AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-06, 04:17   Link #1061
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

They could totally do OVAs for the Ex Routes. Or maybe put them on the DVD/BD Release, like 3 normal episodes, 1 Ex Route episode.
Old 2012-07-14, 01:04   Link #1062
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
That is if Sentai grabs it first (and shows it after one year)
Old 2012-07-15, 02:31   Link #1063
leokiko

About J.C Staff handling LB!: I'm sure it will be good, but we, fans, know that no matter how hard they try, they simply can't handle Key's works better than Kyo-ni. No one can handle them better.
Old 2012-07-15, 03:48   Link #1064
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
About J.C Staff handling LB!: I'm sure it will be good, but we, fans, know that no matter how hard they try, they simply can't handle Key's works better than Kyo-ni. No one can handle them better.
I'm not super-optimistic about this anime, but I wouldn't think of KyoAni as infallible when it comes to adapting Key's works. They, and Ishihara Tatsuya, aren't godly, just like Pixar isn't godly. It's very possible for another studio and development team to surpass them.
Old 2012-07-15, 04:47   Link #1065
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
The designs look great I'm looking forward to whenever it comes out. The longer the wait the better quality we should expect
Not true. Lots of factors go into the wait. Most of it is prob due to promotion strategy, timing with other events and the air date.
Old 2012-07-15, 10:25   Link #1066
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Really? I can think of 2 or 3 studio that can be good but JC is not one of them. But saying the KyoAni is the only one who can do the job is pretty much bias on their works an I'm familiar with KyoAni so I know. But LB! is not your average story to animate to begin with.
Old 2012-07-15, 10:55   Link #1067
ElCachicamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
It's very possible for another studio and development team to surpass them.
Maybe not in the quality of the animation. Kyoani is in a really amazing position right now in terms of productions values. I want to know what's their secret because the amount of talented animators that they have is incredible.
Old 2012-07-15, 11:29   Link #1068
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ Not sure about that. I think that point was already discussed here IIRC, so it's better you check what happened in the precedent pages rather than having an old topic revived.
Old 2012-07-15, 12:36   Link #1069
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Really? I can think of 2 or 3 studio that can be good but JC is not one of them. But saying the KyoAni is the only one who can do the job is pretty much bias on their works an I'm familiar with KyoAni so I know. But LB! is not your average story to animate to begin with.
I still think so, but only about Key works. Or VN in general, since it's a really hard media to adapt into anime.
Old 2012-07-15, 12:54   Link #1070
relentlessflame

*Administrator

In the end, as has been brought up many times before, what people are really talking about in terms of adapting the work comes down to the job of the story planner ("series composition"), and this job is often done by a writer outside of the studio (as is the case here). The Director sets the stage for this, but they are usually operating under the direction of the sponsors (and the director doesn't even always work for the studio either). And part of the challenge here is also the amount of episodes that were allocated for the story (a challenge particularly with branching VNs), which is also a decision not usually made by the animation studio either, but by the production committee (based on how much money they're willing to spend). So although people like to blame the studio, that's really just an oversimplification. In the end, a lot of fans give the animation studio either all the praise or all the blame, even though a lot of the decisions were out of their hands in the first place.
Old 2012-07-15, 17:10   Link #1071
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Not true. Lots of factors go into the wait. Most of it is prob due to promotion strategy, timing with other events and the air date.
I wasn't meaning that it was the only factor obviously, but a key factor to having a production turn out is taking quality over quantity.
Old 2012-07-17, 03:55   Link #1072
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
In the end, as has been brought up many times before, what people are really talking about in terms of adapting the work comes down to the job of the story planner ("series composition"), and this job is often done by a writer outside of the studio (as is the case here). The Director sets the stage for this, but they are usually operating under the direction of the sponsors (and the director doesn't even always work for the studio either). And part of the challenge here is also the amount of episodes that were allocated for the story (a challenge particularly with branching VNs), which is also a decision not usually made by the animation studio either, but by the production committee (based on how much money they're willing to spend). So although people like to blame the studio, that's really just an oversimplification. In the end, a lot of fans give the animation studio either all the praise or all the blame, even though a lot of the decisions were out of their hands in the first place.
So I guess what it boils down to is that you suggest KyoAni should not take credit for the adaptations they make, and it was all a lucky accident that their Kanon and Clannad anime series sold, and could have been done by anyone.

It's your right to think that way I guess. I like to think anime studios actually matter.

So why did Key delayed Little Busters so long because they wanted to book KyoAni? Are they idiots who should have done what you suggested, and just pick someone else years ago?

I understand that you are trying to be optimistic. I just find it unnecessary to try to achieve this by claiming anime studios themselves as irrelevant. It is not a good sign if your defence of JC Staff is "they don't make much of a difference".

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-07-17 at 04:06.
Old 2012-07-17, 05:18   Link #1073
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Erm , I'm pretty sure that's not at all what Relentless was saying.

He's saying that people tend to hold the studio responsible for everything that goes into the Anime, regardless of whether they have a hand in that particular detail or not.

I can't seem to figure out how you take it to mean that studios doesn't matter at all.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-07-17 at 08:59.
Old 2012-07-17, 05:23   Link #1074
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
So I guess what it boils down to is that you suggest KyoAni should not take credit for the adaptations they make, and it was all a lucky accident that their Kanon and Clannad anime series sold, and could have been done by anyone.

It's your right to think that way I guess. I like to think anime studios actually matter.

So why did Key delayed Little Busters so long because they wanted to book KyoAni? Are they idiots who should have done what you suggested, and just pick someone else years ago?

I understand that you are trying to be optimistic. I just find it unnecessary to try to achieve this by claiming anime studios themselves as irrelevant. It is not a good sign if your defence of JC Staff is "they don't make much of a difference".
I'd like to think that the point he's making isn't "studios aren't relevant" as opposed to "studios aren't as relevant as what a fair number of posters here seem to think". As of now I think many just treat them as an overall figurehead to vent blame and/or shower praise, which is about the same as doing a sweeping generalisation.

JC Staff has made good shows under the steering of good staff. That's fact and we can say it for the vast majority of professional studios out there.
Old 2012-07-17, 08:48   Link #1075
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Oh look, this again. Every time this forum gets bumped I get all excited about some news, but it's always the "LEAVE JC ALONE! LEAVE EM ALONE!"

Either that or JC bashing.

Give it a rest people it's been half a year of debates over it already

Arturia Polaris

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-07-17, 10:08   Link #1076
tsunade666

This thing will never get tired as long as JC handles LB! They still wish for kyoani --_--

Is there any new news or illustration in the magazines? about the anime and not the game.

The magazine post above show scenes from the game even though I can't read it. Some characters aren't shown the anime designs yet.
Old 2012-07-17, 13:15   Link #1077
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
So I guess what it boils down to is that you suggest KyoAni should not take credit for the adaptations they make
It's not all black or white,they shouldn't take complete credit but they're not irrelevant either someone already made a post about it

Remember that what we're refering to here is purely scriptwriting and adaptation choices,not anything that happens afterwards
Old 2012-07-17, 14:14   Link #1078
OPN

For LB to work it would need to be two cour at least. If they adapt the ex routes and refrain then it would need 2 more cours. One to adapt refrain and one to adapt the ex routes that way it won't feel rushed and so they don't cram everything in and skip over stuff but since its JC staff who knows how that will work out. They could just cram everything in one cour including refrain but we'll see. Behind the pacing/writing my other main concern is the animation since JC's schedule would be their typical JC staff schedule and most of their talented animators would probably be working on the index movie. Hopefully haruko managed to bring some of the people who worked with her on IM and or inuboku to help out.
Old 2012-07-17, 14:19   Link #1079
tsunade666

^For all the JC works. The only good thing I can say about JC is they can do long term works or more cours if they like. We can get 2 cours or 2 more cours or another season but for LB! I think another season is not possible but maybe at least 2 cours or 4 cours?(wishing wishing)
Old 2012-07-17, 14:25   Link #1080
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Unlike several of their other multi-cour works, Little Busters is finished. They don't have to wait for the novels to finish or anything.

Tags
anime game, little busters