AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2005-01-01, 07:31   Link #141
AnImExFrEaK

i jus watched the 2nd trailer and i have alot of questions

why is ed back in the armor
i thought al and ed were in different worlds
how did they get back together?!
who is the guy in the mask?!

i thought it takes place 2 years after the tv series
this doesnt make sense at all

i thought it would be about them trying to find each other again
AnImExFrEaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 11:38   Link #142
Xie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevLar
I've tried to work that situation out in different ways but I can't get it to feel right. The main objection is that Ed would die/kill so that Al doesn't have to go back to how he was. If Ed was tricked into it he would be so emotionally damaged that the story would have an even greater melodramatic theme than the show. There's one thing we're missing...

Unless Ed figures the way back and someone "hitches a ride" and that causes Al to lose his body. Which would still leave Ed feeling guilty and upset most likely but also gives him somewhere to vent his anger.

Also thinking on this a bit more, if Ed were to return wouldn't that "undo" (for lack of a better word) his sacrafice and that would then put Al back into the armor?

Last edited by Xie; 2005-01-01 at 13:53.
Xie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 11:48   Link #143
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I was thinking, maybe the scenes from the trailer are a flashback of events we never witnessed during the series. Then this... Fight, or whatever is going to come back and play a significant role in Ed reuniting with Al?
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 19:18   Link #144
AnImExFrEaK

it better be a flashback or im guna be so upset
AnImExFrEaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 23:37   Link #145
kagelump

I'm just wondering
is anybody actually going to fly to asia just to watch the movie in theaters once it comes out?
kagelump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 23:52   Link #146
jo_jo14_6
jo_jo14_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnImExFrEaK
i jus watched the 2nd trailer and i have alot of questions

why is ed back in the armor
i thought al and ed were in different worlds
how did they get back together?!
who is the guy in the mask?!

i thought it takes place 2 years after the tv series
this doesnt make sense at all

i thought it would be about them trying to find each other again
I am just as confused as u! All the questions ur askin is exactly what i'm wonderin!

If the thingy is supposed to take place 2 years after the tv series...then how come ed looks like he hasn't changed one bit? The last time we saw him a.k.a the last bit when he was in munich....he looked more mature than how he was when the series started...but here in the trailer...he looks like he got younger.

And it better be a flashback...but then the title is the ruler of shambala or somethin like that....shambala is that little island that was shown in the trailer right? man...i will be so upset if that whole thing they showed isn't a flashback!
jo_jo14_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 02:08   Link #147
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

It was just a side story afterall, kinda sad because it's not the sequel of the series.....
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 11:09   Link #148
Rei_Ikari
More....Morrreee....weeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO
It was just a side story afterall, kinda sad because it's not the sequel of the series.....
Its a ploy by Bones....an EVIL ploy.......first they confuse u by claiming it take place 2 years later giving u hope that there will be a good conclusion...then they show a Trailer which totally sends lightning shocks of..."WTF" into your brain...

A week to the release they'll test the general mood......if they find its less receptive to the show than what they expected they'll delay the screening to let the excitement build up and hopefully get more viewers.......if the general population anticipation is high enough they'll still delay it to get more viewers.......

When u watch the movie you'll find yourself leaving with more questions than when u went in ( the sign of a good movie) and spend the next year poundering what u had just seen......finally when they have made all the money they need they'll announce that there won't be a 2nd movie leaving u cursing and swearing.....
Rei_Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 22:46   Link #149
Whisky

But then again:

"Was the seperation and our pain a price in order to gain something?"
Whisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 02:53   Link #150
KingsofKong

judging from what i saw in the teaser... the movies doesn't corrosponds to the anime.... DAMN.. i wanna know what happen to those guys Ed, AL,.... mr. transformer(wrath??).... and dante and maybe the fat carnivore
KingsofKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 03:45   Link #151
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky
But then again:

"Was the seperation and our pain a price in order to gain something?"
hmm by the looks of that quote and the looks of that trailer, i conclude that Al probably really undo his brother's sacrifice and Ed went back into his unchanged body left behind in the gate. His current body is the other world may not be his actual body at all....

Probably there is some crisis happening and both ed and Al are required to save the world AGAIN and so in desperation Al reversed the alchemy spell...
Old 2005-01-03, 14:40   Link #152
Shike

Well it seems like it will be what really finishes the story, look at Ruroni Kenshin and Samurai X. The fact is the teaser shows that they have rememberence of what happend, or that there is a new pain/older pain suffered. It would seem, though, that there are flashbacks being used which isn't uncommon by any means. What I'm curious about is when he yells that it's "Our World". Does this mean that both are the same in one? Very odd, but hopefull should bring closure to fans of the series. If you liked it as it was and don't seek closure, then don't watch it. For those whom got a sinking depressed feeling, this will give a shred of hope...or that's how I see it anyway....
Shike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 09:27   Link #153
vermilioN

New FullMetal Alchemist Trailer

New FullMetal Alchemist Trailer, just click here.

enjoy
vermilioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 10:32   Link #154
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

It's already, the trailer not the movie, been fansubbed and the torrent appeared on AnimeSuki several days ago...
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 10:38   Link #155
KevLar
ir

Send a message via AIM to KevLar
It's a teaser, it has been fansubbed and there's already a topic for this.
KevLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 03:02   Link #156
Pacote

Fullmetal Alchemist - Conqueror of Shambala

Man... i just loved FMA TV... was waiting AGES for this movie to come on DVD... then today i watched...

What can i say? GOTTA run for the MANGA cause this movie PLAIN SUCKED!!!

MAJOR SPOILERS!!!

Spoiler:
Pacote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 11:01   Link #157
velocity7

Pacote: Honestly, that was quite negative. I for one found the movie very good and very true to the style that the anime took.
Spoiler:

Last edited by velocity7; 2005-12-23 at 12:38.
velocity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 13:53   Link #158
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru
I haven't seen it, but I want to.... I was told that the true ending to the series is the movie...And will it ever make it to the US?
Old 2005-12-26, 03:28   Link #159
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Just watched the movie. I think the that the movie was truthful to TV series' storyline. I liked the ending very much. It made all things clear and it was a bid sad. But that's just what I liked about this ending, it wasn't the happiest nor the saddest one; It was the price they had to pay.

I was never a big fan of FMA but in any case it was entertaining and I am glad that this movie is the end of Full metal Alchemist. It was a very good way to end a fantastic tale.
Old 2005-12-27, 04:22   Link #160
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I didn't think the movie was soley about racism.

Spoiler:
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote