AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-31, 14:06   Link #5221
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
What? When did it happen?
Vol.19.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Strange. Why did her ability work? I recall back during the Kazakiri arc, Touma was unable to hear the Judgement telepath issuing an evacuation order.
This chapter explains it.

That judgment girl wanted to set a link between their minds.

Here Misaki throw all the info he could at once since a link wouldn't work on him and if he touched his head the message would be deleted.
Old 2013-08-31, 14:08   Link #5222
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Strange. Why did her ability work? I recall back during the Kazakiri arc, Touma was unable to hear the Judgement telepath issuing an evacuation order.
Same reason why Misaki warned Kamijou to not touch his head. The connection back then disappeared. It's not that he wasn't affected by it but he accidentally cut off the connection. Here's the exact part of it in the LN:
Spoiler for Volume 6, Chapter 2, Part 8:

He was affected by Ars Magna before as well and dispelled it with IB so this isn't inconsistent.
Old 2013-08-31, 14:27   Link #5223
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Same reason why Misaki warned Kamijou to not touch his head. The connection back then disappeared. It's not that he wasn't affected by it but he accidentally cut off the connection. Here's the exact part of it in the LN:
Spoiler for Volume 6, Chapter 2, Part 8:

He was affected by Ars Magna before as well and dispelled it with IB so this isn't inconsistent.
Ah. Thanks. I only watched that scene in the anime.

In any case, this proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Misaki shares some sort of history with Touma. Harem +1!

I wonder what sort of reason Kamachi had for not putting this story in the Index line. I mean, it clearly involves Touma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Spoiler for So this is Mikoto now? The one on the left, Raijin demon.:

It seems being turned into a demon didn't give her tits like Raijin, though.

Even science Level 6 at 2% can't do miracles, Misaka-kun.
Nice eye. I was wondering where Kamachi got this design from. I'm betting we'll see Misaka go Level 6 either when Touma dies in front of her or when she finally works up the guts to confess to him.
Old 2013-08-31, 14:37   Link #5224
tsunade666

Quote:

Nice eye. I was wondering where Kamachi got this design from. I'm betting we'll see Misaka go Level 6 either when Touma dies in front of her or when she finally works up the guts to confess to him.
Mikoto can't go level 6 on her own. Mikoto was only be able to partially awaken thanks to the imaginary sector, poured into her. She become a vessel where the imaginary sector manifest. She is unlike Accelerator and Kakine that can do it on their own.
Old 2013-08-31, 14:48   Link #5225
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Mikoto can't go level 6 on her own. Mikoto was only be able to partially awaken thanks to the imaginary sector, poured into her. She become a vessel where the imaginary sector manifest. She is unlike Accelerator and Kakine that can do it on their own.
Yeah, but Accelerator and Kakine managed to awaken through an epiphany or strong negative emotions. There's no reason Mikoto can't take the same route. In my previous post, I was referring to awakening on her own without the network.
Old 2013-08-31, 14:58   Link #5226
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
The chapter is out.

I find it interesting that Misaki mentions angles while contacting Touma, and that she used a "data burst" method to message him.

Makes me think her ability to to contact his head would be extremely spotty. A brief contact would be fine as long as she's at a good angle in relation to IB, but prolonged contact would increase the risk of IB cancelling it.
I think this has rather has to do with the difference nature of Misaki's method and a telepath's.

Let's assume that for a telepathic esper to communicate with someone, they have to establish an AIM wave connection similar to a wireless phone or radio connection. In this case, the AIM field emitted by the telepath would act similar to radio waves and oscillate in all directions, and the brain normally acts as the antenna receiving the signals. However, for Touma his Imagine Breaker would jam the signal and prevent it from reaching his head at all.

In Misaki's case, she instantaneously transmitted information to Touma's brain directly using a remote, which travels in the form of a straight ray of infra-red light. You could say in this way, Misaki sent Touma information in the form of a mental letter. It doesn't require a continuous emission of AIM/radio-like signals, so Imagine Breaker doesn't cancel it unless Touma directly uses his hand and blocks it.
Old 2013-08-31, 15:12   Link #5227
tsunade666

Quote:
Yeah, but Accelerator and Kakine managed to awaken through an epiphany or strong negative emotions. There's no reason Mikoto can't take the same route. In my previous post, I was referring to awakening on her own without the network.
possible. I won't deny it because it's already been shown and I think everyone can awaken given that they manage to attain the requirement for it. But the problem here is they don't meet the requirement. Remember parameter's list?

Academy city would stop helping you if it will take too much time to develop you.

So everyone being stuck in lower level and only 7 level 5 can be discarded if Academy city went all out but they are also govern by tight budget and man power.

So, sure Mikoto can awaken given she attains the required stats for it.

The status of no 1 and 2 are higher than the lower one and they can do it alone on their own.

But for Mikoto she needed to be jump start by the imaginary sector to reach that required stats to awaken into level 6.

So unless something happen to Mikoto (just like what happen to Rikou) then her going stronger is still just a mere dream but the possibility is there.
Old 2013-08-31, 15:42   Link #5228
NeutralZero

Didn't Touma's IB have a certain speed and volume limit in relation to canceling abilities?
If we recall Touma can't hear the telepathy from v6 even in close range and not even using his hand to block the path... and Misaki even mentioned a right angle...

In terms of awakening, for Mikoto to have access to the sector and the network, why not have her use the same electrode or whatnot Accelerator is using?
Old 2013-08-31, 15:58   Link #5229
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
If we recall Touma can't hear the telepathy from v6 even in close range and not even using his hand to block the path... and Misaki even mentioned a right angle...
I think telepathy works like a WIFI, you have to first search for recipients, then establish connection, then send stuff through a canal.

I think Misaki managed to concentrate her ability in exact direction, without searching for the recipient and avoided with that IB.
The telepath girl had no idea about it and we can suppose she was not able to establish the connection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
In terms of awakening, for Mikoto to have access to the sector and the network, why not have her use the same electrode or whatnot Accelerator is using?
This is not the Calculation Capability, but the power from Imaginary Number District.
I believe Accelerator also downloaded "data" from it when he awakened.

PS: talking about Accelerator, I think I take back what I said that Xochitl will face Gensei.
I found something much better on 4chan , made me laugh really hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4chan
Next Chapter:
- Gensei's plan fails
- Mikoto returns back to normal
- Gensei out maneuvers Misaki yet again and makes his way to his escape car
- Gensei tells the driver to slow down as they reach a safehouse.
- The white-haired driver tells him "This car has no breaks. Only an Accelerator."
Old 2013-08-31, 16:03   Link #5230
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Next Chapter:
- Gensei's plan fails
- The white-haired driver tells him
"This car has no breaks. Only an Accelerator."
Hahahahaha, my sides!!!!
Old 2013-08-31, 16:06   Link #5231
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Accelerator's wasn't negative, what he did was sacrifice himself for someone else sake(LO) while receiving unknown laws(trough Index's chant spell).

Kakine as well, he wanted to sacrifice everything included himself as long as his unkown goals reach Aleister who caused via AC to make him fall so low.

So isn't about good or evil but the mentality behind their actions. Both Kakine and Accelerator are fitting of Aeon of Osiris: Self-sacrifice and a at the same time understanding/acepting unknown laws beyond science.

That and a title for her power like "The Power that matches God"(Accelerator) or "The Power that reaches the place inhabited by God"(Kakine)

@zaeraal
lol wasn't that a pun line used when Accelerator killed Sister 9982?
Old 2013-08-31, 16:18   Link #5232
Baron-Zara

DAT SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!! >_< <3<3<3

Misaki!! Just what the hell did TouMAN do for u??? Her reaction indicated she's friggin madly in love there O_O

KAMACHIIII!!!! Stop TROLLING AND TEASING U BASTARD!!! XD This is totally unfair WAAAAAH T_T That smile shouldn't be legal!!!

As expected of the Windowless Building ^^
Old 2013-08-31, 16:20   Link #5233
FallenHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
That and a title for her power like "The Power that matches God"(Accelerator) or "The Power that reaches the place inhabited by God"(Kakine)
"The Power that runs the Internet of God" - Mikoto
Old 2013-08-31, 16:24   Link #5234
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenHero View Post
"The Power that runs the Internet of God" - Mikoto
Bitch please, everyone knows that God use something beyond the Internet, what with His quantum computer and all
Old 2013-08-31, 16:34   Link #5235
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Next Chapter:
- Gensei's plan fails
- The white-haired driver tells him "This car has no breaks. Only an Accelerator."
That is PERFECT. Reminds me of the "no breaks on the rape train" thing.
FUND IT! FUND IT COMPLETELY!
It fits perfectly with Kagun's definition of Accelerator as the Anti-Kihara.
Old 2013-08-31, 17:42   Link #5236
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Speculation is that she was already a harem member before Touma even met Mikoto and Index.
Yeah, but this puts her:

Spoiler for Index NT 7 Chapter 1 scene:

line into perspective. In this Railgun chapter, Misaki basically said something along the idea of "If your impeccable timing was for someone else I'd be bothered, but if it's to help me, I would think you were my knight in shining armor".

So if we apply that logic to what she said in NT 7, then we could say that she was pouting/getting angry in her own way over the fact that Touma was going to great lengths to help someone other than her. Misaki also did say that girls are selfish, after all.

... though I have no idea why I'm bothering to look into the romance side of anything Kamachi written when it probably won't ever go past the comedy part of romcom.
Old 2013-08-31, 18:16   Link #5237
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
... though I have no idea why I'm bothering to look into the romance side of anything Kamachi written when it probably won't ever go past the comedy part of romcom.
Never underestimate Kamachi.
Old 2013-08-31, 18:27   Link #5238
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Never underestimate Kamachi.
Indeed, he gave the least popular male protagonist a kiss scene (And only him) ! Standard conventions doesn't apply to him !
Old 2013-08-31, 18:36   Link #5239
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Indeed, he gave the least popular male protagonist a kiss scene (And only him) ! Standard conventions doesn't apply to him !
Indeed. He also gave him a harem. A loli, girlfriend, seductress and imouto

Touma and Accelerator doesn't hold a candle against a man in relationship. They both are single and busy on taking care of their charge. Either for food expense or playing too much.
Old 2013-08-31, 18:38   Link #5240
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Indeed. He also gave him a harem. A loli, girlfriend, seductress and imouto
I wouldn't call Mugino a seductress...
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen