AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-02-15, 18:00   Link #1
myoga
village idiot

Ddr

I may be new here,but im a long time anime fan,and yet i noticed that you haven't mentioned this,considering every anime convention ive been to,they have had DDR (Dance Dance Revelution) compotitions,yet,you havent mentioned that game from what i saw.
myoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 18:41   Link #2
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Well, the games section is pretty new...it was added only within the past week...so there wouldn't be too many threads talking about it...

as for myself...i can't dance...i have no rythmn...so playing DDR is out of the question
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 18:42   Link #3
daliinn

Thats partly because the games forum is fairly new. It was just created the other day.

I have noticed that there is a huge DDR craze, i don't really see whats so great about it, but iv never played it so i have no place to argue.
daliinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 20:25   Link #4
GipFace

I'm not too bad from a casual standpoint ... passing most single 8 footers and a bunch of single 9s. For double, I can do up to 6.

Although from a competitive standpoint, I suck because I can't do a sustained perfect attack too well. I usually have a 75/25 perfect/great ratio.

Have I passed any Oni courses? Nah (but I've come close on Naoki Standard). Have I passed any of the Max songs on Heavy? Nah.

Meh, I don't see why people hype DDR over the rest of the Bemani games so much. I personally like BeatMania better, hee hee.
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 12:59   Link #5
myoga
village idiot

i admit i suck,but i have met more people who have goten over 300 perfect on end of the century than i have colecting and owning 30 love hina graphic novels(its bad enogh i know one)
Old 2004-02-16, 13:35   Link #6
ShadowX114
is my nickname

DRR my fav arcade game. I`v been playing it for exactly one year. I`m not that good but im not bad either. But I love this game I spend around 10$ each time I go, each game costs 75cents. heh i know its 2 much but I like to shake it
ShadowX114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 14:01   Link #7
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
DDR was really big 2 years ago, but I've noticed that people are starting to lose intrest. Kids still play it non-stop though. I like watching them dump 10 bucks into a ddr machine and go at it. Have you seen what the new thing that they are coming out with ? Karaoke Revolution. Thats right Karaoke..... If this goes into the arcades it will be the FUNNIEST thing that I've ever seen. Specially the part where you laugh your ass off at the people who cant sing .
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 14:16   Link #8
lavalyn

I firmly place those blasted 20 pounds on that DDR machine.

As silly as it may be, I continue to play that game, easily burning $20/wk, but it does seem to work
lavalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 15:31   Link #9
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Before I first tried it, I wasn't really excited about DDR, but from the time I began to play, I've become a DDR-addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiL Eighty
Have you seen what the new thing that they are coming out with ? Karaoke Revolution. Thats right Karaoke..... If this goes into the arcades it will be the FUNNIEST thing that I've ever seen. Specially the part where you laugh your ass off at the people who cant sing .
Oh really?! o_O' That might be funny indeed!

I'd like to try it ^^;
Old 2004-02-16, 18:00   Link #10
RichMan
????

I used to like playing DDR alot, I used to be able to do 5-6 foot songs(Trick), but one day my dog bit up the cable to my home dance pad I just stopped playing and I never did play at golfland too much so I just stopped. I did buy another dance pad, but for some reason I just don't feel like playing much anymore. Here are the DDR games I got(there all for PS1):

Dance Dance Revolution (first one, english)
Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix (japanese)
Dance Dance Revolution 4th Mix (japanese)
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 18:08   Link #11
ShadowX114
is my nickname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan
Before I first tried it, I wasn't really excited about DDR, but from the time I began to play, I've become a DDR-addicted

Same thing happened to me. When I saw it, I said ill give it a try but after my first game, It became my fav. arcade game for a year. so Initial D became my 2nd fav.
Old 2004-02-16, 18:11   Link #12
ShadowX114
is my nickname

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMan
I used to like playing DDR alot, I used to be able to do 5-6 foot songs(Trick), but one day my dog bit up the cable to my home dance pad I just stopped playing and I never did play at golfland too much so I just stopped. I did buy another dance pad, but for some reason I just don't feel like playing much anymore. Here are the DDR games I got(there all for PS1):

Dance Dance Revolution (first one, english)
Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix (japanese)
Dance Dance Revolution 4th Mix (japanese)

It's nice to have a DDR at home. You can practice whenever you want. Even if the arcade is better, its still nice. My cousin has DDR Ultramix on the Xbox but he still didn't buy the dance pad. When he will, his house is gonna be a paradise for me
Old 2004-02-16, 19:08   Link #13
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Personally, the fun part of DDR is creating new moves
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 09:40   Link #14
myoga
village idiot

from what i saw,everyone who has replyed here likes DDR more or less,but what do you feel about para para dancing,(if youve hered of it)its made from the same company.
Old 2004-02-17, 10:28   Link #15
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Urgh...

Para para is NOT a Konami invention - it's an attempt to hop on to a popular form of dance in Japan at the time. Unfortunately for Konami, they released Para Para Paradise (Para Para Dancing in Korea) as the dance was phasing out - the game performed dismally in sales, and only barely made it to a 2nd incarnation (which was not only graphically inferior, it was also never released as a home version).

Since it was targetted to the para para mainstream, the game lacks any kind of difficulty. I was easily passing the most difficult sequences within hours of the first play. And even then, I could have just flailed my arms randomly to pass it, the machine couldn't have cared less about the timing. The sensors are inaccurate to the point that there is no technical value to the game, and the game quite simply gets old fast.
Old 2004-02-17, 13:19   Link #16
myoga
village idiot

so right,but the real scary part abot it is not that its easy,but some people who acctualy get into the game (unbelivably more like it)look,for lack of a better word, queer
Old 2004-02-18, 00:37   Link #17
Funnylink

Send a message via AIM to Funnylink
Quote:
Originally Posted by myoga
so right,but the real scary part abot it is not that its easy,but some people who acctualy get into the game (unbelivably more like it)look,for lack of a better word, queer
You dont know how many people you just pissed off . Now when no one likes you in the forum dont come looking to me for an answer :fingers:
Funnylink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 01:21   Link #18
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
I LOVE DDR!! I remember watching everyone at Otakon playing when everyone was stuck in this little small room. I loved it so much that I bought the 1st English release and the pads. Afterwards I also purchased the rest of the American releases as well as the Japanese versions that ranged from the 2nd mix to the 5th mix. I'm still saving up money to get a converter to acquire the last 3 Japanese versions.
juri_miki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 09:44   Link #19
myoga
village idiot

i understand that i may have made some people angry,but when i saw someone who was REALY into it,they looked a little odd.then again,i think it may hae been the same person i saw cosplaying as a maid at a convention.(no offence ment to anyone.i forgot to add this note on my last post and i appologise)
Old 2004-02-18, 10:11   Link #20
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
my sisters love the game- Personally i have no opinion of it- it's a good a idea for a game, im just way to stiff to play ;p
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote