Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-10-21, 12:20   Link #201
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
That's not exactly right. Godou accepts that he is a Campione, what he doesn't accept is the truth about himself, regardless of whether he is a Campione or not, the fact that he isn't and has never been a 'normal' person, that he's selfish, loves fighting and competition and a bunch of other stuff.

In any case Godou doesn't have the opportunity to lay low, he gave that up to pick a fight with Salvatore.
If he accepted himself as Campione he wouldn't have such restrictions on his own powers. Novels says so, once he puts aside his view he would be able to pull out them without restrain(example, his berserk state spell implanted by the goddess of the lance on him released him from such thoughts for lapse of time).

Quote:
Again, that's not quite true. Factions play a big role in Campione. If there is Simba.org in StB, in Campione there's the Copper Black Cross, Bronze Black Cross, History Compilation Committee, Luo Hao's group, etc.
Those barely have an importance as organizations, Black Prince, America Kamen Rider, Doni and even Luo Hao don't give shit about their own.

Quote:
- sixteen years old
- first year high school students
- have little sisters
- former athletes
- acquired supernatural powers that put them among the strongest in the world
- acquired said powers by killing a friend who was corrupted
Only the last could be called valid. The others you can find them everywhere in any novel series.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 12:21   Link #202
tsunade666

-_- raildex fans infest the anime thread so I stay away at it as much as possible because I already drop index. Didn't like how vol 8 of NT happen.

As for when I visit the anime thread... yah, they are indeed comparing it but like I said before I feel that it has more like champions than index.

Mac got has powers that they didn't even want.

Just like to stay low as much as possible.

Got organizations that monitor you.

Authorities are almost the same as kenjuu or familiars

Mc got lots of heroine and to use a new kenjuu. Kujou needs to drink blood on the girls. Its like champions with deep tongue actions.

Godou is indeed a hypocrite but he eventually accepts it but its more than 6 volumes before it happen.

Akatsuki is more in tune or logical. He wants to use his power to help but he knew recklessly doing it will result in more problems than actually solving it.
Old 2013-10-21, 12:36   Link #203
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
If he accepted himself as Campione he wouldn't have such restrictions on his own powers. Novels says so, once he puts aside his view he would be able to pull out them without restrain(example, his berserk state spell implanted by the goddess of the lance on him released him from such thoughts for lapse of time).
Where did you get that from? Even when he had Berserk Rush cast on him, he still had the restrictions on him. JPS certainly accepts herself, and she has restrictions on her.

Quote:
Those barely have an importance as organizations, Black Prince, America Kamen Rider, Doni and even Luo Hao don't give shit about their own.
That's going a bit too far. History Compilation Committee at the very least, play a strong role.

Quote:
Only the last could be called valid. The others you can find them everywhere in any novel series.
They instantly got those powers that way. How many main characters other than those two got powers that instantly shoot them into the top class?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 12:51   Link #204
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Guys, it might be weird coming from me since I asked the question started it, but please remember which thread this is before you start putting out details on the table
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 16:35   Link #205
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I didn't want to bring it up in the Anime thread less it gets us all into trouble, and I see a number of familiar names here so I assume this place has been annex already So what is the resemblance to Raildex that you all are seeing ? I've mentioned before but to me, the immediate show that this resemble on a face level is Campione.

Spoiler:
I thought that too. Then I saw the city of supernatural, the loli teacher, the boy with the power, and I had to concede to their reason. I get the impression that this is what Index would have been if Kamachi hadn't been running things and the author chose to go the generic battle action route.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 16:52   Link #206
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I thought that too. Then I saw the city of supernatural, the loli teacher, the boy with the power, and I had to concede to their reason. I get the impression that this is what Index would have been if Kamachi hadn't been running things and the author chose to go the generic battle action route.
Lots of series have loli teachers, and young boys with powers. The only real similarity is the city, and Itogami City isn't really all that much like Academy City.

Old 2013-10-21, 17:25   Link #207
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Lots of series have loli teachers, and young boys with powers. The only real similarity is the city, and Itogami City isn't really all that much like Academy City.
Like what? Itogami and AC are both fictional places made to study the supernatural.

@Angrypokstick what is Kojou's density? Ichika level?

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-10-21 at 19:32.
Old 2013-10-21, 17:50   Link #208
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Like what? Itogami and AC are both fictional places made to study the supernatural.
Is it? I didn't know they studied demons there, just that they let them live there.

Old 2013-10-21, 18:19   Link #209
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Is it? I didn't know they studied demons there, just that they let them live there.
In exchange for safe shelter, they participate in studies by medical companies and the like.

I wonder how the author plans to compensate for the fact that the harem's gonna age and die while Akatsuki is immortal? He's going to outlast them and this isn't like Campione! where females can slow down their aging. The only way would be for Akatsuki to make them his blood servants.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-10-21 at 19:32.
Old 2013-10-21, 20:41   Link #210
kagato3

Quote:
In exchange for safe shelter, they participate in studies by medical companies and the like.

I wonder how the author plans to compensate for the fact that the harem's gonna age and die while Akatsuki is immortal? He's going to outlast them and this isn't like Campione! where females can slow down their aging. The only way would be for Akatsuki to make them his blood servants.
Are we sure the magic related ones can not? Fokelore tends to have mages/witches/ect living much longer then normal humans. And the Cyber Empress could always end up going all ghost in the machine if they ever introduce neural computer interfaces. also you would think antiageing drugs are part of the studies by medical companies on the island. so possibly a lot of options .
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 20:42   Link #211
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Are we sure the magic related ones can not? Fokelore tends to have mages/witches/ect living much longer then normal humans. And the Cyber Empress could always end up going all ghost in the machine if they ever introduce neural computer interfaces. also you would think antiageing drugs are part of the studies by medical companies on the island. so possibly a lot of options .
I don't get the impression that the world has gotten that far.
Old 2013-10-21, 20:44   Link #212
Miraluka
Banned

Kujo can turn them into vampires, isn't like they will say no anyway .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 01:02   Link #213
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
the only issues they might have would be the sun like all children of the night have.

also, I like the loli teacher's title. no seriously, I like it.
Old 2013-10-22, 03:48   Link #214
tsunade666

how come the girls didn't even turn into blood servant to begin with? he keeps drinking blood of them that usually when a vampire drinks blood, they turn them into vampire.
Old 2013-10-22, 03:51   Link #215
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
how come the girls didn't even turn into blood servant to begin with? he keeps drinking blood of them that usually when a vampire drinks blood, they turn them into vampire.
depend on what interpretation the author is using, is infection came just from blood sucking or required blood from the original body.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 07:56   Link #216
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
True, but I think there'll be problems with the princess since she carries divine blood, which might prove poisonous for him, but if he does end up turning them then they'll also get their own kenjuu. I look forward to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

Well, vampirism occurs not with the sucking of blood, but the biting part. Kojou never bit Yukina. She cut her own neck so that he could suck her blood.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-10-22 at 08:23.
Old 2013-10-22, 08:15   Link #217
Soji

blackwhite67@ Are we sure about this?

I mean
Spoiler for just in case:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 08:28   Link #218
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
blackwhite67@ Are we sure about this?

I mean
Spoiler for just in case:
There are many possibilities. Just because he never used one doesn't mean he didn't have one. It could be that a blood servant is different from a full blown vampire or maybe it just takes time for a kenjuu to develop for a human turned vampire. Whatever the case, it has been stated that typical vampires are categorized as D-, T-, and G-types in order of consanguinity with progenitors. Akatsuki is a progenitor so if he turns the harem, then they will most certainly become D-types and we saw a D-type vampire summon a kenjuu.
Old 2013-10-22, 09:03   Link #219
kagato3

From the way it looks in the anime and manga it sounds more like there are parasitic beings that only a vampire can bond to with out dieing and not that kenjuu are an inherent part of their powers. So not all vampires necessary have one
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 09:38   Link #220
Breimoon

they most likeli do an oath of somesort with these beings and the stronger the blood the stronger the kenju becomes.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cringe heroine, dengeki bunko, fake harem, harem, open ending, strike the blood, vampires