AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-09-21, 22:21   Link #21
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
I'm curious as to how this works out for the cities that don't have sales tax at all. Of all the taxes available, my city doesn't have a sales tax. Of course, that was a city decision, not a state or federal one.

This is why I can go to some states, flash my state ID (as long as it's not purchasing food) and pay no sales tax.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 02:05   Link #22
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
I'm curious as to how this works out for the cities that don't have sales tax at all. Of all the taxes available, my city doesn't have a sales tax. Of course, that was a city decision, not a state or federal one.

This is why I can go to some states, flash my state ID (as long as it's not purchasing food) and pay no sales tax.
If I am correct, Alaska is one of the few state that don't have sales taxes.

Oregon too, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 03:02   Link #23
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
If I am correct, Alaska is one of the few state that don't have sales taxes.

Oregon too, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire.
Actually, my city is the only place in Alaska that don't have sales tax. BUT that doesn't stop the other people in Alaska from flashing their ID in other states and not pay sales tax.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 13:47   Link #24
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Ummm... doesn't income tax scale with your income? i.e, the higher your income the more you have to pay?

I think US would do better in the long term by providing more incentive to bring back all the big companies into the country. Devalueing the green back might be a good idea to encourage people to shop for local products instead of imported stuff and boost export.