AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-05-02, 19:20   Link #4201
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
It's because of context.

Everytime we see this happen we see the Heero who still tries to keep to himself, either at the time he doesn't really know how to handle it or because he is trying to finish a war.

To have him do this after "Months of happieness" is more then a little odd and a reversal of character instead of growth. This is one of the reasons it's odd to not go into more detail on this subject. Is it happiness for Relena? Is it actually both of them are happy as the passage implies? Does Heero open up to her at all?

If we are to just take him up and bouncing one day and saying jack shit it really begs to question just how realistic is that Heero has had any character growth in that time and just how happy those two actually are.

Had Heero jetted right after he woke up and healed, or when Relena was in the shower or some shit then it wouldn't be a problem. It smacks of weird though they decided to pull Kira/Lacus with Heero and Relena only to have Heero pull Midseason Gundam Wing Heero type action.
I see where you're coming from and totally agree.

I still can't think of what he was recovering from after the whole Barton incident... he stumbled out of a wreaked gundam and from what I was able to tell, collapsed of plain exhaustion. Whatever, it would be nice to get an expansion on this.

On a side note, why is Rashid and the rest of the Manguanac Corp. upset with Quatre? They were with him at New Edwards... even though they seemed to have disappeared halfway through the battle. Dammit Sumizawa! Get it together!

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 19:29   Link #4202
Ferhb

Quote:
Well we haven't heard anything out of Bandai or the Gundam mags that would imply that they are pushing it to end quicker then normal.

As it is, so long as they aren't going to end AGE early then there is likely little to worry about Frozen Teardrop or Glory being ended early. Granted neither seem to be doing raving well among fans either so anyone holding out hope for something to be animated when it comes to either is holding out hope for something that will likely never happen.
Maybe you're right!

But I do hope it gets animated just for the sake of having GW animated again. One can hope
Ferhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 20:47   Link #4203
Tendou Souji

Quote:
Well we haven't heard anything out of Bandai or the Gundam mags that would imply that they are pushing it to end quicker then normal.

As it is, so long as they aren't going to end AGE early then there is likely little to worry about Frozen Teardrop or Glory being ended early. Granted neither seem to be doing raving well among fans either so anyone holding out hope for something to be animated when it comes to either is holding out hope for something that will likely never happen.
What makes you say they aren't doing well with fans? They still sell, right?
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 21:08   Link #4204
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
What makes you say they aren't doing well with fans? They still sell, right?
I didn't say it was doing badly.

However it certainly isn't doing amazing either if we just look at fansites, listing on blogs and overall fan outcry from Japan. Nothing suggests to me that Frozen Teardrop is doing amazing or badly it, just kinda is.

Unless you are talking about Age, then there is plenty to suggest that things are going very very negativly even if it is starting to win people over slowly.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 21:35   Link #4205
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
I see where you're coming from and totally agree.

I still can't think of what he was recovering from after the whole Barton incident... he stumbled out of a wreaked gundam and from what I was able to tell, collapsed of plain exhaustion. Whatever, it would be nice to get an expansion on this.

On a side note, why is Rashid and the rest of the Manguanac Corp. upset with Quatre? They were with him at New Edwards... even though they seemed to have disappeared halfway through the battle. Dammit Sumizawa! Get it together!
Hell, an explosion in the face should have scarred him a little, but he came out unscathed... also, is it just me, or the damage the serpents did to wing zero was trivial?

By the way, the other thing is that Heero and Duo are both imbeciles... do they think they are too broken, or what?

Spoiler for reasoning:
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 22:25   Link #4206
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
Hell, an explosion in the face should have scarred him a little, but he came out unscathed... also, is it just me, or the damage the serpents did to wing zero was trivial?

By the way, the other thing is that Heero and Duo are both imbeciles... do they think they are too broken, or what?

Spoiler for reasoning:
Well the damage to Zero is odd. He takes way to much damage that we just don't see being done to him and then they use the odd excuse that it was the TBR that finishes it off.

As for Heero, he does have a weird habbit of avoiding damage but I don't think it's any worse then say Kira who takes Aegis self detonating right to the freaking mug.
Old 2012-05-03, 00:30   Link #4207
Tendou Souji

Quote:
I didn't say it was doing badly.

However it certainly isn't doing amazing either if we just look at fansites, listing on blogs and overall fan outcry from Japan. Nothing suggests to me that Frozen Teardrop is doing amazing or badly it, just kinda is.

Unless you are talking about Age, then there is plenty to suggest that things are going very very negativly even if it is starting to win people over slowly.
I know Age is doing terribly but I haven't really seen Japanese fan opinion on Frozen Teardrop. Just the vocal Western members. Where is the Japanese fan outcry?
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 00:35   Link #4208
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
I know Age is doing terribly but I haven't really seen Japanese fan opinion on Frozen Teardrop. Just the vocal Western members. Where is the Japanese fan outcry?
That's really the issue.

There isn't any. Thus far Frozen Teardrop seems to have avoided AGE's fate, but neither has it gained any real traction or push so that we Gundam fans really hear alot about it from our Asian counterparts like we did with Crossbone/Unicorn/Astray/Stargazer.

Maybe when we actually get to see Snow White, or something of substance happens we might see a pick up, but as it stands Frozen Teardrop seems to be in a state of Limbo bordering on Meh which could be even more damning then AGE.

Right now the closest thing we can really compare it to G Gundam Manga remake/retelling that while not doing badly didn't lite the Gundam world on fire either. Of course this from everything I've seen. I surf more then a few places popular with Gundam and talk to more then a few buds who are apart of the Japanese gundam scene, that said it's all hearsay so of course it could be wrong, but until Bandai or something showing a strong following from Japan I'm comfortable going with this mindset.

Last edited by FalsePrime; 2012-05-03 at 00:46.
Old 2012-05-03, 05:38   Link #4209
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
And, wow! These people want the equivalent of 3 years worth of government budgeting! They should have gone for more!
No... it's one year.

Also, don't try shipping Heero and Relena together with that blurb, folks. The author states that she watched over him protectively like a nurse. That doesn't mean he's reciprocating anything.

Edit: secret clause it is! 機密事項
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.

Last edited by Deacon Blues; 2012-05-03 at 07:44.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 08:27   Link #4210
Ferhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
Spoiler for reasoning:
You know... I think you're going too fanfic on this. Duo, okay, maybe that's an explanation, since I never thought he'd have become such a jerk, but Heero... well... we only assumed that he liked Relena.
But I don't believe he's going to actually kill her. Do you?
Old 2012-05-03, 09:12   Link #4211
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Continuing on... (does this satisfy people btw?)

Spoiler:
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 09:22   Link #4212
susyia

at last they talked about something... relena for president ......may not be something romantic but at least they had some dialogue.....
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 16:24   Link #4213
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Thanks for the translations Deacon. They're highly appreciated, even if it's basically reading Preventer 5 lol.

Quote:
I still can't think of what he was recovering from after the whole Barton incident... he stumbled out of a wreaked Gundam and from what I was able to tell, collapsed of plain exhaustion.
We all know he was simulating.

Quote:
*blinks* You're right, they were totally with him. lol What a blooper yet again!
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 19:28   Link #4214
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Thanks for the latest GoL chapter (boring as it was) and translations as always, Deacon.

LOL @ at the Maganac goof.

“If we forget about the hostages, I can go finish this right now…” Ninja Wufei FTW!
Old 2012-05-04, 01:16   Link #4215
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
No... it's one year.

Also, don't try shipping Heero and Relena together with that blurb, folks. The author states that she watched over him protectively like a nurse. That doesn't mean he's reciprocating anything.

Edit: secret clause it is! 機密事項
opppsss.... Misread the numbers ^^; Also, thanks for taking the time to translate stuff. Really appreciated.

LOL! Does Heero ever reciprocate anything other then displeased?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
We all know he was simulating.
He just wanted to get close to them boobies!

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 16:07   Link #4216
Ferhb

Yeah Deacon, your translations are really appreciated as always. Thank you!

By the way, are there any pics in this chapter?
Old 2012-05-05, 16:16   Link #4217
Mkam

I would also like to say thanks to Deacon for the translations. Seriously I appreciate it so much!
Mkam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 19:07   Link #4218
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferhb View Post
Yeah Deacon, your translations are really appreciated as always. Thank you!

By the way, are there any pics in this chapter?
I think they were posted a few pages back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommer View Post
Cover from FT and some pages of the manga
Spoiler for Cover:

Spoiler for Baby Heero:
Old 2012-05-05, 20:00   Link #4219
Ferhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I think they were posted a few pages back.
Yeah, I saw that, but the baby Heero's pics are from GoL
Old 2012-05-05, 21:34   Link #4220
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferhb View Post
Yeah, I saw that, but the baby Heero's pics are from GoL
Derp. I downloaded and read the chapter too.

The pics should come out relatively soon.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing