AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-18, 20:15   Link #321
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Can someone perhaps explain what the Elephant and Mouse syndrome that Akiho has? I'm kinda lost on what it exactly is.
Old 2012-10-18, 22:46   Link #322
leokiko

So it's a fictional syndrom?
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 23:02   Link #323
Ghanw
(-_-)

^Basically, how long do you guys think this series will go, will it be a one whole wrap up from begining to end or another season.
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 23:14   Link #324
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanw View Post
^Basically, how long do you guys think this series will go, will it be a one whole wrap up from begining to end or another season.
I think this show will take the same format as Steins;Gate (22 episode). This show is very complex and merely building the plot until it begin to kick-ass is incredibly hard. Separating it into two different seasons would just ruin the entire story.

Last edited by Insane; 2012-10-19 at 01:29.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 00:37   Link #325
HandofFate

that syndrome is kind of weird.

I like the main girl's genki-ness, but everything else isn't really grabbing me.
Old 2012-10-19, 01:28   Link #326
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Looks like the plot is starting to unravel.

Elephant and Mouse syndrome is a weird name for a time-perception-based sickness, though. The only connection I can find is that it is a response to a particular stimulus, and the response overrides every command given to the brain to a particular extent, just like how elephants would do whatever it takes to get away from a mouse on sight.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 05:09   Link #327
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Looks like the plot is starting to unravel.

Elephant and Mouse syndrome is a weird name for a time-perception-based sickness, though. The only connection I can find is that it is a response to a particular stimulus, and the response overrides every command given to the brain to a particular extent, just like how elephants would do whatever it takes to get away from a mouse on sight.
Is there really a time perception based sickness in reality? That's news to me.

Anyway, it's a good episode.

I have to ask. How in the world does anyone operate that controller? It's way too complicated. It might be better for them to create a new simpler version.
Old 2012-10-19, 05:36   Link #328
Insane
Banned

Spoiler for Poster of the three main heroines:
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 06:52   Link #329
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Can someone perhaps explain what the Elephant and Mouse syndrome that Akiho has? I'm kinda lost on what it exactly is.
I assume it has the name it does because elephants being much more long-lived perceive time differently than mice (see “Charlotte’s Web” for another example).
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 07:16   Link #330
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

orpheus2: Not what I meant, but the Wikipedia article on time perception reveals some interesting info, particularly that Guardian Enzo is has a point about the relationship between lifepan and temporal perception.

The article also says that persons with attention deficit disorder have an altered perception of time, but the problem is that it needs citations.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 09:48   Link #331
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

It seems that this fictional syndrome isn't simply a common alteration of how people estimate the passing of time.

Akiho actually sees everything going fastforward, which is not something that commonly happens.
This might be explained with something that affects her brain and makes it run slower, although I don't think it's realistically possible... apart from some kind of retardant in the synapses activation maybe?
But considering this is a X;Y series the explanation could be as well quantistic and\or relativistic rather than biological.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 10:20   Link #332
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The second episode was as boring as the first. The characters remain uninteresting and bland despite an attempt at giving them some depths. A very nice snorefest so far. Hope it's going to get more interesting soon.
Old 2012-10-19, 10:20   Link #333
ookamigirl

Working on a small robot for the tournament.
Getting parts for it was a pain.
Doc was a hard nut to crack..
Kai just plays that game all the time.
Wonder how much he'll contribute in the tournament.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 11:32   Link #334
Byakou

I supposed Kai's purpose is to be the operator, he probably will be great at it. Cause otherwise he's really not contributing.

The "I refuse" guy looks like he's actually interested in how the robotics club is going. I think he might join at some point.

This was another slow episode. I look forward to seeing the robot competition.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 11:45   Link #335
Midonin
Last Engage

R;N 02 - Because I'm a Robot! I'm a Machine Without Fear!

I definitely want to see Yayoi and Akiho together in some fashion. The negotiation for the robot parts was interesting, but I get the feeling Doc is one of those characters that will do something big later on in the series. He's got connections and the things they need. Akiho's disease is definitely on the odd side, but I do like that it (mostly) doesn't interfere with her passion. Another similarity - she may be a hyper robot fangirl, but when it comes to actually controlling one... her skills could use a little work. Robots, big or small, are still pretty awesome. I wonder how much Tanegashi's story will tie into the story of the really big one they're making out in the garage.

Also, I'm interested in Junna, partially because of her VA. Always glad to see Sora Tokui getting more work. Now if only Mikoi Sasaki showed up in something new, everything would be cool.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 11:58   Link #336
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm enjoying this (enough) partly because of the way the male main character keeps refusing to do things but obviously loves (friend or more) the female MC.

But maybe I'm well-disposed here largely because this is the best I've ever heard Nanjou Yoshino do. I never thought she was that great a seiyuu. I enjoyed her in fripSide more. But for me, she is actually bringing the character alive. She was good in Joshiraku, too, so perhaps she is just getting better.

And I like her looks and her style (see avatar). She is extremely active (although not desperately interesting) on twitter (@nanjolno).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 12:58   Link #337
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I’m actually pretty annoyed when Kai continuously refused to help in front of Akiho. Instead, he’s just playing games on and on. I swear he rivaled that notorious Katsuragi Keima from TWGOK for their obsession toward games (at least Kai isn’t obsessed with galge ). Still, it’s nice when he actually did something (shady deals with the store owner & earnestly helping Akiho when she fell ill). This show has potential.
Old 2012-10-19, 13:48   Link #338
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakou View Post
The "I refuse" guy looks like he's actually interested in how the robotics club is going. I think he might join at some point.
He'll join for sure. You see him in the prelude of the first episode doing the countdown. Also Doc's granddaughter is there, plus another girl that has yet to show up.
Well, the opening is already straightforward about who will end up becoming a club member.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 14:36   Link #339
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
That was a much better episode than the first one. I don't get why people see the main characters bland, what do they expect?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 15:00   Link #340
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I like the main girl's genki-ness, but everything else isn't really grabbing me.
I feel the same way actually. I really like the main girl, she's just so wacky. Without her I probably wouldn't be interested in this show, oh and I'm still digging her hairstyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
That was a much better episode than the first one. I don't get why people see the main characters bland, what do they expect?
Maybe they were expecting something more exciting? I see a lot of talk about Steins Gate, I never watched the show but I think I did check out the first episode. Since there's so much talk about it here, I might try and watch it again since i do like the art style. I don't even remember why I didn't like it..
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction