Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-26, 17:41   Link #1301
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Naruto is definitely overrated, there is no denying that but I don't think it's the worst ever. In fact, if Naruto had no fillers, it becomes quite a solid show to watch.
Personally I find Naruto is more suited for reading material as opposed to watching it on TV (that's why I still follow the manga) but yeah I chuckle everytime I hear people derail that series so heavily. Not that the many loud obnoxious fans that it spawned sometimes don't warrant it but there's been worse series out there. Overrated I think is a good way to sum up Naruto.

However I must disagree on one thing...even ignoring the filler you have the pacing of Shippuden which I felt was the real killer for me...literally...it was to the point that I dropped Shippuden before it even got to a filler arc. At least with the never-ending fillers I was either able to look elsewhere for my anime fix or even take a break from watching anime period but painfully dragging on the source material at points was killing me. I might go back to it one day and see if it actually improved since my time away from it but it won't be easy convincing myself to do it
Old 2009-08-26, 18:22   Link #1302
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
Before anyone misunderstands, I'm not saying Naruto is the worst anime there is! Yes, there are anime which I consider worse than Naruto. But I'm just saying that it gets tiring when the fans are overrating it like its the best anime there is. I've seen better anime. I'm not against your opinions on the show, either. Its just like how the movie Twilight is becoming overrated and fangirls saying its the best movie there is, even though there are alot of movies that are way better. I'm not saying Twilight is the worst movie there is, but the fact the people are overhyping it is annoying. But then again, I do know that not all fanboys and fangirls of Naruto and Twilight are like that. I mean, if someone says Naruto is the greatest anime ever even before watching it then something is wrong, don't you think?

Last edited by KongZilla; 2009-08-26 at 18:41.
Old 2009-08-26, 18:56   Link #1303
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlson View Post
However I must disagree on one thing...even ignoring the filler you have the pacing of Shippuden which I felt was the real killer for me...literally...it was to the point that I dropped Shippuden before it even got to a filler arc. At least with the never-ending fillers I was either able to look elsewhere for my anime fix or even take a break from watching anime period but painfully dragging on the source material at points was killing me. I might go back to it one day and see if it actually improved since my time away from it but it won't be easy convincing myself to do it
Regardless, even when they dragged on the source material, the content itself is solid enough to watch, you feel it is dragged on because you read the manga but it ends up being subjective. There are people that have only been exposed to the anime such as myself, but not everyone that watches Naruto follows the manga. I agree that the manga itself is very good (from the couple of chapters I've read,) but in the end it's just a difference in opinions. I checked up on what was filler material and even when they dragged it out, I found myself watching it none-the-less and I enjoyed it.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-08-26, 19:37   Link #1304
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I had already forgotten about it, but Mai's avatar and sig made me remember it again; They made me remember My Otome.

As a fan of My HiME, I seriously tried to enjoy it, wich only make me hate the thing even more. The way they keep teasing people with Mai's shadow in the credits was just plain evil. >_<
I was the other way round mai-hime bored me to death where as I enjoyed mai-otome.
Old 2009-08-26, 19:41   Link #1305
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Regardless, even when they dragged on the source material, the content itself is solid enough to watch, you feel it is dragged on because you read the manga but it ends up being subjective. There are people that have only been exposed to the anime such as myself, but not everyone that watches Naruto follows the manga. I agree that the manga itself is very good (from the couple of chapters I've read,) but in the end it's just a difference in opinions. I checked up on what was filler material and even when they dragged it out, I found myself watching it none-the-less and I enjoyed it.
Nah, I'm an anime-only Naruto watcher and I have to agree that some bits of Shippuden were insanely dragged out (and obviously that the fillers are what turns Naruto away from being an great anime to just being a pretty decent one). Still I have to say that Naruto's story isn't bad, it's actually quite good for it's gender and I enjoy watching it.
Old 2009-08-26, 19:42   Link #1306
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
I was the other way round mai-hime bored me to death where as I enjoyed mai-otome.
OMFG... here we go again

Actually, both are good but I prefer HiME personally. My opinion! ^_^
Old 2009-08-26, 20:10   Link #1307
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Nah, I'm an anime-only Naruto watcher and I have to agree that some bits of Shippuden were insanely dragged out (and obviously that the fillers are what turns Naruto away from being an great anime to just being a pretty decent one). Still I have to say that Naruto's story isn't bad, it's actually quite good for it's gender and I enjoy watching it.
Which is why I said it was subjective Some will enjoy it and some will not, but the dragged out parts of the canon material didn't bother me at all, only the full head-on fillers are what really annoy me. I still wouldn't call this anime great even without the fillers, like I stated before, more like a solid watch or a decent one.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-08-27, 03:15   Link #1308
qwertyuiopz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlson View Post

episodes recently have been covering at least 3 chapters for the past weeks
last weeks deidara fight was awesome :O

but i do agree on u that naruto manga > anime
Old 2009-08-27, 03:20   Link #1309
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Which is why I said it was subjective Some will enjoy it and some will not, but the dragged out parts of the canon material didn't bother me at all, only the full head-on fillers are what really annoy me. I still wouldn't call this anime great even without the fillers, like I stated before, more like a solid watch or a decent one.
Quite frankly I view the whole anime as a piss-poor adaptation. Did you freaking see that Gai vs clone fight? I'm mainly a manga reader and only watch the anime episodes when it's decent.
Old 2009-08-27, 05:17   Link #1310
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuiopz View Post
episodes recently have been covering at least 3 chapters for the past weeks
last weeks deidara fight was awesome :O

but i do agree on u that naruto manga > anime
3 chapters per episode, now that's more like it. Quite a step up in pacing when you go from 10 chapters being covered in 6 episodes (yes I'm referring to the sasori fight here) to that. That certainly breathes some signs of life into the anime series for me no doubt, I'll think about giving it another chance after I do some much needed catching up with other series first
Old 2009-08-27, 12:32   Link #1311
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Quite frankly I view the whole anime as a piss-poor adaptation. Did you freaking see that Gai vs clone fight? I'm mainly a manga reader and only watch the anime episodes when it's decent.
Well this sort of thing happens when they get a franchise they can just wring money from constantly by extending it for this long, it's a mainstream anime and it always happens, sadly enough.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-08-28, 10:31   Link #1312
Sa-sei

The second season of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It made me so mad, with all those Endless Eight episodes. It was like an endless torture even for me.
Old 2009-08-28, 10:52   Link #1313
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa-sei View Post
The second season of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It made me so mad, with all those Endless Eight episodes. It was like an endless torture even for me.
I think that was the goal there, so viewers would have some idea what it was like for Nagato.
Old 2009-08-28, 13:57   Link #1314
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
I think that was the goal there, so viewers would have some idea what it was like for Nagato.
Didn't need 8 episodes to get that point across though; 3 episodes would've been fine. I thought the idea of looping a few times was an interesting way of presenting that arc but after E83 it was just blatent trolling and eating away my patience for it to get back to the main story.
Old 2009-08-28, 16:27   Link #1315
Sa-sei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
I became a fan of Nagato after that
Still, it was just boring, you could tell what Kyon had to do from the beginning. Lucky for me, I started watching after all of those episodes were aired. I mostly skipped them. I still watch the series though.
Old 2009-08-28, 17:08   Link #1316
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: It was so cliched; I could guess what would happen all the time....can't believe I actually wasted my life watching this.

Saki: KNEES THAT BLUSH. 'Nuff said.

Naruto Shippuuden: OH MY GOD. Never had I needed to fast forward through an entire episode before. Worse part is: nothing happens. The fillers killed it for me, or else I still could be watching it for the sake of it being so popular.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2009-08-30, 13:45   Link #1317
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

There's My-HiME and I'd say that even it is not the worst anime I've ever seen, its ending destroys every tragic moments that took place.... and all remained Mikoto playing with Mai's breast or Shiziru teasing Natsuki (--> "funny hahaha"... or not).
So the show became useless --> frizbee.

School Days was something, too... Nothing in the characters relationship and reactions made sense ("You're my best friend's boyfriend... so I'll sleep with you as long as you like if you swear to not betray her" -> )... But yeah, the ending was quite funny.

Negima?! : Shinbo can one of the most creative and talented director out there... his not a magician that can turn mud to gold. Same to be said with Maria Holic or the incoming nude loli vampire whatever. A waste of talent.

Saint Seiya Hades and Inferno : copy paste of the manga with no improvement or animation. Useless.
Old 2009-08-30, 16:26   Link #1318
Isekaijin

Love Hina and Macross 7. I hated those two pieces of rubbish.

And, indeed they're frisbees now.
Old 2009-08-30, 18:49   Link #1319
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
Love Hina and Macross 7. I hated those two pieces of rubbish.

And, indeed they're frisbees now.
Are a hardcore Macross fan? Because as a neutral Macross fan I found it very enjoyable and fun. And of course Basara was a great character imo.
Old 2009-08-30, 19:27   Link #1320
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla View Post
There's My-HiME and I'd say that even it is not the worst anime I've ever seen, its ending destroys every tragic moments that took place.... and all remained Mikoto playing with Mai's breast or Shiziru teasing Natsuki (--> "funny hahaha"... or not).
So the show became useless --> frizbee.
As much as I like the series, yeah, they could have given it a slightly better ending, though I feel that the show is great and I'm obviously a huge (and I mean HUGE) fan of it. But I have nothing against your opinions though. There are things we like and there are things we don't like.
Closed Thread