AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-02-28, 17:50   Link #1
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Help with Premiere and making AMVs

I have Adobe Premiere 6.0 and I don't understand it much.
I am so used to Windows Movie Maker! Can someone explain the features or point me in the direction of some tutorials for making AMVs [anime music videos] with it...

Thanks
some questions I have:

1] when I import one episode in Movie Maker it seperated into clips, how do I make clips in Premiere?
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 18:23   Link #2
Shadowlord
~DESU

well, I personally think premier sucks, if you have the money go out and get Pinnacle studio, it works better and is very straightforward.
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 20:02   Link #3
chris
[root@localhost]#
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord
well, I personally think premier sucks, if you have the money go out and get Pinnacle studio, it works better and is very straightforward.
He never asked what software you would recomend so next time try being helpfull, instead of giving stupid reply's and premere is a good piece of editing software if you know how to use it. Ill just leave it at that because i dont want to get involved any further.

o as for your question you dont make clips per say in premere you use what is called a timeline. you use your tools in order to cut move and add transitions into your movie... are you shure you want to use premere im warning you now its allot harder then movie maker.

Last edited by chris; 2004-02-29 at 17:26.
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 21:48   Link #4
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

But when I add it to the timeline its just one movie.
Like if I add naruto ep1 its complete. I want like, to use 5s from the OP nd 5s
from the ED right after one another. How would I do that?
Old 2004-02-29, 11:23   Link #5
chris
[root@localhost]#
*IT Support

Ok so your timeline is like this

you first use the razor tool to split the movie timeline. and then you use the first button the arrow to move your movie into video b and then line it up and put a transition in. If you need any more help ill try to help you.
o and u can ad more movies by going

file > import > file

O yah this goes the same for adding audio and video

Last edited by chris; 2004-02-29 at 11:39.
Old 2004-02-29, 14:21   Link #6
Solstice

^_^ First off, premiere doesn't suck. Though 6.0 has the tendency to crash every 5 minutes on my 800Mhz machine, it doesn't do that on the more powerful one downstairs.

This is what I usually do to make an amv after I've selected the music/anime and I know which direction it's going to go:
1. I get the interesting scenes from the anime on disk first by using (in) and (out) in virtualdub and saving them without sound.
2. I import all the clips I have and put them in seperate directory's of the library per episode. This seems like a tedious thing to do and it is, but you will thank yourself later when editing.
3. I choose my project settings. This will depend on your source materials quality, size etc.
4. I import the sound and put it on the timeline like chris described.
5. Then I start editing, the smaller clips are it makes it easier to edit and it seems to be more accurate than larger clips.
6. If the project is done, I export my amv. If the amv has subs, I get them off by loading the clip into virtualdub and applying a filter resize cropping. However, you need to watch what you're doing there. Divx codec can start to nag it's not a multiple of 16 if you choose that codec. Also, during editing you may have put action in there that is now going to be cut off because you need to loose the subs.

I tried Pinnacle once, after getting used to Premiere I couldn't get it to work for me anyhow. Premiere really has more to offer.

www.animemusicvideos.org has a couple of tutorials I believe.
Solstice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 14:59   Link #7
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Yay, Thanks
Old 2004-02-29, 16:24   Link #8
chris
[root@localhost]#
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solsticego:
1. I get the interesting scenes from the anime on disk first by using (in) and (out) in virtualdub and saving them without sound.
I havent used virtual dub i always used premere to get rid of the audio all u do is seperae the audio from video then deleet the audio.

Anyways i hope i helped and if you need any more help just ask.
Old 2004-03-23, 03:07   Link #9
Hsiehinator

does anyone know of a god mp3-->wav converter cuz Premiere dun take mp3 unless someone can tell me how
Hsiehinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 11:54   Link #10
chris
[root@localhost]#
*IT Support

premere takes mp3's( i think i dont have it open and in front of me) just use the same prosess to add music as you would add video, look at the guide i posted at the top. If you have any more questions on premere feel free to ask.
Old 2004-03-23, 13:04   Link #11
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

damn, wish i had gotten to this thread sooner...my school has a Communications class that teachs us how to use premiere in one of the units...i guess i was pretty lucky
<xellos> is offline   Reply With Quote