Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-12, 18:26   Link #6901
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
This was a fine night, Nefarian finally bended over and took what was coming to him. With the big birdy dead (again ...and he should stay dead this time), time to get ready for hardmodes i guess. (And run around SW showing off the "Defender of a Shattered World" title ).

If only our luck with loot wasn't so abysmal ... from today's raid alone, we sharded 10 items. With no rogue or feral in raid, we got enough leather drops to outfit a S&M club. Caster drops especially have been bad for us. Ah well ...
Cataclysm really doesn't like dropping stuff that we like apparently : / when we first downed Halfus Wyrmbreaker we got nothing that we needed as well. Could just say it was bad luck. Sinestra is going to be quite a hassle for raids since she is only avaliable after you defeat Cho'Gall in Hard Mode and sorta like Algalon have a time limit. But would be good if someone got the funny achievement if you beat her without wiping once
Old 2011-01-12, 18:50   Link #6902
Xacual

Well that's only in the reset so it's not too bad, most guilds that reach sinestra will get the achievement before the next tier of content probably.

I mean it's not like tribute to immortality level for ToGC25 where you had to prevent any deaths especially with stupid champion fight. It was quite rare that we would have no deaths on that fight, usually some clothie would get destroyed by their melee dps + hunter before anyone could blink.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 19:05   Link #6903
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Well that's only in the reset so it's not too bad, most guilds that reach sinestra will get the achievement before the next tier of content probably.

I mean it's not like tribute to immortality level for ToGC25 where you had to prevent any deaths especially with stupid champion fight. It was quite rare that we would have no deaths on that fight, usually some clothie would get destroyed by their melee dps + hunter before anyone could blink.
The achievement involved downing her one your first attempt right ("Oh Sorry I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am") one? Atleast it's not like Algalon's achievement where you had to prevent anyone from dying at all during the raid lockout.
Old 2011-01-12, 20:02   Link #6904
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Cataclysm really doesn't like dropping stuff that we like apparently : / when we first downed Halfus Wyrmbreaker we got nothing that we needed as well. Could just say it was bad luck. Sinestra is going to be quite a hassle for raids since she is only avaliable after you defeat Cho'Gall in Hard Mode and sorta like Algalon have a time limit. But would be good if someone got the funny achievement if you beat her without wiping once
My guilds loot luck has been more like we get doubles of two items, but only one of each is used. In any case, its nice raiding 25's and being one of 2 shaman even if what I need doesn't drop often its an easy win when it does.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 20:04   Link #6905
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
The achievement involved downing her one your first attempt right ("Oh Sorry I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am") one? Atleast it's not like Algalon's achievement where you had to prevent anyone from dying at all during the raid lockout.
Yeah, I'm sure it just means that you have to go in there and one shot her in the reset. No guild could one shot a boss for a first time without ever doing it unless the fight was a complete joke which considering what the fight requires to even do it I expect not.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-01-12, 20:08   Link #6906
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure it just means that you have to go in there and one shot her in the reset. No guild could one shot a boss for a first time without ever doing it unless the fight was a complete joke which considering what the fight requires to even do it I expect not.
Best way to get the encounter in your minds is to use up all the time you have to face her (and expect alot of repair bills.... Oh the repair bills...) to get used to the boss fight and mechanics and formulate a strategy on how it will be done. Then next week you will use all that you have gathered and attempt the achievement, but if you still don't know the fight yet then just use the next week to get used to it.

It will probably take about 5-6 weeks basing it off the requirement it takes to get to face Sinestra to get the fight stuck in your head. That's still depending on the boss encounter as a hole since it's said that its equivalent to the Algalon encounter in Ulduar or that's how the opinions go about.
Old 2011-01-12, 20:11   Link #6907
Xacual

Well Algalon actually went down fairly quickly, of course that also was because of guild's doing 10s for practice on the fight. I still don't expect Sinestra to take more than 4 weeks of attempts though, if it does I'll be really surprised.

So I think I have terrible luck, been doing Baradin Hold every week except for first two since I was leveling / gearing up and only seen pvp loot every kill. It's really depressing when no one in the group really pvps and we were hoping for t11 gloves or legs

Old 2011-01-12, 20:16   Link #6908
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Well Algalon actually went down fairly quickly, of course that also was because of guild's doing 10s for practice on the fight. I still don't expect Sinestra to take more than 4 weeks of attempts though, if it does I'll be really surprised.
Well during Algalon 10 mans were a little "easier" in terms then 25 mans so that made the loot a little weaker then what it is now. Now that Cataclysm is combining the difficulties of 25 mans into 10 mans it's going to be quite a hassle now in my opinion. There's also a time limit on how much times you can fight Sinestra like Algalon, so you don't have 6 hours to formulate something like guilds have been doing for the bosses in Cataclysm so far, so it will be a little tougher to get things down with a strict time limit.

