AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-01-29, 04:48   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Character Discussion - Aiko

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Aiko related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all true tears fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode talk, there are already threads serving that purpose.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.

• Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 08:42   Link #2
Kaiji

Spoiler for Confession Time?:

Hmm maybe this is just wishful thinking?
Kaiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 09:11   Link #3
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiji View Post

Im sure its coming as she mention its getting harder to hold her feelings back. Im sure we will see it sooner rather than later. I like Aiko i just dont have to much hope for her to win out in the end. Not to mention if she is going to confess she cant do it while she is still Nobose's girlfriend. Which means she would have to break up with him which could cause all types of issues with Shin's and Nobuse's friendship. This situation is bad one and when it happens among close friends its even worse. Something like this has the potential to destroy a friendship for good. But first like Gothin stated we need a episode to find how things turned out this way. Because right now she Ai doesnt even treat Nobose as a boyfriend its almost like shes obligated to date him.
Old 2008-01-29, 09:13   Link #4
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ Kanji ~ Why the spoiler?... Wouldn't confessing now be bad? That would give the other girls the edge. But yeah I think something might happen, not next time, but 1-2 episodes further down the road. Hopefully it doesn't... * hehe
Old 2008-01-29, 09:31   Link #5
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

i think the confession moment will appear in about episode 7-10. in most 13 episode animes, that's where the real drama starts. with episodes 11 and 12 focusing on the climax and conclusion itself.
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 09:34   Link #6
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Eventually she will confess but not right now, I think it's too early and besides she needs to come up with a solution with her Nobuse problem.She did give Nobuse false hopes by taking his hand ( did you see his expression when she did?...lawlz) so that needs to be resolved before any confession to shin is given. Sadly by the time she does confess it will to late which is a shame since she is my fav character next to Noe.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 09:56   Link #7
Kaiji

Yeah, Aiko is def sending mixed signals to Nobuse....not cool. If she's serious about getting with Shin she needs to stop leading on his best friend!!
Old 2008-01-29, 11:23   Link #8
golthin

Quote:

nah! she won't confess yet, but she will do something else that will start to create a rift between her and nobuse!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 15:30   Link #9
nanaman
Musician guy

I wouldn't think it's impossible for her to confess while still being Nobuse's girlfriend. I can think of these three scenarios

1. Aiko is acting weird towards Nobuse when he's doing his advances onto her, obviously as she'll probably reject his advances at some point. He'll ask her and then, being the honest girl she seems to be, she will tell what her real feelings are and Nobuse will get heartbroken/pissed and probably dumped. It's possible that Shin will be in the vicinity for increased drama.

2. Aiko having a chat with Shin again, and the topic about him hooking her up with Nobuse will come up. She'll get mad at him for doing that because of it was never her real intention, he had probably misunderstood her in some way. She'll blurt out that she loves him, or run away crying not exactly telling him everything but hinting him at it and so on. Possible for Nobuse to be in the vicinity resulting in the obligatory increased drama

3. The actual scenario where she would dump him not even telling why, running away from the scene or something, but this is a scenario I have a hard time picturing, as I don't think she is a girl who'd do such a thing. It serves no purpose in the case she haven't gotten any progress with Shin or at least given him an idea, and as she probably doesn't want to hurt Nobuses feelings. If she can't even get Shin at that point it's probably uneccessary. But who knows, something like this just might happen even though I find it highly unlikely.

Well, the possible outcomes are endless, these are some of those that I think would be most likely to happen.
nanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 17:05   Link #10
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ nanaman ~ The classic scenario ehh. It's ok in theory, but there are these pot holes in the road to attend to should it comes to pass. That's to say 1) 2) and 3) can't come to true without the mandatory in-between filler sequences where as usual the characters stay closed in their rooms sob and mumble someones name every 5 minutes. I hate those...

There's also Noe, with that span of time her not doing anything is compared to the earth not spinning around it's axis.
Remember she's volatile. If she sees Shin sad, she's likely flip the table. * hehe She did it once already, didn't she.

So many possibilities, yet so many of them seem impossibilities given the current context.
Old 2008-01-29, 17:42   Link #11
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I've completely lost track at the amount of times i've said when this should happen.

What's stopping her is the fact that she doesn't see Shin as a free man, reasons why she is letting Nobuse think what he wants. What i'm most looking forward to is Shin's reaction to when she actually does confess.

Mmm, drama.
Old 2008-01-29, 18:01   Link #12
Muyasuki

Right now, the only real way that I can see her ending up with Shin is if Nobuse breaks up with her(not the other way around). This way the relationship between the three of them wouldn't become damaged beyond repair.
Muyasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 18:09   Link #13
nanaman
Musician guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
@ nanaman ~ The classic scenario ehh. It's ok in theory, but there are these pot holes in the road to attend to should it comes to pass. That's to say 1) 2) and 3) can't come to true without the mandatory in-between filler sequences where as usual the characters stay closed in their rooms sob and mumble someones name every 5 minutes. I hate those...

There's also Noe, with that span of time her not doing anything is compared to the earth not spinning around it's axis.
Remember she's volatile. If she sees Shin sad, she's likely flip the table. * hehe She did it once already, didn't she.

So many possibilities, yet so many of them seem impossibilities given the current context.
Well, even though there are so called pot holes in the road as of now I just can't see nothing happening. Something regarding this matter must and will happen, cause it's just so very obvious from the way Aiko feels about him. It is the main topic going around her so something is bound to happen. Of course, these scenarios may not come true, but if you look at the cliché way of outcomes it's highly probable. But yeah, as the show seems like it could turn into any direction at any minute I could see practically anything happen.
nanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 18:17   Link #14
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyasuki View Post
Right now, the only real way that I can see her ending up with Shin is if Nobuse breaks up with her(not the other way around). This way the relationship between the three of them wouldn't become damaged beyond repair.
this reminds me of another show that stars With K . It is always better that the person that is not being reciprocated in the love department, to be the one that breaks it up. So yes Nobuse breaking it up will be ideal, but it is not in his nature! He is not the type of guy that will do the sacrifice, of course the writers could prove me wrong which really will make me look Nobuse in a different way.

The break up can't happen until we find how the hell this freaking charade was started.
Old 2008-01-29, 18:21   Link #15
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
What's stopping her is the fact that she doesn't see Shin as a free man, reasons why she is letting Nobuse think what he wants. What i'm most looking forward to is Shin's reaction to when she actually does confess.
She no longer thinks that Shinichiro is a free man. Now that she knows her best friend isn't in love with him, the only think standing in her way is that Shinichiro would never steal his best friend's girl. Ooopsie, that is a bit of a problem.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 18:31   Link #16
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
She no longer thinks that Shinichiro is a free man. Now that she knows her best friend isn't in love with him, the only think standing in her way is that Shinichiro would never steal his best friend's girl. Ooopsie, that is a bit of a problem.
I'm hoping that for one moment in her life, she'll throw everything she originally thought away, and just confess.

Night time setting, moon in the background. It would be perfect.
Old 2008-01-29, 19:01   Link #17
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Has any anime character ever done that before apocalyptic suffering was visited upon them?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 19:09   Link #18
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Unless she clears up the problem with Nobuse still being deluded, she isn't going anywhere with shin. Or she can go somewhere but Nobuse isn't going to sit back and chill with it, he will give shin a smack in the face

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 20:01   Link #19
Kaiji

I just think that Aiko's feelings for Shin are too strong to contain them much longer...I'm sure the writers are going to drag the conflict out a while longer though.
Old 2008-01-29, 20:05   Link #20
golthin

Quote:
I just think that Aiko's feelings for Shin are too strong to contain them much longer...I'm sure the writers are going to drag the conflict out a while longer though.
they better hurry up! I am going to be mad if they don't show how this charade between Aiko and Nobusa happened. I really don't care if eventually Aiko falls for nobuse. Just explain how the hell she got trapped! I am obsessed with this. The writers better come with a good plot. If by episode 13 they don't explain how it happened, I will explode! even if Aiko somehow end with Shin, I will still explode if they don't show how it happened!