AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 108 61.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 26.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 5.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 4.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.56%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-23, 05:53   Link #61
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
It's quite misleading if you just put it like that. It keeps the shippers hopeful.

Spoiler:
Spoiler for After re-watching the scene:
Old 2009-01-23, 07:01   Link #62
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Very good episode, though Kitamura being sulky almost seemed rather out of character for him. I know that was the point, but damn, it came out rather fast and furious with him.

And it's almost painful watching Minorin, Kitamura and the gang put up a farce now that we know how they're just boiling underneath.
Old 2009-01-23, 07:29   Link #63
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Kanou vs Taiga = one word

Spoiler for spoil0r:
Old 2009-01-23, 07:48   Link #64
typhonsentra

Spoiler:

And good news, the CoalGuys subs are out so spoiler tags are no longer necessary (I just used it one last time, just in case).
Old 2009-01-23, 08:01   Link #65
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Spoiler:

And good news, the CoalGuys subs are out so spoiler tags are no longer necessary (I just used it one last time, just in case).
Spoiler for Concerning the picture beneath:
Old 2009-01-23, 08:06   Link #66
Schacko

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
Same.
I haven't actually been following the anime, just talking to friends who do, and this episode makes it apparent that the anime studio has simply failed. Everywhere I look (here, blogs, even 2ch) people are asking "what guilt?" and the novel readers have to come out and fill in the gaps. I think they've stuffed the show too full of pop culture jokes while skimping on important plot bits.
I guess they didn't fail. Maybe, or at least I think so, they will bring light into the situation with the next episode. Ami going, then running away and biting her teeth is the perfect cliffhanger for the next ep. because everyone goes "WTF?!"

Btw. where the fuck can I get those novels everyone is speaking about?! Are they only in jap. and there are no english translations or does amazon fail me again?! XD
Old 2009-01-23, 08:47   Link #67
roan

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Spoiler for Concerning the picture beneath:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-23, 08:51   Link #68
typhonsentra

Okay, after watching this episode I gotta say I'm very disappointed in the way they changed Kitamura's reason for behaving the way he did.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-23, 09:32   Link #69
roan

Quote:
Okay, after watching this episode I gotta say I'm very disappointed in the way they changed Kitamura's reason for behaving the way he did.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by roan; 2009-01-23 at 11:48.
Old 2009-01-23, 09:50   Link #70
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schacko View Post
I guess they didn't fail. Maybe, or at least I think so, they will bring light into the situation with the next episode. Ami going, then running away and biting her teeth is the perfect cliffhanger for the next ep. because everyone goes "WTF?!"

Btw. where the fuck can I get those novels everyone is speaking about?! Are they only in jap. and there are no english translations or does amazon fail me again?! XD
Spoiler for novel translation:
Old 2009-01-23, 09:52   Link #71
Bordix

Damn, the story about the picture thing, makes me wanna read the novels >.>. I've got to stop reading spoilers

edit: Is this season gonna reach vol 8?
Old 2009-01-23, 10:12   Link #72
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
Was it really a taunt? Or was Ami trying to be the "good guy" acting mature and telling Minori to stop preventing herself from chasing love?

After that speech, Minori may have been more relieved than troubled.
Hence my adding quotation marks over the word "taunt", because Ami wasn't really doing that to Minorin out of malice.
Old 2009-01-23, 10:30   Link #73
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well that was certainly...something. I'll freely admit to not having alot of interest in Kitamura, but it was still quite the enjoyable episode if only for the rather trainwreck feel of most of it.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-01-23, 10:37   Link #74
Led_Zeppelin
Achilles Last Stand

Send a message via MSN to Led_Zeppelin
I like this ep...

But i felt that the chat between ryuuji and kitamura, it was too simplified...

Kitamura's reasons (in the novel) felt more deeper than just "she's going to america, and now my plan is ruin"...

But like others said before, an adaptation of 48 minutes (the average is 2 chapter per novel, right?) doesn't give much time...

And other thing, and is a personal observation...

I felt quite akaward in the parts of the confessions (specially the kitamura's line "thank you very much"), but becouse i'm from a part of the world (argentina) where we're much of the type "punch first, ask later" even in junior high...

Well maybe i'm not to familiar with the (only a japanese??) concept of "love confession"...

BYE....VIVA ZEPPELIN!!!!!

BTW 9/10...
Old 2009-01-23, 10:48   Link #75
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Spoiler for one word:

Spoiler for Good parts:
Old 2009-01-23, 10:54   Link #76
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Very enjoyable episode. 10/10
Poor Kitamura... Poor Taiga... Poor Amin...
I mean, this is just a big effing train wreck, isn't it?

Now, as for the people who claim to never having seen girls/women behaving like the two topical ones in this episode, I only have this to say: you're very lucky for never experiencing something like it. Or to have participated in something like it. It's very, very dangerous.
Hazardous to one's health.

Old 2009-01-23, 10:57   Link #77
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Well, as always here's my take on the episode:

Toradora - 16 Impressions and Reflections

I hope you read and enjoy it.
Old 2009-01-23, 11:07   Link #78
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Wow, this was a powerful episode. it was great!
Old 2009-01-23, 11:13   Link #79
Fran~
floating away...

This episode is full of win...

11 of 10.
Old 2009-01-23, 11:27   Link #80
ThinkTank

The only reason that Ami says that to minori is because she has an idea of what is going through minori's head atm.

Quote:
The handbook was snatched away before the second photo could be confirmed. The person that stuffed Taiga's handbook into her pocket while wearing a slightly depressed smile, looking like a wise angel, was Ami.

"Come, let's all help to clean up... To all the seniors, I'm extremely sorry about this incident, the tiger from our class is just too..."

"No, it's not Kawashima's fault."

"Right, don't worry, cheer up!"

The situation would become like this with a bat of Ami's delicate eyelashes. The students of 2-C helped their seniors clear up the mess. Only one person stood motionless, her eyes scrunched up into a line.

The usual cheerful smile had disappeared from Minori's face as she seemed to be deep in thought. She seemed as if she had suddenly thought of something, then wrinkling her eyebrows to try to forget something, and then shaking her head. Looking at her, Ami seemed to understand what was going on.
Ami made a move to get up, but thought better of it, instead crouching back down to continue tidying the notes that were scattered on the floor. But she noticed the weight of the student handbook in her pocket, and stopped what she was doing once again, thinking of that person's usual actions. Ami also stood up expressionless like Minori. She won't sympathize with her! Although she didn't sympathize...

"..."

I guess they didn't get the point across that Ami isn't just a vicious person. She also is the type that can read others very well. Most of the misunderstanding could have been solved with a quick scene that showed more interaction than just that simple dialogue. Maybe the next episode will flesh the scene out more.
Closed Thread