AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kashimashi Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 1 5.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 22.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 27.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 27.78%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 16.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-27, 07:25   Link #21
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
The three genres you listed are the ones in anime that have by far the most mediocrity. Even though I don't think Kashimashi is the greatest thing ever, I'd rather it get attention then the overwhelming number of crappy titles in those three genres.
Mediocrity in what? Quality? That depends on which animes you're talking about. In terms of popularity, the 3 mentioned genre are DEFINATELY the leading ones (genre) on the anime popularity charts.

For the record, when I say "harem", I mean eroge converted animes, since most such games can "qualify" as harem in genre. But meh, its somewhat of a mistake.

Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, FMA, FMP(season 1, fumoffu, TSR), Gundam(MSG, Seed/destiny, Zeta/ZZ, Wing), Air, Kanon, Shuffle! Canvas2, Mai Otome/Hime, Fate/Stay night, etc.

You're telling me that all of the above animes are not popular?
Old 2006-03-27, 07:37   Link #22
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Mediocrity usually implies quality, which is what I was talking about. Popular? No argument, of course they're popular. Quality? That depends on each title individually.
Old 2006-03-27, 11:14   Link #23
Eclipze

Quote:
Mediocrity usually implies quality, which is what I was talking about. Popular? No argument, of course they're popular. Quality? That depends on each title individually.
...And that was the whole point when I listed the 3 genres.
Old 2006-03-27, 13:17   Link #24
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Mediocrity in what? Quality? That depends on which animes you're talking about. In terms of popularity, the 3 mentioned genre are DEFINITELY the leading ones (genre) on the anime popularity charts.
The two actually go together a lot of times. Popularity breeds imitation, and imitation breeds mediocrity. So you can both be right.
Old 2006-03-28, 17:11   Link #25
setsuka

Quote:
I'm the opposite. I hate the fact that he's been relegated to a joke character (and not a very good joke either), because I thought he was one of the more interesting characters in this story. I was disappointed that they were so quick to write him to the side-lines, but now they're going out of the way to make him as one-dimensional as possible. Disappointing.
I agree. I'm a big fan of Asuta and I'm really disappointed at the way the anime treats his character. I know it's impossible to consider him as one of the possible candidate for Hazumu but stilll....
Old 2006-03-30, 19:22   Link #26
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
I am going to go against the grain here and declare that I still find the Namiko-sensei and Asuta jokes to be quite funny. I got several chuckles and one really good laugh out of this episode (Don't meet eyes with him! ) However the romance aspect of this episode was somewhat dissapointing. While a lot of stuff happened it didn't really advance the plot much. However the possiblility of a permanent three-some has definatly gained ground.
I originally started watching this show because I thought that there was going to be a whole lotta Yuri going on. But after episode two the yuri aspect lost my attention. I instead got hooked on the romance and comedy. I think that this series loses a lot of potential viewers because they read girl meets girl in the title and decide that it's just a good for nothing yuri fan service show.

Side note:
Xabins video quality is terrible, WAY too many artifacts at even the slightest action scene. BOO!
Old 2006-03-30, 20:55   Link #27
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Xabin's fine (other than some mediocre editing... but I'll forgive). I have a suspicion that they use some unconventional codecs because I've seen people complain about the video quality, but I haven't had a single issue.
Old 2006-03-30, 23:31   Link #28
Eclipze

Xabin's version is fine for me as well, although I dont exactly pay too much attention to the video quality...

Would using the CCCP affect the video quality at all?
Old 2006-03-31, 01:08   Link #29
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Interest in this show seems to have plummeted since its move to an independent forum. I wonder why. Harder to find the forum? The novelty wore off? Just a little too weird a concept for a larger audience? The romance isn't enough to sustain more people's interest?
Well, at first, I tried waiting until KnKf released theirs... and then I switched to waiting for GNU and then getting KnKf's when that came out... and then, well... I skipped over that Temporary Fansub thing, but I finally caved with Xabin today. Provided KnKf is going to follow though, I'll get their versions whenever.

That's why I've been holding back with Kashimashi, anyway. I still like it, even if it hasn't descended into a lesbian orgy yet.

Quote:
I'm the opposite. I hate the fact that he's been relegated to a joke character (and not a very good joke either), because I thought he was one of the more interesting characters in this story. I was disappointed that they were so quick to write him to the side-lines, but now they're going out of the way to make him as one-dimensional as possible. Disappointing.
Total agreement. Asuta is a crap character. I wouldn't mind if he suddenly disappeared from the story without explanation.
Old 2006-03-31, 01:48   Link #30
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

1) I find it very odd that someone would be into this series "for the comedy" .... what comedy there is here is so disconnected from the central story that it is almost more like omake (dad, teacher, jan-puu). Slice-o-life comedy is fine (just like real life has comedy in it ala H&C) but staged comedy is rather jarring against what is a fairly serious and somewhat sad romance.

2) Though I'm really enjoying the central plot thread (the threesome), I am also very disappointed in the sidelining of Asuta away from any dramatic role. There was a LOT of interesting potential here in exploring his feelings toward Hasume ... just dropped at the beach. As a sideline comedic character he's worthless, very sad. I'm hoping the manga treats him better (just starting to read that).
Asuta had to come to terms with his buddy suddenly being "gone" and replaced with an attractive girl who had his buddy's memories. That could have been very interesting (too bad the anime dropkicked it early).

3) As good as ep 9 was in plot progression... it did seem a little contrived to have each girl round the corner at exactly the wrong time.
Old 2006-03-31, 07:07   Link #31
Xabin
Careless

Send a message via MSN to Xabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtetsuo
Side note:
Xabins video quality is terrible, WAY too many artifacts at even the slightest action scene. BOO!
The video quality is good for 140mb. And no, there are no artifacts, try using CCCP or updating ffdshow. I have no idea what you're using. >:o
Old 2006-03-31, 07:10   Link #32
Xabin
Careless

Send a message via MSN to Xabin
Quote:
Xabin's fine (other than some mediocre editing... but I'll forgive). I have a suspicion that they use some unconventional codecs because I've seen people complain about the video quality, but I haven't had a single issue.
You just made Marine cry!
Well, I don't really think H.264 is that unconventional. =P
Old 2006-03-31, 18:59   Link #33
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
I'm running a mac (therefore no CCCP or ffdshow) with VLC 0.8.4 and Quicktime 7.0.4
I haven't had any issues with any other H.264 files. I get the feeling that VLC is somewhat unfriendly towards mkv's though. MplayerOSX refuses to play the file completely (typical for a program that hasn't been updated in about a year).

I too am also saddened by Asuta's regulation to the sidelines. As before stated I do find his jokes to be a nice break from the more serious apects of the show, but he could have been such a better character!