AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 16 23.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 31.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 26.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 11.59%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-12-12, 01:30   Link #81
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Went through the entire series over the weekend and I'm already loving the morally grey lead and twisty writing.

Something about Millay, has anyone noticed that the busybody and her family are collecting a very valuable commodity in a feudal state. In the old days it's called political coin or favours. They are harbouring an heir [and spare] to the throne, directly intervened to prevent discovery of Karen/Kallen's heritage and is already planning to marry off the girl.

Looking at Millay in this light, the cat hunt she triggered has another meaning. If she is able to obtain something that can turn the normally taciturn Lulu into a manic and panicking wreck, then the favour coming back will be so much bigger. Any bets she has lots of embarressing photo's of the bloke with a painted face and neko ears
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 02:13   Link #82
ordnance11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
Went through the entire series over the weekend and I'm already loving the morally grey lead and twisty writing.

Something about Millay, has anyone noticed that the busybody and her family are collecting a very valuable commodity in a feudal state. In the old days it's called political coin or favours. They are harbouring an heir [and spare] to the throne, directly intervened to prevent discovery of Karen/Kallen's heritage and is already planning to marry off the girl.

Looking at Millay in this light, the cat hunt she triggered has another meaning. If she is able to obtain something that can turn the normally taciturn Lulu into a manic and panicking wreck, then the favour coming back will be so much bigger. Any bets she has lots of embarressing photo's of the bloke with a painted face and neko ears

Actually, I'm more impressed with Millay's figure. Her comment on Shirley's figure applies to her as well. Come on Rival, don't be a wuss. Take her lips!
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 02:20   Link #83
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
sounds about right :3 millay is the type to go around with binoculars spying on people and using the the evidence to blackmail causing great amounts of head pains for lulu

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 02:35   Link #84
ImClueless
Rawr

Cornelia mentioned that Britannia is fighting the EU on the El Alamein front. That pretty much means Britannia controls a big chunk if not most of Africa. So basically Britannia controls the America's, Australia (from that invasion Japan map) and some big part of Africa. For anyone who has played Risk that should pretty much mean game over for a place like the EU. Europe has very few exploitable resources left and with Britannia in control of so many natural resources/manufacturing power it should be a pretty short battle. That Chinese faction would be able to put put a decent fight since they control at least all most of eastern mainland Asia (again that map), but they don't seem to be fighting Britannia because otherwise area 11 should be a major battlefront. Anyway some random conjecturing.
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 05:17   Link #85
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Hm, this was not bad, tho the flow of the ep seemend pretty irregular to me. So, OoBK are working to gain the appeal of general population. Not bad, Lulu Tho it seems the late night work is getting to him and Kallen The things Lulu said to Kallen in the park(?) were rather blunt... i am curious why Kallen does not suspect him of something, because the way Lulu talked sure is not a normal POV of a Britanian. But then again she is not a 'normal' britanian either... tho i don't think Lulu said those things just for the heck of it(beeing the scheming type he is) - most likely he wanted to find something out about Kallen on a more personal level.

The 'new' OP was nice. So it is confirmed - Suzaku and Euphie = Kira and Lacus from the op scene ...Lets see if we can get Lulu to make a mechanical bird for Suzaku. Looks like OoBK will be getting some new faces as well.

Suzaku...damn, he annoys me just as much, if not more, than Kira did. The 'holyer than thau' BS he spouted in that conversation with Lulu is beyound ridiculous. I don't know what kind of imaginary world he is living in, but it is time to wake up and smell the coffee. (which is unlikely to happen, being the holy boy that he is)

Hm...i have to wonder if the friendship between him and Lulu will last, because their views are as different as they can possibly get. I wonder if he will join Lulu at some point, or he will be sticking with britania till the end... looking towards Kallen vs Kira...i mean Suzaku... i hope CL kicks some arse

Now...since i like a story to include romance - how do you all think: will there be any worth mentioning, and between whom?

Lulu x Shirley (hm...don't know about this one - i suspect Shirley has a thing going for Suzaku as well)
Lulu x Kallen (I can see this happening under some circumstances, but somehow i doubt it)
Lulu x CC (my personal favorite Tho i don't know - and i have a suspicion CC might not make it trough the series )

Suzaku x Euphie ?
Suzaku x Nanaly ?
Suzaku x Shirley ?
I have no idea about Suzaku at the moment my biggest hopes concerning him is that he dies and/or stops talking
Old 2006-12-12, 09:14   Link #86
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Suzaku's not bad, but he's gone beyond my tolerance lvl I mean, it's ok to be law-abiding and try to make things ok, but when the system is corrupt and the only aid you had were some group of terrorists, it's time to lay back and re-evaluate the situation. Although things go his way more or less now, which is not good for his attitude but whatever But he didn't annoy me that much to begin with. His VA kinda sucks probably

I suppose it's going to be LuluxCC if CC makes it, LuluxKallen if Kallen makes it but CC doesn't, and LuluxShirley if all else fails... Unless there's a LuluxSuzaku LOL

Suzaku... Well, if Euphie doesn't die, I foresee SuzakuxEuphie.
Old 2006-12-12, 10:23   Link #87
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

As a Kiraist it´s very easy to chose sides. Of course I´m going to cheer on the guy with the brown hair fighting in a new special mecha for the princess with pink hair.

I caught up with the show yesterday, and I got to say that I didn´t expect for it to actually blend in comedy as much as it does. Makes it a little less "heavy" and easier to watch. Atleast when watching more than one episode at a row.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 14:04   Link #88
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImClueless View Post
For anyone who has played Risk that should pretty much mean game over for a place like the EU. Europe has very few exploitable resources left and with Britannia in control of so many natural resources/manufacturing power it should be a pretty short battle.
Not if the EU were to control much of E. Europe along with Russia.

Quote:
That Chinese faction would be able to put put a decent fight since they control at least all most of eastern mainland Asia (again that map), but they don't seem to be fighting Britannia because otherwise area 11 should be a major battlefront.
Or perhaps they just lack the technology to fully resist Britannia.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 14:04   Link #89
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

It's hilarious and confusing at the same time how people that are annoyed by suzaku's pov always try to find some deeper positive meaning in Lulu's actions and words.

I don't understand why should there be some deeper meaning to Lulu's words to Kallen? Everything he said is how the higher class has always thought in our world and i doubt they have a reason to think any differently in the world CG i set in even if it's so different.

As for Suzaku he may be a dreamer but he's got valid points nontheless. His belief that everything can be completely changed form the inse may be wrong but Lulu's way of doing things isn't much better in the long run.
Crushing a corrupt system without having a replacement woven into the old one does more damage than good.
So to pull a Lulu and start a grandscale rebellion that this will turn into you have to pull a Suzaku too and use anything good that can be found in the old system.

They will have to join forces and form a similar pov (more or less) sometime if they want Brittannia to really change.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 14:38   Link #90
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
I don't understand why should there be some deeper meaning to Lulu's words to Kallen? Everything he said is how the higher class has always thought in our world and i doubt they have a reason to think any differently in the world CG i set in even if it's so different.
No one is saying that the things he said should have deeper meaning, what he said was perfectly clear. The reason why he said it probably has some meaning behind it, because Lulu clearly is not some one to do something just for the heck of it.

Quote:
As for Suzaku he may be a dreamer but he's got valid points nontheless
His points border on absurdity given the current situation and are not going to change anything.

Quote:
Crushing a corrupt system without having a replacement woven into the old one does more damage than good
What makes you think he does not have a plan? For example he left Euphie alive, possibly because he knows that she is not of the bloodthirsty lot. Now if he kills the rest of the family Euphie becomes the head of the Britania empire.
Old 2006-12-12, 14:54   Link #91
cyoti

Quote:
His points border on absurdity given the current situation and are not going to change anything.
And you think a local resistance/terrorist group can change a global super power and its attempt at world domination?

Quote:
What makes you think he does not have a plan?
Because of the fact that he has solely concentrated himself on toppling Britannia. He has done nothing to show that he has thought beyond Britannia's destruction and frankly I doubt he has given it much thought since he thinks taking down the Empire will ensure a better world when that probably isn't even half the solution.
Old 2006-12-12, 15:06   Link #92
Muddle!

Send a message via AIM to Muddle!
I was under the impression that Lulu said those things to Kallen as to further push her away from suspecting him as Zero since The Order of the Black Knights have been more active recently thus leaving them both exhausted but maybe I am wrong. On the whole it does make me sad to see him push away people like this. I hope that eventually he gets someone other than C.C. to share his feelings with.

When it comes to Suzaku I am not necessarily annoyed by his point of view it is just much harder for me to sympathize with him rather than Lelouch. Of course the show is mainly from Lulu's POV so it should be naturally easier to sympathize with him but whenever only two or three of the vast Brittanian military/royalty seem to not have an open prejudice it makes Suzaku's whole "change Brittania from the inside" plan seem well much harder than Lulu's "revolution against a global superpower" idea (strangely enough) though both ideas seem rather faulty to me for now.

Last edited by Muddle!; 2006-12-12 at 15:08. Reason: Added info
Muddle! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 15:09   Link #93
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
And you think a local resistance/terrorist group can change a global super power and its attempt at world domination?
Want to bet you will see that happen ? At any rate Lulu has a MUCH more realistic approach to the situation.

Quote:
Because of the fact that he has solely concentrated himself on toppling Britannia. He has done nothing to show that he has thought beyond Britannia's destruction and frankly I doubt he has given it much thought since he thinks taking down the Empire will ensure a better world when that probably isn't even half the solution.
Nice to see you ignored the rest of that paragraph you quoted. Here, let me say it again for you - he left Euphie alive(whose views differ from the current empire). He kills the rest of the family, Euphie becomes the leader of Britania - case solved.

He has done nothing to show he has any plans plans on what to do after? He has shown us nothing on how he plans to use the OoBK in order to crush the empire either. You are going to imply that he has no plans regarding this either, simply because "it has not been shown yet" ?
Old 2006-12-12, 15:21   Link #94
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Lelouch's Geass superpower balances the scales a bit and even without it, he has a much bigger chance of succeeding than Suzaku. You simply cannot change an enormous empire ruled by ruthless people with just naive idealism. At least not in the real world, that is.

Quote:
I suspect he does not care much what happens after he gets his revenge which is reasonable, considering his small chances of success. Why bother thinking so far ahead?

Quote:
He kills the rest of the family, Euphie becomes the leader of Britania - case solved.
Not really, unless there are dramatic changes in the Britannian society and mentality of the aristocracy, no way Euphie will stay on the throne for long. Unless she becomes ruthless, too but in this case why would Lulu bother preferring her to a random other member of the royal family or himself for that matter?

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 15:29   Link #95
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Nice to see you ignored the rest of that paragraph you quoted. Here, let me say it again for you - he left Euphie alive(whose views differ from the current empire). He kills the rest of the family, Euphie becomes the leader of Britania - case solved.

He has done nothing to show he has any plans plans on what to do after? He has shown us nothing on how he plans to use the OoBK in order to crush the empire either. You are going to imply that he has no plans regarding this either, simply because "it has not been shown yet" ?
Now you're boarding on absurdness. You really think he left Euphie alive solely because she's different that her family? HIs plan had a higher priority thatn wacking of a member of the royal family. Besides he knows that killing her would've start hell and no way in hell would he be able to go on with his allies of justice plan.
Now to the absurd part. Even if Euphie remains the last living mebmer of the royal family there is no way that she would be empress. This doesn't even happen in fairy tales. What would happen would be another fight for the survival of the fittest when all the powerfull nobles would duke it out in a great civil war and more suffering to the little people.

Ann your implying he has plans on a shaky argumnet of him leaving Euphie alive.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 15:36   Link #96
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Actually, if Euphie's turn in line to the throne comes, disputing it is openly rebellion. But then, everyone can dispute ANY successor if that were the case. The chances of generals respecting the line of successors is the same whether it's Euphie or someone else. I don't think just because others have been eliminated in the process makes it harder for Euphie to succeed the throne. It'll be a civil war anyway, if the dukes want to. It actually depends on the loyalty of the subordinates. If Euphie is liked by the army masses, I don't believe it'll be in anyone's best interest to initiate a civil war. So yes, Euphie does stand a chance of changing things if her turn comes through elimination or otherwise.

Having said that, I don't know whether Lulu thought about that or not but his priority right there was to send Euphie back and introduce his order. If he can benefit from Euphie in any other way, I'm sure it'll come to Lulu eventually.
Old 2006-12-12, 15:36   Link #97
Storm-and-Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Now you're boarding on absurdness. You really think he left Euphie alive solely because she's different that her family? HIs plan had a higher priority thatn wacking of a member of the royal family. Besides he knows that killing her would've start hell and no way in hell would he be able to go on with his allies of justice plan.
Now to the absurd part. Even if Euphie remains the last living mebmer of the royal family there is no way that she would be empress. This doesn't even happen in fairy tales. What would happen would be another fight for the survival of the fittest when all the powerfull nobles would duke it out in a great civil war and more suffering to the little people.

Ann your implying he has plans on a shaky argumnet of him leaving Euphie alive.
I actually think that Lelouch didn't kill Euphemia because he wants to use her to get to Cornelia. I don't really think he would care so much about her so as to let her live and become an empress later on...
Storm-and-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 16:21   Link #98
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
As others have reiterated thats just absurd, changing the leader of the Britannia Empire is not going to do anything unless the rest of the political and military leadership are also willing to go along with refusing the current policy of global domination and social evolution and if not then she would quickly become either another corpse or a puppet for a would be emperor.
Old 2006-12-12, 16:24   Link #99
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
You simply cannot change an enormous empire ruled by ruthless people with just naive idealism. At least not in the real world, that is.
I'd point out terrorism coupled with good PR is probably going to accomplish far less as recent events in our world have show.
Old 2006-12-12, 17:06   Link #100
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
I'd point out terrorism coupled with good PR is probably going to accomplish far less as recent events in our world have show.
I though I had mentioned in the past that Lelouch had no intention of performing terrorism?

(Note: the following are IMHO, so feel free to disagree as usual)

Terrorists only do what they do because they don't believe they could win against their chosen opposition government. Thus they go after civilians and soft targets, rather than risking annihilation by open pitch battle against the army. That's why when Kallen heard form Zero "Do what I say if you want Victory", she was so shocked and willing to give him a chance; Like the other 11s, Kallen didn't actually believe blowing up buildings and stealing poisonous gases would dent Britannia in any way. But that was the only things they could do without being killed, as such survival and "sending a message" became the only things left for them.

Zero isn't interested in terrorism; not because he has any moral fiber, but because he wants to do things that works. As the title of the show says, Zero is starting a rebellion. This require large amounts of skilled manpower, financial backing, sufficient technological support, and control of the population. And in the next few episodes you will see how Zero's PR efforts (in episode 8)would come to fruition for some of the major requirements.

Don't forget, the Britannia is large, but quite a few areas in its control would be very much like Japan in terms of civilian unrest. The "Britannians" in the Code Geass universe were far less savvy in terms of maintaining populous discontent in colonies than the real British Empire back in the day, and as such a much larger military presence would be necessary in each of the 18 conquests. Even if Lelouch became a very large military threat, the Emperor would not be able to concentrate all his forces in Japan to squash him, as that would weaken the hold on all the other recent conquests.
And if Japan gains independence, the other colonies (and threatened nations like EU and Asia) most certainly would wonder whether they themselves could do the same. Sometimes losing the aura of invincibility could be fatal.

Essentially, what Lelouch is doing is fully achevable; the only issue is the number of innocent lives that would be lost by the time the dust settles (Which Lelouch doesn't give a damn about).

As for Suzaku? Ironically, his method is the exact opposite of a terrorist, but the mentality is actually identical. Suzaku doesn't believe a military victory is achievable either, and as such submitted to doing everything the slow way. Suzaku gave himself the goal of changing Britannia, even though he might very well know he wouldn't live long enough to even detect the changes.
Like a terrorist, Suzaku just wanted to feel like he is doing something for his goals, but without caring if what he does actually works or not. Essentially, he took the easy way out.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2006-12-12 at 17:17.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote