3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 1.15%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.77%
Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-08, 17:49   Link #261
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

well from what i see from this conversation bernkastel = rika after a very very long time.
rika isnt normal anymore since she can time-warp therefore the laws of time dont apply to her

so bernkastel = rika of the future?
Old 2008-04-09, 01:16   Link #262
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
well from what i see from this conversation bernkastel = rika after a very very long time.
rika isnt normal anymore since she can time-warp therefore the laws of time dont apply to her

so bernkastel = rika of the future?
It seems that way; one difference though is that Bernkastel apparently doesn't have a human body. Of course future Umineko chapters might disprove this theory as well.

Here are some quotes form the first two chapters of Umineko that touch upon Bernkastel's past:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-10, 17:29   Link #263
Don_Don_Kun
Custom User Title

well, that was one hell of an awesome series, not to mention one of the best anime endings i've ever seen.

Higurashi Kai wrapped up many of the mysteries that weren't solved in the first season, but the epilogue still proved to be rather confusing.

I'm just wondering if the epilogue is actually a dreamlike world created for Takano after she is admitted to the Irie institute for further treatment. Hypothetically, Takano could be in a comatose state while undergoing treatment and experiencing a world where nothing went wrong in her life (similar to Rika's world in Saikoroshi-hen). In this episode, Hanyuu tells Takano that she forgave her for her sins, therefore this world may be her second chance to "be accepted". On the basis of the argument that Bernkastel is actually Rika, it would make sense that she is in this world to help guide Takano. Another fact to support this argument is that Hanyuu and Rika's senses are linked, therefore both of them could be orchestrating this new world.

Of course this is only my guess. Hopefully, when Higurashi season 3 begins airing, this "cliffhanger" may become resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
There's going to be a third series? But everything was all tied up and happy... I mean, what is left to do in the third series, something different, or are they going to go back further and try to fix all the murders or something?
Well, if Satoshi wakes up then we all know that a certain someone will be more than happy.

Last edited by Don_Don_Kun; 2008-04-10 at 17:44.
Old 2008-04-10, 18:46   Link #264
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Don_Kun View Post
Of course this is only my guess. Hopefully, when Higurashi season 3 begins airing, this "cliffhanger" may become resolved.
Didn't Takano reject Hanyuu's offer of forgiveness by saying it's too late for her to receive it?

Also, I don't think there's a reason to believe that Hanyuu or Takano are involved in Bernkastel's playing with the various worlds. There's no evidence that they were involved with it befor and Bernkastel seems to be alone with the reader when she's setting up the world of Saikoroshi-hen in the 52nd piece.
Old 2008-04-10, 19:42   Link #265
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Yes, she did reject the offer

Bernkastel might of been talking to Lamda-Delta in the 52nd piece
Old 2008-05-19, 00:50   Link #266
orange541

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
Well
it's rather half assed
so forgive-me any mistake

Spoiler for piece 52:

WOW!! That's very kind of you!!

But would you please tell me wwwwwhere can I find piece 52??! I've gone through the Matsuribayashi but didn't find that piece?!
Old 2008-07-23, 00:48   Link #267
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
Due to the nature of underground dealings, most Japanese yakuzas use Russian made guns - if not copies of them made by China or North Korea. One famous example is how yakuza's preferred type of handgun is...a Tokarev.
The ak-47 is the most mass produced firearm in the world. It is actually way cheaper and far easier to obtain than M16s.
Old 2008-10-26, 11:51   Link #268
Lost-Wisdom
Wis-dom-matic

Just finished the final episode today. I finished the 1st season is a week but for finishing season 2 I finished it in 2 days. That's how hooked I was to this anime.

Every was tied nicely, I greatly appreciate happy endings. I was always rooting for Rika's fortune to live through this.
Spoiler for Episode 24:

But I really dislike how they didn't disclosure the other characters properly. You never got to saw Shion and Kasai ever again, you only get to see them when they were firing on the Y.

Still, I also enjoyed the epilogue at the end, always make sure to keep watching after the credits people! Still, that epilogue only confused me more on if that is Rika or someone else entirely.

Don't worry, I read through all 14 pages so I get the gist of it. The links of the summaries and analysis are very informative and also a good read.

Now, seeing they announced in this episode there's going to be a season 3 I really can't wait for it, but a lot has been resolved though. My predictions are either the story will be completely different.

But, looking through the site here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=9199

Is it just me or is this going to be a very short season? Since it said it's a OVA of course.
Old 2008-12-12, 17:35   Link #269
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyokii View Post
What exactly happened in the epilogue?

Spoiler for Epilogue?:
But if that is the case does not Satoko end up dying in L5 becouse the medecine was not invented
Old 2008-12-12, 17:45   Link #270
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanyuuChan View Post
But if that is the case does not Satoko end up dying in L5 becouse the medecine was not invented
Because her family was never ostracized, Satoko never went L5.
Old 2009-01-10, 19:13   Link #271
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai. Final Thoughts

Today, I have concluded the 1000 miles voyage.

It was a thrilling ride that I won't remember, but good things must come all the way to the end.

It took me a whole year of patience and endurance, but I finished all of Higurashi second season's episodes and once again I felt that familiar sensation of void due that there won't be anything else to add into the mainstream story, although the third season OVA episodes are right around the corner.

This has been the last title I ended for the summer 2007 season.

Rika was right about the "Old Geezer".
Spoiler:

And I felt a familiar feeling when both Rika and Hanyuu...
Spoiler:

The dawn of a new day for Rika and friends, as they fought bravely to change and finally shatter the June 1983 barrier.

My most sincere thanks and acknowledgment to kj1980 for introducing me, by reading his posts, about the world of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni universe.
Old 2009-01-10, 19:54   Link #272
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Yes, Takano took a bad load of choices, and yet not only Hanyuu forgave her, but adult Rika time-traveled likely among many of Takanos' worlds, until she was able to find that one in where Rika averted Takano's, I mean Miyo's, calamity.
For the hundred and third time, that is not Rika but Frederica Bernkastel, the witch that serves as the collective consciousness of Rika's travels.

Futhermore, before you bid your final farewell to Higurashi, please look into the Saikoroshi-hen arc of Higurashi Rei, which should be complete around August.
Old 2009-01-11, 11:24   Link #273
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
For the hundred and third time, that is not Rika but Frederica Bernkastel, the witch that serves as the collective consciousness of Rika's travels.
It's only normal that a lot of people would think that she was Rika since the anime completely ditched Frederica Bernkastel...
Old 2009-01-11, 12:04   Link #274
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
It's only normal that a lot of people would think that she was Rika since the anime completely ditched Frederica Bernkastel...
Well I think that the poems at the end were done by her and she was the one talking, but the poems go so fast and seem not to say anything related to the Arc(s) or anything actually to do with the series.
So taking that into consideration, that will most likely be her voice actor for Umineko.
Old 2009-01-11, 12:33   Link #275
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyajitchi View Post
Well I think that the poems at the end were done by her and she was the one talking, but the poems go so fast and seem not to say anything related to the Arc(s) or anything actually to do with the series.
So taking that into consideration, that will most likely be her voice actor for Umineko.
But they aren't giving any clues that the one doing the previews is a person named Frederica Bernkastel. It might be logical to think that the previews replace her poems for those who know Frederica but those who are only watching the anime won't even know that she exist.
Old 2009-01-17, 14:52   Link #276
Lost-Wisdom
Wis-dom-matic

This ending, man, who could of produced such a great ending like this? I won't go in too deep. But the ending was just touching.

See you in season 3 folks.
Old 2009-02-06, 10:39   Link #277
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Finished two seasons at last.

The ending just great, best ending that i have ever seen for a while. Especially after read Frederica Bernkastel's poem
Spoiler for Frederica Bernkastel's poem:

So i guess.....
Spoiler for Ep 24 part C:

I do love this ending, i really do

While both anime seasons (compare to the game which i haven't played) are far from perfect, especially after read all the hint, pieces, and analysis. I still give Higurashi a 10 in general as my gratitude. Thank to it that i knew the existence of Higurashi
Therefore i do have a secret hope that it will be re-animated and redirected some days, by some true fans this time, so the game players can praise it for being a perfect anime version that carry all the needed information.

While waiting for 3rd, i will check out the manga, just to see how good it is.
Old 2009-02-07, 00:06   Link #278
topboy
poor man

sinner, murderer in last arc : satoshi , satoko , Dr.Irie , Yamainu , takano , etc.

some of them have happy ending. Fair enough for kill people(s).

>You still don't know what is the sin?
>Then, that itself is your sin.
Old 2009-05-20, 20:02   Link #279
typhonsentra

The ending's fine and I knew from the beginning we wouldn't get much of an epilogue for the main cast after seeing the thematic change in the final two story arc transformed into a Shounen-esque "Power of friendship" theme. But yeah, after fifty episodes I was getting attached to this group and I was a little ticked that they left things the way they did ("Life goes on").
Old 2009-05-21, 00:56   Link #280
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
The ending's fine and I knew from the beginning we wouldn't get much of an epilogue for the main cast after seeing the thematic change in the final two story arc transformed into a Shounen-esque "Power of friendship" theme. But yeah, after fifty episodes I was getting attached to this group and I was a little ticked that they left things the way they did ("Life goes on").
How was it left on a "life goes on" note?
Closed Thread