Of course the 4-5 week speculation was taking in course of

10-25 man difficulty comparable/requirement to face Sinestra/Time limit/Difficulty of fight if not cake-walk

I'll be quite surprised when people actually down her quicker then a 4 week when they first access her
Old 2011-01-12, 20:40   Link #6909
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
So I think I have terrible luck, been doing Baradin Hold every week except for first two since I was leveling / gearing up and only seen pvp loot every kill. It's really depressing when no one in the group really pvps and we were hoping for t11 gloves or legs
I've seen some tier gear, just not any for my class at all so my luck is about the same though haven't done it this week yet .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 21:08   Link #6910
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

When we did Baradin Hold the only Tier gear that dropped was for a rogue and we din't have a rogue in the group (ironic enough most of our server is comprised of rogues)
Old 2011-01-13, 08:55   Link #6911
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Wasn't she available in the Beta? I seem to remember *something* involving her. If she was, she'll be dead pretty quick, because you can bet the guys that care for W1st would have 'tested' the hell out of it.
Old 2011-01-13, 13:14   Link #6912
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Wasn't she available in the Beta? I seem to remember *something* involving her. If she was, she'll be dead pretty quick, because you can bet the guys that care for W1st would have 'tested' the hell out of it.
I'm not quite sure she was in the beta. There is nothing even involving her encounter as of yet if you look up Sinestra encounter. I'm sure the guilds on Beta were busy with Heroics for other raids then go for Sinestra.
Old 2011-01-13, 21:17   Link #6913
Yuno
Balanced Diet

A glitch I had allowed me to have Lilian Voss long after the quest. I was quite happy to have a leveling partner. Speaking of which has your guild kicked out my character Hooves?
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 21:19   Link #6914
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofiel View Post
A glitch I had allowed me to have Lilian Voss long after the quest. I was quite happy to have a leveling partner. Speaking of which has your guild kicked out my character Hooves?
Possibly, ever since I left that guild when I started blaming myself for emotionally hurting a guildie without my knowledge of even knowing about it. Apparently I was "bullying" him when I was just stating facts about the questions they asked... Even going about leaving the guild because of me. Shouldering this guilt I left the guild, they might have also been cleaning out the inactive members.
Old 2011-01-13, 21:41   Link #6915
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Come play with me~ No pressure with me and I often take a more carefree stand point. As you know I read quests, take my time, and very open to raiding and other aspects of the game as well. I am also fairly active when I am not here chatting away. Think about it and if it's something you might wish to do I would gladly facilitate. I'm sorry that things happened with your guild.

It is almost as if when you get enough people together things are bound to happen. People behave always strangely when in groups, it is that mentality that scares me from groups. I would always love a small guild of at least 10 to 25ish and leave it at that. No pressure, no pain, just enjoying the game.
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 02:07   Link #6916
Xacual

Well Fel Armor got changed again, if anything it is now even better than it was.

* Fel Armor has been redesigned. It now surrounds the caster with fel energy, increasing spell power and causing the warlock to be healed for 3% of any single-target spell damage he or she deals.

Old 2011-01-15, 02:09   Link #6917
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Fasinating.
Old 2011-01-15, 15:52   Link #6918
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

So my alt is know to the northrend level, and I am wondering now if starting cata zones[vash or hyjal] at 78 is viable or not, I've heard various things on how well it worked for people in guild, but it sounds like I'd be ok doing it as feral druid thanks to healing being good via Nurturing Instinct, but not positive.

Edit:
Quote:
* Shapeshifts: Entering or leaving a shapeshift no longer cancels root effects. It continues to cancel movement slowing effects.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUCK you blizzard, do you want to make druid completely unviable for PVP? Seriously feral has no way to deal with roots except for this and maybe feral charge but that isn't reliable at all and depends way too much on positioning.
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2011-01-15 at 16:15.
Old 2011-01-15, 16:13   Link #6919
Xacual

You can't get the quests for Cata zones until 80.

Old 2011-01-15, 16:25   Link #6920
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
You can't get the quests for Cata zones until 80.
Really?, I was under the impression that you couldn't get "Hero's Call: XX" for them until 80, but that you could still go and start questing without that?
MAL

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows