AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-11, 16:12   Link #21
cat928

By the way, about that girl of Villains' side, her name is イース (iisu), but why do I see "Eas" in English wikipedia? Is that her official name?

I can't find anything on the official site.
cat928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 16:32   Link #22
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat928 View Post
By the way, about that girl of Villains' side, her name is イース (iisu), but why do I see "Eas" in English wikipedia? Is that her official name?

I can't find anything on the official site.
Because all of the bad guys' names are based off the 4 compass directions. So it's obviously intended to be spelled "Eas".
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 18:04   Link #23
Rias

The art quality is already going down hill in ep2...probably the earliest for all the precure series combined...
Old 2009-02-12, 01:32   Link #24
cat928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Because all of the bad guys' names are based off the 4 compass directions. So it's obviously intended to be spelled "Eas".
Thanks. There are always fools who couldn't notice that ;=)
cat928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 03:52   Link #25
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
The art quality is already going down hill in ep2...probably the earliest for all the precure series combined...
Pretty Cure doesn't work like most anime in this reguard. Toei shuffles around the art directors and key-framing work on some rotating basis to its various off-shore studios and sub-contracting studios, and the art varies based entirely on where that particular episode happened to be animated.

They usually choose the best people for the episodes that they deem the most "worthy", and let the more crappy episodes get done by the other studios. It's not really a matter of it "going downhill" like in other anime where budget gets tight later in the series.
I'm sure that the production schedule for Fresh Pretty Cure is planned out already throughout most of the year.

I suspect that episodes 7-8 (the crucial golden week episodes) will have the best animation Toei can muster
Sam Pinansky
Old 2009-02-12, 15:28   Link #26
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

In Pretty Cure 5, the best animated episodes was the first episode, the last episode and Urara episode.

Fresh Pretty Cure has some AWFUL background, they're honestly really bad, even I can make a better effort on it. In Pretty Cure 5 it was quite simple already, but it's watchable, now...I just stare at the episode and every second I would keep thinking the background is...plain bad which is distracting.

The ending was however...great. Best ending of this season. I never knew Toei could do such nice CG (or did they hire another company to do the job?). The dance was realistic (talk about unrealist dance...such as Hare Hare Yuukai), the movements was done well. The models look nice too. Are they going to do Ganbalance Dance for the 2nd ending? xD

Spoiler for Thoughts on first episode:

It's not bad, just like all Pretty Cure. It's not terrible, but its nothing great either. But it feeds my mahou shoujo fangirl side. Shugo Chara still stays as the best Mahou Shoujo currently airing...for me at least.
Old 2009-02-12, 15:46   Link #27
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Actually Toei has a CG animation house in France which does most of their full CG stuff, like the Robo Dz show for Toon Disney.

I think they completely bought some local french CG studio. Not entirely sure that's who made the FPC ending, though, I'd have to check the credits.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2009-02-12, 16:08   Link #28
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
The ending was however...great. Best ending of this season. I never knew Toei could do such nice CG (or did they hire another company to do the job?). The dance was realistic (talk about unrealist dance...such as Hare Hare Yuukai), the movements was done well. The models look nice too.
I don't get how the Hare Hare Yukai would be considered unrealistic... I mean, it's not as if it's impossible to do in real life. ^^;

This dance is certainly more simple though, I have to admit that... I think it's the best Pretty Cure ED so far, I actually became slightly addicted to it. (It's so colorful *w* )

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 05:27   Link #29
TCman

Well, comparing to the original Pretty Cure and Yes! Precure 5, Fresh Precure is starting to become dull and uninspired (especially the uninpired finishing move and transformation in each episode; and I don't like the clapping, it's annoying somehow). It's seems the creators want to make Fresh Precure "less violent" by introducing less direct hit attacks (just like the less successful Pretty cure Splash Star (only 1 season) , unlike the original Pretty Cure (inc. Max Heart) and Yes! Precure5 (especially later on in the series and the movies). Another thing is that the creators want to keep the characters out of School-life for most of the time somehow (fresh=no/less school-life?).

I was pretty amazed that original Pretty Cure and Yes! Precure 5 got some "Dragonball Z"- like action (with a mahou shoujo flavour of course) in them (especially later in the series, 2nd season Yes! Precure GoGo! and clearly in the two movies of Yes! Precure5). It's feels the Fresh Precure series is going to the wrong direction in terms of action and story/plot; lets hope the creators fix the action and flaws soon, at least back to Pretty Cure or Yes! Precure5 level.

Well, I still kind of look forward to the characters Miyuki (the idol)(too few screen-time?) and Setsuna Higashi aka Eas (one of the villainess who works for "Labyrinth now; "Setsuna, reference to Sailor Moon's Setsuna aka Sailor Pluto??), since they could be the new ....., just maybe?!
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 09:38   Link #30
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Just seen episode 8, shouldn't this thread be moved to fansubbed?

Spoiler for Episode 8:

I just want to watch that Pretty Cure ALL STARS movie, it should be fun to see every single Pretty Cure. I see too much reference in this. I keep thinking Cure Peach doing the Macross F Kira and the clap reminds me of FMA. All the magical girl elements in this looks like references...
Old 2009-05-10, 20:53   Link #31
wantsfreedom

Send a message via MSN to wantsfreedom Send a message via Yahoo to wantsfreedom
O_O where is ep 5.....? i dont want to watch ep 6 yet... or anyone knows where is the subbed one loaded?

Come and join the crew if you want to help.
wantsfreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 10:20   Link #32
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

No one did episode 5, looks like the group is skipping around. There's never important plot element with Pretty Cure, I always just skip around the episodes.

I miss Pretty Cure 5 now....;~; I really liked the GoGo's movie...
Old 2009-05-14, 18:28   Link #33
pcj

Quote:
No one did episode 5, looks like the group is skipping around.
There's actually two different groups doing it. One group (CureCom) did 1-4 so far. The other group (haven't identified themselves, just subbing anonymously) did 6-8. Curecom is slightly stalled at the moment because of real life issues affecting their translator, but last I heard was planning to continue doing them all in order.
pcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 06:21   Link #34
TCman

Good news for Fresh Precure fans: Fresh Precure movie announced:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-japan-in-fall

As for Eas aka Setsuna Higashi's development in the anime, I think she's changing (in my opinion already since episode 7 and it goes further in episode 15), although she is still not very aware of it and she's still loyal to "Labyrinth".

Spoiler for Prediction of character Setsuna Higashi:

As for the fourth Precure member (prediction):

Spoiler for Fourth precure, Cure Passion (more a prediction?):
Old 2009-05-17, 06:50   Link #35
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

If Higashi becomes a Precure, that'd basically be one of the biggest curveballs the Precure franchise has ever had. lol

An actual badguy/girl becoming one? I just hope she doesn't turn around so quickly and completely that she doesn't forget she works for Mebius and was indeed the enemy of mankind.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 07:26   Link #36
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Didn't that happen in Splash Star, where the two evil girls decided to join the Pretty Cure? I didn't really watch Slashstar, but from random episode skips, that looked like what happened.

After this season, I really wish Toei comes up with a new mahou shoujo series, it'll be popular anyway.
Old 2009-05-17, 07:47   Link #37
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Didn't that happen in Splash Star, where the two evil girls decided to join the Pretty Cure? I didn't really watch Slashstar, but from random episode skips, that looked like what happened.

After this season, I really wish Toei comes up with a new mahou shoujo series, it'll be popular anyway.
Yeah, but they sorta went away for like 95% of the episodes. And they were only truly good for maybe the last one and a half episodes.

If Higashi becomes Precure much sooner and deals with it and all, that'd actually be almost shocking. Especially after leading us on so much with Miyuki.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 08:56   Link #38
Key Board
Carbon

If you notice the Pretty Cure symbol is a four leaf clover with 4 colors

3 are already represented

We are going to have one last Precure
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 10:41   Link #39
TCman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
If you notice the Pretty Cure symbol is a four leaf clover with 4 colors

3 are already represented

We are going to have one last Precure

Now you mention it, the four leaf is hold together in the centre by a green square-like object (Love has given Setsuna Higashi a green jewel necklace in the shape of a four leaf, a "present of friendship"), which may symbolize another Pretty Cure member; so in total there may be 5 Precure members.

Spoiler for prediction 4th and 5th precure member:
Old 2009-06-07, 04:28   Link #40
javi
lurker

Spoiler for Fourth Precure Member:
javi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magical girl, shojo