AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-05-19, 01:14   Link #43601
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
I'm guessing Laura's rich because of both being a pilot and a soldier. Money adds up.
- You forget to factor in other things, though:

- Cost of Living? How much of her salary goes to funding her lifestyle? Laura probabyl doesn't own a lot, but if her enrollment in ISA funded by the Government or is it something she's paying for? I'd imagine that Rep Candidates would have some (or all) of their expenses covered by their governments, but how much depends on the Government in question.
- IS Maintenance costs? Is she paying for upkeep on her IS, or is that covered?
- Bookkeeping? Who has say on what the money gets used for? In some cases (Cecilia) there's no restraints or monitors on how much is spent or what it's spent for. But if you're a Rep Candidate there's probably a limit to how much you can spend and what you can spend it on. I'd imagine that you may have a large salary but the actual cash-on-hand you can use may be little more than an allowance.
- And that's not even taking into account graft and corruption. A savvy Government official can possibly argue that they're 'safekeeping' the money earned by a minor (Rep Candidates are under 18 still) -- you know what happens next.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 02:04   Link #43602
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Suppose pilots actually have to pay for their lfestyle... Then it'd be rough?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 02:18   Link #43603
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Cecilia do have limited access to her bajillion inheritance (for a certain value of limited), and Laura had full control on her money.

The rest follow Hawke's post above, you are given allowance (larger than most, but smaller than real wage). Your wage will pile up in bank account until you're declared legally adult, while government harvesting what little interest it gave.
Old 2013-05-19, 02:33   Link #43604
Eratas123

Laura probably counts as an adult all things considered.
Old 2013-05-19, 02:36   Link #43605
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Your wage will pile up in bank account until you're declared legally adult, while government harvesting what little interest it gave.
...and if you're one of those REALLY dirty two-faced politicians, you might just put in a motion to never allow your Rep Candidate to claim their salary on the following grounds:
  • That the Representative Candidate has sufficient enough finances to not need the salary as provided by Government
  • That the Representative Candidate has been entered or nominated by illegal, unfair, or dishonest means
  • That the Representative Candidate can be argued to not be a citizen of the Government she represents
  • That the Representative Candidate is mentally or emotionally unable to take the responsibilities of handling the finances
  • That the Representative Candidate has taken actions in conflict of interest with the country she represents
Old 2013-05-19, 02:47   Link #43606
Eratas123

I doubt it. Remember: Their societal views got flipped over. So if a male politician tried that, he'd be legally castrated. A female politician wouldn't do so since it gimps them. Of course all humans are different, but IS verse seems to run on the basis that the entire cast are caricatures.
Old 2013-05-19, 02:49   Link #43607
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Laura probably counts as an adult all things considered.
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
...and if you're one of those REALLY dirty two-faced politicians, you might just put in a motion to never allow your Rep Candidate to claim their salary on the following grounds:
  • That the Representative Candidate has sufficient enough finances to not need the salary as provided by Government
  • That the Representative Candidate has been entered or nominated by illegal, unfair, or dishonest means
  • That the Representative Candidate can be argued to not be a citizen of the Government she represents
  • That the Representative Candidate is mentally or emotionally unable to take the responsibilities of handling the finances
  • That the Representative Candidate has taken actions in conflict of interest with the country she represents
By that order
* Cecilia
* Charlotte
* Tatenashi
* Cecilia again
* Chifuyu

Quote:
I doubt it. Remember: Their societal views got flipped over. So if a male politician tried that, he'd be legally castrated. A female politician wouldn't do so since it gimps them. Of course all humans are different, but IS verse seems to run on the basis that the entire cast are caricatures.
It's a 'what if' scenario, maybe very rare, but not impossible. Hell, it's plausible because it's a caricature of politics.
Old 2013-05-19, 03:07   Link #43608
Eratas123

Check out the season 2 PV on youtube Does full intro for characters and even shows which accesorry is their IS.
Old 2013-05-19, 03:12   Link #43609
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Okay

*prepare ten foot pole*
Old 2013-05-19, 03:13   Link #43610
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Mmm... So does not apply for non-government IS companies
Old 2013-05-19, 03:15   Link #43611
Eratas123

There aren't any non-government:/ All the corporations make IS PARTS, and they're given cores under government watch and sanction. A company that makes its own IS would be branded illegal.
Old 2013-05-19, 03:16   Link #43612
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You think a company that do research and development on WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION will be let loose like that?

Think again
Old 2013-05-19, 03:21   Link #43613
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
- Not necessarily. Remember the saying "politics makes strange bedfellows"? Thus political parties that are diametrically opposed will join forces--to get additional shares in the budget/votes/whatever.

The argument here isn't for ideals or pet projects. This is about budget and finances. Governments and politicians will try anything up to (and sometimes including) outright murder to get the finances for whatever they're planning. And since money doesn't appear out of nowhere (despite what the Reserve Bank will have you believe), that usually means cutting the finances from other projects/funding.

So, if you could argue that the current Representative Candidate isn't worth the money being spent on her and that you have a cheaper alternative...
Old 2013-05-19, 03:26   Link #43614
Eratas123

Don't think so. Maybe in REAL LIFE, but Rin specifically says that politicians BEGGED her to take the IS rep position, and she even notes that she feels smug about it. Needless to say, politics is the IS' bitch in this world.
Old 2013-05-19, 03:30   Link #43615
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well... everything beyond V2 seems to think otherwise, from Gospel being detained, worldwide terrorist, covert attack on I.S.A. etc

Can't win against politics, if you win you'll just cause total anarchy. Just look at Tabane, who's above mortal law.
Old 2013-05-19, 03:32   Link #43616
Eratas123

Yes, because the fact that ISA has more holes in its security than Swiss cheese and yet doesn't get a single slap on the wrist by the government says that they're still on top.
Old 2013-05-19, 03:36   Link #43617
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Can't argue against that

Time for subversion then
Old 2013-05-19, 03:38   Link #43618
Eratas123

In all seriousness, the times IS academy gets attacked would make students run out of there and drop out. Not to mention that their security detail seems to always be on break.
Old 2013-05-19, 03:38   Link #43619
demino_hellsin
That one guy

But companies are pretty much non-gov. They have partnerships yes but I doubt they are directly under.

Maybe that's why some companies are desperate for testers :-?
Old 2013-05-19, 03:41   Link #43620
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
In all seriousness, the times IS academy gets attacked would make students run out of there and drop out. Not to mention that their security detail seems to always be on break.
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
They have partnerships yes but I doubt they are directly under.
"Sukhoi began to compete with General Dynamics regarding which one of them will provide best service to Neo-Taliban government"

"F-35 sold at sale price of 75M USD everywhere, including Russia"

News like this certainly happened in your verse

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest