AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-13, 05:57   Link #2101
Blaat

Spoiler for episode 61:

And of course, for Shiroth, soundtrack update: One new track used during Vegeta's transformation/flashback.
Old 2010-06-13, 06:06   Link #2102
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Spoiler for episode 61:
I don't remember it being 'short' though i'm not surprised it is in Kai. & Piccolo will have a great scene in next weeks episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
And of course, for Shiroth, soundtrack update: One new track used during Vegeta's transformation/flashback.
You saved me from asking.

Good to hear there's a new piece for his transformation, and powerful flashback scene.
Old 2010-06-13, 09:02   Link #2103
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

It's a little shorter, but mostly the long dramatic pauses were really cut. It's cool how they

Spoiler for episode 60:

Vegeta's super saiyan transformation scene is my favorite of them. "I should mention, when we become super saiyans we get a little worked up and lose our heads" always makes me laugh.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 11:09   Link #2104
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Vegeta vs. #19 was half an episode in the original Z series, so yeah it was a quick paced fight.

I really like this particular part of the android arc, since it really showcases the tactical brilliance of Piccolo and Vegeta.
Old 2010-06-13, 15:13   Link #2105
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Piccolo seems so much cooler than I remember in the American dub. Really looking forward to his fight next episode (and some other good moments later on in the arc).
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 17:20   Link #2106
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Piccolo seems so much cooler than I remember in the American dub. Really looking forward to his fight next episode (and some other good moments later on in the arc).
Toshio Furukawa has that effect. He seriously has one of the coolest voices i've ever heard.

But yeah Piccolo is my favorite character in the series, and he has some great shining moments in this arc. It's great especially when you keep in mind that it's mainly saiyan focused from here until the end in terms of good guys.
Old 2010-06-13, 19:32   Link #2107
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I really like this particular part of the android arc, since it really showcases the tactical brilliance of Piccolo and Vegeta.
Indeed. And IMO, not only that, but they actually get to defeat strong enemies on their own instead of just giving it their all but still getting beat just so Goku can take over the fight and look more impressive when he defeats the enemy that'd beaten them. I know I'll savour these episodes well, because unfortunately that doesn't happen very often.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 04:33   Link #2108
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

"You guys go home and have yourselves a relaxing glass of milk."

Brilliant episode, and the preview made me smile quite a bit. It's time for Piccolo to shine.
Old 2010-06-14, 08:18   Link #2109
Vicious108

Vegeta just exuded sheer badassery with his every line and action in this episode. "Can't feel pain? How lucky for you." That's right Vege-chan, show them who's boss! (...while you can)

As for the SSJ transformation... I was a bit disappointed with the tracks used for both Goku's and Trunks' so I was wondering which one they'd use here... and funnily the answer was none. Silent transformation, which suprisingly worked well, especially because they followed it up with a badass BGM for his flashback.

And yes Piccolo's turn is coming up next. Should be just as awesome.

Also looking forward to Trunks' return. It's continuously badass to see what always felt like longass absences in DBZ being over in so few episodes in Kai.
Old 2010-06-14, 08:40   Link #2110
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
That's a good point. It works out well for the story too when later
Spoiler for arc spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Also looking forward to Trunks' return. It's continuously badass to see what always felt like longass absences in DBZ being over in so few episodes in Kai.
Definitely. It always felt like every 3rd episode or so of DBZ was good, whereas in Kai it's like every episode is that moment you've been waiting for.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 11:54   Link #2111
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
Definitely. It always felt like every 3rd episode or so of DBZ was good, whereas in Kai it's like every episode is that moment you've been waiting for.
Indeed. Sure i enjoyed DBZ quite a bit, though it was always such a shame that the pacing was completely destroyed. It's not anyone's fault and they did the best job possible while adapting an on going series, though i'm just so glad we're able to experience the adaptation we could have had if the anime was made after the source material was complete.
Old 2010-06-15, 10:02   Link #2112
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

I love how Vegeta doesn't even bother looking at No. 19 when it first grabs onto his arms. He just stares off into the distance as if daydreaming of all the horrible mean things he's gonna do to the poor bastard. =)

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 12:55   Link #2113
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Yeah, Vegeta is awesome. I think if I had the kind of powers he does, I'd like to screw with the androids too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Toshio Furukawa has that effect. He seriously has one of the coolest voices i've ever heard.

But yeah Piccolo is my favorite character in the series, and he has some great shining moments in this arc. It's great especially when you keep in mind that it's mainly saiyan focused from here until the end in terms of good guys.
I think they might have screwed up some of his lines in the original dub, as well. He projects much more confidence and badassery with his Japanese dialogue.

Last edited by ChainLegacy; 2010-06-15 at 13:15.
Old 2010-06-15, 16:32   Link #2114
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I think they might have screwed up some of his lines in the original dub, as well. He projects much more confidence and badassery with his Japanese dialogue.
Indeed, the original english dub was inaccurate most of the time. However, now that Funimation is dubbing DB Kai, all of their previous script errors are being rectified to stay as faithful to the original japanese script as possible.

As for Piccolo's voice, I actually prefer his english (Chris Sabat) and mexican counterparts over the japanese one. They have a deeper and more aggressive tone, which is appropriate given Piccolo's tall demonic appearance and strict personality.

Here's a sample of Piccolo's mexican voice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzV28cIhrJU
Old 2010-06-15, 17:25   Link #2115
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Here's a sample of Piccolo's mexican voice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzV28cIhrJU
I'll admit, that does suit his character quite well . Still Furukawa Toshio is one of my favorite voice actors, and i just love how he captures Piccolo's badarse nature so well. Will admit though that Chris Sabat does deliver, though just a shame that the scripts were a huge let down as it was already mentioned.

I don't know anything much about the dub, though will he be voicing him again in Kai?
Old 2010-06-15, 17:38   Link #2116
Vicious108

Quote:
Indeed, the original english dub was inaccurate most of the time. However, now that Funimation is dubbing DB Kai, all of their previous script errors are being rectified to stay as faithful to the original japanese script as possible.
That's good to hear. I hope they're also getting rid of all the cheesyness present in the original script. Watching the latest Kai episode, I remembered what Gohan's reaction to Vegeta's transformation was like in the dub: "You know who joined the Super Saiyan club!" If they're actually getting rid of that kind of crap in the Kai dub, then I might have to check it out.

Quote:
As for Piccolo's voice, I actually prefer his english (Chris Sabat) and mexican counterparts over the japanese one. They have a deeper and more aggressive tone, which is appropriate given Piccolo's tall demonic appearance and strict personality.
I like Furukawa better since Sabat's Piccolo voice is a little too noble sounding. It's still better and more natural sounding than his Vegeta though, who just came off as a loud punk instead of a proud prince in the Funi dub. The only Sabat voices in DBZ I really liked were Yamucha and Jheese.
Old 2010-06-15, 18:04   Link #2117
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Sabat is reprising his roles of Piccolo, Vegeta, and Yamcha. He mentioned that he'll no longer be doing any of the Ginyu Force members (he originally did Recoome, Jeice, and Burter), which is good since that allows for more diversity in the voice cast. But here's the biggest news: There's going to be a new Frieza! Yes, you guys read that correctly. And this time, he's being voiced by a MAN. Finally, Frieza's character will be done justice .

Here's a portion of an interview between Chris Sabat and Sean Schemmel discussing the aforementioned details. Definitely worth checking out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQimwco0qo4
Old 2010-06-15, 18:20   Link #2118
Vicious108

Yeah I'd read about the old Freeza being replaced. Definitely good news. The most evil and ruthless tyrant in the universe sounding like a goddamn granny was the original dub's lowest point.

Has it been confirmed yet who'll voice him in Kai? I'd check out the interview to see if it has, but unfortunately Funi just loves blocking their stuff in my country (even though they see themselves fit to prive me of fansubs at the same time) But yeah, if it hasn't, I'm personally hoping for Jerry Jewell.
Old 2010-06-15, 18:33   Link #2119
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Frieza's voice actor hasn't been revealed yet, unfortunately. That's strange that Funi blocks some of their content in your country. If I may ask, where do you reside?
Old 2010-06-15, 21:41   Link #2120
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I think one of the most facepalm-worthy lines in the original dub was Piccolo during the Frieza arc suggesting they all run away back to Earth because they stood no chance. I like the Japanese VA better, but I agree Piccolo's dub voice wasn't too bad, just his lines were sometimes completely out of character.