AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-21, 14:39   Link #221
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kets View Post
What happened to Kumasawa and what's the bear theory?
Spoiler for ep3:

Bear theory is just a play on words. It originated back in Ep1 when people thought that Kumazawa was kinda suspicious; that she might actually be Beatrice in disguise. The theory is further strengthed by the fact that Beatrice, whom romanji is Be-a-to-ri-i-che, has the starting sound of "Bear". Bear in Japanese is Kuma, which is also the start of Kumazawa. (I can't remember if there were further twisting on words for the zawa part).
Old 2008-08-21, 15:02   Link #222
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Bear theory is just a play on words. It originated back in Ep1 when people thought that Kumazawa was kinda suspicious; that she might actually be Beatrice in disguise. The theory is further strengthed by the fact that Beatrice, whom romanji is Be-a-to-ri-i-che, has the starting sound of "Bear". Bear in Japanese is Kuma, which is also the start of Kumazawa. (I can't remember if there were further twisting on words for the zawa part).
I don't think there was any more word play...
Old 2008-08-21, 15:13   Link #223
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

What studio would be qualified to handle this type of story?
Old 2008-08-21, 15:17   Link #224
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Spoiler for ep3:
Stupid question... but I never played the game and I just want to make sure...

Spoiler:

Old 2008-08-21, 15:26   Link #225
Asashio123
The Human in the Big Red
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy View Post
It seems to be more applicable to Higurashi, in any case? Well, pertaining to Rika/Bernkastel's view about 'a single piece changing the outcome of a world', or the various observations or actions that can lead to certain outcomes. Actually, there was a reference to Schrodinger in one of Bernkastel's poems, wasn't there? Although I really don't know if it's significant at all...
Well, if my understanding of Schrodinger's Cat is correct, and the mechanics of the Umineko "time-rewind" or similar to the mechanics of the Higurashi "time-rewind", I don't see why it doesn't apply to Umineko, along with all the other visual novels, eroges, and H-games ever created. The "single piece changing the outcome of the world" seems to be true in Umineko, as well. Huh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
What studio would be qualified to handle this type of story?
Any studio, really, though I guess some studios are better at animating the whole mystery-genre than others. (Pss... Madhouse... pss...)
Old 2008-08-21, 15:34   Link #226
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Stupid question... but I never played the game and I just want to make sure...

Spoiler:
Depends how you look at it.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-08-21, 21:08   Link #227
Apathy
does not compute

Quote:
Well, if my understanding of Schrodinger's Cat is correct, and the mechanics of the Umineko "time-rewind" or similar to the mechanics of the Higurashi "time-rewind", I don't see why it doesn't apply to Umineko, along with all the other visual novels, eroges, and H-games ever created. The "single piece changing the outcome of the world" seems to be true in Umineko, as well. Huh...
Ah, yeah: I was just thinking more of Higurashi when I typed that.

Schrodinger's cat... I guess its relation to these sorts of scenarios is the possibility of two things being true at once, and only when one is proven does it become that one. (The problem being that when you seek to prove it, you influence it in some way: I guess the VN equivalent is two paths being true, but by seeking to see whether one path is true, you could cause it to happen, and as such influence it? ... Erm, I'm just typing my thoughts out and getting confused again, so I could be wrong...). It seems that all of these situations just keep on looping around until a desirable outcome is reached.

As for Kumasawa... so, completely different things can happen in different worlds. ._.; To the extent of a complete identity change...

I guess the thing is how much the worlds affect each other- or how much you believe the 'fantasy world' to be true? =/
Old 2008-08-21, 21:17   Link #228
Kets

Whose picture was this of?

Spoiler for Picture:
Old 2008-08-21, 21:42   Link #229
Apathy
does not compute

I think it's Eva-Beatrice (the one in the seifuku?). Could be wrong, though...
Old 2008-08-21, 21:48   Link #230
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kets View Post
Whose picture was this of?

Spoiler for Picture:
Younger Eva
Old 2008-08-22, 00:09   Link #231
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
Come to think of it that Ryukishi also likes Asmodeus XD
But wth...Everytime the next day I come to check out this thread there's a new page
Everyone has gone insane over EP3 already...God the temptation is too much!

Just a question about EP3:
Spoiler for EP3:

Looks like the witches can figure out pretty much by now:
Spoiler for ep3:
Old 2008-08-22, 01:51   Link #232
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeor View Post
Just a question about EP3:
Spoiler for EP3:
Spoiler for Eva:
Old 2008-08-22, 04:25   Link #233
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Spoiler for Eva:
''like Keiichi was ni Tatarigoroshi-hen'' is she is a state that bad?
Old 2008-08-22, 04:28   Link #234
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^
Spoiler for end game:
Old 2008-08-22, 07:46   Link #235
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Wow just as I thought...
Hey if I'm not wrong, maybe my theory about thinking of things indirectly according to higurashi will work!!!!

Spoiler for My theory to end the Witch's rule:
Old 2008-08-23, 05:05   Link #236
chronotrig

Don't worry, no one's gonna be confusing umi 3 for Tatarigoroshi.
Old 2008-08-23, 19:39   Link #237
Asashio123
The Human in the Big Red
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy View Post
Ah, yeah: I was just thinking more of Higurashi when I typed that.

Schrodinger's cat... I guess its relation to these sorts of scenarios is the possibility of two things being true at once, and only when one is proven does it become that one. (The problem being that when you seek to prove it, you influence it in some way: I guess the VN equivalent is two paths being true, but by seeking to see whether one path is true, you could cause it to happen, and as such influence it? ... Erm, I'm just typing my thoughts out and getting confused again, so I could be wrong...). It seems that all of these situations just keep on looping around until a desirable outcome is reached.

As for Kumasawa... so, completely different things can happen in different worlds. ._.; To the extent of a complete identity change...

I guess the thing is how much the worlds affect each other- or how much you believe the 'fantasy world' to be true? =/
Huh... so in VN-context; before the game starts/ the first million words of text before the first choice>Schrodinger's cat theory is true.
After first choice> Shrodinger's cat is false, as the choice makes one ending one likely than another.

And in Higurashi-context; before the reboot starts> Schrodinger's cat is true.
After reboot, Rika angsts and doesn't do much> Schrodinger's cat is false, BAD END is more likely than GOOD END.
After reboot, Rika carries out her master plan to defeat Takano> Schrodinger's cat is false, GOOD END is more likely than BAD END.
(Should I put the above section in a spoiler tag?)

...Hmm... I kind of like the idea that before the "reboot" or whatever the Umineko equivalent is, the Schrodinger's cat theory is true, but after the reboot, how the characters act influences the ending.

Thus, Battler carrying out master plan>GOOD END is more likely than BAD END.
Old 2008-08-24, 02:11   Link #238
Apathy
does not compute

Eh, I was under the impression that what you said was more or less the case, although I'm not sure about the 'true' or 'false' aspect of it. Also, with VNs, I guess there's more than one option influencing the story (more than Higurashi, I think? I've never played a VN, but I was under the impression you get to change the situation more/provide more input to the situation than Higurashi?).

Spoiler for kind of long speculation on Schrodinger's cat:

... But I could just be getting confused. ._.; Someone please correct me if I'm wrong... In any case, what you said sounds right to me.

I'm glad I'll never have to study quantum physics: if I can't even get my head around Schrodinger's cat, I wonder what I'd make of the rest of it (not to mention all the formulae)...

Ah, and of course: Schrodinger's cat was mentioned in the poem by Bernkastel for Minagoroshi-hen:

Quote:
Please tell me what happened in this night.
It's like the cat inside the box.

You don't know if the cat in the box is dead or alive.

The cat in the box was dead.

-Frederica Bernkastel
Old 2008-08-24, 02:15   Link #239
d-one

If Umineko ep.3 adult character main focus is Eva, could it be at the ep.4 Kyrie gonna be the main focus?

it will be interesting to see another side of Kyrie

and maybe at the answer arc, the fathers will get the focus (Imagining Krauss, Hideyoshi, and Rudolf show his GARness to defeat Beato underlings till the end of the game )
Old 2008-08-24, 02:45   Link #240
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Eva > Rosa > Natsuhi

Why? Let's just say Rosa-Musou is no match for Yangire-Eva...
Closed Thread