AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-25, 19:21   Link #501
Unit28
o_ರೃ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger5913 View Post
I'm surprised it's cheaper to buy the magazines from HLJ than AmiAmi... It must be the discount on EMS shipping. I think I'll start getting the body pillow magazines from HLJ in the future.
I Agree on that, i bought my daki from J-list and then i looked at HLJ.. omg the prices are doubled at J-list
Old 2010-12-25, 21:52   Link #502
Tiger5913

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit28 View Post
I Agree on that, i bought my daki from J-list and then i looked at HLJ.. omg the prices are doubled at J-list
Oh yeah, I heard J-list is really bad... Don't buy from them anymore, if you can help it. >.>

Hey! TK fans, rejoice! He finally got an item!!

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=engli...e_display.html
Old 2010-12-26, 13:17   Link #503
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
I'm surprised it's cheaper to buy the magazines from HLJ than AmiAmi... It must be the discount on EMS shipping. I think I'll start getting the body pillow magazines from HLJ in the future.
Has nothing to do with discounts or anything, HLJ sells about 10% lower than retail price .. JList sells ... I have no idea honestly but it's clearly above the retail prices .. That, plus they have expensive ( and bad ) shipping.

I only got one experience with them, and it was bad. Bought several magazines, shipped in an envelope of some sort rather than a box which HLJ would have done.. Needless to say, magazines were damaged and as they contained posters inside, they were damaged as well. Wasn't happy, and got no refund from Jlist. I paid for EMS shipping too, which was really expensive as the magazines tend to weight alot .. :x

You should use Jlist only as a last resort, ex. The daki or whatever else you're buying is out of stock everywhere else ...
Old 2010-12-26, 16:56   Link #504
neonskittles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
I only got one experience with them, and it was bad. Bought several magazines, shipped in an envelope of some sort rather than a box which HLJ would have done.. Needless to say, magazines were damaged and as they contained posters inside, they were damaged as well. Wasn't happy, and got no refund from Jlist. I paid for EMS shipping too, which was really expensive as the magazines tend to weight alot .. :x

You should use Jlist only as a last resort, ex. The daki or whatever else you're buying is out of stock everywhere else ...
Yup also had bad experiences with them and magazines, i used to use them for the subscription service for degenki G's and Megami magazine. Over the course of the subscription i had 7 magazines damaged so badly they wouldnt even be sold second hand. Not only that the lovely posters were ripped or creased and some of the free gifts Inc 2 figures were broken were the box was dented in.
I know never use J-List for anything i care about, except food and maybe some clothing (they cant damage clothes right ?:P).

The only + to J-list is they have stock the longest as there prices are so high people go to Amiami,hobbysearch,HLJ first.

Amiami generally sell out of Degenki G's magazines within a few days of posting (Unless they have no free gifts) so just be quick or even bookmark the Dengeki G;s search page on Amiami and check daily.
Old 2010-12-27, 08:37   Link #505
Revan21

Nice bedsheet but probably convention exclusive

Old 2010-12-27, 09:29   Link #506
Dist

Ooh lovely, do want. But, if it is convention exclusive it probably will be really expensive if someone puts it up on ebay ..

I got the Angel Beats desktop calendar just on mail, plus '' 3D Kanade Mousepad ''. Bleh, I wish HLJ could write more detailed info about their products. At least this is like a real mousepad where it sticks to the table and won't move around ( unlike Nanoha mousepads I got earlier ), but it's small ... My mouse takes like 50% of the mousepad x_x.

The 3D effect is rather disappointing too .. It's just the background .. which consists of dots. Or are all 3D mousepads like this ? ( I'm not talking about physically 3d mousepads here like oppai mousepads ) I wasn't sure what to expect. Well, it still has lovely image of Kanade so I guess it's fine but even so ... so small x.x.

I have to wonder though .. Are there actually no '' real '' anime mousepads there .. You know, where they are soft and not so thin that you may as well just put your mouse on the table and not use '' pad '' at all ? Well there's the oppai ones sure but I don't want those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonskittles View Post
The only + to J-list is they have stock the longest as there prices are so high people go to Amiami,hobbysearch,HLJ first.

Amiami generally sell out of Degenki G's magazines within a few days of posting (Unless they have no free gifts) so just be quick or even bookmark the Dengeki G;s search page on Amiami and check daily.
Hobbysearch ? Surely you are joking. Their shipping prices are at least as high as JList's .. Even if the magazines have retail price .. oh god at the shipping. What's up with a shop that only offers EMS ? Btw. Amiami really doesn't sell out in a day, they only '' sell out '' what they have put for preorders, but you can still find Vol. 14 on Amiami which had the Kanade daki .. I really gotta wonder who exactly buys from JList and why with the prices they have ..

Last edited by Dist; 2010-12-27 at 09:39.
Old 2010-12-27, 11:18   Link #507
Revan21

Yeah, all 3D mousepads are like that.

But what do you mean by being too small? I got a couple of normal anime mousepads (not 3D), all of them have the standard 21 x 18 cm (8.3 x 7.1 inches)
Old 2010-12-27, 14:44   Link #508
Dist

But are all anime mousepads like this ... Really thin, just made of plastic ? A real and normal mousepad would be more thick and definitely not made of plastic, and I'd rather have one of those with anime printing on them. But when I buy from HLJ, they're all just '' mousepads '' with no detailed info .. How am I supposed to know what exactly am I buying ? Those Nanoha pads for example ... There's no way you can use them as mouse pads unless you glue them to the table, they don't stick and they move around ..

This mousepad is about 18cm wide and 15cm tall, but I'd prefer one that is at least 30cm tall ( or wide, depends if you use it sideways ).
Old 2010-12-28, 12:13   Link #509
Tiger5913

Thumbs up

Quote:
But are all anime mousepads like this ... Really thin, just made of plastic ? A real and normal mousepad would be more thick and definitely not made of plastic, and I'd rather have one of those with anime printing on them. But when I buy from HLJ, they're all just '' mousepads '' with no detailed info .. How am I supposed to know what exactly am I buying ? Those Nanoha pads for example ... There's no way you can use them as mouse pads unless you glue them to the table, they don't stick and they move around ..

This mousepad is about 18cm wide and 15cm tall, but I'd prefer one that is at least 30cm tall ( or wide, depends if you use it sideways ).
Well, damn... I ordered an Angel mousepad from AmiAmi. I guess I should prepare for disappointment.

On a much brighter note, I got a bunch of Angel Beats! stuff from Animate, like the clear files, the Angel tote bag, the stick posters, mobile stickers... There is a lot more merchandise coming out in February.
Old 2010-12-29, 03:07   Link #510
Dist

Animate ? What is animate ?

Judging from google, it's a japanese shop but I couldn't find a way to turn it in english, doesn't seem like a place you can order internationally from ? I want to buy Kanade merchandise too, I've only got the Mousepad, desktop calendar, dakimakura and A2 calendar for now. The artbook is still on hold while they get more in stock, and my pillow cover hasn't arrived yet
Old 2010-12-29, 06:24   Link #511
Revan21

Trading figs

Old 2010-12-29, 12:57   Link #512
Tiger5913

Quote:
Animate ? What is animate ?

Judging from google, it's a japanese shop but I couldn't find a way to turn it in english, doesn't seem like a place you can order internationally from ? I want to buy Kanade merchandise too, I've only got the Mousepad, desktop calendar, dakimakura and A2 calendar for now. The artbook is still on hold while they get more in stock, and my pillow cover hasn't arrived yet
Oh! Animate is an anime store in Japan. Actually, it's a chain of anime shops. Torana (I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong) and Mandarake also sell anime merchandise, as well as doujinshi and artbooks. Animate released a bunch of Angel Beats! stuff in June/July/August and October/November/December of this year.

Unfortunately, the only way to get Animate stuff is to ask someone who lives in Japan, buy from AmiAmi, or rely on Yahoo! Japan Auctions. Don't buy from eBay sellers. They charge RIDICULOUS prices.
Old 2010-12-29, 17:37   Link #513
xBTAx

Quote:
Oh! Animate is an anime store in Japan. Actually, it's a chain of anime shops. Torana (I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong) and Mandarake also sell anime merchandise, as well as doujinshi and artbooks. Animate released a bunch of Angel Beats! stuff in June/July/August and October/November/December of this year.

Unfortunately, the only way to get Animate stuff is to ask someone who lives in Japan, buy from AmiAmi, or rely on Yahoo! Japan Auctions. Don't buy from eBay sellers. They charge RIDICULOUS prices.
Well, I'm pretty sure you could use a proxy. Off the top of my head, the cheapest proxy I've found is Yokatta, though I'm not sure if they'll buy from Animate or not, as I've never actually used them.

And I think you meant "Toranoana" there, right?
Old 2010-12-29, 17:52   Link #514
Dist

Well even though proxies are trustworthy, I dont feel comfortable having someone in the middle dealing with my stuff. I guess I'll just have to wait till I can go to Japan myself and then buy every single thing I could possibly ever want ;x

Btw .. Yahoo Japan Auctions doesn't ship internationally now does it ? I'm pretty sure you have to use proxy for that too.
Old 2010-12-29, 20:32   Link #515
Duckys
Quackers.

Quote:
Well even though proxies are trustworthy, I dont feel comfortable having someone in the middle dealing with my stuff. I guess I'll just have to wait till I can go to Japan myself and then buy every single thing I could possibly ever want ;x

Btw .. Yahoo Japan Auctions doesn't ship internationally now does it ? I'm pretty sure you have to use proxy for that too.
Yep, you'd have to go through Rinkya or something similar to that.

Good luck on that trip to Japan.

Fujibayashi Ryou (referring to her fortune telling):
If the results come true, it’s as if there’s only one future.
But if it fails, we can think that other futures exist.
We never know how the future shifts because of the slightest change.
I want to believe that in our future, there are many possibilities waiting.
Ryou is underrated. She deserves more respect.
Old 2010-12-29, 22:16   Link #516
dfens

I have the Good Smile Yuri and Tenshi on order and the Official Guide Artbook should be arriving any day now.
Old 2010-12-30, 02:02   Link #517
Tiger5913

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBTAx View Post
Well, I'm pretty sure you could use a proxy. Off the top of my head, the cheapest proxy I've found is Yokatta, though I'm not sure if they'll buy from Animate or not, as I've never actually used them.

And I think you meant "Toranoana" there, right?
Ugh, proxies... I don't trust them. If my friend isn't available to go to Animate, then I use Y!JPA.

Yes, that. I knew I spelled it incorrectly.

Quote:

Well, you have to use a bidding system, so be careful. I use Japamart, and their services can be a little expensive depending on how much you want, but they are definitely trustworthy. My friend uses Mail Order Japan.
Old 2010-12-31, 11:57   Link #518
Revan21

New pics of the C79 exclusive Tenshi pillow.
I don't think I can afford it for 11000yen (+shiipping and proxy's fee) though

Spoiler for CloseUps:

And the bed sheet will cost 8000yen.

Old 2010-12-31, 12:41   Link #519
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post

Spoiler for CloseUps:
That's the single, biggest piece of actual fanservice in all of Angel Beats.

I like it!
Old 2010-12-31, 12:52   Link #520
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
That's the single, biggest piece of actual fanservice in all of Angel Beats.

I like it!
Nah,
the previous Tenshi pillow was more daring in terms of fanservice

Spoiler for NSFW:

And since I have this, I can live without the exclusive one