AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-12, 17:10   Link #101
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Man the flashback episodes seem to be soo good for this series.
Late to the party on episode nine, but I think so too. This series blends genuine character exploration and silly humor extremely well. I think Yuzu is an amazing character too. She's strong-willed, and kind and caring in a very believable way. Horie Yui does a great job bringing those qualities out here, as usual.

I was very moved by this episode, it got unexpectedly emotional.
Old 2011-09-12, 17:39   Link #102
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I agree, this show can shift from very silly to emotionally serious as well as any current series. As for Horie Yui, she may be my favorite seiyuu of all time. It's hard to recall a performance where she hasn't given something extra that isn't on the page.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 19:29   Link #103
Midonin
Last Engage

Mayu-iro Sakuha 10 - Rats!

You know, if you combined the first half of the title of this arc with the second half of the title for episode five...

But that's not here. Here is a pretty interesting episode, the first one to bring the side cast (and some entirely new characters) into a more "serious" story. As serious as it can be anyway. Shamo's basically become the star of her own side series by this point, and Amane was quite the multifaceted character herself. Loyalty to both her job and her elders, even when those points intersect in unpleasant ways. Now with a rat invasion underway, I look forward to seeing what the team can do. They are gods, after all. And since they're memory-eating rats, there's some potential for an amnesia-related storyline in there, though I suspect such a thing might not actually happen.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 03:04   Link #104
Dawnstorm

Memory-stealing rats, huh? Memory has been quite the theme so far (most notably in the dream-eater episode, but in many others, too), and Mayu's god-power is to find lost things... It's been prepared for quite some time, but covered up with silly antics for distraction. Actually, I think there may be more to these silly antics than narrative distraction. It may just be a way of life.

I'm surprisingly fond of this show.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 04:04   Link #105
Echoes

Episode ten.

That was different. Some progression on the side of the heavenly realm from which Mayu hails for once. With the ominous ending of the episode, it looks like we're in for a real story arc here. I like it.

I'm sure it has been said before, but it bears repeating; Mayu's voice-acting is just great. It is especially hilarious/awesome when she's being sarcastic and/or feeling guilty about something.
Old 2011-09-14, 22:49   Link #106
FateAnomaly

Tsukuyomi probably just wanted Mayu to perform for a festival or something.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 19:26   Link #107
Midonin
Last Engage

Mayu the General 11 - Arrested Developments

Looks like the rat problem resolved itself pretty easily. That whole sequence with Mayu and Amane was a lot of fun to watch. Mayu's a pretty nice character. She's sarcastic and lazy, but she is congenial, and her skill at old Sega consoles is appreciated among kids and nerds alike. That the store was run by side characters actually called "Granny A" and "Granny B" was worth a chuckle too. Camilla would appreciate Mayu's skill at regifting.

As for the second half of the episode, things are, in a way, coming full circle. Mayu's mom was the catalyst of these events, and she'll be the catalyst of the final events. The height (and probably age) difference between Mayu and Tsukuyomi is so big that it comes across as kinda creepy. There's gotta be some way to call it off.

As for Gonta, he appears to have come down with Akarin's Syndrome.
Old 2011-09-20, 09:05   Link #108
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

I read part of the manga and the arc is not that short. A few new characters from the arc have yet to be introduced. Not sure if they are going for a quick end her and leaving the rest of it to season continuations if any.

Mayu doing the exchanging straw story was amusing as was Mayu actually getting wished on for 500 yen
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 17:07   Link #109
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Haven't read the source material (well, not that far into it anyway), and I have to wonder about what Kourin... I mean, Tsukuyomi really wants with Mayu. The omiai seems just like a convenient excuse for the two to get together and talk about whatever Rinnosuke, I mean, Tsukuyomi wants.
Old 2011-09-20, 17:26   Link #110
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That was another great ep, especially "A-ba and B-ba" and the surreal dinner with Yuzu and Gonta. But it's kind of a gyp that he never finished the story about the man in the transparent suit...
Old 2011-09-20, 18:30   Link #111
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Amane and Mayu was definitely the highlight of the past two episodes ; though by how Yuzu was at the dinner it's clear she missed Mayu already ; I hope Mayu manages to avoid this marriage she can't give up her harem childhood fiancee .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 19:28   Link #112
Midonin
Last Engage

The Great Adventure to Save Mayu 12 - The Circle of Misunderstanding

Neither wind nor rain nor Akarin's Syndrome shall stop the merry three from going to save Mayu! That was a pretty nice final episode. The theme of misunderstandings and memories was interesting. Apparently the Gods are quite the sticklers for things being said in front of them. But this is why people like Meiko and Mayu exist - to provide a nice foil against all that. The appearance of everyone short of the Boss was a nice touch. For a 12 episode series, it had a fairly large cast. The moment when Amane helped out was great. Acting all tsundere even though she nearly impaled someone with a claw. Overall, it was a sweet little show, with a nice blend of funny and serious, and held to its themes fairly well. Could probably do with a little bit more of a push, but it's gained some recognition.

Looks like this season is just about wrapped up.

Last edited by Midonin; 2011-09-26 at 22:56.
Old 2011-09-26, 22:55   Link #113
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

This ended delightfully. It seems like it'd be great family fare. A shame it seemed to fly under most people's radar.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 00:20   Link #114
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Another show with a happy ending.

And another show deserving of a 2nd season!

This was the most enjoyable show for me for this season.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 15:45   Link #115
Dop
Mmmm....

Well, that was the end of a thoroughly pleasant, enjoyable, but somewhat underrated show, although I was wondering if the 'haunted dish' may have more of a role to play.

While they obviously left things open for a second series, sadly I'm not expecting that to happen. Which would be a shame, as it was a good fun show and I'm always up for a good fun show.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 15:57   Link #116
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I started watching for the ridiculously legendary cast, and stayed for the love. A great, under-the-radar series. It could be hilarious, but also quite heartfelt and even sad. I very much doubt we'd ever see a second season, but I was happy to have the one.
Old 2011-09-27, 16:15   Link #117
Sides

I like this show. But it doesn't really stick out, you have couple of running gags and likeable characters, and that is basically it. Yes, even-though i hate real cats, I like Mayu, at least she not as annoying as real cats.
If there is going to be second series, I hope stories will be a bit more interesting.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 16:24   Link #118
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Not a bad ending for the show, though poor Sasana and Meiko even after their efforts for Mayu, the subtext feeling between Mayu and Yuzu makes me feel like they have no chance unless Mayu wants a harem . Also I loved both of their reactions to Mayu with long hair .

Overall the series was good on whole and excellent during flashback episodes, I'd give it a solid 7.5/10, the length of this thread speaks volumes about how of an unrated of a series this .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 22:13   Link #119
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Not to bad but the ending just seemed out of place of this anime like it would of been better if there was a 13th episode

6/10 Like so many catgirls anime there mite not be anther season
Old 2011-09-29, 15:29   Link #120
Ushio the Omega

Bombed, did not even sell a 1000 copies to rank

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthrea...60#post1958960
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen, supernatural