AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-10-17, 08:45   Link #4521
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by neowind View Post
the clone of another clone of the ? Are we going to have like lost bothers and sisters coming out of the wet work now?
Actually, I meant her reaction to having another older sibling. She doesn't really like the one she has now, so it isn't hard to imagine her reaction to a second one.
Old 2013-10-17, 20:08   Link #4522
tuckersister

I would put my mind if Houki has an old brother (maybe half brother). I mean look who M is? Another Shinonono would be a possibility.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 00:38   Link #4523
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I would put my mind if Houki has an old brother (maybe half brother). I mean look who M is? Another Shinonono would be a possibility.
If Houki has one, Tabane would have abducted him already...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 01:04   Link #4524
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

>Muv Luv
>Grimdark

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

*Ekhm*

Anyway, the way I see it:

Laura: East German ESPer knock-off. Not really effective. Disposable human weapon under Sandek's command, probably as a part of Idar Flight

Charlotte: Everyone hates French in Muv-Luv, so let's make this one count. Let's see...mother dies from stress and overwork to try and get Charlotte out of country before BETA arrive. Fails. Charlotte presumably stuck in one of the towns that get the early chomp, miraculously survives by timely Mirage flyby. Is found by her father, and put on a refugee ship to Canada, only to find Canada a nuclear wasteland, because MURICA FUCK YEAH. Prostitutes herself to get by, before eventually being drafted by French Foreign Legion. May or may not be RLF sympathizer.

Cecilia: Gets off easy. Parents die heroically fighting the BETA, her dad in particular, just to fuck with her preconception of him being "worthless". Much of the family fortune is spent on trying to get support for England. Enlists in RAF to fight BETA in the TSFs to continue proud family tradition. Still stuck-up and entitled, and largely held back from real actions.

Chifuyu: Ikaruga's adjutant, and the designated wet-work henchman.

Maya: Long-since dead. Probably never got past training stage. Or killed in the first deployment, in front of Chifuyu.

Tabane: Imprisoned by one of the Alternative Plans. Possibly works on G-bombs. Grown bitter with the nature of mankind, she's a secretive Allegiance member, and wants the world to die, because it doesn't deserve to win war against the BETA.

Houki: IJA or IRG YAMATO DAMASHII hardass. Actually competent in fighting, but she paid for it with pretty much everything. Heavily suffers from PTDS outbreaks, leading to heavy medicine and alcohol abuse. Laments the fact that she will never be a mother, and that she can't love anymore.

Madoka: Chifuyu's sister. Went completely psycho due to combat stress. Loves to fight, because it's literally the only thing she knows anymore. Most likely a mercenary like Christopher and his merry German band.

Tatenashi: Self-entitled noble. Makes decisions with best intentions at heart, but ends up failing every time, or only makes things already worse. An optimist that was born in the wrong time.

Kanzashi: Sarashiki family head pilot. Actively resents and hates Tatenashi as "weak-willed", and believes in pragmatic approach to things. War had long-since crushed any gentleness in her. Allied with Ikaruga.

Rin: Irrelevant. Died when China got CHOMPed.

Natasha Fairs: Mobius On- I mean, Alfred Walken's loyal side-kick. Master of Raptor and FREEDOM. Doesn't really like all the crap that America pulled, but understands that it had to be done to keep the war going, and American civilians and the refugees there safe.

Ichika: No matter what you do boy, you're fucked. Pick your poison.

-Whew. Did I miss anyone?
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 01:11   Link #4525
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Wrong thread bro
Old 2013-10-18, 08:48   Link #4526
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
>Muv Luv
>Grimdark

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

*Ekhm*

Anyway, the way I see it:

Laura: East German ESPer knock-off. Not really effective. Disposable human weapon under Sandek's command, probably as a part of Idar Flight

Charlotte: Everyone hates French in Muv-Luv, so let's make this one count. Let's see...mother dies from stress and overwork to try and get Charlotte out of country before BETA arrive. Fails. Charlotte presumably stuck in one of the towns that get the early chomp, miraculously survives by timely Mirage flyby. Is found by her father, and put on a refugee ship to Canada, only to find Canada a nuclear wasteland, because MURICA FUCK YEAH. Prostitutes herself to get by, before eventually being drafted by French Foreign Legion. May or may not be RLF sympathizer.

Cecilia: Gets off easy. Parents die heroically fighting the BETA, her dad in particular, just to fuck with her preconception of him being "worthless". Much of the family fortune is spent on trying to get support for England. Enlists in RAF to fight BETA in the TSFs to continue proud family tradition. Still stuck-up and entitled, and largely held back from real actions.

Chifuyu: Ikaruga's adjutant, and the designated wet-work henchman.

Maya: Long-since dead. Probably never got past training stage. Or killed in the first deployment, in front of Chifuyu.

Tabane: Imprisoned by one of the Alternative Plans. Possibly works on G-bombs. Grown bitter with the nature of mankind, she's a secretive Allegiance member, and wants the world to die, because it doesn't deserve to win war against the BETA.

Houki: IJA or IRG YAMATO DAMASHII hardass. Actually competent in fighting, but she paid for it with pretty much everything. Heavily suffers from PTDS outbreaks, leading to heavy medicine and alcohol abuse. Laments the fact that she will never be a mother, and that she can't love anymore.

Madoka: Chifuyu's sister. Went completely psycho due to combat stress. Loves to fight, because it's literally the only thing she knows anymore. Most likely a mercenary like Christopher and his merry German band.

Tatenashi: Self-entitled noble. Makes decisions with best intentions at heart, but ends up failing every time, or only makes things already worse. An optimist that was born in the wrong time.

Kanzashi: Sarashiki family head pilot. Actively resents and hates Tatenashi as "weak-willed", and believes in pragmatic approach to things. War had long-since crushed any gentleness in her. Allied with Ikaruga.

Rin: Irrelevant. Died when China got CHOMPed.

Natasha Fairs: Mobius On- I mean, Alfred Walken's loyal side-kick. Master of Raptor and FREEDOM. Doesn't really like all the crap that America pulled, but understands that it had to be done to keep the war going, and American civilians and the refugees there safe.

Ichika: No matter what you do boy, you're fucked. Pick your poison.

-Whew. Did I miss anyone?
At least he will be competent in combat or he will just be Beta bait.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 01:22   Link #4527
neowind

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Actually, I meant her reaction to having another older sibling. She doesn't really like the one she has now, so it isn't hard to imagine her reaction to a second one.
Yeah I know^^ just being silly. if they keep having more lost ones coming out^^
Old 2013-11-01, 02:25   Link #4528
Flere821
Lurker

Remind me, was ep5 of this season of IS from the LN plot? My mind is saying no, and I dropped it a few minutes after the opening credits from the sheer useless fanservice If it is however, I might have to go re-read that bit just so I can sit through this week's IS episode.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 05:05   Link #4529
n0m@n
C-Z

I dont think there was a scene like that either. Maybe its a anime original and they may diverge back into the LN from next episode. Actually, Im pretty sure that wasnt a scene where Chifuyu acted like that.
Old 2013-11-01, 05:16   Link #4530
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Ep5 must be a filler episode. Considering they squeezed in 2-4 the contents of vol.5, I'd think that Vol 6 and 7 would be next. They might skip vol.8 altogether. Or else they might be doing an anime original story.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 06:47   Link #4531
tuckersister

They are trying to shrink Vol 6.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 04:30   Link #4532
Flere821
Lurker

Right, thanks. I'm gonna drop this season of IS and maybe go back to it when I'm bored or something
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 07:17   Link #4533
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Right, thanks. I'm gonna drop this season of IS and maybe go back to it when I'm bored or something
At least go to the last 10 or so minutes to understand the reason behind the stupid fanservice filled event, and to watch the only LN faithful scene... by 5he way, I wad expecting Volume 6 content... f*cking production studio
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 07:35   Link #4534
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Bitches a whores Damn

I won't be surprised if Volume 8 somehow included for NTR PLOT reason
Old 2013-11-02, 09:15   Link #4535
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Bitches a whores Damn

I won't be surprised if Volume 8 somehow included for NTR PLOT reason
i don't think they will do that
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 09:35   Link #4536
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Unfortunately, I am steadily losing faith.

They skipped what essentially Cecilia's ONLY character development in the series.

But I still hanging on that small hope, just barely.
Old 2013-11-02, 10:28   Link #4537
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Unfortunately, I am steadily losing faith.

They skipped what essentially Cecilia's ONLY character development in the series.

But I still hanging on that small hope, just barely.
Don't hope, despair! Despair is sweet.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 10:31   Link #4538
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The higher they climb the harder they fall, or so I head
Old 2013-11-02, 11:28   Link #4539
Trung-t-rung

Still wonder how the author can waste a such a good premise.
I mean IS are weapons not toys. They are weapons capable of destroy an armies for god's sake. The children there are trained to be soldiers yet I haven't seen one on-field missions or military conduct.
I really hope the author can at least follow the plot of Seirei Tsukai or Hidan. They are average novel series, Yes. But they can blend the whole serious plot and romance comedy, harem hijinks without being too much forced. And a MC that is actually not useless.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 12:18   Link #4540
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Still wonder how the author can waste a such a good premise.
I mean IS are weapons not toys. They are weapons capable of destroy an armies for god's sake. The children there are trained to be soldiers yet I haven't seen one on-field missions or military conduct.
I really hope the author can at least follow the plot of Seirei Tsukai or Hidan. They are average novel series, Yes. But they can blend the whole serious plot and romance comedy, harem hijinks without being too much forced. And a MC that is actually not useless.
Hidan is a BAD example, because of what a mess it became.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen