AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-12-01, 12:09   Link #4101
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Arsenal lost again.
From the match today, it seems that Arsenal is the mediocre team, and Swansea is the top four team in EPL.
Great play by Swansea.

And i wonder what excuse will Wenger made again? Referee maybe??
Absolutely appalling performance. Swansea did get lucky breaks for some of their chances but the finishes were quality from Michu. You know your team's played an incredibly poor game when the attack starts going the other direction. Well done Jenko. Could have kept the pressure on Swansea, but instead relieved them of that by going backwards. ._.

Definitely need some tactics work. I'm also surprised at the lack of decisiveness in some of the passing. We were not afraid to knock it over the top last season, but it's all been on the ground this season. Due to this there is no real speed or incision in the attack.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 19:56   Link #4102
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

The result people will mostly talk about is Chelsea losing 3-1 to West Ham. I can already hear critics asking for the FSW's head soon when he just arrived last week.

We can start asking the question: who will be the next Chelsea manager? John Terry as a player-manager would be fun and reminiscent of Reggie Dunlop in Slap Shot (Dunlop, you stink! )
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 13:23   Link #4103
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Amazing game between reading & united, poor defensively, amazing in attack.
Old 2012-12-09, 10:30   Link #4104
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

glory glory man united
Old 2012-12-09, 13:44   Link #4105
baasiazm
Banned

manchester united <3
baasiazm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 13:46   Link #4106
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Great victory by United today. Tactics were spot on and we kinda expected City would give a fight after trailing down 0-2. RVP is earning his United Legend status very quickly and I just love it.

The only people whom I was mostly furious about today were the officials (especially that wrongly disallowed Ashley Young goal which should have sealed the fate of the match at 0-3) and, of course, the City fans who displayed the uttermost lack of class in recent years for club football among the top leagues. Rio Ferdinand got cut by a coin thrown by some tosser among the City fans and that wasn't the first time idiots threw stuff at United players in this season.

If you ask me, the FA must take action even it that means the Etihad will be empty (just like the San Siro a few years ago) in the next 2 home matches. With popping flares and throwing objects in a stadium in a country where such behavior is not tolerated, City will have to pay.

We just hate City!
Old 2012-12-09, 14:38   Link #4107
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

^^ City fans = scum

Joe Hart = much respect

Old 2012-12-09, 14:48   Link #4108
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizoku Keenan View Post
^^ City fans = scum

Joe Hart = much respect

This.

At least, some people still have cool heads amidst the madness.
Old 2012-12-10, 01:34   Link #4109
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Inter 2-1 Napoli.

Nevermind the Manchester Derby and Messi's scoring record. Best game of the week there.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 10:42   Link #4110
RapidPotential

As ever, Shitty lose in disgrace. Poor, poor attitude from their "fans". Must have been someone who recently converted.

Also I find it hilarious that the very same people who used to call van Persie a "rapist" just last year are now hailing him as their legend. Two-faced idiots. Nonetheless, we did get a nice sum from his sale and I am actually quite pleased to see United relying on him so much. Better hope he does not get injured, or you'll see another one-man attack in Rooney.

Love the Everton win over the scum over at the other side of North London. Everton's becoming a favourite of mine - won money off them the two times I bet on them.
Old 2012-12-10, 11:52   Link #4111
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

The blue smoke in the background makes everything look better!
Old 2012-12-10, 11:56   Link #4112
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Did we ever say anything against Van Persie? I can sense some bitterness in the tone of the message sent by Arsenal fans there.

For the record, Rooney scored twice yesterday and we have Chicharito who already scored 9 goals in 17 appearances; not to mention we top the league in the different goalscorers department (15). So, I find it ill-placed to say our attack depends on very few players.

About City... have them play the next 2-3 home games behind closed doors and then have the riot squad ready to stand by corner flags. That should be quite enough of a punishment and a black eye to the club's image. BTW, such punishment (playing behind closed doors) has been brought down before in England.

edit: great pics, kaito.
Old 2012-12-10, 16:04   Link #4113
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

LOLZ

Old 2012-12-10, 16:21   Link #4114
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Not sure it's popular enough of a beer/lager to be sold.
Old 2012-12-11, 17:46   Link #4115
RapidPotential

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Did we ever say anything against Van Persie? I can sense some bitterness in the tone of the message sent by Arsenal fans there.

For the record, Rooney scored twice yesterday and we have Chicharito who already scored 9 goals in 17 appearances; not to mention we top the league in the different goalscorers department (15). So, I find it ill-placed to say our attack depends on very few players.
Don't see why you should get offended because I wasn't singling anyone out; more specifically I am just quoting facts, because it did happen. Rather, blame those black sheep who paint a bad image of the club with their antics.

Chicharito's been playing off the bench and he's scored at least half of his goals as a substitute. He has not impressed playing from the get-go for me and the attack is only a two-man thing at the moment. The midfield's getting away with poor games at times thanks to the attack (unlike our ridiculous Arsenal side, who can dominate and still end up losing). Stats don't always mean everything because Rooney seems to be playing as an auxiliary AM these days - everything comes through him. Look at Arsenal's stats: they are not playing as badly as they look to be but the true representation is on the pitch.

Credit to RVP, jumping off the sinking ship to a team of higher quality. I can see why he's gone. Too good to play with the current Arsenal (not being sour grapes here) side.

Now I've got that issue aside...

What is wrong with this Arsenal side? Lost to Bradford on penalties? What have the players been doing on the training ground. The lack of urgency and cutting-edge is startling and we deservedly got dumped out unceremoniously. This whole team needs to wake up. Fourth place now seems like a pipe dream; I'm not even kidding.

That's what expectations can do to a team. Too used to being one of the top teams, and now getting upset by teams we should be punishing.
Old 2012-12-11, 19:09   Link #4116
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

About RVP, I wasn't sure about you but read a number of messages elsewhere, hence my question. I'm aware we had a few idiots of our own talking ill crap about him, but I'm still quite new into this particular thread unlike some. For that matter, I also say case closed.

If I look at the global picture about Arsenal, it's such an enigma. It's almost as if they forgot how to play an English game in an English league in order to win the battle of wills (even Germans know how to do that in the Bundesliga... you know, fighting spirit). I think time will soon come for the club to proclaim the divorce with Arsene Wenger. At age 63, no trophies to claim in the last 7 years and some dodgy investments (although Carzola is a very solid one so far), I don't think there's much of a chance for him to take this club back on track if he doesn't accept to add some fighting spirit in the roster (which I strongly doubt he will).
Old 2012-12-11, 21:33   Link #4117
RapidPotential

Arsenal lack a solid English-based spine for the team. Jack Wilshere has only recently returned, as has Kieran Gibbs from injury, especially Oxlade-Chamberlain, with a stop-start season.

The only player who even looks to be fighting for the cause of the team is Jack Wilshere. Really determined, driven player who looks to make something happen with his ability. Many of the rest are just bottlers and it's disheartening to see the state of affairs at this point.

Walcott's contract situation isn't helping. Apart from the few teams who were already interested in him, I've seen rumours floating about that United themselves want to bring him to Old Trafford, though I'm not sure what for. He is unhappy to play wide and United have stocked full of strikers.
Old 2012-12-12, 07:40   Link #4118
Azuma Denton
~AD~

A loss to lower division in Capital Cup is really frustating. Especially if you field your "almost" best XI.

28 shots, 8 shot on goal, and only one goal??
Clearly Wenger has lost his touch. Arsenal needs a new manager that can bring out fresh ideas. Please Kronke, approach Guardiola...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 07:45   Link #4119
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
A loss to lower division in Capital Cup is really frustating. Especially if you field your "almost" best XI.

28 shots, 8 shot on goal, and only one goal??
Clearly Wenger has lost his touch. Arsenal needs a new manager that can bring out fresh ideas. Please Kronke, approach Guardiola...
It's impossible to agree with everything Wenger's done during the club's dry spell but I don't see how he's suddenly "lost his touch" or how "fresh ideas" are going to help the team climb back into contention with the likes of United, City and Chelsea.

Better players have to be brought in.
Old 2012-12-12, 07:54   Link #4120
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
It's impossible to agree with everything Wenger's done during the club's dry spell but I don't see how he's suddenly "lost his touch" or how "fresh ideas" are going to help the team climb back into contention with the likes of United, City and Chelsea.

Better players have to be brought in.
Well, from what i see on this season. Lack of tactic, stubborn team selection (Ramsey on the left side, Gervinho as the main striker), not being able to offload players.

I agree better players have to be brought in, but as long as our key players is being sold and mediocre player being hold on, no chance we will be competing with top teams nowadays.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer