AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-03-26, 19:45   Link #61
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Wait...so no one else thinks sof6 sibling is a girl? What I read didn't identify a gender.
Old 2014-03-26, 19:48   Link #62
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

In the one I read it was translated as brother.
Old 2014-03-26, 20:50   Link #63
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
When did Naruto train for a power he “never should have been able to have”? I don’t see how this makes obtaining rinnegan “in-line” with his character? That just seems like a contrived justification/excuse to get some power-up. This sounds as ill-suited as those bad fanart images of Naruto wearing an akatsuki robe; just out of place and done just to look cool.
-You read it wrong. I'm saying that by doing all the crazy training, putting in the effort and making friends would be so powerful that the universe would bend over to give him a prize, which would be next power-up. Rinnengan is just personal wishing. I never said it will/should be a fact.

Quote:
Uh, I’ll just take that as “there are no relevant parallels”. I never said you mentioned the rinnegan there, I asked you a question. The point I’m making is that this doesn’t align well with the story and character/clan associations (which kishimoto makes so glaringly obvious).
-But you did. You asked me what parallels exist between Naruto's heritage and the Rinnengan when I wasn't even talking about it there.

Quote:
lol what relevant parallels do Naruto or his clan heritage share with the rinnegan?
-I was instead commenting on the parallels between Naruto and Ashura. That's it. But if you need a connection, then there is so far only Nagato who was an Uzumaki that held and used the Rinnengan, even if it was given/implanted in him. Doesn't mean Naruto necessarily will have them, but as I've overstated already, I just like the idea behind giving him that eye though I will be happy regardless of how he becomes stronger at this point.

Quote:
lol, that sounds like it came straight out of one of those horrible fanfics spread around just before the chapter release, and precisely the type of quick-fixes that are NOT in-line with Naruto’s character.
-It was mostly a joke guy, barely even an example. No need to read far too much into it. It's simply something that could happen, not what will.

Quote:
And maybe you should re-read what you wrote. You’re the one who brought-up parallels between Naruto and Ashura, saying if Naruto was to be an “Ashura 2.0” you’d welcome him gaining rinnegan as if the parallels they share have something to do with the rinnegan.
-Wrong. I never explicitly said that him being Ashura 2.0 will entail him getting the Rinnengan. I only said that Kishimoto ought to "DO IT" (chiefly giving Naruto Rinnengan) for my own personal taste. Granted, I probably should have split that in the initial post. But I'll clear it up here: Naruto being Ashura 2.0 is not an entitlement to get mystic eyes, even if I personally like the idea.

-Now are we clear?
Old 2014-03-26, 22:27   Link #64
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminion Lancer View Post
--I was instead commenting on the parallels between Naruto and Ashura
I know that, theres something called a “transitive relationship”. If there are certain parallels between Ashura and the rinnegan, certain parallels between Ashura and Naruto, then there must be certain parallels between Naruto and the rinnegan. My main point was just that it wouldn’t make sense based on what we’ve been told in the story, and it would seem like a pretty contrived, clumsy plot development.
Quote:
That's it. But if you need a connection, then there is so far only Nagato who was an Uzumaki that held and used the Rinnengan, even if it was given/implanted in him.
Right, no relevant associations.
Quote:
-It was mostly a joke guy, barely even an example. No need to read far too much into it. It's simply something that could happen, not what will.
…I didn’t say you said it will happen. Again, my main point is that based on the framework of data we’ve been given and everything we know about the characters, him getting this power would be a pretty contrived and incongruent development. You keep trying to prove the point that’s possible, um duh. If Kishimoto wants, anything is possible –I was just discussing why I thought this wouldn’t be a good development.
Quote:
-Wrong. I never explicitly said that him being Ashura 2.0 will entail him getting the Rinnengan. I only said that Kishimoto ought to "DO IT" (chiefly giving Naruto Rinnengan) for my own personal taste. Granted, I probably should have split that in the initial post. But I'll clear it up here: Naruto being Ashura 2.0 is not an entitlement to get mystic eyes, even if I personally like the idea.
Ok that might have made things clearer lol.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 22:47   Link #65
itachi-san314

naruto getting the rinnegan would completely oppose the comparisons we've been given between him and Ashura for years now. the point of Ashura's power was that he got it by not having the talent his older brother had, namely his eyes
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 02:00   Link #66
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Sage looks similar to the character Kishi made in his pilot Naruto manga. Is it possible he did this on purpose?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-03-27, 02:06   Link #67
Apollian

In the chapter Rikudo states through Ashuras training, his chakra bloomed to the point of making him equal in power to his brother. Right after this, then, he says he split the Juubi inside of him. He couldnt of had the Kyuubi in him if it was still the Juubi inside his father. We didnt see a panel of him inside the Kyuubi humanoid thing until after Rikudo states he separated the Juubi and named his successor at the end of the chapter.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 04:04   Link #68
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
This chapter reminded me of the Neo meets the Architect scene from Matrix Reloaded. I remember the Architect even had a long-winded, grandiloquent style to his speech. And of course Naruto is the n-th incarnation of Neo.
Yes I thought this was almost certainly a matrix nod Kishi made and my inner neo fanboy was jumping buildings.

Kaguya being essentially the matriarchal god of the Naruto-verse was pretty cool. Like the idea of how (western admittedly) society changed from a matriarchy to patriarchy religious system.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 05:42   Link #69
Apollian

So she was an Alien. On page 7 when Naruto asked him if he was an Alien, the Sages answer was, "I guess that does make sense".
He must of been thinking of where his mother is from. And even if his Father was from Earth that still makes him only half Human or a Demigod.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 06:05   Link #70
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Not gonna lie this might be the most irritating thing this manga has done
....................im with you there....i didnt want to be but here i am

It expains why naruto gets those symbols around his neck in kyuubi mode....but still, this came out of nowhere >.<
Old 2014-03-27, 06:14   Link #71
Monster0

So maybe the death god is related to the so6p.Some have guessed his mom is the death god,but no boobs makes me think it's the brother.
So maybe this is the origin of the usumaki clan?they are all about sealing aren't they?
And with all these parallels with the two brothers leads us to Sasuke.Could he be next to get a visitation? From the brother of so6p's maybe?
Who's with Sasuke right now,Orochimaru.And does he still have that death god mask? i can't remember.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 07:37   Link #72
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
I know that, theres something called a “transitive relationship”. If there are certain parallels between Ashura and the rinnegan, certain parallels between Ashura and Naruto, then there must be certain parallels between Naruto and the rinnegan.
-Except I am not arguing that there are parallels between Naruto and the Rinnengan itself. Besides, didn't the SoSP say explicitly this chapter against such an argument? He claimed that "Just because a child is related to greatness on 2 sides, that doesn't mean he will achieve the same greatness himself". Naruto is technically related to Tsunade and Hashirama (on top of being Minato's son), but we're never going to see him connected to medical ninjutsu or start busting out giant wood dragons out his rear.

Quote:
My main point was just that it wouldn’t make sense based on what we’ve been told in the story, and it would seem like a pretty contrived, clumsy plot development.
-You speak as if the plot hasn't been screwy and borderline ridiculous already . Remind me again: how many previously established rules and developments did Kishimoto break or retcon out? By the end of the day, I wouldn't be surprised if Naruto throws his Hokage dream in order to be the #1 Elvis impersonator who teaches peace and love for all. It'd be utterly stupid but given the track record of things, it's about as likely to happen as anything else.

Quote:
…I didn’t say you said it will happen. Again, my main point is that based on the framework of data we’ve been given and everything we know about the characters, him getting this power would be a pretty contrived and incongruent development. You keep trying to prove the point that’s possible, um duh. If Kishimoto wants, anything is possible –I was just discussing why I thought this wouldn’t be a good development.
-Like I mentioned above, Naruto has not had a very consistent track record of events and the characters. Arguing based on anything from the past is as likely to crumble like a biscuit raft. But ultimately, you're of the opinion that Naruto+Rinnengan=bad, yes? Obviously, I am of the opinion that I like the idea (though I acknowledge it probably won't happen). Good or bad development is not exactly universal. What one person finds horrible development, another may enjoy it.

-But I think we've dragged this through the mud long enough now, so I'll stop here. Good talk though man. Peace out.
Old 2014-03-27, 08:24   Link #73
Typeblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orilea View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
So this is the reïncarnation tree i guess.

The making people follow you should be making people WANT to follow you!
Notice that it is not exactly a family tree cuz naruto clearly aint senju.
Naruto has to be Senjuu. We know all chakra users are descendants of the sage/and or his brother. And we know the sage only had 2 sons; then it is safe to assume that since Naruto is clearly not an Uchiha, then his bloodline must be closer to Senjuu
Senjuu over time must have mixed with or branched off into other clans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkingtonPugsly View Post
I remember when vol. 45 (in japan) was out I thought we were nearing the end.
69 comes out soon... haha
I'm just a tired old fan who wants to see it through to the end but damn sometimes it gets frustrating.
After reading your comment I couldn't help but wonder all the Naruto fans that pass away every year, who never got to see the answers to many of the mysteries in the manga revealed. I would also like to see the Manga to to the end. 14 years is a long time

Last edited by Hunter; 2014-03-27 at 19:26.
Typeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 10:05   Link #74
Avaricia
My Lord

Another fucking plot hole. Where the fuck is the sage's brother? Where the fuck did Kishimoto pulled him out? in his ass? in Togashi? in Kubo? or in Mashima? WTF!!
Still gonna drag it out? This guy is worst than Mashima. At least Mashima shows some tits compared to this guy. Fuck!
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 11:26   Link #75
abeech

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Great chapter!

The original sons got reincarnated in every era. I guess, back then it was Madara and Hashi. Now it's Naruto and probably Sasuke.

One thing! What did the sage mean when he said the younger brother gained the same power as the older? Did he also gain sharingan? Since we saw that they were using Susano's to fight each other.

And WTF happened to the sage's brother?

What will he entrust Naruto with? New way of thinking? New power?

And from what place did his mother came? Did she look that "demonic" after eating the fruit, or before?

Maybe the sage's brother become an Uzumaki?!

And just because I can! If younger brother gained the same power as the older (sharingan). And Naruto is literally reincarnation of him. And with Naruto talking with sage and him saying he will entrust something to Naruto. Get ready people! Here comes rinnegan Naruto
It said he obtained a power on the same level as his brother. Not the same power. The younger brother never received the rinnigan and neither will naruto.
abeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 11:42   Link #76
itachi29al

This is getting confusing lol. Does anyone know how long the gap between the Sage lifetime and madaara's or hashirma's. I always thought it nearly 1000 year but seeing as ninja and clans existed after his time it seem like it might be less. Furthermore, they may have adressed, but before the creation of village did the Daimyo's lack any formal army. Did they use ninja as mercenaries? Or did they have large, perhaps not obsolete, armies of normal warriors.
Old 2014-03-27, 11:51   Link #77
Kafriel
Senior Guest

But of cooooourse Naruto had to be the flippin' reincarnation of the So6P's son! Now he can end the war and the sage hermit can find eternal peace...still, this chapter raises way more questions than it answers, resulting in another weekly wait for...well, the rest of the story.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 12:31   Link #78
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
But of cooooourse Naruto had to be the flippin' reincarnation of the So6P's son! Now he can end the war and the sage hermit can find eternal peace...still, this chapter raises way more questions than it answers, resulting in another 5 years of wait for...well, the rest of the story.
Fixed it for you. This fuckin guy said in the interview that after Madara = Tentails battle. Fuck me man Fuck me!
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 12:56   Link #79
Kagetsuchi
Where's my Heart?

I haven't posted for awhile i generally lurk because i haven't been really watching much anime because of life.

But my god you guys have no idea how disappointed i am with this ass pull, I'm done not even gonna finish the manga now kishmoto just threw logic out the window on this one i know its a shounen but seriously reincarnation ass pull is the most laziest way to write in a win.

I mean what about light and dark kurama put in naruto so he has full 8tails, and since kubuto just saved sasuke with hashirama cell he coulda been the best candidate for the rinnegan. But no we got your the reincarnation of the 2 original OP ninjas my god I'm so done with this now.

/rant
Old 2014-03-27, 13:19   Link #80
Rurik
Golden

So going by how logic goes in this Manga, Kayuga must be the Shimigami.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion