AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-07-14, 06:18   Link #1001
Gilgamesh00

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Forget it, let's not discuss about this anymore. There isn't a point for me to prove it anymore, it doesn't seem like anyone here agrees with me.

No matter how hard you try to convince me their names are justified I still think they are ridiculous.
I think it too, but I like that, 00 codenames are so elaborated that is ridiculous, is more like one oji-san lost all day thinking in names that perfectly fits with pilots history and personality, no one [REAL] secret organization would do it, they probably would put fruit names followed by a number and ok, like apple 01, lemon 09...what not fits with a Gundam show.

Last edited by Gilgamesh00; 2009-07-14 at 06:32.
Gilgamesh00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 06:48   Link #1002
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh00 View Post
I think it too, but I like that, 00 codenames are so elaborated that is ridiculous, is more like one oji-san lost all day thinking in names that perfectly fits with pilots history and personality, no one [REAL] secret organization would do it, they probably would put fruit names followed by a number and ok, like apple 01, lemon 09...what not fits with a Gundam show.
Instead of a oji-san, I think you can put a drunk woman

And codename and callsign are not the same thing. A callsign need to be short, easy to say (Uruz 7 ), a codename only need to hide something take the example of processor the commercial name are nearly always easier/shorter than the codename (Bloomfield/Core i7).
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 01:41   Link #1003
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Back on topic for the meantime. (Not that I mind it).

Does anyone know what kind of anti-beam countermeasures the Superbia has?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 23:11   Link #1004
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

This month's 00V: GN-008 GNHW/3G Seravee Gundam GNHW/3G and GN-00902 SEM

Spoiler for Double Treat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armament
(Seravee)
GN Bazooka II x2
GN Cannon x8
GN Beam Saber x8
GN Beam Machinegun x2
GN Shield x2

(SEM)
GN Cannon x2
GN Beam Machinegun x1
GN Beam Saber x2
GN Shield x1
Also, some early info:

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioactive28
The description called it an unmanned Seraphim, and it seems like SEMs were meant to really boost the range of the Trial System. Only, Tieria hadn't linked back with Veda when the planning for the final conflagration began, and production met with difficulties, so they abandoned this plan and went with the GNHW/B configuration instead.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 23:24   Link #1005
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Wow. It looks like Seravee can mount two SEMs on it!
Old 2009-07-23, 01:01   Link #1006
Nightwing(T_T)
Sooo............sad

Gundam 00I Information Post by mike_s_6

Spoiler for Info:
Nightwing(T_T) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 04:36   Link #1007
helois

the seravee could be called Family Gundam! Seravee as Father,Seraphim as Mother and the two new gundams as sons... :eh:
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 06:15   Link #1008
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
The SEMs really look like half a suit.......I mean it has one machine gun on the hip and one one clevicle antennas......

Seriously Four MS running on one Drive.....?Wow that really is overkill,this one will definitely have a long recharge time to maximum.Maybe even longer than Virtue.

Would be awesome to have all four of them go Trans-Am.......and then flank and bang an enemy....

I love the GN Machinegun design of the SEMs.Certainly alot nicer than 0-Raiser's.

I'm glad that they decide to link it to the GNHWs,we can see where it was meant to be used at least.

Hmm.......I thought Seraphim's Trial System had a pretty good range overall.

Have any idea on what SEM stands for?
Old 2009-07-23, 06:40   Link #1009
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
what does SEM means? uh, this?

Sem (Shem)
Spoiler for meaning:

but we want the TECHNOLOGICAL meaning, not the Gundam's God/Angels themed namings
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 07:23   Link #1010
mike_s_6

Just my guess. If you look at the spelling of "Seraphim" and remove the two syllables in the center in the Japanese spelling, it's "Sem". The main difference between the two is that Sem is unmanned. The pilot, the center of Seraphim is gone, so perhaps they thought it clever to remove the inside syllables of Seraphim and it turns into Sem.
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 08:10   Link #1011
mike_s_6

Translation of text on the lower left of the image (mine, standard translation disclaimers apply):

Quote:
Seravee is a GN heavy weapons type. It comes with Seraphim, and 2 unmanned Seraphims called “Sem” for the expansion of the Trial System to a wider area, and from which Veda-linked machines with solar furnaces are rendered useless. Along with Seravee, the 2 Sems are communicated to using quantum signals from Seraphim, and this remote control interaction range is theoretically infinite. On the other hand, there is a limit to the area that the Trial System can expand to. Nevertheless, an area of a hundred kilometers can be covered, and the whole battlefield can be covered completely.

Though the development was sped up as a trump card to the enemy Innovators, manufacturing the 2 Sems was difficult, and as the current status is that its meister, Tieria, has not regained the link to Veda, the Sems are only a luggage to Seravee, and there was anxiety of being shot down before Veda was recaptured.

Because of this, Seravee sortied in the final battle with GNHW/B, which was the second plan.
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 12:41   Link #1012
CelestialNocturne
OrgoKnight

Quote:
Seravee is a GN heavy weapons type. It comes with Seraphim, and 2 unmanned Seraphims called “Sem” for the expansion of the Trial System to a wider area, and from which Veda-linked machines with solar furnaces are rendered useless. Along with Seravee, the 2 Sems are communicated to using quantum signals from Seraphim, and this remote control interaction range is theoretically infinite. On the other hand, there is a limit to the area that the Trial System can expand to. Nevertheless, an area of a hundred kilometers can be covered, and the whole battlefield can be covered completely.

Though the development was sped up as a trump card to the enemy Innovators, manufacturing the 2 Sems was difficult, and as the current status is that its meister, Tieria, has not regained the link to Veda, the Sems are only a luggage to Seravee, and there was anxiety of being shot down before Veda was recaptured.

Because of this, Seravee sortied in the final battle with GNHW/B, which was the second plan.
Seems a tad strange to me that instead of giving the Seravee more units to send out to assist itself (which in turn would really be assisting the Seraphim) so as to contend with the overwhelming numbers they were facing (regardless of whether or not Tieria was connected to Veda), that they instead merely provided the suit with additional particle regulators along with two more guns. If anything, these SEM units could have shielded the Seraphim from the Reborn Gundam as it was being shot down and would have likely helped in avoiding the destruction of the Seravee at the hands of Hilling and Revive...
CelestialNocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 13:11   Link #1013
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

As already mentioned, with Tieria not having any connection to VEDA, the SEM's would just be useless luggage on the Seravee, not to mention that the aforementioned difficulties in constructing the SEM's implies that they may not have been completed in time to be useful.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-07-24, 07:04   Link #1014
Nightwing(T_T)
Sooo............sad

Quote:
By: mike_s_6

Hobby Japan September 2009 issue
Kidou Senshi Gundam 00V

Drama Part: GNX-612T/AA Superbia Jinx
Hiling Care’s Story

Hiling, who sortied in the Superbia Jinx for the CN’s base destruction mission reminisces about Amy Zimbalist, who reported as a substitute for duty. Amy said that Hiling is “cute”. She is a battle type who has no sexual distinction, but because there is an inconvenience in the human society, each of them pretends to be either male or female. Hiling pretended to be a female. She had no bad feelings when called “cute”.

Furthermore, Deborah’s Advanced Jinx story is also published.
The new and old models were conducted to a similar mission, and they did comparison tests between them. Deborah refused the test manager’s suggestion that she should board the Jinx III and goes on the Advanced Jinx. Amy, who for some reason disliked Deborah, also boarded an Advanced Jinx. After the two people clear their cooperation mission, the scientists who showed the good record from the new model were put in a state of confusion.

Quote:
Dengeki Hobby Magazine September 2009 issue
Kidou Senshi Gundam 00P

Title: File no. 22 “Betrayer”

[in this chapter: Soran Ibrahim is to be kept alive + drama, drama, drama]

After Grave is handed down the duty of disposing of the Gundam eyewitnesses, he secludes himself in his room and links to Veda immediately after. He receives the news that “Soran Ibrahim”, who witnessed the OGundam armed intervention testing, is to be left alone. According to the Meisters’ counsel at that time, “The possibility of him spreading information is low, and the possibility of him being a man of talent for the organization is high”, and because of this reason, “Soran Ibrahim” is to be left alive. This same assessment is handed down regarding Fon Spark. However, one of them (Soran) is to be left alive, but the other one (Fon) is to be disposed of. Grave as of the moment doesn’t have the means of knowing, he doesn’t know that “something” influences this decision.

At this time, Chall knocked on his door, and went in for a visit. Previously, Grave had summoned Chall. He tells her, “I will go to battle, but I have no plans of disposing of anyone”. He furthermore tells to the surprised Chall, “There is no danger posed by them due to combat that is proven. I will withdraw from the obliteration orders from Veda.” Chall worriedly said, “Oh, will you, for your own sake, take on such a distress?” And to that Grave replied, “This is for my own belief”. After a moment of silence, Chall throws her deep sentiments to him.

“Please return alive. A gentle person is not suited for combat. Gentleness is what kills a person. …that’s what everyone says.”

“I promise. I will certainly return alive.”
Grave then furthermore conveys the existence of Fon Spark to Chall, and she recommended him as a member of the support group that she is building.

In a certain desert, Grave fights with a Tieren Kyitwo. Grave, who is a combat-type Innovaoid, destroys the drive of the Tieren Kyitwo in just a second after the Raziel begins to move, and ends the combat. Up to when he was returning to the base, Grave requested for a detailed analysis of the data of the combat, and he protests against the disposal orders. “If the action is validated after retreat [?], worrying that the spread of the news to a wide area is not necessary, the enemy becoming an armed threat does not exist.” Grave returned to the base, and just as he has changed to civilian clothes, the conclusion of Veda came out. “The cancellation of the disposal instruction.”

In Grave’s face can be seen a sight of relief, but in contrast, Hixar arrives with a surprising behavior. Hixar fires one shot with his gun, and again shoots Grave. The first landed on his leg, and again on his leg, and then on his back, and lastly on his torso. “Uh, wha… what…” Hixar says as he panics. Hixar himself did not understand why he was shooting his close friend.

Grave mustered to the last of his strength… “I’m s… sorry, Hixar…”

However this weak voice did not reach the panicked Hixar.
That very day, Grave was marked as “deletion” in Veda’s meisters list. And then Hixar’s record is re-registered from “human” to “essentially ideal Innovaoid”. However, this is only seen in the high level access. In the general level access, Hixar is also marked as “deletion”.

In fact, when Grave died in front of his eyes, Hixar had also died.

The next chapter is FILE NO. 23 “GUNDAM 874”
Interesting stuff
Nightwing(T_T) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 03:07   Link #1015
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
This month's 00V: GN-008 GNHW/3G Seravee Gundam GNHW/3G and GN-00902 SEM

Spoiler for Double Treat:

Also, some early info:
I have to say that's pretty fucking bad ass.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 11:44   Link #1016
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
The SEM reminds me of the GM

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 12:19   Link #1017
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Seravee Gundam GNHW/3G Technical Profile

Old 2009-08-03, 04:00   Link #1018
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
The GN Machineguns really looks nice for the above lineart.

The enitre setup also looks nice from different angles.

Production problems eh....?Maybe they're focuing all their factory weapons on the other GNHW and the GN-Sword III......and this one got left out.

By the way,how did CB manage to keep some of its bases anyway like Krung Trep and L5?Since I've heard that the UN found out all of their bases in 00F,or maybe it didnt and found only the supply points?
Old 2009-08-03, 04:06   Link #1019
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I forget, what bases does CB have left?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 04:06   Link #1020
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm surprised people didn't ragequit over the GNHW/3G. People are afraid of Fukudian Giant Backpacks these days.