AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-09, 11:22   Link #21
Irenesharda

From what it sounds like, Pino was stolen from them by JIOR and they haven't been able to find her until now. She seems to be the key to saving their race, which is probably unable to procreate I'm guessing.

I don't really know if they want to take over humanity, 1) since they've pretty much already done so, since they literally control the world from the shadows and 2) neither Pino or Prue really think that much of humans. I'm wondering what they're really purpose is. They're taking over key spots, but is that just for their own convenience as to what they are truly planning?

They took over Amadeus because he defied them and was meddling in their affairs, and the took over Cain to make sure they had an eye in Dorssia. They don't bother with the human war and are only looking out for their own interests and making sure the humans don't get in their way. They don't seem to be really taking over key positions for any sort of take over. They already have control of the nations, they seem to want something that has to do with their own people and saving them.

So the questions should be: Who are the Magius? Why did they come to Earth? Why don't they leave? Where are their true forms? What are they trying to accomplish? Where are they from? Why are Prue and Pino so important? Are they really as evil as they are portrayed, or are we simply looking at it from a human perspective, rather than from their point of view?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-09, 11:32   Link #22
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Well unless you yourself is a Magius-in-disguise trying to infiltrate into our society, you shouldn't care who or what or where these unidentified-being is from. The things that matter is 1) They are trying to control us the human kind from behind the shadow 2) They are the enemy of human kind and 3) They see us as food. Also one last thing, the human need to fight back.
Old 2013-11-09, 11:43   Link #23
Irenesharda

Well, I like to look at both sides of the equation. The Magius aren't "trying" to control human kind, they already are. They have no need for world domination since they already control all the key players and thus the world.

Human kind also seems kind of obsolete in the future, so I'm wondering if perhaps the Magius aren't as bad as we think they are.

Especially considering that this show loves to put twists everywhere.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-09, 11:59   Link #24
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Well, I like to look at both sides of the equation. The Magius aren't "trying" to control human kind, they already are. They have no need for world domination since they already control all the key players and thus the world.

Human kind also seems kind of obsolete in the future, so I'm wondering if perhaps the Magius aren't as bad as we think they are.

Especially considering that this show loves to put twists everywhere.
No, they are just starting. Human still control the majority of the world but is quickly losing it grip on it as Magius's influences is on the raise. They are beginning to take over Dorissa but ARUS and JIOR is still safe. ARUS's president is puppet of the Magius, but he still however is a human and he doesn't just blindly follow them. I believe the 3rd Galactic Empire is formed by Haruto to countered the Magius. When the day Magius do take over the world is the day where they will openly and publicly abducting humans for runes harvesting.
Old 2013-11-09, 13:13   Link #25
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
No, they are just starting. Human still control the majority of the world but is quickly losing it grip on it as Magius's influences is on the raise. They are beginning to take over Dorissa but ARUS and JIOR is still safe. ARUS's president is puppet of the Magius, but he still however is a human and he doesn't just blindly follow them. I believe the 3rd Galactic Empire is formed by Haruto to countered the Magius. When the day Magius do take over the world is the day where they will openly and publicly abducting humans for runes harvesting.
Well, we don't know how long the Magius have been in control, or how long they've controlled Dorssia or the ARUS. Also, keep in mind, they could have taken control of Amadeus or the President at anytime, and yet, it wasn't until Amadeus crossed them that they did something about him.

I really don't think they really care about world domination or anything. Why concentrate on one little planet when there is a whole galaxy out there? Also, they were obviously a civilization before they even came to Earth. Their technology is way beyond ours considering that ship they had and how many times characters keep saying the Valvraves are beyond anything humanity to could create.
I think humans are more of a convenience for them. They don't seem to actively hunt and have really only been gathering runes for this one ceremony. They had to have been consuming runes before they encountered humanity, so it's not a matter of that. They aren't interested in human politics, they have stated themselves that they usually stay out of them as long as the humans don't cross them. They are a group that knows they have complete control, and could dominate if they want to, but they have no desire to. They are really concentrating on the preservation of their species at least from how Cain sounded back in season 1.

I don't think we'll really understand what's going on till they actually explain it. They seem to have been on earth for a long time, if we consider that Cain gained his art collection over the years in real time. And to me, it would seem that "world domination" at this point for the Magius seems like small potatoes, and they have much bigger plans.

I'm thinking that at one point or another Haruto and at least come of the pilots with join with the Magius and create the Empire for their own kind that spreads out into the galaxy. What's left of humanity does form a resistance, but I don't think is doing well. Or it could be that the Empire is a place for the Magius and humanity to co-exist, but there are parts of humanity (such as some Dorssians) that are against this and are against them, such as the one Saki fought in her first flash forward.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-09, 16:40   Link #26
ReddyRedWolf

While I don't think Magius are aliens given that Plue cursed Cain as a damn human, I think they may have access to alien technology and distributed it to the world.

Note Takumi asked what devil did Dr. Tokishima made a deal with to make the Valvrave.

To me there is big tech gap between the artificial sun mini-Dyson Spheres and other tech humans employ.
Old 2013-11-09, 16:56   Link #27
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
While I don't think Magius are aliens given that Plue cursed Cain as a damn human, I think they may have access to alien technology and distributed it to the world.

Note Takumi asked what devil did Dr. Tokishima made a deal with to make the Valvrave.

To me there is big tech gap between the artificial sun mini-Dyson Spheres and other tech humans employ.
Plue is actually referring to the JIORian when he say "cursed human" because Cain isn't a human.

@Irenesharda we ninja-ed each other at the same time
Old 2013-11-09, 16:56   Link #28
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

We know that Cain and the Magius are definitely not human, they are immortal space vampires for one that can body "jack". I think that counts them out from being ordinary humans. I think Prue was talking about the JIORians when he said "Damn humans", not Cain. He was commenting on the enemies he has to fight.

Takumi never really new much about the project from the onset, which is why he's trying to figure things out with L-11 and Haruto. Saying that Dr. Tokishima made a "deal with the devil" is both an expression and a hypothesis on his count. He assumes Tokishima made a deal, but we now know that Pino was imprisoned and she belongs with her brother who is with the Magius, and they themselves may be Magius. So, it's more likely that Pino was stolen away or lost and JIOR found and/or took her and used her for the Valvraves.

Also, as to the gap in technology, that's an issue poised by the writers of this setting. They have interstellar internet and cell signals and dyson spheres yet they still use tanks and hand guns...

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-10, 21:22   Link #29
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
From what it sounds like, Pino was stolen from them by JIOR and they haven't been able to find her until now. She seems to be the key to saving their race, which is probably unable to procreate I'm guessing.

I don't really know if they want to take over humanity, 1) since they've pretty much already done so, since they literally control the world from the shadows and 2) neither Pino or Prue really think that much of humans. I'm wondering what they're really purpose is. They're taking over key spots, but is that just for their own convenience as to what they are truly planning?

They took over Amadeus because he defied them and was meddling in their affairs, and the took over Cain to make sure they had an eye in Dorssia. They don't bother with the human war and are only looking out for their own interests and making sure the humans don't get in their way. They don't seem to be really taking over key positions for any sort of take over. They already have control of the nations, they seem to want something that has to do with their own people and saving them.

So the questions should be: Who are the Magius? Why did they come to Earth? Why don't they leave? Where are their true forms? What are they trying to accomplish? Where are they from? Why are Prue and Pino so important? Are they really as evil as they are portrayed, or are we simply looking at it from a human perspective, rather than from their point of view?

Who's to say they aren't from Earth? I agree with everything else though. Pino and Prue are the "Original Pair" whatever that means. Since Prue and Pino technically exist somewhere else, how were their minds implanted into objects and how come they were separated in their bodies in the first place? Where are they now? Other questions to ask. Also, notice how the people in the Phantom only showed the women up close insinuating only women are in that ship. This kind of relates to what Cain said in episode 7 I think with Cain looking at those pictures, "I can hear the bells toll for our union, my bride." We still don't know what he meant by that. However, I'm starting to assume all of council 101 is male, despite how vulgar that thought is. For some reason, they can't or are trying to create female magius and are using Lieselotte for that purpose. Of course, that's only conjecture. Also, it makes sense why Saki or Akira would be targeted at the end of this season because they are living female magius. Again, conjecture.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2013-11-10 at 23:19. Reason: minor edits
Old 2013-11-10, 21:53   Link #30
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Who's to say they aren't from Earth? I agree with everything else though. Pino and Prue are the "Original Pair" whatever that means. Since Prue and Pino technically exist somewhere else, how were their minds implanted into objects and how come they were separated in their bodies in the first place? Where are they now? Other questions to ask. Also, notice how the people in the Phantom only showed the woman up close insinuating only woman are in that ship. This kind of relates to what Cain said in episode 7 I think with Cain looking at those pictures, "I can hear the bells toll for our union, my bride." We still don't know what he meant by that. However, I'm starting to assume all of council 101 is all male, despite how vulgar that thought is. For some reason, they can't or are trying to create female magius and are using Lieselotte for that purpose. Of course, that's only conjecture. Also, it makes sense why Saki or Akira would be targeted at the end of this season because they are living female magius. Again, conjecture.
One of the council members was confirmed female, when she spoke to Amadeus back in episode 13. Rewatch the meeting. There were also female voices mixed in when they started chanting as Amadeus was being jacked. Though, there is also the possibility that the females council members are actually males residing in those bodies. That is totally subject to discussion.

Yea, I also noticed that everyone aboard the Phantom were female. I thought it was just coincidence, but now that you mention it...Maybe the females have a higher concentration of runes? Or the law of nature where female animals are superior to males also applies to Magius?
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-11-10, 21:57   Link #31
c0de_da1sy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Who's to say they aren't from Earth? I agree with everything else though. Pino and Prue are the "Original Pair" whatever that means. Since Prue and Pino technically exist somewhere else, how were their minds implanted into objects and how come they were separated in their bodies in the first place? Where are they now? Other questions to ask. Also, notice how the people in the Phantom only showed the woman up close insinuating only woman are in that ship. This kind of relates to what Cain said in episode 7 I think with Cain looking at those pictures, "I can hear the bells toll for our union, my bride." We still don't know what he meant by that. However, I'm starting to assume all of council 101 is all male, despite how vulgar that thought is. For some reason, they can't or are trying to create female magius and are using Lieselotte for that purpose. Of course, that's only conjecture. Also, it makes sense why Saki or Akira would be targeted at the end of this season because they are living female magius. Again, conjecture.
Actually, yeah, not all the council members are male.
Spoiler:

And not all of the people aboard the Phantom seem to be female either.
Spoiler:
Old 2013-11-10, 22:38   Link #32
~BC~

Not all of the Phantom prisoners were female but there may be some significance to only showing close-ups of the females (perhaps they're the majority). If I recall correctly, there was once a mention of Dorssia having a shortage of women. It was one of the descriptions for H-Neun I believe; from one of the magazines that mentioned his attraction to Kriemhilde. So the speculation that women are special somehow could be on the mark.
Old 2013-11-10, 23:34   Link #33
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I think there a possibility that these prisoner aren't Dorssian, if these are I think there will be some uproar or buzz about missing people in Dorssia. Since the Magius is abducting other people from different countries, I say these prisoner are ARUSian and JIORian.
Old 2013-11-10, 23:50   Link #34
Irenesharda

Quote:
I think there a possibility that these prisoner aren't Dorssian, if these are I think there will be some uproar or buzz about missing people in Dorssia. Since the Magius is abducting other people from different countries, I say these prisoner are ARUSian and JIORian.
Well, considering that Dorssia has quite a few prisons/concentration camps and deport the citizens of the the countries they annex, I don't think it would be that hard to make people disappear in Dorssia. A nation that kills anyone or simply makes them disappear into a dark prison for the rest of their lives, it wouldn't be hard to get enough people for the Magius to get runes in Dorssia.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-16, 23:22   Link #35
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Posted in another thread, but might as well post it here...

I have a speculation/semi-fact: The Magius & Kamitsuki, while similar are either both different species or the Kamitsuki are an upgraded/evolved version of Magius. Looks like the guys who thought that were correct (Props to you guys). Haruto's father has said that the purpose of the VVVs is to create a new species, the Magius have been along for who knows how long, so they aren't a 'new' species.

My guess is that Jior captured Pino & instead of copying the Magius gene map, they modified it & created the Kamitsuki gene map. That would explain why both are similar but the Magius have limits to some of the powers that the Kamitsuki can do.

eg. The Magius need a ritual to do a body jacking, (Amadeus & X-Eins) while the Kamitsuki can freely body jack as they please. Immortality also seems to be a difference between both as Cain clearly pointed that out in episode 12. (Referring to Haruto about being 3rd gen)

Something that supports the "Kamitsuki is an upgraded/evolved version of Magius" theory is: when Haruto was taking his shower in episode 17, the Magius symbol could be seen on his chest & also, FutureSaki has her symbol on her leg.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-11-21, 14:46   Link #36
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Well its confirmed. The Magius are aliens, have no physical form & are inferior to their artificially created successors, the Kamitsuki.

The Kamitsuki, while similar to the Magius, are another species altogether. They are humans that have been modified before birth to become compatible with the Magius gene map. Magius are sentient "lights" that survive by "eating" humans.

Therefore, draw the conclusion that Magius externally take over humans & Kamitsuki are internally changed humans.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2013-11-21 at 18:26. Reason: grammar
Old 2013-11-21, 18:09   Link #37
finalfury
Incognito

Repost:
So today's episode makes me think that the future will have a coexistence with Magius and humans somehow.
Also, I assume that Magius in general are a friendly species but their instinct to survive may be somewhat detrimental. It seems that the runes they intake from the first humans they entered may have altered their mental being since from what I can tell, those people were hunters of some sort.
Feasting on the negative emotions/memories of these people probably caused the Magius to become corrupt and turn into the council 101 they are today. :/
I think the reason Pino isn't as affected is because there was a healthy mix of runes being taken from the pilots.
It also seems that the Magius are able to become good as well since I believe Liseolotte to be a primary example of a former member of council 101 turning good (possibly due to the positive emotions/memories gained from the runes).
Old 2013-11-21, 18:14   Link #38
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

^Coexisting? I hope someone in the future will do a thorough jobs of exterminating them, preferably L-elf so he can get his revenge.
Old 2013-11-21, 18:15   Link #39
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Well... guess next episode L-Elf is gonna go alien hunting. Kill'em all L-11, KILL THE BASTARDS!!!
Old 2013-11-21, 18:17   Link #40
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
^Coexisting? I hope someone in the future will do a thorough jobs of exterminating them, preferably L-elf so he can get his revenge.
Well, Liseolotte wanted coexistence between the two species. L-elf loves her and I think this is the best way for him to get through this loss without making him to fall for another person or become trigger happy/revenge-driven.
L-elf adopting her life goal as his own in remembrance of her just sounds kind of sweet to me. :/