AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-12-09, 09:12   Link #1
LIQUIDCELL

Pantera "dimebag Darrel" Shot Dead

"A gunman stormed the stage during a heavy metal rock concert in Columbus, Ohio, on Wednesday night, firing at the band and audience and killing four people before a police officer shot and killed him, police said. One of the dead was guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott. The gunman also wounded two people."

-CNN

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
*cries in anguish*

I happen to love Pantera! What a f*ck** tragedy!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/09/nightclub.shooting/index.html
LIQUIDCELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 11:32   Link #2
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Actually, I read that he was an "ex-member" of the group and it was in a nightclub. He was playing with a new group called "Damage Plan." Also, it appears that abbott was the primary target. The other people were secondary targets. Once the guy was sure abbott was down for the count, he started taking out other people nearby. From what I can tell by reading the article he had a bone to pick with Abbott, then bezerked on everyone else. I may not have liked Pantera or even that genre of music, but to see someone go like that is really sad and I wouldn't wish it on anybody. Too bad the gunman got out the easy way by dying and won't stand trial for his crime.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 16:23   Link #3
LIQUIDCELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Actually, I read that he was an "ex-member" of the group and it was in a nightclub. He was playing with a new group called "Damage Plan."
Yeah, he was also a close friend and had jammed with Nickelback.
LIQUIDCELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 21:37   Link #4
FearTheMullet

Darrell Dimebag Abbot

Was shot dead last night in Ohio. This is a SAD day for metal fans worldwide.

August 20th, 1966 - December 08th, 2004

Forever a Legend

Re...

Spect...

Walk!

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-12-10 at 01:26. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before posting a new thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FearTheMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 22:23   Link #5
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

See this thread: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=25010
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 23:24   Link #6
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
I was driving all day, but on the radio they said that Fox News was talking some serious crap about it all. One anchor even went so far as to say that with titles named like some of Pantera's, he doubted Dimebag would even really be missed. Not to mention they were accusing the music of provoking the dude.
Taboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 08:30   Link #7
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Yea....and all that fun action happened just mere hours (approx 4) from my current location. woot woot. Ugh...shakes head corn sniffing fool. They're already getting on our case about video games and they kind of slightly forgot about music, but this will bring the issue back up.
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 15:43   Link #8
FearTheMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo
I was driving all day, but on the radio they said that Fox News was talking some serious crap about it all. One anchor even went so far as to say that with titles named like some of Pantera's, he doubted Dimebag would even really be missed. Not to mention they were accusing the music of provoking the dude.

I hate when people do that, if anyone actually heard the music, it's there to make sure you don't do that shit. I f*cking HATE those lousy stupid Christian Fundamentalist bastards who go around saying metal/hard music is evil cause it provokes violence. It's untrue and ignorant, I am a devote Roman Catholic and don't believe any of that stupid shit they try and cram down peoples throats. The only thing that provoked the violence was that guys own messed up past.

About the motive:

From what I gathered, the man was mad because Pantera broke up (after a power strugle between Phil Anselmo(singer) and Dime and Vinnie(Guitarist and Drummer)) Dime and Vinnie got sick of Phils dumb-shit attitude and disbanded. Then after forming "Damage PLan" (the new band) this fucking psycho had to go all 'shit up in the head' and kill Dime. It's disgusting how fucking sick some people are.
Old 2004-12-11, 18:54   Link #9
100demons
F-Bomb

There is much better metal out there than Pantera. If anything they are mediocre in talent when compared to others. It's a damn shame he's dead, but thats really no reason to praise Pantera's weak attempts at metal. Now go on git, go discover some real metal.
100demons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 01:12   Link #10
Entropy
Flame warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo
Come on now...

It's Fox Fucking News

Fox is ok for the Simpsons and the like,but for news?pssshhhh...
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 01:34   Link #11
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

I heard the guy how killed them was a Marine.
Too bad. I guess Marines shoudn't listen to Metal music on assaults. hmmm looks like violence does affect teenagers brain.
Old 2004-12-12, 01:36   Link #12
Somedude

Heh, I'm glad I got to see Pantera a few times. I hope Vinnie can go on playing, but I don't blame him if he quits.

