AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: What pairing do YOU want to see in My Otome?
Sergey/Nina 0 0%
Sergey/Arika 0 0%
Nina/Eristen 0 0%
Arika/Eristen 0 0%
Arika/Nina 1 100.00%
Natsuki/Shizuru 0 0%
Sergey/Natsuki 0 0%
Sergey/Shizuru 0 0%
Haruka/Yukino 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-15, 20:57   Link #41
bluegarden

sergey is going to turn her down nicely. i hope so

We've learned from my hime that previews can be very misleading, so since i didin't see the kiss in the preview i know is not going to happen (the only kiss in hime was the tate/shiho and we saw it on the preview). Arika will try, and he will poke her in the forehead. something like that.
Old 2006-01-15, 21:34   Link #42
deathsvengeance
Dreams in Fear

For people saying its too fast for Arika to fall in love with Sergey, from ep 10-ep 14... think back to when you were Arika's age, and how hard and fast you'd "crush" on someone... I remember when I was that age, I was just like that. Besides, its hard to get a time frame in the MO world, they don't exactly give a very good order to things.

I'm not against the Sergey X Arika paring, but I really doubt it'll go anywhere.. I mean, he knows Arika is the true heir to windbloom.. even if he does like her, he won't be able to act on it, and she won't understand.
Old 2006-01-15, 21:41   Link #43
chamelean75

No matter what Sunrise has in store for Arika, there is no saying that after she does her time as a great otome, who says she can't hook up with Sergey? Afterall, seems like a lot of otomes serve their time as one and then fall in love and give it up. Hell, if their love lasts until then, I say why not!
Old 2006-01-15, 23:48   Link #44
lana3007
stuck-up feminist

I will say that when the idea of Sergey and Arika was first introduced, I did get a couple of shivers up my back. BUT the more I see the feelings developed the more I am beginning to get used to the idea. It's not an ideal pairing, but it certainly is getting quite well developed. I perfectly understand the reasons for Arika's feelings for Sergey, and I can almost sense something of a reasonable feeling that he might have for her (which seems mostly paternal at the moment). Will something come out of it? Well, remember that we are watching Mai Otome! After all, Mai Hime pulled off having a nun give up her position to live with a man, so having a relationship with this kind of age gap is not out of their league. And if they manage to justify it by developing the characters' feelings, I will accept it.
Old 2006-01-16, 03:01   Link #45
Icemera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Actually, I think the main issue isn't that they are 10 years apart, but rather because of Arika's current age.

Say, if Arika is 25 and Segey is 35, there wouldn't be so much fuss than now.
Ditto.

I like Sergey so far. The only thing I don't like about this possible relationship is that Arika has become annoying ever since she realizes her crush. I was just thinking that if Sunrise really needs this plot, why can't they make her crushing more likable. Like... somewhat cute and innocent (for a 15-year-old girl like Arika). This is too dramatic for this girl. It feels a bit off. IMHO, they could have saved "Arika going all teary and getting reluctant to pursue her dream" episode until the end of the series even. To show the character's growth or something. Hmm, maybe Sunrise just wants to bring this up and will end it soon? Because Arika becoming an Otome is the whole point of this series?

What the heck, I still hope Sergey will deal with this crushing nicely.
Old 2006-01-16, 13:50   Link #46
asds

Yo ! I am new here and as I was reading this discussion I have decided to take part.

But first thing first ....about the jey in eps 14 it looks more like a kain chain for each member of the council , as the bird at least for me symbolises the pigeon with a plant , as we know pigeon is a sign of peace.

Personally I don't have anything against Arika X sergey pairing. Putting that the guy is 30 the girl 15 it's still a go,I mean even IF there will be a pairing like this later in the series IT DOESN'T mean that they will declaire they love and start having intense relationship. Situation like this is now quiet common and let's not forget that about 100 yrs ago situation like this was a norm

About what's gonna happen in eps 15 I think that Sergey will refuse Arika as he doesn't want to make her choose becoming an otome and him , but propably he will tell her that he sees her only as a child / daughter. That , I presume will be the reason for Arika's cry , but still what the hell about her and Mashiro crying? Smt maybe about getting their hearts broken or smt like that .

And I hope that MAi will come back soon.

And on the last note this green haired chick who tries to get rid of Arika isn't she getting more and more dangerouse?I mean she sent some thughs to RAPE the girl! I can see know what SHizuru meant when she said that they were both the same. But that brown haired - undrling chick- she is getting soon a mental breakdown, Oh i see it soo coming........]

That are only my presumptions , as we know preview can be veryy misleading
Old 2006-01-16, 17:39   Link #47
duster_Fukku
Finally found it

Seriously, the green hair, maybe force her to watch the entire MH will changer her actual enemy. But it would probably freak me out if we get to learn, one day, how much Tomoe learned about Shizuru. She certainly stalked at those crimson eyes a lot more than the fans on this fourm. -jealous or not.....- I feel bad for Arika...

Oh my, we are talking about Sergey and Arika here. Think logically, I don't think Sunrise is gonna make this story an entire yuri anime, KnM. Even though Arika said that herself in the trailer. So from that, I don't mind Sergey and Akira paring. Sounds quiet bad, though, but one thing I cannot bare is how Nina is going to take after she finds out. Let's hope the second OP can show us a little more... neh, maybe not. But if that preview came true to what we thought..... disregard how I like it nor not, I will brust out some scary laughters.
Old 2006-01-16, 18:01   Link #48
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, you can talk about other pairings here too. ^^; No real restraint just Sergay and 'Arinko'.

Y'know, I do want to see something about just how close Mai and Natsuki were in their Coral/Pearl days.
Old 2006-01-16, 19:18   Link #49
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
Y'know, I do want to see something about just how close Mai and Natsuki were in their Coral/Pearl days.
Since the Fire String Ruby storybook doesn't include a chapter on how the Otome in question was eaten by a giant purple six headed squid, I think we can safely say it wasn't that close.
Old 2006-01-16, 20:14   Link #50
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremalkinger
Since the Fire String Ruby storybook doesn't include a chapter on how the Otome in question was eaten by a giant purple six headed squid, I think we can safely say it wasn't that close.
*Kiyohime*, rofl!
Old 2006-01-16, 21:25   Link #51
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Does no one here like Nina x Sergay?

<-------Nina/Sergay fanboy
Old 2006-01-16, 21:36   Link #52
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Does no one here like Nina x Sergay?
I think there are two problems with Nina x Sergay.

The first problem is that I don't have a problem with that.

The second problem is that "any-of-the-younger-girls x Sergay" is going to be a problem to many here due to the possible age differences and the fact that Sergay has emotional influence over some of them (older man manipulating younger girls to do his biding). Plus, we really don’t know if Sergay is one of the “good guys” now do we. The way Sunrise like to twist plots, all bets are off as to who is good and who is truly bad.

Honestly, "Sergay x anyone" will only lead to unnecessary internal violence.
Old 2006-01-16, 21:39   Link #53
Eclipze

True, and I get the feeling that Midori's group (Asward?) isn't really bad afterall, especially when I saw the place Midori apparently was living at. (somewhat like desert town, with somechildren playing). Something like "robin hood" kind of feeling, fighting for the poor in her town etc.

Although the Arika/cliff incident is somewhat speculational...
Old 2006-01-17, 04:14   Link #54
mintyfresh
Altoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsoor
Their relationship makes me watch the show with a fury unbeknownst to man.
This made me laugh..

Mmm, anyhow.
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before or not, but somehow I don't think Arika is actually in love with Sergay. Now, hear me out, this is a... bit of a weird theory..

Perhaps the only reason why Arika's ben acting this way is because she's still connected to Mashiro through the contract they made in episode 7 (oh, I hope this hasn't been mentioned before.. if it has, just ignore this post).
But really, she's only been acting this way over the past few episodes... possibly simultaneously with when Mashiro fell for Takumi. And now this downcast, mopish side of Arika that she showed throught episode 14 parallels with how long Mashiro's been cooped up in her room, so...

I dunno.

That's just the impression I got from reading the next episode synopsis from the webpage, anyhow. ^^;

But on the other hand, as for what's going on in the next episode preview where it looks like Sergay and Arika kiss... Err.. well, I'm leaving that one alone.
Old 2006-01-17, 05:05   Link #55
Pazu
F

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyfresh

Mmm, anyhow.
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before or not, but somehow I don't think Arika is actually in love with Sergay. Now, hear me out, this is a... bit of a weird theory..

Perhaps the only reason why Arika's ben acting this way is because she's still connected to Mashiro through the contract they made in episode 7 (oh, I hope this hasn't been mentioned before.. if it has, just ignore this post).
But really, she's only been acting this way over the past few episodes... possibly simultaneously with when Mashiro fell for Takumi. And now this downcast, mopish side of Arika that she showed throught episode 14 parallels with how long Mashiro's been cooped up in her room, so...

I dunno.

That's just the impression I got from reading the next episode synopsis from the webpage, anyhow. ^^;

But on the other hand, as for what's going on in the next episode preview where it looks like Sergay and Arika kiss... Err.. well, I'm leaving that one alone.
I put few words about it here
These two things fit together - maybe Arika's crush i s so...spectacular, because is also influenced by Mashiro...
well, we will see...or not
Old 2006-01-17, 09:46   Link #56
asds

well , propably the next episode is gonna show what's gonna happen between them.

And as I read above about ninaxsergay that is sick for me!! I mean the guy was raising her as his daughter for 6 yrs, I mean come on! Enough of incest stories.....

As for Arika's love , taking in the fact about " grandmum didn't teach" plus all those love problems around her she may have misunderstood those feelings.

And about Sergey , remember what happened in eps 10 I think, when she had a fever at one point he started to see her as a woman and not child
Old 2006-01-17, 20:21   Link #57
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by asds
well , propably the next episode is gonna show what's gonna happen between them.

And as I read above about ninaxsergay that is sick for me!! I mean the guy was raising her as his daughter for 6 yrs, I mean come on! Enough of incest stories.....

It only makes it incest if they're related (which they *are not*).

--Lone Wolf
Old 2006-01-17, 22:04   Link #58
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I'm sure Nina's well aware of that herself... Still, I think that the latest ep has shot down most 'SergayxRena = baby' theories...^^;

She held her Otome title for 10 years as a Meister. If she graduated at 17 like Akane did...she'd be 27 when lil 'Romeo', I mean, Sergay was in Windbloom at age 11. Now, if a good looking 27 year old Otome can't find a decent enough man around her age that she has to go to an 11 year old foreign exchange student for some lovin' there's something definitely wrong in Windbloom. Add on another 15 years and she's in her 40's.

Sorry, but I'm thinking that Mai is his best bet from here on in. b Although I wouldn't mind if he tried his hand at Natsuki. ^^ Pimp like him, he can handle it. If he got away with that (I mean surviving an irrate Shizuru), I'd worship the man.
Old 2006-01-17, 22:35   Link #59
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
I'm sure Nina's well aware of that herself... Still, I think that the latest ep has shot down most 'SergayxRena = baby' theories...^^;

She held her Otome title for 10 years as a Meister. If she graduated at 17 like Akane did...she'd be 27 when lil 'Romeo', I mean, Sergay was in Windbloom at age 11. Now, if a good looking 27 year old Otome can't find a decent enough man around her age that she has to go to an 11 year old foreign exchange student for some lovin' there's something definitely wrong in Windbloom. Add on another 15 years and she's in her 40's.
Akane is 16, I think, she's only 1 year older than Arika cs.

If Sergay is indeed 25 now, according to one article, then he would be 9 prior to Rena's pregnancy, when he had pictures with her.

But other than the chars ages, you're right, the fact that Rena actually got married completely shot down SergayxRena.

Quote:
Sorry, but I'm thinking that Mai is his best bet from here on in. b Although I wouldn't mind if he tried his hand at Natsuki. ^^ Pimp like him, he can handle it. If he got away with that (I mean surviving an irrate Shizuru), I'd worship the man.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-18, 05:49   Link #60
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchDragon
Spoiler:

In regards to the 'spoiler' on the HiME manga, passed 'on' or passed 'up'...? I'm sorry - the "You are my Slave-kun!!!" just floored me right there. That and the 'Birthday Present that Never Happened' - thank goodness, the ShizNat fans would have been up in arms over that.

Now, I wonder who the lucky sob - err, man - who Rena married. And what will poor Ni~na-chan do when she finds out that the inheritor of the Blue Sky Sapphire is none other than herself:

"But I don't look good in pink~! Let Arika keep it, please! I really don't care anymore!"

Sad to say, I think that MO needs another 'strong' male character who's relatively single too. ^^; HiME had Reito and Musashi to contrast to Yuuichi but who does Sergay really have as any 'competition' in Otome?
Nagi's out of the question, especially when he's on his 'I'm evil now, don't bother me' streak.
Takumi's strong in Otome, but we know he's not single. Akira will kill you in your sleep.
Closed Thread