AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-06-05, 17:46   Link #281
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post

The director Mizushima also makes a few comments about the direction the show is taking. Apparently the decision to set the show in 2307 AD is to force a sense of realism into the series and a stronger connection to our real world. Since it follows the same timeline as ours, the worldview and settings will be more similar to the real world than that of a standard Gundam series, which is a new direction they're aiming for. There also appears to be two major superpower factions in the world: The Union (America leading Japan, Canada and Australia) and People's Reform Federation (that's the closest I can translate 人革連, and it's comprised of China, Russia and India).
I wonder if the Federation is going to be painted in a darker light than the Union?

Though having the MS take out entire armies individually sounds kinda lame. Though if both the Federation and Union's armies comprise of technology similar to modern 21st century technology then I guess that's the case.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 00:02   Link #282
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhOsTeDgE View Post
Death to - Kira Lacus Athrun Cagalli? =Pjk
Anyways Gundam 00, no godmode this time pls. With Mizushima on the helm he shouldn't have a problem killing off characters if need be.
boo you for that

D-KLAC means da'(the) KLAC

besides that i'm a gs series fan originals.

but that first gundam reminds of launcher strike.

& if this a gs ripoff get ready for the riot!!!

& that still not much info yet to be shown until oct.

& one thing the gundams fabs are the judge, jury, & executionor will decide if gundam 00 is thumb up or thumb down.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 02:19   Link #283
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

KLAC: you just don't get it do you? Here we are discussing about a new Gundam series and you show up, as usual... sucking up to CE a**. We told you time and again that there is life beyond CE. I don't want to repeat myself gelven. You've been that same member time and again.

There's nothing wrong with people disliking CE, or anything SEED for that matter. You should know it better that you are flamebaiting everyone here. These guys aren't as soft as UC and SE are, believe me.

On topic:

On the subject of overpowered suits. There's a slight chance that the beginning skirmishes are like that of the cold war. Small countries fighting over land, Superpowers of each side giving aid to their respective allies. We could see "old" F-22s engage old "Sukhoi" in 3rd world countries, then the Gundams show up....
Old 2007-06-06, 04:32   Link #284
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

I love SEED and I really like Destiny, although it´s in the same way I like Diebuster, mostly thanks to a superbly written first season. But it´s, hmm, well interesting to see a CE-fan complaining about the Mecha in Gundam 00´s trailer being to similar to CE ones.

I don´t think there´s a need to point any fingers but some writers in here (not just the Gundam-section) do tend to decide whether it´s good or bad before it´s even started. And basing it on a 14 (?) seconds trailer, it´ll just make you look stupid. There´s not a single reason to do that. You´ll just end up wasting 20 minutes of your life each week that way. Cause we all know you´re going to watch it.

(Not counting in those who´re talking about character and mecha designs since that is a subject which you indeed are able to get a good/decent look at.)

Just sit back and enjoy the show instead. Or in this case a short trailer.

//
Just so you all know. Today is the national day of Sweden. So be nice to us Swedes today.

Ja må hon leva! Hurra, hurra, hurra!!

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 05:22   Link #285
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Oh dear, it's some fans like D - KLAC that makes me lose respect for the CE universe more and more...>.<;;

Back on topic...

Hopefully those teasers don't spell DOOM...

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 06:36   Link #286
brightman
Ancient Member

http://www.gundam00.us/

Possibly licensed by Bandai Visual's new USA division? It even has Bandai Visual's HONNEAMISE brand logo.

Last edited by brightman; 2007-06-06 at 08:35.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 06:44   Link #287
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Honestly, I have the feeling this is going to be stupid. I only hope it's going to be "rock on!" stupid, instead of "why am I watching this?" stupid.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 07:14   Link #288
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Honestly, I have the feeling this is going to be stupid. I only hope it's going to be "rock on!" stupid, instead of "why am I watching this?" stupid.
And I have a feeling you're wrong... Hopefully dead wrong and not stupid wrong.

Seriously though, care to elaborate on your "feeling"? So far this is looking much better than Seed ever looked, and the staff appears decent. Plus the fan reaction is significantly better than when Destiny was revealed 3 years ago (more like 2 years 11 months ago... When everyone was calling Shinn a Kira-clone and laughing at how poor Kunio's new Gundams looked so bad it would make Nina Purpleton puke)

Last edited by brightman; 2007-06-06 at 08:37.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 08:52   Link #289
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, I thought Seed was stupid too. (Of "rock on!" variety, but still stupid.)

Just because the radar doesn't work anymore, melee combat becomes relevant again? Missiles and beams that can be dodged? Shields that can take those missiles without a scratch? Oh, and mechs built with a completely unworkable OS? Or, well, just plain giant flying robots.

And now... well, it looks like it'll have all of those again. And a secret organisation that develops those fantastic, unrivaled-in-their-universe techs on its own to boot. I only hope we're spared Wing's Tweedledee & Tweedledum war where we never know in any given episode who's fighting for and against whom, or why.

And I understand that a lot of what I call "stupid" are key ingredients to mecha shows, and to our enjoyment of them. But I'm not going to gush at their realism, or at how intelligent it all is. A mecha show is stupid fun, not an educational program.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2007-06-06 at 17:23.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 09:00   Link #290
7Th
Mixtape

Seems like is indeed Wing 2007. Hope you're happy now duckroll!
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 13:39   Link #291
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Small update

Quote:
Sotsu, the original sponsor of the first Mobile Suit Gundam robotic mecha series, published a press release today with the names of the main character and staffers on this October's Mobile Suit Gundam 00 televsion series in Japan. The series will be the first Gundam television project in high-definition.

As previously announced, the story of the 12th Gundam animated series takes place 300 years from now in 2307 AD on Earth. The main lead, Setsuna F. Seiei, pilots a mobile suit named Gundam Exia for a mysterious private military organization (Solestal Being). He fights to eradicate the nonstop wars that plague the entire world.

The press release confirms that Fullmetal Alchemist's Seiji Mizushima will be directing Sunrise on the animation. Series script supervisor Yōsuke Kuroda (Honey and Clover, Hellsing video series) will oversee the writing. Loveless and Earthian manga creator Yun Kouga is designing the original characters, which Basilisk's Michinori Chiba will then adapt for animation.

Kunio Okawara will contribute to the mechanical designs as he has for almost every Gundam television series since the first one, and he is joined by Kanetake Ebikawa (Full Metal Panic!, Vandread) and Takayuki Yanase (Toward the Terra… television series, Zegapain). Hitoshi Fukuchi (Blue Gender, Double Fake: Under the Gundam manga) and Kenji Teraoka (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Great Dangaioh) will contribute conceptual mechanical designs, and Seiichi Nakatani (Planetes) will adapt the designs for animation.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 16:20   Link #292
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

I wouldn´t say I´m a big know-it-all of anime but to me it seems like they´re bringing in some heavy names for this show?

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 16:52   Link #293
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
I wouldn´t say I´m a big know-it-all of anime but to me it seems like they´re bringing in some heavy names for this show?
Yup... In fact this is probably the first Gundam show where all of the major names are prominent freelancers rather than Sunrise regulars.
Old 2007-06-06, 17:10   Link #294
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinyblade View Post
A tad late in responding to this post, but I'll answer anyways. You're probably missing SD Gundam Force, the 52-episode series.
Thank you.

Anyways, I hope they stick with the same mobile suit throughout the entire series, but that probably won't happen. And does anyone think they could combine?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 17:45   Link #295
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

I will watch this b'coz:

The director of Gundam 00 is also the director of Fullmetal Alchemist and he's better than Fukuda either.

D-KLAC: Aw come on! Stop being biased on GS. Watch other Gundam series as well.
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 18:00   Link #296
SuperAsuradaGundam

Send a message via AIM to SuperAsuradaGundam
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
http://www.gundam00.us/

Possibly licensed by Bandai Visual's new USA division? It even has Bandai Visual's HONNEAMISE brand logo.
I hope that is not true because after their recent announcement of releases, I would rather see Bandai Entertainment handle it instead...or Funimation, ADV, Geneon,...well....you get the picture.
SuperAsuradaGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 18:08   Link #297
dagr81
The legendary dragoon

there is a pic of the new gundam in the model section if you have not seen it
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 01:00   Link #298
aperd1

Thumbs up Gundam 00

I had viewed the Gundam Double Zero trailer. My it was very eye-poping with new characters and mecha.

I had seen Gundam Seed, Destiny and also Stargazer hoping this will be more action packed and full of thrill.

If you have not seen the preview you may see it at this url Gundam 00, You may want to check out the official site but it will take very long time to load the preview as the above site will immediatelly cast the preview.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2007-06-07 at 02:13. Reason: Threads Merged.
aperd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 02:11   Link #299
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
uuhm not to spoil your fun but there is already a topic about the new gundam series in the Gundam forum of A-Suki ^^
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 02:59   Link #300
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
It's strange. Someone has already said that all we've seen so far is a promo trailer, yet some of us are already judging the series. Then there's others who seem to have some sort of problem with mecha. Honestly, if you can't tolerate such things, why bother watching it? Entertainment is entertainment. So let's wait and see how this series turns out.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers