AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-12-24, 09:59   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 477 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---
Chapter Status: Full Spoilers released

Quote:
-Sasuke and Danzou continue to fight. Susano'o proves to be ineffective at capturing/killing Danzou .

-Sasuke attempts Amaterasu, only to fail.

-Karin looks at Sasuke's chakra/feels Sasuke's chakra, and realizes that he is not in a genjutsu...

-Danzou uses a wind technique to force Sasuke off of the bridge they are fighting on. As he fails...I mean falls, he summons a Hawk (In one of the most screwed up lines in the series to date, Madara even comments on this surprising development...).

-one of Danzou's Sharingan eyes close....

-Danzou comments on Itachi and Sasuke wasting the sacrifice of the Uchiha Clan. Danzou then attacks with another Wind technique, only for Sasuke to evade, and cut-off Danzou's arm...only for it to disappear after it is cut-off.

-Another Sharingan eye closes.

-Finally, Sasuke uses Tsukuyomi (presumably), and has Itachi appear to kill Danzou...
There is no chapter until at least January 11th. Please do not ask for new spoiler until at least January 10th...

Last edited by james0246; 2009-12-30 at 21:51.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 10:04   Link #2
SeanQ

Wow...that is really random, even for Sasuke...
Old 2009-12-24, 10:07   Link #3
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
So Itachi is a part of Tsukuyomi right? Anyway, I can't believe Danzou's finished already, we didn't get to experience the usability of that Sharingan-covered arm.
Old 2009-12-24, 10:10   Link #4
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
So Itachi is a part of Tsukuyomi right? Anyway, I can't believe Danzou's finished already, we didn't get to experience the usability of that Sharingan-covered arm.
Sharingan arm is still there. It was only a an illusion that it was cut-off.

As to whether or not Itachi is a Tsukuyomi illusion (it is undoubtedly some sort of illusion)...well that is the most likely interpretation...unless Kishimoto has really jumped the shark and brought Itachi back to life...
Old 2009-12-24, 10:10   Link #5
SeanQ

It's weird that Sasuke can't even see through the illusions...maybe the arm is firing off like 20 illusions...
Old 2009-12-24, 10:12   Link #6
Rahan

We don't know if it's Tsukiyomi. It looks exactly like Itachi's crow genjutsu.

And Danzou is Sharingan Kazuzu. Every time he should die, he loses an eye. Of course, there are variations, he doesn't die on the spot, he is "projected" unhurt to a new location with one more eye shut on his arm.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 10:20   Link #7
james0246

^Thanks for the update. I was unsure of that part of the spoiler...so it's not that Danzou is out-genjutsuing Sasuke, it's that he has a 'get-out-of-jail-free-card' that he constantly uses...that seems ridiculously weak...

As for the end illusion...it's obviously not Itachi himself, so it has to be a fairly high ranking genjutsu (though the Karasu technique does appear to be used by Sasuke), and since Tsukuyomi is arguably the only MS technique that Sasuke's hasn't been shown to fully use, it makes some amount of sense for the technique to be used now (if for no other reason than to show Sasuke using the technique).

Last edited by james0246; 2009-12-24 at 10:38.
Old 2009-12-24, 10:24   Link #8
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Oh man, Itachi? Why must the Uchiha Saint be desecrated so? And Sasuke has hawk summons now? Really? I guess he could have gotten the contract while we were watching Naruto fight Pain but still, this is something that should be explained. At least Danzou is proving himself at least capable of fighting on somewhat equal footing in a genjutsu battle.
Old 2009-12-24, 10:26   Link #9
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Thanks for the update. I was unsure of that part of the spoiler...
Well, full script is already out ...
It's not said clearly, but it's heavily implied since he loses an eye after every attack. I hope Kishi won't make it an obvious secret like he did with Nagato's existence. (I mean, how obvious was it that there was a 7th body ?)
Old 2009-12-24, 10:30   Link #10
Aqua Knight

Wasn't it supposed to be a break this week?
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 10:33   Link #11
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
Wasn't it supposed to be a break this week?
Yes, but next week chapter was leaked early.
It means we'll get a 2-weeks long break now instead of 2 1-week long break with a chapter (477) between them
Old 2009-12-24, 10:35   Link #12
Aqua Knight

That's much better because on holiday you have much more interesting stuff.

On-topic:

What the heck is danzou if Sasuke's attack just miss?
Old 2009-12-24, 12:44   Link #13
Ero-Senn1n

I think that the power to fly was given to Sasuke because he will control the tailed demons that fight the ninja world alliance from above so that he cannot be reached by most of the ninjas and is safe from the AOE attacks of his demons. Similarily to Deidara, who was able to destroy people from the air without sand ninjas ever being able to reach him. Also by using such a summon Sasuke can escape by unsummoning himself, like he did with Manda.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 14:27   Link #14
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Is it Danzou summoning the hawk or Sasuke?!
Old 2009-12-24, 14:31   Link #15
Aqua Knight

It's Sasuke who does it.
Old 2009-12-24, 15:15   Link #16
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Thanks 17th

Well damn. I'd have preferred if it was Danzou. Now Sasuke is gonna

Spoiler for my initial thoughts...:
Old 2009-12-24, 16:29   Link #17
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

^Nice one.

So he goes from pouring snakes out from all over his orifice's to summoning a hawk all of a sudden? What the shit...
Old 2009-12-24, 16:49   Link #18
Kafriel
Senior Guest

From the Uchiha hideout, I would have expected Sasuke to have a contract with foxes or cats, him summoning hawks is very weird...unless he is using Juugo's blood for the summon, since the latter has a bird affinity.
Quote:
What the heck is danzou if Sasuke's attack just miss?
I don't think they miss, more like Danzou is a boss with 20+1 lives, and an extra one for Shisui's sharingan. Very hard to kill, especially without cheating

Last edited by Kafriel; 2009-12-24 at 17:37.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 17:30   Link #19
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
From the Uchiha hideout, I would have expected Sasuke to have a contract with foxes or cats, him summoning hawks is very weird...unless he is using Juugo's blood for the summon, since the latter has a bird affinity.
I think Kishi is giving Sasuke flight because Naruto will eventually learn a wind style jutsu that will let him fly, making their final battle an aerial one. Or Sasuke will use his hawks to fly to the moon and stop Madara.
Old 2009-12-24, 17:31   Link #20
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Him having a contract with hawks has been predicted every since he betrayed Orochimaru, he described himself as a hawk and Oro as a snake that can do nothing but admire it. Madara asked himself whether Sasuke will shed his serpentine scales and emerge a hawk then he renamed his team Hawk so the whole Hawk thing has been his theme for a while.

Wont be suprised if he starts doing Itachi like illusions using hawks

Quote:
I don't think they miss, more like Madara is a boss with 20+1 lives, and an extra one for Shisui's sharingan. Very hard to kill, especially without cheating
I think you mean Danzou but I agree, in some games there is a boss with like over 5 or so eyes and you cant attack them until you take out those eyes. Sasuke is like Link versus the boss of the Shadow Temple

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote