AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2014-11-05, 13:17   Link #5041
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

If you only seen the 2006 anime and Fate Zero, does that make you a veteran viewer or a new viewer?
Old 2014-11-05, 13:19   Link #5042
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
If you only seen the 2006 anime and Fate Zero, does that make you a veteran viewer or a new viewer?
The lines are a bit obscure depending upon how much else you've learned on the side, but the general distinction seems to be that Spoiler-Free is for anime-only viewers and Spoilers are for people whose knowledge goes beyond that.

I'm not wholly sure where having seen the UBW movie falls, though.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 17:16   Link #5043
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

UBW would fall under veteran methinks since the currently airing anime is UBW and having seen UBW would spoil them all the major plotpoints which pretty much classifies them as veterans for UBW.
But as soon as HF rolls, they might need to be informed that they are newbies and have to go to the other section.
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 12:09   Link #5044
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Okkin View Post
UBW would fall under veteran methinks since the currently airing anime is UBW and having seen UBW would spoil them all the major plotpoints which pretty much classifies them as veterans for UBW.
But as soon as HF rolls, they might need to be informed that they are newbies and have to go to the other section.
That's somewhat true, but the spoiler section does also include HF spoilers.
Old 2014-11-14, 17:31   Link #5045
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by superiorsuperboy View Post
DaMN.... I tot it was a reboot like how the amazing spider-spider-man was a reboot or the 2003 onen. Would still be interested in saber's route. Maybe I should play the game.
Nope. The FSN VN has 3 routes. The 3 routes have a forced playing order:

Fate: The first route of the game. This is what the 2006 anime is based off of. Saber is the main heroine of this route.

Unlimited Blade Works: This is what the current anime and the previous movie were based on. Tohsaka Rin is the main Heroine of this route though the story is more about Shirou and Archer.

Heaven's Feel: The final route of the game and the one that the coming movie(s) will be based on. The heroine of this route is Matou Sakura. More emphasis is given to the humans than servants in this route. This is the darkest of all the routes.
Old 2015-01-01, 13:27   Link #5046
iBeast

I've only watched Fate/Zero and nothing else. I am currently up to the date on the current releases F/SN:UBW.

Question:

How come Saber doesn't say anything each time EK's name gets brought up? How come Rin doesn't say anything?

Or are they still salty EK was stylin' on them back in F/Z?
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-01, 13:43   Link #5047
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
I've only watched Fate/Zero and nothing else. I am currently up to the date on the current releases F/SN:UBW.

Question:

How come Saber doesn't say anything each time EK's name gets brought up? How come Rin doesn't say anything?

There is no reason why Rin would know about EK at all. Tokiomi didn't tell her and he appearantly didn't leave any records about his prepareations behind or it was just Kirei who eliminated any remianing evidence. Why should Saber show a reaction every time Kiritsugu is mentioned? That would just be forcing connections to the prequel, as she has much more important matters to attend to that trouble her right now.

Also Fate/Zero was originally written with the prequisite that the audience already read through the complete Visual Novel of Fate/stay night.
Fate/stay night is not Fate/Zero 2.
Fate/Zero is more like "Fate/stay night - how it began".

That is why references to F/Z do not have high priority in F/sn:UBW. And most of the references to the 4th HGW were actually in the original F/sn Visual Novel from before F/Z even existed. A few references were added by the new F/sn anime though, like the Catalyst for the summoning for a certain gold-haired servant being included in Tokiomi's inheritance for Rin, but those new references are much less in number than the "references" that existed before F/Z was even written.
Old 2015-01-01, 14:43   Link #5048
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Rin didn't even know Shirou's father was involved. She didn't even know he existed.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-01, 15:39   Link #5049
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post

Question:

Some parts of the discussions about, and references to Kiritsugu are foreshadowing for the Heaven's Feel route instead of references to Fate/Zero, which didn't exist at the time of F/SN release. The Heaven's Feel route is getting its own adaptation as one or multiple movies when F/SN:UBW is done airing.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2015-01-02 at 07:21.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-02, 05:51   Link #5050
iBeast

Gotcha.

When you guys mention the 3 routes with 3 different heroines...

is it all the same story of F/SN with the same ending with different emphasis on the lead character or is it an entirely different storyline?
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-02, 06:13   Link #5051
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

They each share a common route, but then they start diverging wildly from the Fate route in both Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel.
Old 2015-01-02, 06:27   Link #5052
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The storyline branches off fairly early. (just a little bit after Saber is summoned really) The routes have some common elements here and there, but they're mostly unique storylines.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-05, 05:33   Link #5053
Parousia

I'm just gonna leave this here.

So after watching Fate/Zero, I was curious about Fate/Stay Night, is it a sequel of Fate/Zero?
Also, can someone tell me what's the chronological order of the Fate/Series.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 2015-01-05, 05:38   Link #5054
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolySin View Post
I'm just gonna leave this here.

So after watching Fate/Zero, I was curious about Fate/Stay Night, is it a sequel of Fate/Zero?
Also, can someone tell me what's the chronological order of the Fate/Series.

Thanks in Advance.
Fate/Zero is a prequel to Fate/Stay Night.

Chronological order is...starting from Zero to FSN. FSN was released first, then Zero was written.

I guess you can view FSN as a sequel, but the game has 3 different paths. All of them deal with plot points raised in Zero, but separately. For example, the current anime is the adaptation of the second route, where Archer is the main focus. Saber was the focus of the 2006 adaptation and that one deals with her ideals and past.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-05, 05:40   Link #5055
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Chronological order:

Fate Zero > Fate Stay Night > Fate Hollow Ataraxia

Order of Release:

Fate Stay Night > Fate Hollow Ataraxia > Fate Zero

Fate Zero is a prequel to FSN.
FSN Consists of three routes, Fate (animated by DEEN), Unlimited Blade Works (currently being animated by ufotable), and Heaven's Feel (not yet animated, planned by ufotable). These three routes occur at the same time as alternate possibilities of one timeline.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 01:29   Link #5056
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Can anyone list the fates of all of Fate/Apogrypha's Masters and Servants, please?
Old 2015-01-09, 02:08   Link #5057
Phantom

Does EMIYA have Avalon within him or is there a reason that he doesn't?
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 02:20   Link #5058
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

He doesn't, else Arturia's presence would've healed his wounds too. If his route followed something along the lines of Saber's route (barring the known differences), his Saber would've regained Avalon from him, much like she did in the Fate route.
Old 2015-01-09, 07:00   Link #5059
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
^ That's not entirely true. Shiro loses his healing ability when he loses his contract with Saber despite her still being very much alive and more or less well in UBW, so clearly just her being around isn't sufficient to trigger the healing effect. (inb4 "what about Irisviel")

Unless it was answered in one of the CMs, I don't think there was any indication as to whether EMIYA had Avalon within him. Regardless, I doubt Archer would, as Avalon was implanted into his body, thus would have remained with his corpse while his spirit ascended to the Throne of Heroes.

In short, IMO it's possible, but wouldn't really change anything whether it was true or not.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 09:24   Link #5060
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
^ That's not entirely true. Shiro loses his healing ability when he loses his contract with Saber despite her still being very much alive and more or less well in UBW, so clearly just her being around isn't sufficient to trigger the healing effect. (inb4 "what about Irisviel")

Unless it was answered in one of the CMs, I don't think there was any indication as to whether EMIYA had Avalon within him. Regardless, I doubt Archer would, as Avalon was implanted into his body, thus would have remained with his corpse while his spirit ascended to the Throne of Heroes.

In short, IMO it's possible, but wouldn't really change anything whether it was true or not.
Spoiler for UBW route, upcoming second cour spoilers:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote