AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-02-24, 16:35   Link #1
ultrataro

Live action Basilisk

I only watched first couple eps of the anime, but I just watched the movie Shinobi-Heart Under Blade, and it looks to be a live action version of the story. Stars the woman from the L/A Gokusen. I thought it was quite good. CG effects work pretty well, fighting action pretty decently done. Tokugawa Ieyasu brings together representatives of rival ninja clans the Ige & Koga to face each other in deadly combat under the guise that the outcome will determine his successor. A tale about fate, scheming, and ultimately, love.
ultrataro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 08:10   Link #2
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I finished the series i lovd it and the animation was beautiful but however it had a typical japanese ending you tell from ep7 on that its not gong to be a happy ending
Spoiler for Not so happy ending:

A live action movei would be kinda cool but i checked out the shinobi heart and it looks pretty good to if you have a chance you should finsih up Basilisk
Old 2006-02-27, 18:08   Link #3
ultrataro

LOL. The movie you pretty much can tell from the start how it will end. But it's really the most appropriate ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
I finished the series i lovd it and the animation was beautiful but however it had a typical japanese ending you tell from ep7 on
Old 2006-02-28, 01:07   Link #4
Sakuya
*Artist

The live action movie DVD is out already?
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 18:07   Link #5
ultrataro

The Japanese DVD came out a few days ago, actually I think it's like a week now I think.
Old 2006-02-28, 18:38   Link #6
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrataro
The Japanese DVD came out a few days ago, actually I think it's like a week now I think.
And someone is torrenting a rip of that DVD. I scowl at the naughty pirates of course, but it does means that there is a very good chance we'll be seeing a fansub of this sometime in the next month.

* NoSanninWa is excited by the prospect of more Basilisk.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 21:31   Link #7
Ebichuman
Ebichu Transform!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrataro
CG effects work pretty well, fighting action pretty decently done.
I've seen very few non Hollywood films that use CG, and overall I thought the effects were fairly well done too. Except for the hawk, it was pretty awkward looking at the beginning. My only realy complaint is that it felt too rushed, it could've used another 30-45 minutes to flesh things out a bit more.

They also made Gennosuke ten times more ub3r l337 compared to the anime
Old 2006-02-28, 22:16   Link #8
ultrataro

Yeah, the hawk flight scenes were awkward, I've seen better bird CG. I think the other stuff works pretty well because of it's fantastical nature.
BTW, I believe the official DVD has english subtitles.
Old 2006-02-28, 22:21   Link #9
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I liked the anime ending it wasn't that bad. My major complaint of the live acion is why does Gennosuke look like an utter BUM (haven't seen it but he looks like one)!!!

I really actually liked seeing flashbacks of the Iga clan group (they needed more) ^-^ They are so hilarious!! Yashamaru *heart*
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 02:53   Link #10
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
And someone is torrenting a rip of that DVD. I scowl at the naughty pirates of course, but it does means that there is a very good chance we'll be seeing a fansub of this sometime in the next month.

* NoSanninWa is excited by the prospect of more Basilisk.
I retract these words! Having looked closer I see that there is no need to fansub this show. The original disks have english subtitles. Everyone can purchase it themselves at CD Japan: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=DA-891

That's what I'll probably be doing.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 22:47   Link #11
Sakuya
*Artist

I just watched it. It was... The feeling I got at the end was "Wow, what just happened?" I didn't watch the anime. It feels this movie was condensed a bit. I've got some questions though.

Spoiler:

The action and CG were spectacular though!
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 20:36   Link #12
ultrataro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
I just watched it. It was... The feeling I got at the end was "Wow, what just happened?" I didn't watch the anime. It feels this movie was condensed a bit. I've got some questions though.

Spoiler:

The action and CG were spectacular though!
Yeah, understandably it is condensed. Would have been nice to have a little more developed on the individual characters, but it was still good.
Spoiler: