AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 15 Rating
Perfect 10 17 30.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 29.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.64%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.64%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-04-10, 04:39   Link #21
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliah1102 View Post
Its good to see that Mikoto is getting some actual development, her previous clingy character was really badly written and she also needs to get punched in face atleast once. Also Yuitsu is looking like she is gonna be a good and intersting character.
It's true, I'm kinda excited how well Yuitsu gonna be written, hope she's interesting character, don't care if she on the dark side. After all, she's discipline of our favorite dog
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 05:57   Link #22
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
So mikoto will end up in Kamisato harem I think that would make her hated because many people like the Touma Mikoto ship, I don't really care because I think Touma will die at the end of the series because in an interview Kamachi have said he wanted Touma to be a Jesus Chirst like character which does fit Touma personality even after NT9 touma selfishness because it just like a Jesus Chirst character not Jesus Christ.
nah, it was a joke :/ kamisato will be helping touma punching mikoto, or it will be a TnJ like in Vol.3 where he will let himself get beaten up :/

and the JC similary statement is new to me
PS: i really doubt that anyone will die in this story, at least anyone who is close to touma, maybe, touma can sacrifice himself but to be honest, i imagine a scene where everyone thinks touma is dead but he shows up again maybe with wiped memorys again
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 07:24   Link #23
DeliriousEagle

Touma just can't get a break at all.
DeliriousEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 08:17   Link #24
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
So mikoto will end up in Kamisato harem I think that would make her hated because many people like the Touma Mikoto ship, I don't really care because I think Touma will die at the end of the series because in an interview Kamachi have said he wanted Touma to be a Jesus Chirst like character which does fit Touma personality even after NT9 touma selfishness because it just like a Jesus Chirst character not Jesus Christ.
Could you point me to that interview? I can't seem to find it.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 15:12   Link #25
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

I don't want Touma to save Mikoto this time around. I would prefer Mikoto saves herself this time around. Or at least interaction with the sisters to help her around this current crises. Mikoto has already became the damsel in distress and some think shes rather clingy.

Than the best development for her would be standing up on her two feet and coming to a Self-realization or figuring this out on her own.

And the fear of her being killed off is rather interesting. I wouldn't mind her dying if it's done in a creative way and not done suddenly.
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 15:27   Link #26
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
Or at least interaction with the sisters to help her around this current crises.
this would be something i wouldnt mind seeing, the sisters are usually only used, saving someone would be their first (except for WW3 where they manifested fuse),
but if sisters are involved than LO too, and with LO comes accel :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 15:30   Link #27
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
this would be something i wouldnt mind seeing, the sisters are usually only used, saving someone would be their first (except for WW3 where they manifested fuse),
but if sisters are involved than LO too, and with LO comes accel :/
They saved Touma.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 15:38   Link #28
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

I think interaction with Will and Mikoto is much needed. I have a feeling that is going to happen sooner or later.

I have thought for a very long time that Will could be an important tool for Mikoto's development. And I hope this would come true.
Old 2016-04-10, 16:35   Link #29
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Or Accelerator will be the one giving help since he pretty much knows the city's dark side.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 17:24   Link #30
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

I don't know exactly how well Accelerator will effect Mikoto as a character and being told about the darkness will probably not help her in anyway. Honestly, no one should really save her from anything. Even if we have these interactions, the other characters should fail to helping her this time.

She wants to catch up, she wants the power to help Touma... To achieve this she needs to come to an understanding with herself. Standing on her own too feet, because frankly shes too wishy washy in my eyes with her commitment to helping Touma.

She needs to grit her teeth and move forward on her own strength. And I really hope this actually happens. It's why I do enjoy this sense of decent in the darkness, because I imagine shes trying to find a way to help and is getting lost along the way. But I feel you really don't understand yourself, you don't know how to move on with the decisions you struggle to make until you break everything that is you as a person.

I feel this will lead to a breaking down of Mikoto Misaka as a character, since NT 13 really highlighted her flaws more than anything. Now it's time to break the already cracked glass into pieces. As you don't get strong from simply seeking power, you get strong from the hard decisions you had to make which effects your life and those around you.

That's exactly how Touma got strong, IB doesn't really come into it in my eyes. Sure it helped, but IB in the end is just a tool and like any other tool it's only as effective as the person who wields it. Mikoto can do great things with her powers and more importantly her intelligence. Her intellect is her strongest asset in my mind compared to her powers and that should really be played on more. But of course giving the benefit of doubt she is ignorant of magic, but it doesn't mean she can't later learn about it.

She doesn't need power to face the enemies which Touma face, she needs personal strength in her own heart to make the decisions, she has found up to this point hard to make personally.

I know worded this terribly but I hope someone understands my point and my terrible review of her possible development.
Old 2016-04-10, 18:38   Link #31
DragonXX

Quote:
I don't know exactly how well Accelerator will effect Mikoto as a character and being told about the darkness will probably not help her in anyway. Honestly, no one should really save her from anything. Even if we have these interactions, the other characters should fail to helping her this time.

She wants to catch up, she wants the power to help Touma... To achieve this she needs to come to an understanding with herself. Standing on her own too feet, because frankly shes too wishy washy in my eyes with her commitment to helping Touma.

She needs to grit her teeth and move forward on her own strength. And I really hope this actually happens. It's why I do enjoy this sense of decent in the darkness, because I imagine shes trying to find a way to help and is getting lost along the way. But I feel you really don't understand yourself, you don't know how to move on with the decisions you struggle to make until you break everything that is you as a person.

I feel this will lead to a breaking down of Mikoto Misaka as a character, since NT 13 really highlighted her flaws more than anything. Now it's time to break the already cracked glass into pieces. As you don't get strong from simply seeking power, you get strong from the hard decisions you had to make which effects your life and those around you.

That's exactly how Touma got strong, IB doesn't really come into it in my eyes. Sure it helped, but IB in the end is just a tool and like any other tool it's only as effective as the person who wields it. Mikoto can do great things with her powers and more importantly her intelligence. Her intellect is her strongest asset in my mind compared to her powers and that should really be played on more. But of course giving the benefit of doubt she is ignorant of magic, but it doesn't mean she can't later learn about it.

She doesn't need power to face the enemies which Touma face, she needs personal strength in her own heart to make the decisions, she has found up to this point hard to make personally.

I know worded this terribly but I hope someone understands my point and my terrible review of her possible development.
I think that the path Kamachi is heading on but sometime you need someone to push you off like what the Will did for Touma in NT9 give him the strong to be selfish enough to save himself, I picture a scene like that for Mikoto.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 18:40   Link #32
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

I'm not really sure why what to think or say towards these thoughts on Mikoto being clingy. I mean, I get that its really dragging on about her believing she is useless and all that stuff.

But wanting her to die, really? Seriously, even if it happens in a meaningful way, that just seems like a surefire way to alienate a massive segment of the fanbase. In fact, since the clones are being put in the spotlight again, I'm willing to bet that the thing that ends up 'breaking her' will be finding out that the clones project has been resurrected again.

And another thing you've got to keep in mind, which is commonly ignored. She's freaking 14 years old and is going though one of the most brutal psychological non-stop existential crisis ever while at the same time, balancing a semi-normal school life (if you could call it that.)

And besides that, in the beginning, she was anything but clingy. She was downright unapproachable by pretty much anyone that wasn't one of her friends or classmates, which are all girls btw.

Anyways, the main core of the series started at June and it is now December. That's only 6 and 1/2 months that have passed since things started getting really weird. Its a bit unreasonable and unrealistic to expect somebody to change so drastically in such a short amount of time.

One thing I do agree on however, is that I want her to meet the Will too, maybe even find a way to communicate freely even.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 18:52   Link #33
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:

I get your point but this novel series literally is:

"Accept yourself or get fucked"
and
"Accept other's help or get fucked"

And this goes for the 3 protagonists.
Old 2016-04-10, 19:03   Link #34
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Maybe that's why I'm beginning to become ambivalent towards NT in general. I'm not really a fan of characters "getting fucked" in one way or another. It always leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

If Kamachi has to do it, he better make it good and he better do it fast.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 19:52   Link #35
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
I get your point but this novel series literally is:

"Accept yourself or get fucked"
and
"Accept other's help or get fucked"

And this goes for the 3 protagonists.
Your that pretty must a very important part of this series like it was for The Real Life Crowley teaching the whole accept your True Will(yourself) thing
One of the core part of this series is you have to work like hell for your happy ending and your world will try to destory your happy ending which all it might but still give some small look of hope even if true or just there to mess with you more and give you more sorrow because one of the worse way to give people overwhelming sorrowis to make it seen like there hope and destory it in front of you.

Mikoto herself seen to be on that path she found AAA and use it and now think she can fight by Touma side when it all a fake hope which will lead her to more sorrow.
Old 2016-04-10, 20:08   Link #36
Chosen_Hero

So I just read few of the spoilers in the To aru Facbook page and from what I gathered Mikoto saves Touma's ass again in this volume by using the AAA and the end only sets up Yuuitsu vs Kamisato and Aleister vs Mikoto and Touma (because let's be real, he is going to be there to oppose Crowley's plan to get rid of her) so expect if (<- keyword) this is true another Touma and Mikoto volume soon, at least that's what the spoilers so far read like, i'll wait to read the translation before saying anything concrete.

So with that said i'm baffled as to where the hell all this talk of Mikoto dying or her joining the bad guys or Kamisato's harem comes from, all I can think is that the usual suspects are just getting carried away with their hate for Mikoto and trying to create false speculation... no wait, they will say it just a joke, even though the same happened for NT.13 not too long ago (seriously, the same damn thing).

So how about we all wait for the volume to be translated before we go talking about fan speculations as if they are facts, besides even spoilers from people who have read the volumes in japanese tend to be very wrong, how have you not learned this by now?
Old 2016-04-10, 20:17   Link #37
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
So I just read few of the spoilers in the To aru Facbook page and from what I gathered Mikoto saves Touma's ass again in this volume by using the AAA and the end only sets up Yuuitsu vs Kamisato and Aleister vs Mikoto and Touma (because let's be real, he is going to be there to oppose Crowley's plan to get rid of her) so expect if (<- keyword) this is true another Touma and Mikoto volume soon, at least that's what the spoilers so far read like, i'll wait to read the translation before saying anything concrete.

So with that said i'm baffled as to where the hell all this talk of Mikoto dying or her joining the bad guys or Kamisato's harem comes from, all I can think is that the usual suspects are just getting carried away with their hate for Mikoto and trying to create false speculation... no wait, they will say it just a joke, even though the same happened for NT.13 not too long ago (seriously, the same damn thing).

So how about we all wait for the volume to be translated before we go talking about fan speculations as if they are facts, besides even spoilers from people who have read the volumes in japanese tend to be very wrong, how have you not learned this by now?
I am the one who said a lot of that, most them were just me having some fun but the one which Mikoto dieing not so must because if the artuor make Crowley fight Mikoto and Tomua I can't see then winning this is guy who can be in more then one place at a time was about to by path Fiamma Holy Right protect when a Laser from couldn't , destory the phase of The Magic God fought all the Magic God in that phase which only a third of his body burn without the Magic God at full power because they had to be Nerf to be in The World then outsmarted all the Magic God and he know about thing inside Tomua IB and will not be supid enough to make Touma lose his Right Hand and AAA was said to have a connect to Crowley which mean that would be useless on him but what funny is that WR could destory him in a moment because of his Conflicting Ideals which was why Kamisato beat our favoroutie dog.
Old 2016-04-10, 20:41   Link #38
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post

So with that said i'm baffled as to where the hell all this talk of Mikoto dying
Just one or two users making theories not facts. Not gonna happen anyways since she still sells and Kamachi doesn't kills characters.

Quote:
or her joining the bad guys
She isn't joining anyone, she is an antagonist on her own since she went nuts and needs someone to stop here before Aleister's minions or Yuitsu herself do it.

Quote:
Kamisato's harem came from
Not here afaik.

Quote:
all I can think is that the usual suspects are just getting carried away with their hate for Mikoto and trying to create false speculation... no wait, they will say it just a joke, even though the same happened for NT.13 not too long ago (seriously, the same damn thing).
Literally nowhere here unless you mean some shithole somewhere else where shitposting for fun is the daily bread hate it or not and you are biting the same bait again.

Anything else is just playing the victim as usual.

Quote:
You first. At least here nobody is going ballistic about anything beside the confirmed and translated pages so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ Maybe that's why I'm beginning to become ambivalent towards NT in general. I'm not really a fan of characters "getting fucked" in one way or another. It always leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

If Kamachi has to do it, he better make it good and he better do it fast.
OT was already like that though, the way it's handled on NT is just different and not to my liking however.
Old 2016-04-10, 21:24   Link #39
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Why? Facing overwhelming obstacles that bring their entire life and all their choices into question and then overcoming them is great for character development. I would say that's something Mikoto has been lacking since the beginning.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 22:20   Link #40
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
OT was already like that though, the way it's handled on NT is just different and not to my liking however.
Well, the thing about OT is that the very last volume is available. The end is in sight, and we see some closure in it. It's something that's still up in the air for NT.

Quote:
Why? Facing overwhelming obstacles that bring their entire life and all their choices into question and then overcoming them is great for character development. I would say that's something Mikoto has been lacking since the beginning.
Maybe I'm starting to lose interest in that kind of character development. I mean the "bringing their entire life and all their choices into question" part. A lot of stories nowadays that include them mostly just depresses me, especially if heavy amounts of suffering is involved. Just look at Re:Zero. The premise alone makes me a bit gloomy.

This may mean that I may never be able to read NT9 and NT11 because of suffering involving Touma and Misaki respectively.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2016-04-10 at 22:32.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote