AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2017-11-01, 23:16   Link #621
IceHism

Does it matter if nowi is slow if she will be oneshotting most of the game in 1 hit anyways.
If she is +atk, she will have 49 attack without buffs and 79 with hone/fortify
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-02, 06:01   Link #622
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
hone/fortify
Two skills locked to other 5-star exclusive units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Tharja has "only" 34 speed with a neutral nature. She isn't really a special snowflake, considering darting blow is quite easy to get.

If you think Tharja is a proper speed measurment, just use darting blow on Nowi then, but that 2 speed difference isn't that big when you consider the rest of her stats and her flyier status.
Could have swore she was higher. Maybe I had just given her a pass because, as a 4-star unit, she's both easier to acquire and easier to acquire a good nature for.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-03, 23:12   Link #623
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Fortify fliers are unlocked at 4* via Caeda, no? It's Hone Fliers that's hard to get, and unfortunately, HNowi can't affect herself so that leaves Hinoka. Though HNowi can be the facilitator if you already have the other two flying mages and no Hinoka, I guess.

I personally am a bit tempted by HNowi, as having a specially built red mage who can ORKO Bike from a distance is interesting (my Caeda is anti-armor, while +10 Bike can usually survive TA +0 Palla with the same IVs, and Elincia eludes me :'(). Still, 32 SPD at neutral IS meh unless you luck out on getting +SPD, and I dunno if I want to get pulled in the 'I want to have the best IV' game as that one cost me $1.5k with Celica lol.

And wow, another Linde/Amelia as my first summoning set for short haired girls. I actually like the 2nd Amelia since I can give it to my Sheena, which I'll be working on next since I just maxed my Effie. Didn't make to top 1k AA once when RNG always gave me the low end, so I need to build another armor unit to stay there. XD

Nothing on the gents, but it's ok. I actually want Ryoma, but not enough to whale for him.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-04, 09:28   Link #624
GDB

You're right, I was confusing Fortify Fliers with Ward Fliers, which is exclusive to Minerva.

As for short haired girls... my pity rate got broken by my third Takumi. I think that's made me decide to not roll anymore period (outside of the free roll) just for the sake of making a minor team that I rarely use outside of monthly missions (Fliers, Armor). Let's see how long that dedication can last...
Old 2017-11-04, 19:41   Link #625
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

It's quite unlucky to get 5 colorless orbs.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-05, 16:40   Link #626
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
It's quite unlucky to get 5 colorless orbs.
Ah, it depends on what you're trying to draw (i.e. those limited edition "seasonal" outfits, which usually would have one colorless).
Old 2017-11-06, 00:57   Link #627
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I was referring to GDB's Takumi on a banner with no colorless focus units.
Old 2017-11-06, 06:34   Link #628
GDB

It was actually 2 colorless and 3 red, and I was aiming for either Hinoka or Amelia. Figured taking colorless would let me get out of that session with lower worry of breaking my pity rate.

I figured wrong.
Old 2017-11-06, 15:41   Link #629
Galaxian

Got my FOURTH 5 star Nowi.... Thankfully, this one was ToD Nowi.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-14, 23:39   Link #630
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Oh ho ho, big updates coming really soon from new characters, new story, enhancing weapons, to stave users finally being useful besides healing:

Old 2017-11-14, 23:50   Link #631
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

It's almost amusing that despite showing so much "new" stuff, there is no new content. So what, still more of the voting crap and that thing you repeat for an entire two weeks? That's all? Other than that, still just doing the colloseum's Calvary Hell and raising units... against Calvary Hell?

PS: You take a popular character, Lute, and you give her boring stats, a bad illustrator, and an unfitting voice (the JP one anyways).
*facepalm*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 01:46   Link #632
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It's almost amusing that despite showing so much "new" stuff, there is no new content. So what, still more of the voting crap and that thing you repeat for an entire two weeks? That's all? Other than that, still just doing the colloseum's Calvary Hell and raising units... against Calvary Hell?

PS: You take a popular character, Lute, and you give her boring stats, a bad illustrator, and an unfitting voice (the JP one anyways).
*facepalm*
Uh, did you notice the new maps? Or the BHB rerun for the ones that didn't do it the first time?

ALso, Lute got both Speed Ploy AND Res Ploy on her own. Her stats being boring is a small trade off.
Old 2017-11-15, 02:50   Link #633
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

There will always be that one guy who straight up ignores all the good stuff and goes to find that one minor thing they don't like.
Old 2017-11-15, 03:14   Link #634
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Uh, did you notice the new maps? Or the BHB rerun for the ones that didn't do it the first time?

ALso, Lute got both Speed Ploy AND Res Ploy on her own. Her stats being boring is a small trade off.
First, I don't know what BHB stands for. (I only play in the JP language). And I think you just said it yourself, "rerun". You must realize that my post had the word "new" in it.

Two, you realize I am talking about a new event, right? "Oh, we added a new character and a map" isn't new content. That's what we've always been getting.

Raise units
Do Colosseum
Voting Gauntlet
That other thing where you repeat the same thing for two weeks
Story (yeah, that actually existed, even if the story isn't existent)

This is what we had before. People have been asking for something else, come up with a new idea, which is something that was not in this.
Oh, but lol, to people who hate the game, new content is minor and getting an upgrade on what we had is major.

Do tell me what is new. Up until now, you never raised your units? Never did the Colosseum? Never completed the Story to never touch it again?

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2017-11-15 at 04:49. Reason: People who like the game actually would care about its content
Old 2017-11-15, 06:03   Link #635
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

BHB is bound hero battle. The last one was Liliana&Cecilia if I remember right.
v
This is the first time you specified 'content' as 'new game mode' and the very specific differentiation between what you think is minor or major as if that weren't subjective. It is highly ironic that you accuse others of not caring and hating the game yet the one who complains by far the most is you. This may not apply to your 'definition' but we get new story chapters (with lower stamina costs) with new characters on both sides, buffs to the neglected staff users and the weapon refinery. They're all new content whether you like it or not. Alongside of some generally nice things like free barracks expansion.

They didn't introduce new game modes but that doesn't mean that this update is bad in any way.
Old 2017-11-15, 07:14   Link #636
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
First, I don't know what BHB stands for. (I only play in the JP language). And I think you just said it yourself, "rerun". You must realize that my post had the word "new" in it.
Rerun is old for the one that didn't finish it, but still new for the ones that didn't.

Did you finish all three level?

Quote:
Two, you realize I am talking about a new event, right? "Oh, we added a new character and a map" isn't new content. That's what we've always been getting.

Raise units
Do Colosseum
Voting Gauntlet
That other thing where you repeat the same thing for two weeks
Story (yeah, that actually existed, even if the story isn't existent)

This is what we had before. People have been asking for something else, come up with a new idea, which is something that was not in this.
Oh, but lol, to people who hate the game, new content is minor and getting an upgrade on what we had is major.

Do tell me what is new. Up until now, you never raised your units? Never did the Colosseum? Never completed the Story to never touch it again?
... ... ... ... ...

Seriously?

First, off you do realize that 1) Christmas event is definitely coming up?

2) After that it's New Year event.

This? This is the rest period. THe period where people gather orbs, prepares their team for the next challenges. If you can't even see that, then you're probably new at this sort of game.

Next, so you're telling me that you finished ALL the Chain Challenge Quest? ALL the Squad Assault Challenge? And I mean on Infernal and Lunatic. \

Well, if you do, congrats. Seems like you're great. Others, however, might not have had the time or the team to do so, so now with the rest period, they can do it.

"People have been asking for something else, come up with a new idea, which is something that was not in this."

Yeah, no. Don't know where you're coming from, but for the players that I've seen, both on reddit and SB? Their concern lies more in the characters. THey want to see their favorite FIre Emblem represented in here. They want to see representatives from not just Hoshido, Nohr or Ylisse, they want to see heroes from Arcanea, Juggdral, Elibe, Magvel, Tellius and the Echoes continent (though they probably have a lot already)

Plus, Hello? Weapon forging? First with Sacred Seal Forge, now with Weapon Smithing? THere's an entire new meta sandbox to play round now. And there's going to be more grinding/farming for materials.

Seriously, experimenting in FEH has always been a thing ever since Skill Inheritances. Now with Sacred Seal Forges AND Weapon SMithing? There's going to be a LOT more experimenting around. Thus, the players don't have to worry about new stuff, because hello, busy making their favorite units into powerful monster here.

I mean, even right now I'm playing around with Palla, Hana, Fir and a couple of others just to see which build is great for them.

In short: New things are very much welcomed, but not urgent because there's already too many things to do.
Old 2017-11-15, 16:24   Link #637
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
v
This is the first time you specified 'content' as 'new game mode' and the very specific differentiation between what you think is minor or major as if that weren't subjective. It is highly ironic that you accuse others of not caring and hating the game yet the one who complains by far the most is you. This may not apply to your 'definition' but we get new story chapters (with lower stamina costs) with new characters on both sides, buffs to the neglected staff users and the weapon refinery. They're all new content whether you like it or not. Alongside of some generally nice things like free barracks expansion.

They didn't introduce new game modes but that doesn't mean that this update is bad in any way.
If they even at least reset the Clear status for that thing, I think it wouldn't have been as bad. And I'm actually kinda surprised someone would use that, of all things, as a reply to new content.

That is what new content is. We were already able to raise units before now.
"Bu... but we get to raise the units in more ways now!" Yeah. I'm glad we agree on the situation.

Complaining = Hating <-- Best Logic 2017
We who love the game must worship it! Complain? You... You traitor! Big Brother asks for your unconditional love to everything that is done!

PS: Yes, you get new story chapters. You'll get one every month or two... And you can complete each one in about 30 minutes total. And there is not enough text or content to fill a paragraph. That said, if the "story" so far has been satisfying to you, you get lots of points from me.

Quote:
Rerun is old for the one that didn't finish it, but still new for the ones that didn't.
At this point, I can't tell whether you did this on purpose and I'm missing something, or if this is a typo.

Quote:
*pointlessly long cut*
In other words, you don't disagree with me. In fact, you now give me this "rest period" excuse... which is uh... sure? I'm not exactly sure on the game going "Hey, got no new stuff so just don't play this game" actually makes sense (considering you are probably trying to defend the game), but you didn't refute that the only things are still raising units and new characters (because apparently the holiday events that add new characters and a new "story" is any different from any other time we get new characters and a new story), so I think we meet eye to eye on the situation.

PS: Nice non-Calvary units you are looking at. *looks at Aira* *looks at Reinhalt*
*pats back* (Palla still has some use though)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2017-11-15 at 16:40.
Old 2017-11-15, 17:49   Link #638
GDB

Quote:
Yep, pretty much why I'm meh on this update. Probably not going to bother rolling either, since the only units I'd want would be Spring Camilla and more merge fodder for Brave Lyn. Rest I either don't care about or have and don't care to get more of.

Quote:
Maps just give a slight variation to current content, IF they're used in said content. Not all are. And BHB is old content, regardless of if you've done it before or not. Also, it takes like 15 minutes to complete everything associated with it. Either way, none of that is new content.

Quote:
There will always be that one guy who straight up ignores all the good stuff and goes to find that one minor thing they don't like.
No new content isn't exactly minor.

Quote:
v

It's generally accepted that the term "content" in games means "stuff to do". And when people complain about the lack of stuff to do, they mean something that takes more than 5 minutes every month or two. New characters is not generally accepted as content, especially if they aren't free. Buffing existing units isn't content, it's buffing.

Now, if they introduced a new game mode to play to get the upgrade materials, THAT'D be new content. As it is, it sounds like you do the same things you already do, but now also get a small amount of upgrade materials each week based on your ranking.

Also, no one technically said it was a bad update, just lacking new content.

Quote:
That doesn't make it new. "New to me" is not "new". Like, if someone started talking about how great this new show called Haruhi is, people would call them an idiot for thinking a show that's more than 10 years old is new.

Quote:
First, off you do realize that 1) Christmas event is definitely coming up?

2) After that it's New Year event.

This? This is the rest period. THe period where people gather orbs, prepares their team for the next challenges. If you can't even see that, then you're probably new at this sort of game.
To be fair, FEH events are neither challenging nor really engaging. It's usually 3 maps, 4 new units to be enemies in those maps, about 3 lines of dialogue per map, and one mission per map to use a certain generic unit type. Beyond that, it's just "spend money, horded orbs, or luck to try to get the new unit", and then they're a bonus unit for the Arena. That's it.

The closest thing FEH has had to a real "event" was the Warriors maps, since they allowed for constant rerunning to farm SP.

Quote:
Yeah, no. Don't know where you're coming from, but for the players that I've seen, both on reddit and SB? Their concern lies more in the characters. THey want to see their favorite FIre Emblem represented in here. They want to see representatives from not just Hoshido, Nohr or Ylisse, they want to see heroes from Arcanea, Juggdral, Elibe, Magvel, Tellius and the Echoes continent (though they probably have a lot already)
Pretty sure they haven't added a single unit that wasn't a seasonal unit from Awakening or Fates since the game launched, not counting Masked Marth due to being free and Brave Lucina due to being voted in.

Quote:
Seriously, experimenting in FEH has always been a thing ever since Skill Inheritances. Now with Sacred Seal Forges AND Weapon SMithing? There's going to be a LOT more experimenting around. Thus, the players don't have to worry about new stuff, because hello, busy making their favorite units into powerful monster here.
You're really overselling how much time putting SI, seals, and forging on a unit takes.

Quote:
In short: New things are very much welcomed, but not urgent because there's already too many things to do.
That's your opinion. I've used 9 stamina a day for basically the past week or two now. Because I already did the things you're describing months ago.

Quote:
In fact, you now give me this "rest period" excuse... which is uh... sure? I'm not exactly sure on the game going "Hey, got no new stuff so just don't play this game" actually makes sense
To be fair, it seems to be common in gacha games to do nothing in November.

Quote:
PS: Nice non-Calvary units you are looking at. *looks at Aira* *looks at Reinhalt*
*pats back* (Palla still has some use though)
They have also released flying Nowi and the Dancers banner recently.
Old 2017-11-15, 19:55   Link #639
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yep, pretty much why I'm meh on this update. Probably not going to bother rolling either, since the only units I'd want would be Spring Camilla and more merge fodder for Brave Lyn. Rest I either don't care about or have and don't care to get more of.

To be fair, it seems to be common in gacha games to do nothing in November.

They have also released flying Nowi and the Dancers banner recently.
The biggest problem is that from the looks of it, the 8% gacha seems to have all of those characters in one gacha. Which means, that 8% still isn't as sweet as it sounds.
For instance, I have interest in an anti-Bow Flyer, but I have 1/3 chance of gettng Hector... who can be used for material at the least I guess, and Diadora, who I really do not need anymore. So it just isn't worth it. Especially since I've decided to go "No Paying" for the game. (Besides, holiday seasons mean discounts and getting new laptops and all)

Meh, I don't like the "They're (not) doing it, so it's okay" stance. Being average doesn't make good games (*salutes Mario Odyssey*).

Oh, I know. Been there, done that. I was talking about the characters he said he was thinking up builds for.
Because man, I am the type of person that actually goes and raises at least one of every Pokemon for competitive battling. And I make sure each one is something only that Pokemon can do. Even Beautifly.
And I do the same for this game... except there are just some units you just cannot make "unique" sets for, unlike most Pokemon, and the meta is even worse than Pokemon. Yeah, thank you, stupid power creep Aira.

Old 2017-11-15, 20:34   Link #640
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

If you just want one specific unit, then at 2.33% base chance, it's still more than double the chance of a regular summon for one particular unit. Still very good, though your odds of 'pitybreakers' just doubled if you don't care about the other 2 units of the color.

As for me, after 100 free orbs (Damn you Lukas pitybreaker) and 110 bucks of paid ones, finally got my Lute. +ATK/-RES, which is just ok, but I'll take it. Sad no Artur to pair her up with, but I guess it's easier on my wallet... until Micaiah comes.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire emblem, mobile game, nintendo, turn-based strategy