AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 4 6.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 40.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 23.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 13.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 11.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-03-06, 05:57   Link #21
Avegaille

Watched both RAW and sub... well, the RAW first at around 2 AM...

Wow, it looks like the action is finally starting, as expected and I can't wait for that... also Uiharu's ability finally being revealed. About time people... >( Even though it's kinda useless at first, but maybe at a higher level, it might be actually something powerful.

Also, ack, that Kihara guy again... I wonder if we'll see him in the remaining two episodes, and what stance does Telestina go at... the good or the bad... next episode, I am going to be waiting for it.
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 06:33   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I don't think there's an official name for it.
Heat up? Warmth? Walking Microwave? Thermal Conformation (only in the positive area) sounds good to me, personally.
SOLAR HANDS !

Good episode, never would have guessed Uiharu's power would be this. Mikoto's infiltration gear was just hilarious indeed, I mean, come on . I enjoyed the scenes Kuroko a lot too, especially when she was sleeping...

So I'm guessing that candy Telstina eats ominously in the OP is that crystallized esper essence. As long as she doesn't need to fight in that pink mech anymore, I'm okay with it.
Old 2010-03-06, 06:51   Link #23
hai_san

Biribiri most "perfect disguse" ever !

Finaly a interesting ep with story and no filler.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 08:09   Link #24
Spiritual

Gotta have a good first post! =P

Sup guys. Hope you don't mind me hopping into the discussion!

Aww, awkward moments between friends. Kuroku must of really hurt Uihara's feelings. Not to mention being railroaded last episode, she gets this from someone she trust. Rage walls in place, I bet she just hates being shafted by Kuroku. This is a few times now within the series? Keep playing the blame game Uihara, I'm with you on this one.

Kuroku being Kuroku even in her sleep. Mikoto probably wouldn't want to know anything about her imagination even if she could make comments on it.

Mikoto must of watched Naruto and thought she could do it to. Mask, hidden weapon, and Chidori her side, all she needed was some genjutsu to complete the getup, which I found surprisingly funny. Perfect disguise

Spoiler for Ninja:

What I found also funny was Uihara's ability. I'm hoping for a scene where Haure has something getting cold, looks sad at Uihara, and Uihara begins to regret the whole thing. Ah speculations. Those flowers on her head are probably warm climate flowers. They are parasites feeding off her power.

Ya know. Uihara could get potentially deadly with her power, but I'd imagine her power doesn't really match her overall personality, unless she gets even more passionate about her . At level 5 I'd imagine her as this person.

Spoiler for Caution! Caution!:

I kinda like Telestina, Quirky leader of parts of the academy city(forgot the names of her positions), cept for the fact she follows kids around and gives them candy... In anycase, I really have a bad feeling about whats going to happen because the children had to leave because they had to leave tender destructive care for creepy innocent. Still though, I think both of them are gonna be pivotal for things to come. Just wish the Stripper Lady could actually do something she is good at. Oh wait....wrong anime.

As always. A good episode. I clicked 7 but meant to click 9. Silly me.
Spiritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 08:17   Link #25
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for My Views:
Old 2010-03-06, 08:40   Link #26
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
It's possible that at higher lvl her power extends beyond keeping temperature. It may be a form of stasis. ie she can freeze something in a time bubble.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 08:59   Link #27
Ashaman

You should probably take speculation about her power to the character thread, but never mind that now. Great ep. I lol'd at Misaka's infiltration suit. The mask just made it for me.

Kuroko was great too, both understanding of Uiharu's feelings, but not regretful of her actions. She did what she considered right. Then she walks in on Misaka taking a bath while saying such cool stuff and gets socked for it. Plus, someone was having pleasent dreams

I can understand Misaka's decision at the end. Leave it to the professionals rather than the woman who is willing to cause mass earthquakes in the city.

And yes, I know that Tes is probably a bad guy here, but Misaka has no idea about that. Tho there is one thing. Why the hell was Tes and her mech squad following Misaka?!
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 09:22   Link #28
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritual View Post
~snip
It's Uiharu and Harrue.

Quote:
Why the hell was Tes and her mech squad following Misaka?!
Were they following her or they got a tip the best doctor in Academy City is there?

Figures that Dog Frog is involved with the most hopeless medical cases. Makes you wonder if he does some of these behind Aleister Crowley's back.

Oh that drug it would be both significant in both Railgun and Index. Just so happens its origin is revealed here.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 10:30   Link #29
Minagi Mikoto

Excellent episode. Actually I wanted to vote perfect because I voted excellent for the last episode, but somehow I just couldn't. So 9/10!

And Level 6 again?! This as after the failure of evolving accelerator into Level 6 right? They just don't give up!

I'm still suspicious of Telestina although I can't be that sure that she's a bad guy as I was earlier.

Uiharu's power is perfect for daily life! As expected from her! But it would have been quite cool if it was a part of a more general power: "Entropy Decreaser"!

Spoiler for Entropy Decreaser:

The most unexpected thing for me was to see Frog Doc there. I was so shocked that I paused and took the earphones off my ears!
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 10:51   Link #30
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minagi Mikoto View Post
And Level 6 again?! This as after the failure of evolving accelerator into Level 6 right? They just don't give up!
Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2010-03-06, 11:02   Link #31
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Spoiler for Reply:
Thanks for the information!
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 11:59   Link #32
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

So annoying. After hearing all that exposition, you're still going on with that persecution complex?

Keep things at a constant temperature. No one must know your terrible secret. o.o

It surprised me that they'd just suddenly out her power like that. An interesting power, like that bank robber that kept things going at the same speed. Free energy.

Gee, you know what would be really handy right about now? Something that would magically fix everyone's problems while giving us all some delicious tsundere Mikoto interaction? Yeah, that's right.

Call on the brofist that will pierce the heavens! Dr. Frogface at the very least knows all about Imagine Breaker, so why not just get Touma in there to negate their powers while they wake up one by one?

Okay, powered armor is cool and all, but was it really necessary to drag them into the hospital with you? I'm amazed they could keep up at that slow pace of theirs, not to mention making it up the elevator...

Spoiler for Mikoto stitch:

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2010-03-06 at 13:07.
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 12:06   Link #33
Ashaman

First of all, the Brofist pic is made of win. Just saying.

I had a similar thought with Touma, but if you think about it, his presense, if it even works, would be a teporary thing. I doubt they could contrl their powers even after waking up fully. Toua would have to stay with them wheverthey are awake.
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 12:07   Link #34
AlitY

Great episode, brought lots of things together and answerd many question finally finding out about Uiharu's power was great and im surprised it was nothing to do with her head band. Next weeks episode looks set to be just as good as this one and I can't wait for it. 9/10
AlitY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 12:12   Link #35
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post

Okay, powered armor is cool and all, but was it really necessary to drag them into the hospital with you? I'm amazed they could keep up at that slow pace of theirs, not to mention making it up the elevator...
It's kinda justified since she bringing them in a just in case scenario considering....
Spoiler for Power Armor:
Old 2010-03-06, 13:32   Link #36
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post

Spoiler for Mikoto stitch:
I'm guessing that they were being wary of Mikoto, or something. btw, you have my thanks for the stitch
Anyhow, story+railgun ftw!!
Old 2010-03-06, 13:35   Link #37
Ghostfriendly

Oo, broken frog mask at the end; shows Misaka mst be even more angry than she looks, as the frog doctor let Telestina take the kids away.

Is controlling the colour of smartie pill that falls out of a tube Telestina's power? A level 1 power she's compensating for by accquiring influence through shady plots would make her a great foil for Uiharu, as does looking like an older Kuroko with breasts.

Uihara is being a bit childish, but she's just trying too hard to support her new friend without considering the situation. Hopefully she'll learn a bit by the end of the series.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 16:49   Link #38
HandofFate

lame power :/

Spoiler for lame:
Old 2010-03-06, 16:58   Link #39
Seihai
スマイリウム

I think Uiharu not having used it before wouldn't have made sense if her power was useful, and it's Level 1 anyway. xD

End of arc? Not at all, it will end with the series' end.
Old 2010-03-06, 19:45   Link #40
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Misaka's disguise , She was cute ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote