AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

View Poll Results: Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 6 15.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 56.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 17.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2018-04-13, 15:53   Link #21
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I can't help it, seconds into the very first scene and I just had to screenshot it!

https://imgur.com/a/AjGuc
Old 2018-04-13, 16:30   Link #22
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

"it's been nine months since you transferred." nah, more like 16 years.. it was everything i wanted. the pace was relentless, but i'm glad they did it that way. everyone watching needs to get up to speed fast.

also, hand holding?! this was my original ship way back when.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2018-04-13, 21:11   Link #23
Friday
Im shy too...

Welcome back FMP!!!!

great to see this series again, its been so long

I hope they got permission to use "Jean Reno" expression from Leon aka The Professional

loking forward to the rest of the series
Old 2018-04-13, 22:12   Link #24
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

This is so good. It's great to see the cast again. So this is what nostalgia feels like

Longest 5 minutes indeed
Old 2018-04-13, 22:27   Link #25
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Awww, yeah. It finally begins~

While the episode did definitely speed through to the start of the long five minutes, I can't say I'm particularly saddened by it. The pacing never felt rushed to me. So, now I can't wait to see how far into the series this season adapts.

How many episodes are we getting?
Old 2018-04-13, 22:52   Link #26
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Trying to decide if this is intentional or a coincidence:

ADV Films was the original licence holder for FMP in the US before they got reborn into Sentai Filmworks
Old 2018-04-14, 00:11   Link #27
BluePhirePB

SO good to have FMP back after such a long hiatus!
Old 2018-04-14, 00:15   Link #28
Tormenk

First episode looks impressive on every count, except for the walking Codarl. The AS do look sharp though so I'll reserve judgment on that for a while longer.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2018-04-14, 01:00   Link #29
Darthtabby

I was really impressed by this episode. Not only by the production values, but also by how effective it is at getting the viewer up to speed in an organic fashion. It's been a while since I read (a fan translation of) the novel this arc is based off of, but it seems to me that the anime is more or less following the source novel's general story while cutting and adding material as necessary to make it work well in anime format. Shoji Gatoh's previous experience adapting his own work (and other people's) into anime format really seems to be paying off here.
Old 2018-04-14, 01:52   Link #30
Kakurin
大佐

Just a curious question, if one wants to watch this series, what needs to be watched at the minimum in order to understand anything?
Old 2018-04-14, 02:10   Link #31
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
Just a curious question, if one wants to watch this series, what needs to be watched at the minimum in order to understand anything?
You could try reading ANN's The Beginner's Guide to Full Metal Panic! or even just jumping in cold, but personally I'd recommend watching at least the first season and The Second Raid -both can be watched on Crunchyroll and on Funimation's youtube channel. You can probably skip the purely comedic Fumoffu spin off, though a couple characters like the student council president have only previously appeared in anime format there.
Old 2018-04-14, 02:52   Link #32
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
...just jumping in cold,...
Jumping in cold to FMP IV is a terrible idea. It's like directly watching Return of the Jedi before experiencing A New Hope & Empire Strikes Back. Audience will have low-to-no emotional attachment for the characters & story .
Old 2018-04-14, 03:04   Link #33
Ghostfriendly

So good to see Sousuke and Chidori again, still best couple. Tessa looks sweet as always, and it's great to see them following the novel closely, though maybe we'll get a shorter alternate ending rather than the 4 or 5 further novels, I wouldn't mind that.

I still remember in the novel that Leonard taunted Sousuke with his having killed more people than Dr Shipman, whom we've probably all forgotten by now. After Leonard's similar line in the anime, it would have been great to have a few scenes from Sousuke's Afghanistan years flash before his eyes, before Chidori hesitantly gripped his sleeve...that the drawback of a straight, cut-down adaption, but I'm glad we are getting straight to business and not messing around with any student hijinks this time.
Old 2018-04-14, 03:17   Link #34
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
I recommend against this until you watch season 1 and 2 and maybe 3 if you feel like it.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2018-04-14, 03:32   Link #35
Tenzen12

Yeah third season (Fumoffu) can be skipped without any harm, but missing great deal of fun
Old 2018-04-14, 03:59   Link #36
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhirePB View Post
SO good to have FMP back after such a long hiatus!
still waiting for Index season 3
Old 2018-04-14, 03:59   Link #37
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I think I'm probably missing something that wasn't covered in the previous anime seasons and novel-only, but I think I get the idea.
I'm pretty impressed at how similar the VAs sound to their voices from so many years back. Of course, a number like Tessa and Kyouko sound slightly aged, but I guess it can't be helped...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2018-04-14, 04:26   Link #38
EroKing

Art looks great, exactly like the old seasons. A bit fast-paced at the beginning and they start the war already in the 1st episode, guess that was understandable this being a 12 episode series. Just having this series back after so long is a miracle
Old 2018-04-14, 05:06   Link #39
xeviouses

Yeesh, why only 12 episodes? Oh heck at least the animated story is back after 13 years...

Next ep hype!!!
Old 2018-04-14, 07:03   Link #40
ScrewySquirrel

Did anyone notice that fourth wall learn during the attack?

Mithril Comms Officer: "Line A, Line D, Line V... All lines have gone silent!"

ADV has gone silent. Nicely played.
Closed Thread