AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-04-23, 07:22   Link #81
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Music and pics run fine and great on it without homebrew (and I can play music in the background while reading manga I copied to the memory stick), but the movie playback is indeed quite a bit limited. (although I expected as much) It won't take any of the avi or mp4s I have on my comp, but it shouldn't really be a problem when I feel like actually taking the time to look up how to get PSP-viewable avi's. When I'm done with Crisis Core. (love that game )
Well you clearly stated that the main reason you bought a PSP is to play games so the cw is really a plus for you. The video format is not a big problem i know a very good program that make very good conversions and fast.

http://vemode.coreforge.org/

I never had a problem so far and the PSP screen is made it so you can hardly see mpeg compressions

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 21:34   Link #82
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
This is so absurd I don't know how to respond. Even most Europeans don't speak English outside of England. Much less "the entire world".
So why do my European imported English PSP software have the following on the back of the box ? :-

"License for sale only in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Oceania."

I'm sure people in the Middle East, Africa and Oceania region do not know English that well according to you.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 22:43   Link #83
rg4619

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Did you know that you can make your own pandora battery even without a v1.5 firmware or CFW, all done with the tools in your own home? I never thoguht it was possible either, until a friend of mine said he didn't buy his battery and I knew he already upgraded his to the latest firmware. XD
Yeah, I made the Pandora Battery myself. Prying the cover open was a pain, but other than that, the procedure (cutting one trace on the circuit board) was simple.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 22:55   Link #84
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Probably because English is the informal universal language of international business and online worldwide social communication.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes, and there he was claiming that :-

"Even most Europeans don't speak English outside of England. Much less "the entire world"."
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 23:15   Link #85
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
So why do my European imported English PSP software have the following on the back of the box ? :-

"License for sale only in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Oceania."

I'm sure people in the Middle East, Africa and Oceania region do not know English that well according to you.
Edit: I'll stop this discussion now. Even though I feel you're very wrong, it's not as if anything I say will change your mind. I just want to say that you really should try to talk to more people from other countries. So you can be less ignorant of the world.

Last edited by meh; 2009-04-24 at 00:06.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 00:12   Link #86
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Ehm there is an even simplier answer to that question... it is a game distributed in England. You know... the country where the english language come from...

If you go in Spain you see the same thing written in Spanish, if you go in France you see the same thing written in French, if you go in Italy you see the same thing written in Italian. In any case it says "Europe" and not Italy France Spain and so on because the restriction only applies to Europe, but that doesn't mean the whole Europe gets the same package.

The only things that is always written in english is "Licensed for sale only in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Oceania." because this is an international statement, but that's the same as "made in". All the rest is translated.

Old 2009-04-24, 01:20   Link #87
plmko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Ehm there is an even simplier answer to that question... it is a game distributed in England. You know... the country where the english language come from...

If you go in Spain you see the same thing written in Spanish, if you go in France you see the same thing written in French, if you go in Italy you see the same thing written in Italian. In any case it says "Europe" and not Italy France Spain and so on because the restriction only applies to Europe, but that doesn't mean the whole Europe gets the same package.

The only things that is always written in english is "Licensed for sale only in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Oceania." because this is an international statement, but that's the same as "made in". All the rest is translated.
Umm I don't think it says "Licensed for sale only in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Oceania." because this product is in English. It is available in these area regardless of their ability to speak English because of the DVD region code (the picture of the Globe with a 2 underneath it).
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 01:25   Link #88
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

That's what i meant to say. Maybe i wasn't really clear.

If you take a game from Spain, Italy, France or Germany, you'll find out that for the most part they are translated in the local language, however the statements related to international laws are always in english. But that's certainly not because the locals are fluent english speakers, those parts are not meant to be understood by the mass, but you can bet the part where it says "for personal use only" IS translated, as well as the manual and the game script itself.

Old 2009-04-24, 01:34   Link #89
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

It certainly isn't released for Europe. My best guess is that it's for the Asian market, where there are several countries where english is very well known (Singapore and Hong Kong above all)

Old 2009-04-24, 05:53   Link #90
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post

International version (left), korean version (right). Do you think the international version was release specifically for England and North America?
As mentioned by Jan-poo before, business dealings involving more than one country are almost always conducted in English. International trade laws are written in English. So yes, and "International" version of a game would have English labels. Regardless of their distribution. English is the universal language in the BUSINESS world. Whereas a "Korean" version involves just one country. So of course it's in Korean.

However, the business world is not even remotely related to the normal world of game players. And you just can't equate them.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 23:41   Link #91
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Generally, you never want to update PSP official firmware. It's mostly all anti-HB patches and rarely if ever does it give you any kind of new features.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 01:56   Link #92
Zarifus

Don't know if this was ever brought up in the thread yet. There are alot of "Undub" versions of games floating around on the net.
Essentially, its the english game hacked to have the japanese voices instead of the english ones. Sometimes it'll feel a little funny when the localization has changed some lines around, as the text onscreen will be completely different from what you hear the characters saying.

You have to have a hacked PSP though, as you're basically running a backup/pirated copy, and even if you do own the game, its still kind of in the grey area. Unless you own both versions of the game, you'd be kind of playing a backup + half pirated game cause of the language files from the other version.

(Hope I didn't break any rules, just throwing the information out there.)
Zarifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 19:36   Link #93
Edgewalker
Nani ?

About Undub's - No, I don't think we can post any links to them here. They definetly fall under piracy.

That being said, if you don't mind the fact that you would be pirating, undub versions of old PSX one Jrpg's that are notorious for horrible dubs ( Grandia, Xenogears ) are out there and work.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote