AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-04-14, 01:15   Link #7961
Animecentred

Hmmmm, did anyone else notice the twele keyhole sized gaps on the door to the gate? I think we will be seeing the other gold keys shortly.
Old 2012-04-14, 02:22   Link #7962
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Well, the scanlators finally gave us a reason why the new English translation is about twelve hours late. But by this point, does it really matter?
What is the reason?
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 02:35   Link #7963
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

AWESOME
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 02:46   Link #7964
sergel02

K so i loved this chapter. It kind of answers why they need Lucy. I can't wait to see what happens later and how the others feel. Though the whole new world thing sounds like the goal of the villains of the last arc, soooo i dunno. But happy to see Lucy as the focus.

And it was cools seeing Mira's new form.

LOVED that 3rd color page with Natsu in that red outfit and Lucy in that pink one.

Also, i heard that there won't be any new chapters for like a month, since Mashima needs some rest after pumping out these last 50 pages in 2 weeks and working on the movie.
Old 2012-04-14, 04:57   Link #7965
ShiroiRyu

A glasse girl look for Elfman ...

Hahaha...
Old 2012-04-14, 07:41   Link #7966
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Mirajane <3
Old 2012-04-14, 08:34   Link #7967
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Heh, the other members of the Raijinshu trolling Ever about her developing relationship with Elfman. I like those subtle digs.

Was the contest Ichiya was in, mentioned? Or totally skipped over?

I would have liked to actually see what Jenny's magic was, unless if was just transformation. The "fight" such as it was, wasn't as interesting to me, since I'm not one who goes for fanservice much anymore. I would have preferred an actual fight.

The characters are aware of how Lucy's match was interfered with, but I suppose they have no direct proof so that can't accuse RT of cheating. They seem to have an inkling that Lucy's abduction might not be the work of RT, though.

Speaking of which, it looks like we know why Lucy is being targeted... a stellar mage with all twelve gold keys is needed to open the gate? But Lucy has only 10. I gather the other 2 will make an appearance soon. This also gives me hope that we're in the home stretch, since after Lucy gets the last two keys, we'd have to be with a couple arcs of the end. Then again, this gate could require other keys, that just require a strong Celestial Mage to use.

And the Eclipse plan is a gate that allows one to become a god or demon? If they are working for Zeref, then this is by Zeref's decree? I wonder if Zeref has used the gate before.

Another thought hit me... it took 7 years to make the gate, which explains why Zeref hasn't done anything in that time. His plan was to have this gate made for some reason. But if it takes the life of a Celestial Mage... then we might know how Layla died. She might have opened the gate once before, and the dragons were involved somehow.

My gut has told me that some amount of time travel is involved somehow (Natsu going back to meet a young Zeref, which is how Zeref knows Natsu). And this gate might have some time travel aspect to it, which means we might see that happen.

Anyway, I'd like to extend my thanks to the translation/scanlation group. I understand it was late this time, but they do all this work for free anyway, that I'm grateful for their hard work and for what we get. So it's okay if it's late. I appreciate the effort that goes into all of this!
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 08:42   Link #7968
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Heh, the other members of the Raijinshu trolling Ever about her developing relationship with Elfman. I like those subtle digs.

Was the contest Ichiya was in, mentioned? Or totally skipped over?
I agree. In fact, i was so caught up in the last chapter of Elfman's fight i didn't even notice they had came back from the training @.@

I think they were referring to the previous Chariot Race Event where Ichiya represented Blue Pegasus to run. U know, the one where Bacchus dominated whilst Natsu, Gajeel & Sting were at last place dying due to motion sickness
Old 2012-04-14, 09:05   Link #7969
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
That's right. For some reason I forgot he was there, heh.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 10:13   Link #7970
kitten320

Mirajane's new transformation looks more scary! She sure knows how to change between cute and scary.

I really think that Charle should have told about her dream to everyone. Everyone knows that she has prediction power.

That was a weird competition though.
Old 2012-04-14, 10:29   Link #7971
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

two highlight in this chapter :

1. Ever's relation with Elfman is improving and going well... hahaha

2. Mirajane's strongest transformation is awesome... now I can see all of Fairy Tail's S Class will defeat their enemy easily (except Mystogan of course... hahaha)
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 11:07   Link #7972
haegar
mangaviking

bwahahahaha awesome fanservice AND badass Mira incoming
Old 2012-04-14, 12:36   Link #7973
Casshern

Quote:
My gut has told me that some amount of time travel is involved somehow (Natsu going back to meet a young Zeref, which is how Zeref knows Natsu). And this gate might have some time travel aspect to it, which means we might see that happen.
My own speculation is that Natsu was born in the same age as Zeref, along with the other dragon slayers. Then, around the time when he was 10 years old, he went into some sort of biological stasis for 400 years similar to fairy sphere. When Natsu says "I woke up and Dragneel was gone", I think he was asleep for 400 years without realizing it. A stasis condition like fairy sphere would explain why the dragon slayers are older than 80, even though they look like teenagers and age at the same rate as everyone else.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 13:17   Link #7974
Kafriel
Senior Guest

That must be some of the most blatant fanservice ever implemented in a battle I didn't expect FT to be aware of Raven Tail's mages and abilities, though I suppose they still lack evidence...as for the corrupt Magnolia DoD and tourney organizers, that gate could lead anywhere (but I'm strongly assuming it goes to the spirit world or another plane sealed by the spirits, which is why they would be needed to unlock it). Totally expecting Lucy to get kidnapped, brainwashed and using all her keys at once, but surviving nonetheless :P

Still no clue as to whether Zeref is somehow involved in all of this or not...what could he want, anyway?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 19:30   Link #7975
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

A bikini battle between Mirajane and Jenny?!

...I have not lived till today...

The greatest bikini battle evah! 'Man'shima has been wanting to draw this chapter for a while...XD

But again, Mirajane proves once again that she was once among the top of Fairy Tail alongside Laxus and Erza. Just because she's nice doesn't mean she'd pummel you into the ground. She IS Fairy Tail, after all.

...but did she have to pick something that reminded me of a genderswapped female Hades..!? The hair and the cape just....*falls over*

Anyway, that was definitely the highlight of the chapter. 2nd up goes to the obvious in-house shipping of Ever and Elfman. XD
Old 2012-04-15, 03:34   Link #7976
sergel02

Quote:
And the Eclipse plan is a gate that allows one to become a god or demon? If they are working for Zeref, then this is by Zeref's decree? I wonder if Zeref has used the gate before.

Another thought hit me... it took 7 years to make the gate, which explains why Zeref hasn't done anything in that time. His plan was to have this gate made for some reason. But if it takes the life of a Celestial Mage... then we might know how Layla died. She might have opened the gate once before, and the dragons were involved somehow.

Anyway, I'd like to extend my thanks to the translation/scanlation group. I understand it was late this time, but they do all this work for free anyway, that I'm grateful for their hard work and for what we get. So it's okay if it's late. I appreciate the effort that goes into all of this!
Well Grimoire Hearts was working with Zeref in mind, but not by his decree at all. I think he said at the end of his last arc he wanted to go back into hiding. I still don't think Zeref himself is a "bad guy" nor devious for that matter. Maybe the people who work under his name though.

You gave me an idea though. maybe Zeref went into hiding behind that gate, and they need Lucy to open it. He's super powerful so wouldn't be surprised. Would explain why no one has seen him in 7 years, but no one has found him dead. Though, i don't find that likely tbh.

I wouldn't be surprised if Layla had something to do with that gate thingy.

Also, who were the folks who got that magic boost from Ultear? I think it's
  1. Lucy
  2. Natsu
  3. Gray
  4. Erza
  5. Wendy
  6. Juvia
  7. Levy

Am i forgetting anyone? We've seen how big of a difference the magic boost made for Lucy. She's able to summon 2 spirits at a time now and cast Urano Metria, albeit she needs help from Gemini now. I'm sure we'll see that new power in Natsu, Gray, Erza, Wendy and maybe Juvia, but not so sure about Levy.

BTW no one answered my question, but is the manga going on a break for about a month?
Old 2012-04-15, 04:59   Link #7977
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
My own speculation is that Natsu was born in the same age as Zeref, along with the other dragon slayers. Then, around the time when he was 10 years old, he went into some sort of biological stasis for 400 years similar to fairy sphere. When Natsu says "I woke up and Dragneel was gone", I think he was asleep for 400 years without realizing it. A stasis condition like fairy sphere would explain why the dragon slayers are older than 80, even though they look like teenagers and age at the same rate as everyone else.
Holy. Shit.

This is the most believable and best speculation I've ever read. I mean seriously. U solved like... 3 main problems i had in mind about the whole Dragon Slayer thing in that 1 paragraph.

Especially your point about them being older than 80 < one thing that keeps screwing up my own speculation. It's probably just me, being extremely narrow minded and not being able to think out of the box as always but!! Its a really good and nice speculation you have there, just to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post

Also, who were the folks who got that magic boost from Ultear? I think it's
  1. Lucy
  2. Natsu
  3. Gray
  4. Erza
  5. Wendy
  6. Juvia
  7. Levy

Am i forgetting anyone?
Umm ... i thought only Lucy, Natsu, Gray, Erza & Wendy went through Ultear's Time-Arc Magic boost?

The rest went off to train by themselves in separate locations. And if you were implying that Ultear went to find them all, i don't think that does justice to those who trained hell just to say that Ultear helped them as she did for Team A.

I personally think Team B truly slugged it out :x
Old 2012-04-15, 09:33   Link #7978
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeir View Post
Umm ... i thought only Lucy, Natsu, Gray, Erza & Wendy went through Ultear's Time-Arc Magic boost?
Looks like someone needs to take a second look at the mass power boost recovery scene.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 09:47   Link #7979
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeir View Post

The rest went off to train by themselves in separate locations. And if you were implying that Ultear went to find them all, i don't think that does justice to those who trained hell just to say that Ultear helped them as she did for Team A.
Pretty sure Levy and Juvia got Ultear's power-up too.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 02:29   Link #7980
sergel02

Okay so here's the page

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy...5/c264/18.html

Natsu's power up was earlier and Erza's was off-screen, but there you can see Gray, Lucy, Wendy, Juvia and Levy all writhing in pain and embellished with markings
So far we've only seen the effects of the boost on Lucy. I'm excited to see what it's done for the other 6. Though i don't expect Erza changed much

Anyway, this arc seems to have a few possible subplots in it this time. We have what seems to be the main story of that gate and eclipse, but there seems to be one involving Raven Tail and another with Sabertooth. lol watch them all connect together in the end.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen