Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-28, 11:03   Link #261
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
Thanks for the screenshots! Let's see... weren't blimps used for war or something related to war around this time in history (1935)? Of course I don't really have any idea what I'm talking about, but maybe someone else who does can comment.
They were called zeppelins back then, and yes they were used in first world war as bombers and for reconnaissance, they were as fast as aircrafts and could fly so high that it was very difficult to shoot them down, even if they were filled with hydrogen, but as long as it didn't make contact with oxygen it was pretty safe. But it was quite a fireworks when some of them caught fire. And of course they carried defensive armament.
Only after more efficient aircrafts were developed, zeppelins disappeared from frontlines. But after war they were used as fast and luxurious passanger transports from Europe to US and back, until Hindenburg catastrophe (my memory fails me... umm... 1936?) ended their era.
Old 2004-11-28, 11:23   Link #262
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
Maybe the zeppelin is a representation of death, as zeppelins bomb towns, setting them on fire and destroying many.

Spoiler:

Btw, wasn't Episode 1 Orpherus' character episode? I think it is. It focused on his ideals, family members, friends, and "enemies". But maybe that's just my opinion.
Old 2004-11-28, 16:04   Link #263
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke
They were called zeppelins back then, and yes they were used in first world war as bombers and for reconnaissance, they were as fast as aircrafts and could fly so high that it was very difficult to shoot them down, even if they were filled with hydrogen, but as long as it didn't make contact with oxygen it was pretty safe. But it was quite a fireworks when some of them caught fire. And of course they carried defensive armament.
Only after more efficient aircrafts were developed, zeppelins disappeared from frontlines. But after war they were used as fast and luxurious passanger transports from Europe to US and back, until Hindenburg catastrophe (my memory fails me... umm... 1936?) ended their era.
Thanks for explaining that! I was afraid of mentioning the Hindenburg because I had only a very vague sense of when the disaster actually occurred. Thinking about zeppelins is giving me flashbacks to Wind - A Breath of Heart.

@clem-kun: When you put it like that, it does make sense. Episode 1 was much more Orpherus-centric than any of the other episodes so far, and it did give him some backstory.
Old 2004-11-29, 20:44   Link #264
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
Is it a fact that there actually is a blood relation between Camus and Ludwig?
I believe that it's mentioned in the first episode. Orpheus apologizes for venting about Ludwig to Camus because they're related, I think.

Quote:
Oh, and Rosenstolz academy is starting to look like a gossip house. Where's the dignity that Rosenstolz is supposed to represent? If not for people like Ludwig the gossips would run rampant.
Seriously. Like a bunch of housewives at a Tupperware party. Or so I'm told.

Spoiler for Ep 4:
Old 2004-11-30, 15:36   Link #265
chamelean75

hmm, I don't really forsee a disaster with that blimp. It seems a little far fetched. I mean that blimp was right above the school. If you make that into a disaster, then it would be the school blowing up since the blimpis right over the school. I don't really think that blimp foreshadows anything tho I don't know why they put it in the episode either. I just assumed it to be part of the scenary.... In, the end I believe that all those main 5 characters will become part of the strahl. Strahl candidates seem to all have capes and distinctive colored uniforms, so why doesn't edward dressed like a strahl candidate. Is he not one?
Old 2004-11-30, 16:37   Link #266
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Oh, I didn't mean that the blimp's appearance might foreshadow a disaster involving the blimp itself--rather, that it might serve as a concrete visual metaphor for some intangible occurence or revelation looming on the horizon. I just thought it seemed sort of ominous, periodically blocking out the sun and all that.

I'm pretty sure either Ludwig, Orpherus or both mentioned that Ed is a Strahl candidate at some point during the first three episodes (probably during episode 1 or 2). His clothing may simply reflect his personality--he's a lot less showy than Orpherus and Ludwig, and seems much more laid back.
Old 2004-11-30, 17:08   Link #267
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

for episode 4
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-30, 17:46   Link #268
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
for episode 4
Spoiler:
Fair enough appraisal. My interpretation of him is intended to be a little more humourous than truly scathing, of course, and I haven't written him off entirely. But looking at his eyes for clues when he reacts to certain things makes me stick by my overall assessment for the time being. And with Mashimo, the eyes are everything.
Old 2004-12-01, 00:52   Link #269
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

I think Episode 5 might prove to be my most favorite as of yet. I can hardly wait for it... I want to know more about Ludwig's, um, fiance? And of course, more about Erika (or whatever her name is). I'm beginning to feel more and more that we are right about her being Eduard's sister. In Episode 4, she almost said her name too! But alas, the producers had to tease us and make her wave the question off as if it were nothing.
Old 2004-12-01, 09:01   Link #270
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

An interesting piece of trivia: I've read that Hiroyuki Kawasaki, who wrote the script for episode 4 of Meine Liebe, may help direct Bee Train's first CLAMP series (Tsubasa).

I'm also curious about Ludwig's fiance. Somehow he doesn't seem like the type who would relate well to women... I think the way he treats the as-yet-nameless girl may reveal a lot about his personality.
Old 2004-12-01, 13:09   Link #271
Pandora
Poisoned

Quote:
I'm also curious about Ludwig's fiance. Somehow he doesn't seem like the type who would relate well to women... I think the way he treats the as-yet-nameless girl may reveal a lot about his personality.
Well, it looks to me as if it's one of those political marriage. At least, that's what it says in the episode 5 summary in the official page. Oh, and not sure if anyone notices, but the fiance looks a bit like Wilhelmine, one of the friends of the heroine in the game.

http://www.meineliebe.jp/onair5.html
Old 2004-12-02, 07:45   Link #272
wao
OK.

Okay, can/goo recently released their album Kokoro no Uta, and Shirushi (Meine Liebe OP) is on it...

So now we have official lyrics for the op! Yay! I can't wait for the ED though =D

I have scans of the lyrics so I'll transcribe them here... (and I WAS right about "kizuato"! ha!</ego>) with romaji

Spoiler:

It's arranged differently from the TV cut (personally I like the TV cut more)

Spoiler for TV cut version:

Yaaaay~ the violins do sound quite different, ay?

And please don't ask me permission to use those because I don't own them to begin with!! Do whatever you want with them!
Old 2004-12-02, 09:14   Link #273
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Episode 4 is out! I won't be able to watch it until later tonight, but I'm eagerly anticipating it all the same.
Old 2004-12-02, 11:21   Link #274
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Ludwig was looking pretty evil a few times in this episodes, nasty look in his eyes. Next episode it seems the plot will start rolling for real.
Old 2004-12-02, 14:08   Link #275
Lanithro
ridiculous dandy

Well... he did rather go out on a limb at the start of the episode, considering how he's... emotionally retarded and/or a control freak regarding the way he behaves towards others. I don't think I've ever seen Ludwig speak so nicely to anybody than when he was speaking to Naoji in the greenhouse. And he got turned down. I think anyone's eyes would be full of daggers, given the circumstances.

Plot won't be next episode, as far as my guess goes. It'll start in #6 or 7 depending on whether Isaac gets his own episode.

I'm not sure whether he will get his own episode. In order to preserve the mystery- which seems to be the main point of interest in his character- he shouldn't... but from the hints in the OP visuals where he gets slapped about and shaken as a child, he might well get his back story explained in #6.
Old 2004-12-02, 19:04   Link #276
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Awesome episode. Definitely my favorite so far.

Now that Erika's gotten a few more lines, I can say with confidence that I really, really love her voice. Does anyone know which seiyuu is playing her?

When I first noticed that
Spoiler:

For someone with so little self-confidence, Naoji seems to wield a surprising amount of power over both Ludwig and Orpherus. Poor Camus, meanwhile, gets distressed and cries out "Stop them!" etc. all the time, but no one ever seems to hear him. ^_^;; Anyway, it's interesting how clearly the behavior of the three followers (Ed, Naoji and Camus) is distinguished from that of the leaders (Orphe and Ludwig).

Would someone care to explain what happened during the
Spoiler:
I got a little confused--how literally is the viewer supposed to take the imagery? Is this another example of supernatural things happening in the series, and being casually accepted by the character(s) involved?
Old 2004-12-03, 15:05   Link #277
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
Would someone care to explain what happened during the
Spoiler:
I got a little confused--how literally is the viewer supposed to take the imagery? Is this another example of supernatural things happening in the series, and being casually accepted by the character(s) involved?
Spoiler:

As for the misterious girl, she seems to be interested in Ed, she sounded delighted to hear that he would be on that demonstrative competition... and she looked really pleased on episode 2, when she was hearing to his piano playing... maybe she secretly worships him... even though she can be his long lost sister as far as I know and now I remember, I've mentioned before that a romance between unknown separated brothers could indeed be possible (and maybe expected), peraphs I'm on the right track... what do you guys think?

It was also funny how everyone was noticing Naoji's beautifull dark eyes on this episode not that they're implying anything or something... of course not... especially not Ludwig

BTW, did Naoji win that duel with Orpherus I mean, what do you think? I hope he did win! It would mean a lot to him... besides, after this episode, Naoji kinda improved on my character ranking he's currently my third favourite so far, right after Camus and Sir Isaac (my number one)

Last edited by MartAnimE; 2004-12-03 at 15:15.
Old 2004-12-03, 18:34   Link #278
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartAnimE
BTW, did Naoji win that duel with Orpherus I mean, what do you think? I hope he did win! It would mean a lot to him... besides, after this episode, Naoji kinda improved on my character ranking he's currently my third favourite so far, right after Camus and Sir Isaac (my number one)
I wish they had shown the rest of it. On the one hand, I was definitely rooting for Naoji... on the other hand, I don't think Ludwig would have reacted too well if Naoji won. After all, Orpherus beat him earlier in the episode, and if Naoji suddenly gains the ability to defeat Orpherus, wouldn't it mean that he's also a better swordsman than Ludwig?
Old 2004-12-03, 20:15   Link #279
Lanithro
ridiculous dandy

Quote:
I don't think Ludwig would have reacted too well if Naoji won. After all, Orpherus beat him earlier in the episode, and if Naoji suddenly gains the ability to defeat Orpherus, wouldn't it mean that he's also a better swordsman than Ludwig?
But then again, Ludwig's told Naoji off for not having enough self-confidence. And I'm leaning towards Ludwig getting distracted by Naoji turning up leading towards him losing the fight.

And I don't think that Ludwig's that bothered about being the best swordsman- it's more about him beating Orpherus. Naoji is on 'team Ludwig', after all.
Old 2004-12-03, 20:22   Link #280
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

MartAnimE, you'll love the next episode. Looks like...

Spoiler:
Closed Thread