AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-07-11, 10:03   Link #4281
LaplaceNoMa

You are awesome WH
LaplaceNoMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 11:42   Link #4282
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Finished it! Well this one was an awsome Episode it is my favorite now! It had everything I wanted inside it!
Old 2010-07-11, 12:48   Link #4283
The Creator
Golden Emperor

I seem to have an issue with the sound. Whenever a new sound is going to be played (no matter if it's a fx sound or the music playing in the background) some static can be heard.

I already checked other things to see if it was my computer but the only thing that seems to have this problem is umineko =S.

Help me please ;_;
The Creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 12:52   Link #4284
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

First of all, i would want to thank Witch Hunt for giving us this EP. I waited more than half a year for this, and i cannot imagine how hard it was to translate it by that time.... So, thanks! From the bottom of my heart.

But!

I tried to install this, well, not me, but my dad since i don't know a thing with computers, and i got a problem.
The local is changed to japanese, so it should work, but it.... doesn't.
It doesn't install. So, there's this box of gibberish, which, i suppose, was meant as jap, but when clicking the larger, bottom button, it shows up a loading box, but there's 0% (just nothing) for about a hour now.
Could anyone please, please post some help? 'Cause it SHOULD work, but even my dad, who's a pro in my eyes, doesn't know what happened.
Should i post a screenshot?

I'm sorry if this is the first problem.... But i just thought you guys would be the ones the best for asking help. Please, i cannot wait until i can play it!

EDIT: the screenshot

Last edited by aurr; 2010-07-11 at 12:59. Reason: uploaded the screenie
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 12:59   Link #4285
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurr View Post
First of all, i would want to thank Witch Hunt for giving us this EP. I waited more than half a year for this, and i cannot imagine how hard it was to translate it by that time.... So, thanks! From the bottom of my heart.

But!

I tried to install this, well, not me, but my dad since i don't know a thing with computers, and i got a problem.
The local is changed to japanese, so it should work, but it.... doesn't.
It doesn't install. So, there's this box of gibberish, which, i suppose, was meant as jap, but when clicking the larger, bottom button, it shows up a loading box, but there's 0% (just nothing) for about a hour now.
Could anyone please, please post some help? 'Cause it SHOULD work, but even my dad, who's a pro in my eyes, doesn't know what happened.
Should i post a screenshot?

I'm sorry if this is the first problem.... But i just thought you guys would be the ones the best for asking help.

EDIT: the screenshot
You need to run the patch installer, not the Japanese one. The patch is an exe file that will tell you when you need to insert your disk.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 13:00   Link #4286
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Have you installed the japanese language packs?
Old 2010-07-11, 13:02   Link #4287
Digdri
Uu~ Let's solve a riddle

As everybody before me a big thank for this fast translation and huge dedication to this project.

You rock!
Digdri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 13:13   Link #4288
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

Well, so i discussed with my father and so....
So, the thing is about the original game - before installing the patch, you need to install the game, right?
And it's the game that doesn't work. He thinks it should be obvious when looking at the screenshot....
I'm sorry if i couldn't help with explaining....
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 13:15   Link #4289
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurr View Post
Well, so i discussed with my father and so....
So, the thing is about the original game - before installing the patch, you need to install the game, right?
And it's the game that doesn't work.
I'm sorry if i couldn't help with explaining....
The installer exe of our patch does not need the japanese game being installed. You just need the game disc, as the patch installer will automatically use the disc and install both japanese and english game.

The installer free patch should be used only if you already have the game installed (or other issue, such like using Linux).
Old 2010-07-11, 13:20   Link #4290
zampalior
Spanish Inquisition

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Creator View Post
I seem to have an issue with the sound. Whenever a new sound is going to be played (no matter if it's a fx sound or the music playing in the background) some static can be heard.

I already checked other things to see if it was my computer but the only thing that seems to have this problem is umineko =S.

Help me please ;_;
I have the same problem, and for reference i'm using W7
Old 2010-07-11, 13:26   Link #4291
The Creator
Golden Emperor

I'm using win xp
The Creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 14:14   Link #4292
ShinseiTom

Quote:
Originally Posted by zampalior View Post
I have the same problem, and for reference i'm using W7
I'm also using Windows 7, x64, with no problems with audio that I know of.
The only thing I've noticed is odd full pauses where one doesn't seem warranted/intended, or where certain transitions seem to actually go too fast.
Anyway, I just finished reading it all and there were no outstanding errors that I saw. Only a couple of misspelled words. Can't remember where, but a wonderful release. Now to wait for Episode 7!
ShinseiTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 15:42   Link #4293
wiskas

I think i've found a minor bug -- in ep6 tips when try to execute the witch Erika, her sprite and icon disappears and onscripter prints
*** can't find file [bmp\r_click\text\cha\ep6_2\eri_2.png] ***
wiskas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 15:46   Link #4294
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

It's not a bug :3

oh but it shouldn't print that...

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 16:37   Link #4295
freezep0p

Having issues with installation... I tried using the Mac patch, but I keep getting stuck at the "insert disc" part. I'll insert it, and it shows up on my computer, but the installer doesn't continue.

And when I tried to use the manual patch, I'm getting stuck at the same part as aurr.

(Edit: When I used the manual patch, I used Crossover to run Windows. Also tried with my old-ish PC, no luck.)

Edit 2: Nevermind, got it working!

Last edited by freezep0p; 2010-07-11 at 17:19.
freezep0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 18:47   Link #4296
KnightHart
The Traveler of the Book

Uhh, am I the only one who got random stuck in some scenes when using auto mode?
Old 2010-07-11, 19:59   Link #4297
Witch of Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightHart View Post
Uhh, am I the only one who got random stuck in some scenes when using auto mode?
You can use Auto?
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 20:01   Link #4298
Pika_power

Press 'a'.
Pika_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 20:02   Link #4299
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

...I will never stop repeating it, but PLEASE read the "readme" file... it always contain things that people never expect to be in there.

Anyway, we are looking into the recent reported issues, don't worry.
Old 2010-07-11, 23:27   Link #4300
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this and I'll double check to see if someone else had this problem but whatever.

Anyways, I played nonstop and finally saved but now when I open my save, the screen goes white (the door 'opens') and the first letter of that screen appears before shutting the game down. I guess I can just play from my last save but it's sort of annoying so is there anything I can do to access that save?

EDIT: Okay. I am unable to play at all now. Whenever I load a save it either shuts down right away or allows me to fast forward for a bit, and then shuts down. It was working perfectly fine earlier so I don't know why this could be happening now.

EDIT2: oh and what is Edit mode? I keep entering it by accident and I never saw it in the other games so... yeah. I'm just curious.

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!

Last edited by Shadow Miko; 2010-07-11 at 23:55.
Shadow Miko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation