AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-20, 07:13   Link #4101
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsus View Post
Thanks for answering, by the way.
Use spoiler tags please -_-
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 08:21   Link #4102
Excelsus

Sorry? I thought most people knew this was an eroge?

Sex scenes shouldn't be very suprising.
Excelsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 10:30   Link #4103
Spamamdorf

Quote:

Spoiler for F/HA:
Spamamdorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 13:57   Link #4104
chaos_alfa

Quote:

I didn't actually read the total sentence, but it seemed like you where talking about something which happens in FH/A. I already know too much about what happens in FH/A, so I try to avoid spoilers and other F/HA related stuff.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 14:26   Link #4105
Excelsus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamamdorf View Post
Spoiler for F/HA:
Man, this series can be very confusing.

Spoiler for Fate/ Hollow Ataraxia:
Old 2013-03-20, 15:43   Link #4106
Spamamdorf

Quote:
Man, this series can be very confusing.

Spoiler for Fate/ Hollow Ataraxia:
Why does this matter so much? XD Heck if I know I haven't played it I just know some of the key events thanks to spoilers
Spamamdorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 16:11   Link #4107
Excelsus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamamdorf View Post
Why does this matter so much? XD Heck if I know I haven't played it I just know some of the key events thanks to spoilers
I just want to know everything. (OCD)

Spoiler for .:
Old 2013-03-23, 09:31   Link #4108
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Spoiler for Hollow:
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 01:22   Link #4109
Excelsus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
Spoiler for Hollow:
That's all I need
Thanks again!
Old 2013-03-28, 14:56   Link #4110
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

There is something that has been bothering me and I don’t know if you guys already discuss it but I need to ask.

In Fate/Stay Night and in the Fate series in general we are told the Holy Grail summons those who needs it or that all Servants that appear in the war have a wish, etc. I don’t remember the exact words but is say that most people do need the Grail for some reason. But when I think about it: how many Servants have really expressed any wish for the Grail? I mean this because I think the phrase “I am not really interested in the Holy Grail” can be apply to many Servants which are summon to fight for it, making me wonder how is possible that anyone could think that any of them have a wish. So my question is this: does it matter if the Servant has a wish for the Grail or not?
Old 2013-03-28, 15:17   Link #4111
GDB

I believe they all had a wish for the Grail, even if it was just that the Grail allow them to fight other heroic spirits in the war.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 18:46   Link #4112
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Yes but that is just like cheating. Besides what about beings like Berserker which I don’t think can spell “wish” right? What is their wish? I am just saying that the whole “everyone has a wish and they is why they fight” seems to be a giant lie when so many Masters and Servants keep saying they don’t want anything from the damn thing.
Old 2013-03-28, 19:06   Link #4113
DanielMors
Second Stake of Sloth

Being a Berserker has nothing to do with the original hero's sanity. Mad Enhancment is cast on the servant, the respective heroic spirit can be sane and therefore have a wish.
But I believe it is not about a concrete 'wish' but more about the hero having regrets; I think I remember reading something like this. So the 'wish' would be whatever is needed to clear those regrets.
I can think of Archer (only wants to fight Shirou) and Gilgamesh (wants to witness the battle over "his" grail) who stated that they have no wish. Who else do you have in mind? I know that we aren't given every participiant's reasons, but that doesn't mean that they have none.
DanielMors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 19:27   Link #4114
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Yes but that is a pity, particular when I consider Zero characters. I mean in Stay Night many are… shallow for lack of a better word (Talking about anime by the way) but in the prequel they really make them look interesting. Except for Assassin. Forget Lancer, is Assassin who gets the worse treatment. Not only his class is compose by “not-heroic spirits” but they are weaker and pretty much consider the worse kind of Servants ever.

I was thinking on, for example, Rider on Stay Night or Assassin in both Stay Night and Zero. Servants who didn’t even see interested in the whole Grail. I don’t believe they even mention it. And in the note of regrets that might work but what regrets Hercules had? I am not sure there.
Old 2013-03-29, 16:50   Link #4115
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Rider(FSN) - To not experience the same tragedy she had in life
Spoiler:

Herc - regret over the death of his family due to his insanity, its why he was so hardcore protective with Ilya.

All Assassins want to make their name associated as the one true Hassan. (Extra's and other spinoff Assassins excluded)

Basically they have desires or regrets unfufilled, not necessarily wishes.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 17:40   Link #4116
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I see, so all Servants have something lacking or they need to do something and that is why they can are summon. I mean beyond the ritual and all that. Well that sure explains a lot. Thanks for answering.

But on the Assassins, that is just about the ones like True Assassin and the Hundred-Faced Hassan, but what about Sasaki? He didn't had any wish.
Old 2013-03-29, 20:36   Link #4117
GDB

He wasn't a real Assassin. The qualifications to be in the Assassin class are to be one of the Hassans. Sasaki was an aberration.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 22:04   Link #4118
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

What about all the extra Assassins that were not Hassans? Also, even if he wasn't a true Assassin he was summon because of something. Or the Holy Grail just lets anyone in to fill the spot if he is running out of time?
Old 2013-03-29, 22:50   Link #4119
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Apocrypha assassin wanted a mother, strange fake wanted to become the best follower of the Hassashin religion thing, 5th grail war probably wanted to die a samurai's death. Most Samurai back in the day were piss poor after swords were outlawed, or something. One would assume he died by one of those temple gates without name or reknown even though he completed the legendary Tsubame Gaeshi.

5th grail war assassin is not known to be real nor is he confirmed an abstract ideal given form. However he is assumed to be an unnamed swordsman whose traits have achieved those of legendary proportions. Hence a regret where he is unknown though he's worked hard enough to be great.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 23:01   Link #4120
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Odd enough I see