimed itself as Amaterasu and that the world would end soon. It hacks the IS reseach mainframe and begins to load a vast database onto it. Amaterasu tells them that "the world must gather its resources for time is short. The Beasts will awaken and ravage this world. Fed by the impurities it will continue to consume all.".

Ichika lives a normal life, relatively normal as he lives alone but regularly visited by the Gotanda Ran. He tries to be a bit more cheerful despite the tragedy that took his sister away from him, as well as his arm which was replaced by a black prosthetic, despite how natural it seemed to work. On the day of his highschool entrance exam, Ichika's arm reacts to a selection test for murakumo pilots. Ichkika is pulled in by the government and finds himself under the wing and protective custody of Tabane, the scientist assigned to dissect him. To honoer Chifuyu, she instead sends him to the murakumo dojo, a giant school dedicated to the study of murakumo units and training of its pilots.

The IS aren't completely removed. Just relegated to the slightly less special

Armagus, weapons that cannot be explained by science but derived from the technology passed on by Amaterasu. These can be used by anyone, however much like any art or skill, use of armagus is relative to talent and hardwork.

EDIT: Just heard megaman X7's opening theme. For some reason I find it very fitting for IS had they decided to make it take the mecha side seriously. It helps a lot that the title of the song is Code Crush.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 06:14   Link #38823
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

BTW, in it's first appearance, FALKEN is referred as "Ame no Habakiri" (lit. Slash of Heavenly Wings)

Since I made North Point Japan's equivalent of Strangereal.
Old 2012-12-20, 06:23   Link #38824
demino_hellsin
That one guy

nope... no matter how I slice it. That is indeed strange O.o?
Old 2012-12-20, 06:30   Link #38825
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, it's even better than 'balanced' F-22 Raptor (Real life example of Suish fighter jet), Erusian literally go WTF when it appear undetected by their radar THEN oneshot three of four Mirages in a squad with a single, continuous laser blast.

Ground observer saw it as if the enemy aircraft is cut apart and burned midair, hence the codenaming.
Old 2012-12-20, 07:13   Link #38826
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmm... stupid plot bunny suddenly gave birth to awkward thought. Since Amaterasu makes references to beasts and the beasts are only born when the blazblue and a murakumo it creates somehow... "fuse". It would be awkward if Dan had a blazblue like Ichika and he creates Ran's murakumo.

if anyone is confused by how "fusing" would be awkward. I would be happy to show you exactly how murakumo unit 13 continuously approaches a wielder of the blazblue
Old 2012-12-20, 07:20   Link #38827
Eratas123

Finished Reversal2!
Old 2012-12-20, 07:34   Link #38828
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
If anyone is confused by how "fusing" would be awkward. I would be happy to show you exactly how murakumo unit 13 continuously approaches a wielder of the blazblue
You mean how No... I mean Nu-13 pestering Ragna despite it being incest on a distant technicality? Not that Noel or Jin is better (though with different reason and approach)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Finished Reversal2!
CONGRATULATIONS
Old 2012-12-20, 07:58   Link #38829
demino_hellsin
That one guy

now imagine Ran and Dan. *facepalm*
Old 2012-12-20, 09:27   Link #38830
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
now imagine Ran and Dan. *facepalm*
Ran x Dan

Incest for the win?
Old 2012-12-20, 09:31   Link #38831
Eratas123

Is it bad that I made the Sarashiki's templars?
Old 2012-12-20, 09:54   Link #38832
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I don't see anything wrong, if anything Tatenashi always be on HER own side, good or evil.

As long as you kept her personality intact: dragging people to follow her pace and direction, that is.
Old 2012-12-20, 10:01   Link #38833
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Is it bad that I made the Sarashiki's templars?
You do aware that there are good Templars just as there are Bad/evil Assassin right?

It ultimately boil down to a person's personal moral and belief rather than just faction which they belong to.

There is always the option of not having a choice. Their family has been Templar and that's why they are a templar.

=

I mentioned before:
Tabane is more Assassin than Templar. She doesn't give a crap about social norms and rules. She do whatever she think is the best for herself (not the world, she doesn't give a shit about the world).

Unfortunately, Assasin-Tabane end up furthering the goal of the Templar. Not like that it matter to her.

==

Edit:
Life is not that straight ward binary/digital signal. It is a freaking analog signal where every things is all over the place.

Too much freedom can be a problem as much as too little freedom.

Which is why I hate the idea of the Heroes fighting for freedom when they don't realize that it entail.

===
that's why there is a golden rule of: Doing things in moderation.

Too little courage is cowardice. Too much courage is reckless.
It's all about striking a balance between the two.

Last edited by agetreme; 2012-12-20 at 10:14.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 10:22   Link #38834
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I sure as heck dom't know if it's win. But I pity Ichika once his blazblue goes active and starts spewing out murakumos. The Orimura pheremones are powerful enough.
Old 2012-12-20, 10:29   Link #38835
Eratas123

I know there are Good Templars/Bad Assassins, but the difference lies in how fanatic Templar's can be. While Absolute Freedom sounds better than Absolute Control on paper, just looking at Somalia is a pretty good show that it's not all fun and games. The difference is the fact that Assassin's are willing to compromise (I.e They never actively overthrow governments unless they're dictatorships), while the Templar's are absolutely fanatic in their belief that all humans should be controlled.

There's also the fact that the Assassin's are actually the first to seek peaceful solutions while the Templar's follow the kill till we get what we want mindset. And eerily enough, I can see Tatenashi, Laura, and Cecilia following that mindset.
Old 2012-12-20, 11:00   Link #38836
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Really? Despite her act though... I can see Tate being a diplomat...
Old 2012-12-20, 11:07   Link #38837
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
I know there are Good Templars/Bad Assassins, but the difference lies in how fanatic Templar's can be. While Absolute Freedom sounds better than Absolute Control on paper, just looking at Somalia is a pretty good show that it's not all fun and games. The difference is the fact that Assassin's are willing to compromise (I.e They never actively overthrow governments unless they're dictatorships), while the Templar's are absolutely fanatic in their belief that all humans should be controlled.

There's also the fact that the Assassin's are actually the first to seek peaceful solutions while the Templar's follow the kill till we get what we want mindset. And eerily enough, I can see Tatenashi, Laura, and Cecilia following that mindset.
Well.... Can't argue with that but Templar's method is no-risk approach to things.

They are not willing to take risk as much as Assassin which is why they are not willing to compromise and seek to dominate free will.

On the other hand....
How do you know that a ruler is evil? Until people are suffering. It also means that Assassin's method of doing things are usually too late: The damages had already been done. The only thing you can do is to minimize the damages.

So to put it very simply:
Templar: Prevention is better than Cure (Kill all people infected with HIV, take no chances. Also premarital sex = death penalty (to reduce the chance of getting HIV).)

Assassin: A cure(advancement in medical technology) is better than prevention (Our current method except they also kill those HIV infected if they infected others while waiting for a cure to be invented)

Both are poison (in a way), so....pick your poison.
Old 2012-12-20, 11:30   Link #38838
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The way tate acts indicates the value in freedom. She knows the needs for control but she always keeps a certain distance. She is capable enough. To forecast when direct intervention is needed. She just knows moderation.
Old 2012-12-20, 19:59   Link #38839
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
As for the draft, try to use general terms sometimes rather than repeating weapon name, such as "I fired my assault rifle" or "My sidearm blasted the annoying pest" etc. This give more diverse feels into it.
Okay, but what about the fight sequences?

What are your thoughts on what happened to my guys in that part?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 21:27   Link #38840
Eratas123

Being funny and a tease doesn't exactly say you value freedom. Many consider the joking, smooth and friendly Haytham superior to the flat and stoic Connor, but that doesn't make him a good guy.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest