AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 33 24.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 38.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 21.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 8.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.24%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.49%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-20, 13:24   Link #141
Fran~
floating away...

It's ironic, i just see again the episode and i cant take off my mind how ironic is this, Minori is pushing Ryuuji to Taiga and Taiga is pushing him to Minori, besides, Taiga and Minori knows this. Minori is playing fool on Ryuuji (nothing has happen between us, you know Takasu-kun) and Taiga is playing adult on Ryuuji (I will take it from here on Ryuuji, i've grown up, so chase after Minori).
Old 2009-02-20, 13:47   Link #142
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

What's up with the Golgo 13 reference from Minori? Haven't watched that one so I wouldn't know.

What I do know is the "Kira!" moment was just for laughs (and they're doing it wrong actually). Unless of course the staff is implying that they have watched Macross Frontier and the staff knows how it ended... dun-dun-dun!
Old 2009-02-20, 14:03   Link #143
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
H&C season 1 was great, but season 2 was so really meh. I was a few episodes in when I realized the plot and relations were barely moving so I skipped to the last 2 episodes, which I think really summed up the series. THAT'S how you do a non-paired ending, at least for the main cast.
What are you talking about? Did you not notice Mayama had finally moved forward with Rika, leading to Ayumi to finally move on as well? Oh, I forgot, you SKIPPED and watched the end.

While H&C1 is definitely better, I personally don't find H&C2 that bad. Speaking of which, the director for Toradora is Nagai Tatsuyuki, who happens to be the director of H&C2, so he's got experience in this genre at least.

Oh and, all you novel readers beyond volume 8, can you please stop spoiling? Not even with spoiler tags, because common sense dictates that spoiler tags in this thread are assumed to be for discussion of episode 20.
Old 2009-02-20, 14:05   Link #144
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
What's up with the Golgo 13 reference from Minori? Haven't watched that one so I wouldn't know.

What I do know is the "Kira!" moment was just for laughs (and they're doing it wrong actually). Unless of course the staff is implying that they have watched Macross Frontier and the staff knows how it ended... dun-dun-dun!
Delicious Epic trolling.

Though a point to be made is [B]Do they have to?[B] I mean, we're expecting them to get into a relationship from one year? I get annoyed with this sort of all or nothing attitude. So what if they go their separate ways? And we're too early to be bitching about this, the series isn't over.

But still we do anyway, more I'm guessing to get a rise out of our fellow fans.

Well the Minorin ship still has sails, certainly took a broadside. Ami.. well I admire the effort to go down with the ship. And Taiga is taking evasive movement.

Now is this cut in stone? Likely not. I know that will try my best to shut up and enjoy the ride.
Old 2009-02-20, 16:42   Link #145
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Come on Ryuuji wake up!!! Taiga bent over backwards for him with her dad. Shes totally changed herself for the better because of him. Unfortunately he now is repaying her by going for Minori for Taiga's sake *sigh*

I thought Taiga was going to act this way and it makes her breakdown so much more touching for it.

Taiga and Ryuuji act more like a married couple then most ppl do nowadays
Old 2009-02-20, 16:46   Link #146
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Spoiler for onegai teacher:
Old 2009-02-20, 17:00   Link #147
Captain Roronoa Zoro

so like is there like zero chance of ryuujixami i really support tht one but i dont see it happening now....
Old 2009-02-20, 17:12   Link #148
Mephiles
~ The Dark ~

TAIGA, TAIGA, TAIGA, TAIGA, TAIGA, TAIGA, TAIGA... Tired of hear her name, she's not the only character in this show.

I don't rlly like TaigaxRyuuji...but it can't be helped at this point. -_-U...

+FAV for Minorin, she's a love.
Old 2009-02-20, 17:14   Link #149
typhonsentra

Given how little time there is left for the show and the fact that he's never expressed anything outside of physical attraction, it'd be a little weird if he went with her. Plus she's kinda being a bitch to him (Not that that stopped him and Taiga).
Old 2009-02-20, 17:33   Link #150
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

At the beginning, Minori was the only girl (among her, Taiga and Ami, I mean) who didn't seem like a complete waste of time. Now, it's so goddamn hard to chose.
Old 2009-02-20, 17:34   Link #151
Captain Roronoa Zoro

ahhhgg how dissapoining... i guess i can partially enjoy the show now i guess
Old 2009-02-20, 17:44   Link #152
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Any chance of people actually discussing the story instead of just posting one line "AxB" demands? :P
Old 2009-02-20, 17:52   Link #153
Justin Kim
*Artist

Lol, I cracked up:
Quote: "Not everything goes smoothly" *Chalk slice/ ninja break" lolol.
Old 2009-02-20, 18:39   Link #154
Plun

Is it me or is Taiga becoming non-Tsundere?
Old 2009-02-20, 18:48   Link #155
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Taiga was never tsundere in the first place. She wasn't even fully tsun. I realized this recently, but her demeanor was primarily due to her being often misunderstood and misconstrued. When there were more people who did reach out to her and saw her fundamental niceness she didn't need to put up a facade of 'me vs. the world.' Ryuuji also heavily affected her relations with others, because while he was misunderstood and thought of as a bastard he never let it affect his niceness and his self. Taiga changed a lot because of Ryuuji, and this episode highlights that. Last episode was Taiga and her epiphany; she recognizes, however, the necessity of fulfilling her promise with Ryuuji despite that, so she's hurting herself heavily in the process.
Old 2009-02-20, 18:49   Link #156
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

is it me or do i see Kanou Sumire in the magazine that Kitamura look at near the end? i dont understand why Kanou Sumire is in the Okinawa magazine, was she some sort of tour guide or model?
Old 2009-02-20, 18:53   Link #157
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Kanou Sumire is a beautiful and intelligent chick, and in addition she also has a wonderful body. She's not as sexy as Ami, but she has the stuff.

To answer your question, it was her, and yes, she was a model.
Old 2009-02-20, 18:55   Link #158
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
is it me or do i see Kanou Sumire in the magazine that Kitamura look at near the end? i dont understand why Kanou Sumire is in the Okinawa magazine, was she some sort of tour guide or model?
It was a past school record book concerning their field trip so Kano will natually be in it.
Old 2009-02-20, 19:00   Link #159
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephiles View Post
TAIGA, TAIGA, TAIGA, TAIGA, TAIGA, TAIGA, TAIGA... Tired of hear her name, she's not the only character in this show.

I don't rlly like TaigaxRyuuji...but it can't be helped at this point. -_-U...

+FAV for Minorin, she's a love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
"Not everything goes smoothly"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Any chance of people actually discussing the story instead of just posting one line "AxB" demands? :P
I have nothing more to say
Old 2009-02-20, 19:00   Link #160
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Oh, was it? I thought it was a magazine, actually, with Sumire being featured as they didn't expect her to pop up.
Closed Thread