AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-11-21, 11:35   Link #1
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Doraemon's seiyuus to change....・゚・(ノД`)・゚・

I doubt anyone in this forums (lest for some members from Europe and Southeast Asia) would care but...

======[translation of newspaper article]=======

For over a quarter of a century, the national iconic anime "Doraemon" has been voiced by the same five members due to their ages. It has been announced from the makers that Ms. Ohyama Nobuyo (68) and the other members' voices will be changed starting from next April. Their successor will yet to be chosen.

"Doraemon" was a popular manga by the late Fujiko F. Fujio. Since its initial airing in 1979, the seiyuu casts has been unchanged:

Doraemon - Ohyama Nobuyo (1936/10/16 - age: 68)
Nobi Nobita - Ohara Noriko (1935/10/02 age: 69)
Gouda "Jian" Takeshi - Tatekabe Kazuya (1934/07/25 age: 70)
Honekawa Suneo - Kimotsuki Kaneta (1935/11/15 age: 69)
Minamoto Shizuka - Nomura Tomoko (1938/03/31 age: 66)

In addition, they have appeared in total of 25 "Doraemon" movies since 1980.

Ms. Ohyama Nobuyo's catchphrase "Boku Doraemon" and other trademarks by of the five seiyuus gave life to bring out the characteristics of each of the characters. However, with all of the seiyuus being over the age of 65, it has been deemed that it would too strenous for them and was decided upon that successors are needed.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 14:55   Link #2
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

That would take some serious getting used to...

The only thing I can think of that would compare is when the announcer on The Price is Right died. He had done the announcements for 25 odd years and now the show isn't quite the same without him. >.>
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 14:56   Link #3
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
So are there going to be tons of purist fans in Japan screamin foul?
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 15:27   Link #4
7thMethuselah

Well, i think no one expected that the show would stay on tv for 25 years. They'll have to be replaced sooner or later, since they might die at any given time, I find it amazing that the same crew has been on for all that time.

I don't think it'll be that much of a fuss, since I believe it's mostly a childrens show, they will adapt pretty fast and get used to it. The real question is will the quality remain the same. They'd better do some really good casting imo
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 16:03   Link #5
Archaic

It was only a matter of time, given that they were already over the old manditory retirement ages. I thought they would've lasted until Tatekabe-san hit 71 though. At least they're all changing, rather than just one or two. It'll jar a lot less.
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 17:52   Link #6
kagelump

aww... that sucks
if they're going to have someone who sounds completely different, it'll be a headache if doraemon 'marathons' have different seiyuus every other episode @_@
then again, i'm not gonna be able to watch doraemon until next summer... when i head back to asia
kagelump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 18:09   Link #7
Blaat

Well I hope Doreamon won't get shunted with the new seiyuu like what happend with the Lupin the 3rd movie, special whatever it was once.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 19:55   Link #8
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Even though Doraemon is a dubbed* show over here ( it being considered a 'mass appeal' show ), it is still interesting to know of this. I did not know that the seiyus are in their 60's now . Kinda weird to picture Nobiki and gang being white haired and all

* the local language dubs ( Malay and Chinese ) sound good. The same cannot be said of the English dubs...
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 01:33   Link #9
shinorei_91
Acolyte - I Heal People

Send a message via ICQ to shinorei_91 Send a message via MSN to shinorei_91
Yep..the Malay dubbed is surprisingly NOT bad..compared to the Malay dubbed of Yu-gi-oh which was terrible..
shinorei_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 23:40   Link #10
mye
Myelements

Send a message via AIM to mye Send a message via MSN to mye Send a message via Yahoo to mye
I heard that the new seiyuus actors will try to mimick the old ones.. so it wouldn't appeal to be such a dramatic shock? Well, it doesn't affect me because I don't understand Japanese and there's no fan-subbed. I've only seen up to twenty something because the fan-subbed are extremely hard to find.
mye is offline   Reply With Quote