AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-18, 10:27   Link #2181
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Yosh-to!

Part VI of Mai's Profile up, detailing spells and abilities:

Spoiler for length:
Chaos references, and quite a few variations of the Doom Bolt. But.... *starts flailing arms* No Winds of Chaos?

Smith & Wesson have ripped the page with 'sublety' out of their dictionairy, haven't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I was also under the wrong impressions. Come to think of it, I'm going to write my own drama segment soon. About Keroko, I'll give her a more bubbly and girlish attitude when she hears about the new equipment to help you out in ironing out her image.
Please do, I'll try to get the fluff scene to paper in the meanwhile.

Quote:
*noted again* Hmhm. She'll definitely hate the Einst Glied series. They're basically armored tentacle salads that spouts lasers from their faces.
Armored... tentacle salads?

No... She'll definetely not like that....

Quote:
I can almost imagine it now. Though it includes a part about Kha saying something that prompts Keroko to pound him again.
*muffles a few chuckles with coughs*

Quote:
Well, she has no inhibitions whatsoever... she slice you in half in a blink if you cross her lest your name is Glock, Smith, Wesson or Maxim
That sounds awefully familiar... Oh yes, Keroko is definetely recognising herself in this girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
Hrm...Health Drink + Mabiko = ...

1) Brief KO + late deployment with SS+ natural power rank...
2) Long KO + no immediate benefits...save for building up drink immunity...
3) Brief tail bristle + Dark side Mabiko...

take your pick...
3. Dark Mabiko? yup, definetely 3.

Speaking of health drinks....

Keroko: Ah? Is everyone hanging around here? Ah! great, drinks, I'm thirsy.
Nanoha/Kha: Kero-!
Keroko: *Downs the entire drink in one go*
Nanoha/Kha: *Stare with a large sweatdrop*
Keroko: *puts down the glass, only then does the taste starts to register* Don't tell me... Liana's health drink?
Nanoha/Kha: *nod sadly*
Keroko: Ah... So ka... *stumbles back outside*
Kha: *sighs* I'll get her a double lunch. She's going to need it after she's finished emptying her stomach.
Old 2007-06-18, 10:29   Link #2182
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Nice abilities there Following my usual self I wanted to start a discussion about the power of Chaos Illusions and means against them but then mentioned the part about the necessity of eye contact

Now we need to see Mai in action
Now you want to compare against a cute-goth-loli-with-a-chainsaw-staff-and-terrifying-power?

Quote:
Well, she has no inhibitions whatsoever... she slice you in half in a blink if you cross her lest your name is Glock, Smith, Wesson or Maxim

Quote:
So what were you going to discuss anyways? Serge wanna take on Mai and her illusions?
He'd be trying something definitely dangerous. Killer lolis are extremely deadly when coupled with the MOE! Barrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Please do, I'll try to get the fluff scene to paper in the meanwhile.
Gladly. I'll put in some roller-coaster jokes as well.

Quote:
Armored... tentacle salads?

No... She'll definitely not like that....
I thought so. I think we'll be seeing a lot of ICB's in the I-n's arc.

Quote:
*muffles a few chuckles with coughs*
Hey, Artherion would enjoy that.

Quote:

Keroko: *puts down the glass, only then does the taste starts to register* Don't tell me... Liana's health drink?
Kha: *sighs* I'll get her a double lunch. She's going to need it after she's finished emptying her stomach.
Another poor soul.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-06-18, 10:31   Link #2183
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
So what were you going to discuss anyways? Serge wanna take on Mai and her illusions?
Well, Serge has no reasons to confront Mai. The same goes for her I think. Her relationship with a powerful Lost Logia may be the only thing that could get SSD's interest, but Serge's group in particular has other things to do. Anyway, isn't Glock somehow related to the Intelligence Department?

Regarding fighting illusions, aside from VA reference , Serge doesn't need to keep his eyes open participating in a magical duel
Old 2007-06-18, 10:47   Link #2184
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Chaos references, and quite a few variations of the Doom Bolt. But.... *starts flailing arms* No Winds of Chaos?

Smith & Wesson have ripped the page with 'sublety' out of their dictionairy, haven't they?

That sounds awefully familiar... Oh yes, Keroko is definetely recognising herself in this girl.
I'm trying to reference W40K, not make it a full-fledged 40K... although, I think I've already crossed that line with the Necrons And Smith and Wesson are about as subtle as a nuclear bomb

And... how should Keroko and Mai meet anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko

May the Light of the God Empress Bless her Taste.. amen.

Quote:
Now you want to compare against a cute-goth-loli-with-a-chainsaw-staff-and-terrifying-power?

He'd be trying something definitely dangerous. Killer lolis are extremely deadly when coupled with the MOE! Barrier.
Do Lolicon lure tactics even work on Serge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R
Another poor soul.
And more to come once IT has been MASS PRODUCED!!!!

Spoiler for Instant Death:

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Well, Serge has no reasons to confront Mai. The same goes for her I think. Her relationship with a powerful Lost Logia may be the only thing that could get SSD's interest, but Serge's group in particular has other things to do. Anyway, isn't Glock somehow related to the Intelligence Department?

Regarding fighting illusions, aside from VA reference , Serge doesn't need to keep his eyes open participating in a magical duel
Yep, asides for curiosity reasons (aka Will Aether Threads work on Chaos Magic), or something along those lines, no reason Mai will want to fight... unless Serge somehow says something incredibly crass for some reason and forces Mai to summon a Greater Demon of Korn

And yes he is, although the 79th has their own Investigations Team, making them incredibly autonomous.

Cocky are we?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-18, 11:11   Link #2185
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I'm trying to reference W40K, not make it a full-fledged 40K... although, I think I've already crossed that line with the Necrons And Smith and Wesson are about as subtle as a nuclear bomb

And... how should Keroko and Mai meet anyway?
Hmm... I'll get back on that.

Quote:

They... they mass produced it?

Keroko won't have any motivation to even try eating lunch at this rate.
Old 2007-06-18, 11:18   Link #2186
Aaron008R

Quote:
Tell me about it. They can't last five minutes without invoking Mai's wrath.

Quote:
Do Lolicon lure tactics even work on Serge?
You think he's immune?

Quote:

W-WHAT THE HELL?!?!?
We're doomed! Run for your lives!

Liana:
Kusuha:

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-06-18, 11:21   Link #2187
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:

Oh my.....

Cass: Boy, I did well in listening to Lieutenant Takamachi and Captain Testarossa ><

Ken: Glad you did. I wouldn't want to put flowers in your coffin Chief

Artes: You sure about that? Look above.

Cass and Ken:

Ken: Let's make a run for it Chief!
Old 2007-06-18, 13:06   Link #2188
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Oh, one more thing concerning Keroko. Due to problems between her ranking and Hayate's (Keroko was equally ranked with Hayate, but got promoted far before her, even though storywise Hayate was the first to get promoted that high that fast) I am dropping her rank from Commomwealth Air Force Wing Commander to normal Air Force Captain.

This mistake was mostly due to a combination of my own hastiness, ignorance of millitairy rankings, and love for X-wing novels.

Talk about killing your darlings.
Old 2007-06-18, 13:13   Link #2189
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Just another thought that has been spinning in my head ever since one Espada referred to Vivio as "Seijou":

Spoiler for Vivio...?:
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the TRUE Schneiderform. (And Kha's Breaker)

For God Empress H*****, and the Star Child VIVIO!!!
Old 2007-06-18, 15:38   Link #2190
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Just another thought that has been spinning in my head ever since one Espada referred to Vivio as "Seijou":

Spoiler for Vivio...?:
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the TRUE Schneiderform. (And Kha's Breaker)

For God Empress H*****, and the Star Child VIVIO!!!

Th-the god emperor of mankind!?!?!?!

*looks again*

Dammit Kha! You had me scared there for a sec!

*Sigh* Oh yeah, I finished the second part of the getting-Nanoha-to-relax fluff: Sisters by soul.

Spoiler for Sisters by soul:

Last edited by Keroko; 2007-06-18 at 16:10.
Old 2007-06-18, 15:44   Link #2191
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
*Sigh* Oh yeah, I finished the second part of the getting-Nanoha-to-relax fluff: Sisters by soul.

Spoiler for Sisters by soul:
Very cute Kero-kun ^^ When will we see Part 3?
Old 2007-06-18, 16:10   Link #2192
Meophist

Got five more characters to fit with some previous characters. Will post two for now.
Spoiler for Zarithia Saah:
Spoiler for Aetis Zast:
Old 2007-06-18, 16:11   Link #2193
Erio
Hiromi

Thumbs up

Hello everyone. I have very little time for reading right now, so I apologize for not making comments on what you guys are talking about now...

However, I do have a few comments about what you guys were talking about yesterday (sorry ) which involves this thread's #1 target: the infamous Serge.

Yesterday I had some time so I read through all 5 acts of An Hero's scenario. That was very nice, An Hero. I liked how the whole battle played out, Serge's objectives and motivations, and how thoroughly you explained everything. HOW DARE YOU DO THAT TO NANOHA, YOU B-- err... oops, I didnt mean to say that out loud.

You know, I already had an idea of what special powers I was going to give Gaia by the time I created my 5 Relic users, but I did not have a good way to explain how his powers worked. However, thanks to An Hero's ideas about Serge's powers I now have a good way of describing how they work. You guys will not see Gaia in action until a couple of episodes from now, but expect some uber h4xness. I'm serious about this.

This leads to what I want to say now: How far should we develop our characters?
--First a disclaimer: while I will be using Serge to explain my points, I by no means am saying that he should be nerfed. In fact, I love Serge--he's just how I would do a badass villain.--
I dont know if you, An Hero, noticed while you were writing your combat scenario against the Aces, but I found out while writing my ficlets how... under-skilled (for the lack of a better word) the Aces are. What I'm trying to say is that our Aces only have about 4-5 major skills that they use in different ways. Example, Nanoha's offensive arsenal consists of Divine Buster, Accel Shooter, Starlight Breaker and Excelion Buster, and a few other, which are variations of these four main spells. The first three do about the same thing: attack the target directly with raw power. The fourth is Nanoha's attempt at melee combat. If we group her spells this way, we see that Nanoha's main ability is long range energy bombardment, and Excelion Buster is Raising Heart's attempt to give Nanoha another combat approach in battle. As you can see, Nanoha doesnt go too far away from her main combat style which is long range combat. She did reveal another spell, Stardust Fall (was it? forgot the name), so she might have other spells hidden from us right now, but I strongly believe that they will all fall into the long-range category.

Now, if we see characters like Serge, he has 10 known abilities (as An Hero obviously has a bunch others trump cards under his sleeve) all of which do different things. In his case, 7 of the spells counter 7 or more different types of attacks, which include melee, mid-range, and long-range. In other words, this guy is capable of handling almost every attack thrown at him! And we were proven this by An Hero's scenario. To think that he is only two years older than our Aces...

And what about characters like Kha? He has more spells, barrier jacket forms, and device modes than all our Aces combined. I cannot comment about Kha right now, though, as we have yet to see him in action. How does he handle his huge arsenal of spells? Is he a quick thinker? Can he actually remember all the spells he has and use each of them in the right circumstances? Does changing between barrier jacket forms and device modes affect his stamina?

This is why I like to create characters with a main strength or ability, and then make them learn new moves by modifying such ability or using the ability in different ways as the need arises. However, I've been trying to make my characters fit into the main canon without problems, as proven in my little fanfic, so I guess that's why my characters are all underdeveloped, as I take a different approach when creating a character.

BTW, these comments were all thought up after I tried to get Kha and Serge involved in my fanfic. They seem to be way out of my character's, and even the Aces', league.

What do you guys think?
Old 2007-06-18, 16:22   Link #2194
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Hello everyone. I have very little time for reading right now, so I apologize for not making comments on what you guys are talking about now...

Spoiler for space saver:
About the Aces' spell list.... well.... let me post it:

Spoiler for watch... and be amazed.:

Straight and simple copy-pasta from Wiki. And that is only Nanoha's spell list. Kinda puts things into perspective, doesn't it?
Old 2007-06-18, 16:47   Link #2195
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:

Straight and simple copy-pasta from Wiki. And that is only Nanoha's spell list. Kinda puts things into perspective, doesn't it?
Hey hey, now. Do you think I didnt go to Wiki to check their spell lists?

I didnt want to go into listing every single spell Nanoha has, so I just took her offensive spells part as an example. Just look at the spell lists: her defensive abilities are all standard, so there is no point into going through them. Every mage should have them, or slightly different versions of them, or they wont survive. Now for the offensive spells, I'll go through it again:

Divine Buster, Starlight Breaker (Plus and EX), Accel Shooter, Divine Buster Extension. These all fall into the long-range bombardment category. Forget the fancy names, they all do the same thing: long-range bombardment. Barrier Burst is quite a unique one, as it uses a shield spell to activate. And, as I said too, Excelion Buster is an attempt at melee combat. But basically she only does one thing: long-range attacks. That was my point.

Its not how many named spells you have. My point was how versatile can or should a character be? Anyone could create a character that can perfectly perform long-range, mid-range and melee abilities, but such character would be considered unbeatable. (Read as: God-like).

Please read my post again.
Old 2007-06-18, 16:53   Link #2196
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Hey hey, now. Do you think I didnt go to Wiki to check their spell lists?

I didnt want to go into listing every single spell Nanoha has, so I just took her offensive spells part as an example. Just look at the spell lists: her defensive abilities are all standard, so there is no point into going through them. Every mage should have them, or slightly different versions of them, or they wont survive. Now for the offensive spells, I'll go through it again:

Divine Buster, Starlight Breaker (Plus and EX), Accel Shooter, Divine Buster Extension. These all fall into the long-range bombardment category. Forget the fancy names, they all do the same thing: long-range bombardment. Barrier Burst is quite a unique one, as it uses a shield spell to activate. And, as I said too, Excelion Buster is an attempt at melee combat. But basically she only does one thing: long-range attacks. That was my point.

Its not how many named spells you have. My point was how versatile can or should a character be? Anyone could create a character that can perfectly perform long-range, mid-range and melee abilities, but such character would be considered unbeatable. (Read as: God-like).

Please read my post again.
True, but in that case you really should read Kha's profile a little better. He may have a ton of spells, but basically all he is is a tank: He's there to soak up the hits for others. Sure, he may have a lot of spells, but as you said the number of spells doesn't matter.

As for someone who can perfectly perform long-range, mid-range and melee abilities... a certian blonde haired scythe wielding mage comes to mind. If canon can do it, why can't we? Fate can do all three, and she's not invincible either.
Old 2007-06-18, 16:54   Link #2197
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:

Though, some things don't seem quite accurate there...

Ok, the drawing of the "movie scene" as requested...
Spoiler for Rice and Pasta:

Yeah, it was a bit rushed...kid of like the last movie scene...lol
Old 2007-06-18, 17:11   Link #2198
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
True, but in that case you really should read Kha's profile a little better. He may have a ton of spells, but basically all he is is a tank: He's there to soak up the hits for others. Sure, he may have a lot of spells, but as you said the number of spells doesn't matter.

As for someone who can perfectly perform long-range, mid-range and melee abilities... a certian blonde haired scythe wielding mage comes to mind. If canon can do it, why can't we? Fate can do all three, and she's not invincible either.
Hmm, I never thought about Fate being as powerful as you describe her. She's a mid-range/melee hybrid who is good at both, but not excellent. In melee she is good, but she cannot beat Signum head-to-head, and thus she relies on speed and evasion. Her mid-range spells are good also, but not as powerful as other characters. Her long-range spells would be her ceremonial bombardment spells, which take time to cast. In my opinion, she is very balanced, and as you say, not invincible. If we had to place Fate into a combat category, I would put her under Speed.

Did you read Serge's fight against the Aces? That was what I was trying to discuss. I brought up Kha as a small example of a very well developed character who is very versatile and has a bunch of spells, but I never mentioned he is overpowered. And as I said, we have yet to see Kha in action, so I wonder how he uses his arsenal of spells. I wasnt picking on his number of spells, but just how good he is at using his extensive arsenal of spells in a combat situation. Just think of a scenario where Hayate has to search her Book for a spell in middle of combat and she is not able to find it in time. (An example. If you want, use another character instead of Hayate)

Hehe... Not exactly what I was wanting to discuss...
Old 2007-06-18, 17:15   Link #2199
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Ah, well, can't disagree with the Serge thing. Heck, it's actually one of the topics of the moment who would fight how and win or lose against Serge.

Blah, my discussion skills are low at the moment, I blame sleep. I'll come back with good arguments tommorow.
Old 2007-06-18, 17:42   Link #2200
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Ah, well, can't disagree with the Serge thing. Heck, it's actually one of the topics of the moment who would fight how and win or lose against Serge.

Blah, my discussion skills are low at the moment, I blame sleep. I'll come back with good arguments tommorow.
I'll probably have a good contender soon. Gotta wait until I get back home, though.

Well, internet time is over now. Be back in 20 hours... when the discussions are over, as always.

See ya guys later.
Closed Thread