My birthday claims another famous musician. (Dec. 8th is also the day John Lennon was shot and killed, same year I was born, I get to hear about it at length every year from my parents. :/)
Somedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 16:33   Link #13
beet

A sad day for all the fans...not me but still sad...
beet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 20:57   Link #14
Wang Hung Lo
Death to False Music

Send a message via AIM to Wang Hung Lo Send a message via MSN to Wang Hung Lo Send a message via Yahoo to Wang Hung Lo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Actually, I read that he was an "ex-member" of the group and it was in a nightclub. He was playing with a new group called "Damage Plan." Also, it appears that abbott was the primary target. The other people were secondary targets. Once the guy was sure abbott was down for the count, he started taking out other people nearby. From what I can tell by reading the article he had a bone to pick with Abbott, then bezerked on everyone else. I may not have liked Pantera or even that genre of music, but to see someone go like that is really sad and I wouldn't wish it on anybody. Too bad the gunman got out the easy way by dying and won't stand trial for his crime.
Where do you come up with this shit, man?

"While most concertgoers rushed for the exits after Abbott was shot by a longtime fan of his former group, PANTERA, Nathan Bray (photo) jumped up on stage, held Abbott and tried to perform CPR, said Adam Vanover, 45, of Bellefontaine.

"When (Bray) looked up at the shooter that's when the shooter shot him," Vanover said.

Witnesses and police said a group of people tried to help those who had been shot after Abbott's band DAMAGEPLAN began playing at Alrosa Villa on Wednesday night. Police shot and killed the gunman, Nathan Gale, 25, of Marysville. "

courtesy of blabbermouth.net
Wang Hung Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 23:23   Link #15
GG_Luna128
Far, far away...

A sad day, indeed. Darrell was a prodigy, without doubt, a unique style and a big 300w transistor amp (don't forget the Washburn axes, too). He will be missed by a lot of people.
I was fan of Pantera (while it lasted), so I almost went on shock when I readed this.
He was killed the same day than J. Lennon, so the killer had that in mind... it's just plain sick.

I just hope that Vinnie will get better and continue playing some f*cking good Heavy Metal.
GG_Luna128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 23:30   Link #16
Bullsquat
Strange Love

It's a sad day indeed. Considering trash metal is a dying breed too.

Who's going to carry the torch now that all those kickass metal bands no longer exists? We need a new Sepultura. A new Max Cavalera!
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 10:24   Link #17
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheMullet
I hate when people do that, if anyone actually heard the music, it's there to make sure you don't do that shit. I f*cking HATE those lousy stupid Christian Fundamentalist bastards who go around saying metal/hard music is evil cause it provokes violence. It's untrue and ignorant, I am a devote Roman Catholic and don't believe any of that stupid shit they try and cram down peoples throats. The only thing that provoked the violence was that guys own messed up past. .
uhm.... I'm not exactly sure what the definaition is to a Christian Fundamentalist however calling them "stupid bastards" can't be much more ignorant then "them" calling music evil

regardless..it was a tragic act of violence from one man

Now promoters may have to pay more for insurance because of this idiot. The shooter truly hurt the music he claimed to love by taking things into his own judgement.

I also feel sadness for the family, friends and fans of all victims including Dimebag He was truly loved and will be missed so very much.
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 17:03   Link #18
DigitalisAkujin
Web Developer

Send a message via AIM to DigitalisAkujin Send a message via MSN to DigitalisAkujin
Personally half the people who are saying shit didn't even know off the guy before he died. I mean yea it sucks he's dead but a lot of people need to get a life.
DigitalisAkujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 23:29   Link #19
FearTheMullet

Unhappy -=My Tribute to Dimebag Darrell=-

http://www.morbidtheory.com/revolution.mp3

did a cover of revolution is my name, enjoy and post FEEDBACK, PLEASE.

cya

EDIT:

Well this'll get the mods pissed(and I'll probabbly be banned) ; Why would you dumb asses merge my Tribute thread in a thread that has been dead for a while? The mod who merged this was a fackin idiot and should go to hell.

Last edited by FearTheMullet; 2005-01-02 at 14:42.