Notices

Old 2007-01-12, 22:53   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Piano no Mori - The Perfect World of Kai

Production Company: Madhouse

Genre: Comedy, Slice of Life

Expected Release Date: July 2007

This is a movie based on the manga by Isshiki Makoto which is serialized in Young Magazine Uppers. The director for the series is Kojima Masayuki who also directed the TV series, Monster. Shinohara Keisuke, a fairly new name, will be in charge of the music. The synopsis in the following is from the manga counterpart, courtesy of ANN:
Amamiya Shu transfers to Moriwaki elementary filled with hope and ambition. But it doesn't take long before he gets picked on by the class bullies, and gets involved in a dare to play the mysterious piano in the forest. Igniting his meeting with an equally enigmatic child that goes by the name of Ichinose Kai, who seems to be the only one capable getting sound out of the thought to be broken piano.
Will update info on the cast when it is known. I'm looking forward to it by the virtue of it's being Madhouse production.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 07:56   Link #2
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
This is a movie based on the manga by Isshiki Makoto which is serialized in Young Magazine Uppers.
Ahh, it started in the seinen magazine Young Magazine Uppers and continued in the seinen magazine Morning.

The covers of the manga can be seen in this post (and the answer to the question I asked in that post, is answered in this post >.< ).
Old 2007-05-24, 21:13   Link #3
Yaoi_Pocky
mentionitis ouendanica

Hmm... is anybody home?

The official Web page has been updated, with more introduction, story and miscellaneous details. Cannot provide a translation right now because I'm too bloody exhausted.

Most notably, the main cast has been announced - with many of the principals being actors in mainstream Japanese entertainment. (I've linked to English Wikipedia articles where available, and listed their names in Western order if their names are commonly known in that order):

Ichinose Kai (一ノ瀬 海): Aya Ueto (上戸彩)
Amemiya Shuuhei (雨宮 修平): Kamiki Ryunosuke (神木隆之介)
Ajino Sousuke (阿字野 壮介): Miyasako Hiroyuki (宮迫博之)
Maruyama Takako (丸山 誉子): Fukuda Mayuko (福田麻由子)
Ichinose Reiko (一ノ瀬 怜子): Ikewaki Chizuru (池脇千鶴)
Yaoi_Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 11:46   Link #4
wao
OK.

That's interesting. I suppose this means they are angling it more for a mainstream audience? Or perhaps this is just standard for anime movies since movies generally get more reach than mere TV shows so they might as well use something people recognize.

Interesting... The production looks like usual Madhouse movie quality, but I'm strongly suspecting the animation models might be by the guy who did the Monster ones (the director's the same, IIRC?) It's very interesting how the characters are not coloured with many shadows - very similar to Hosoda films in that aspect I guess.

Anyway, from what I read it sounds like something I'd like to watch. I'm interested in a story about regaining your passion for something...

Okay, wait, I just watched the trailer, and the guy who did the Monster animation models (Shigeru Fujita) is doing it for this too - I kind of admit I almost mistook someone for Tenma in one shot >_>

Thanks for the update!
Old 2007-05-25, 11:57   Link #5
barbapapa
chochopolice

Here's a direct link from me for the trailer: Click

Looks very pretty imo; the characters look pretty different from how they are in the manga. But not bad at all
Kojima is not a stranger to Makoto Isshiki's stuff btw; since he also directed Hanada Shounen-shi.
Old 2007-05-25, 13:27   Link #6
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

For the Windows users, look here.
Old 2007-06-19, 13:48   Link #7
yura`

This seems interesting. Anything to do with music never fails to draw me! The plot is intriguing... but I would think the chances of this movie being subbed is pretty low...
yura` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 18:35   Link #8
lommm
l'homme de lommm

this looks really good, but i'm bummed that it won't be a series. i thought it would end up being a 13 episode series. oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
I'm strongly suspecting the animation models might be by the guy who did the Monster ones (the director's the same, IIRC?)
Okay, wait, I just watched the trailer, and the guy who did the Monster animation models (Shigeru Fujita) is doing it for this too - I kind of admit I almost mistook someone for Tenma in one shot >_>
yeah, about halfway through that tralier, it looked like a close-up of Tenma's right eye as he started to cry. it even sounded kind of like Tenma even though it's a different actor.
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 20:14   Link #9
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

OMG raw is out. Can't wait for a sub. Any idea why there are 2 dvd's. The file is 9300mb O_O
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 10:47   Link #10
barbapapa
chochopolice

I saw the raw too, but man... almost 9 gigorbytes! oy vey

anyone know if someone's planning to sub? :<
Old 2007-12-26, 11:03   Link #11
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

And that's packed too. God knows how large it'll be when you unpack it. I only have 15gb left on hdd. Hope that's enough.
Someone needs to do an avi release or something or a rip that's under 2gb.

Edit: Seems like it's a direct iso rip. It has the menu's and everything. Picture quality isn't that good though for some reason.

Last edited by Haohmaru; 2007-12-27 at 13:08.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 15:06   Link #12
gianna
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by yura` View Post
This seems interesting. Anything to do with music never fails to draw me! The plot is intriguing... but I would think the chances of this movie being subbed is pretty low...
It will be shown subbed at the Kennedy Center on the 17th

http://www.kennedy-center.org/calend...nt&event=XIJFR
gianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 15:47   Link #13
orion

Somehow I don't think that was what yura` meant.

Maybe a nice group will take this one up.
Old 2008-01-25, 17:35   Link #14
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Wait a second... if this show is being premiered in the US, does that mean it has been licensed already? *reads previous posts* I don't think anyone has mentioned anything about licensing. As far as I know, those two other shows that are being premiered in the Kennedy Center are licensed already.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 17:48   Link #15
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Isn't listed on AoD or ANN as licensed (yet). Odd that it would be premiered with English subs while not officially licensed, though.
Old 2008-01-25, 20:20   Link #16
Yakhobian
とは
*Fansubber

Well, didn't Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo also air in some places with English subtitles before it was officially licensed?
Old 2008-01-25, 22:26   Link #17
gianna
gigi

I understood what yura' meant--
Just mentioning the good news
gianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 02:44   Link #18
Scab
Saizen
*Fansubber

It's not that uncommong for film festivals and the likes to show unlicensed properties. It's arguably an indicator that they will get licensed, though. Like Yakhobian said, Tokikake went this route.
Scab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 10:50   Link #19
yura`

Lol. Well thanks for the info anyway. Like what you guys mentioned, probably a good sign that it'll be licensed.. In that case, if it does happen, I'd buy the DVD then. ^^
yura` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 22:20   Link #20
orion

Well Madhouse does have an office in R1. That may help with the movie premieres.

Comedy, slice of life, not Disney or Pixar..... Maybe some nice group will sub this one.