AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-12-06, 02:19   Link #241
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Does baka-tsuki have translated the novels?\

when is the next volume gonna be released?
Old 2013-12-07, 17:05   Link #242
cRs95
Senior

Till now there is nothing announced. But if you look at the release date's of the other volumes, you can see that they were always released on the 15. of the month.

So maybe the 15 December? (If this December, then on the 14, because the 15 is a sunday this time)
cRs95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 01:36   Link #243
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

If I'm reading this correctly, Masuzu had a segment titled 「私の彼氏(笑)にも読ませたいですね」 and was included as added content in a light novel that goes by 異能バトルは日常系のなかで / INOU-Battle In the usually Daze (it was in the second volume). Probably some sort of short crossover or something?

Ruroo was credited, so there are illustrations.
Old 2013-12-09, 16:42   Link #244
cRs95
Senior

As long he doesn't forget about Oreshura, a cross-over would be completely okay :P

Here's hope for a soon release of the volume, and an announcement for a second anime season!
Btw, does anyone know if the sales of the merchandise are going well?
Old 2014-02-20, 01:46   Link #245
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

So, the Volume 7 illlustrations are up....

.... So, while knowing of the content of the volume and just judging by the images....

Spoiler:
Old 2014-02-22, 06:55   Link #246
cRs95
Senior

What exactly do you mean?
Wasn't Volume 7 released some months ago? Or am I getting this wrong right now?
Old 2014-02-23, 02:27   Link #247
starlol

According to spoilers on baidu(by different people)
It seems that
Spoiler for Oreshura volume7 spoilers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRs95 View Post
What exactly do you mean?
Wasn't Volume 7 released some months ago? Or am I getting this wrong right now?
No. It's this month. You are probably referring to Volume 6.5 . I think you got confused cause it has been too long since the author released a new volume lol.
Old 2014-02-23, 06:50   Link #248
cRs95
Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlol View Post
No. It's this month. You are probably referring to Volume 6.5 . I think you got confused cause it has been too long since the author released a new volume lol.
Oh okay.

On the german Wikipedia I read that the last Volume (7) was released on February, 15 2013. http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ore_no_...Shuraba_Sugiru

That's why I was confused Thanks.

Last edited by cRs95; 2014-02-23 at 07:14.
Old 2014-02-23, 10:42   Link #249
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

they are going to make Masuzu the tragic heroine. oh no
Old 2014-02-23, 13:27   Link #250
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Chiwa winning? I rather have Keita end up with no one.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 13:30   Link #251
Javani

Yes she raise the flags.

The last picture in the volume 7:
Spoiler for Vol 7:
Javani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 14:04   Link #252
flooir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Chiwa winning? I rather have Keita end up with no one.
i feel the same too.
flooir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 14:21   Link #253
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Looks to me like the opposite is happening. Quite often, if the MC picks a girl a few volumes before the finale, then that means there will be drama that causes him to "re-evaluate" his choice and go to the other girl.
Old 2014-02-23, 15:04   Link #254
Mentar
Banned

You NEVER want to be the girl seemingly "in the lead" in volume 8/10.

Storywise, any ending other than Masuzu would make no sense. The development is exactly according to this plan.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 18:25   Link #255
Lisemer

I wonder when the authors will learn to don't use those plot devices. We already saw Kuroneko apparently winning in volume 8/12 and then, what happened?
The only ones girls that seem to be winning before the end are Hitagi in the Monogatari series and Sena in Haganai, but we don't know if they will keep their status in the end against the other girls (like Shinobu and Yozora for example. I like the latters more than the formers, but who knows?).
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 18:39   Link #256
Miraluka
Banned

This series has lost almost all of its originality that make me get interested in the series.

Now it has become so obvios that you can even touch where the development is heading to... sigh.. just put this series out its misery already.

I would be fine with any girl "winning" Eita but Mazusu, why? Because I never could buy her as a likeable character so I can't get to enjoy her parts in the story with her alone, and I'm not into girls that win because the author played the "Look at her, isn't she pitiful? Love her. NOW." card, it didn't work with Yozora and it won't work here with Mazusu for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisemer View Post
I wonder when the authors will learn to don't use those plot devices. We already saw Kuroneko apparently winning in volume 8/12 and then, what happened? .
Oh that, time ago I followed the series as a Kuroneko fan but I wasn't so blind to not see that coming, I told my friend she was doomed and the author just wanted to milk the series and got laughed at, now he still is butthurt and the wasted time before that series finale .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 18:54   Link #257
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
I would be fine with any girl "winning" Eita but Mazusu, why? Because I never could buy her as a likeable character so I can't get to enjoy her parts in the story with her alone, and I'm not into girls that win because the author played the "Look at her, isn't she pitiful? Love her. NOW." card, it didn't work with Yozora and it won't work here with Mazusu for me.
In case you didn't realize it yet: Eita is very similar to Masuzu, with the exception that he's not as vindictive and bitter. He also detested love when the whole mess started, and he and she have been affected by each other. Having them end up with each other would make the story come full circle.
Old 2014-02-23, 19:06   Link #258
Miraluka
Banned

You can't put them on the same level, Eita had bad luck but it wasn't so awful and traumatic that makes any person become broken, he was just scared of failing again and so he spent his time on other activity.

People don't need to be similar to be with each other, there is no guide for coupling in this world . Btw, it doesn't changes that the developments towards the end of the series has become more cliche than ever.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2014-02-23 at 19:16.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 03:15   Link #259
Mentar
Banned

"Cliche developments" usually merely translates to "I don't like what's happening, but I pretend that it's poor storywriting objectively to make me feel better". I'm perfectly fine with the story development as is, and no, this "inverse" development of having the female lead gradually developing feelings for the male lead while this is causing him to more and more slip out of her reach is very nonstandard and thus non-cliche.

You don't like Masuzu, I get it. The overarching theme of the LN as I see it is how two people who are both genuinely anti-romance see their convictions gradually whittled down by dealing with each other. Now, it could also be "how a friendzoned Osananajimi managed to get her message through to him in the long run", but I don't think so.

In any case, I'm following it with sufficient curiosity.
Old 2014-02-24, 05:06   Link #260
larethian

Quote:
This series has lost almost all of its originality that make me get interested in the series.

Now it has become so obvios that you can even touch where the development is heading to... sigh.. just put this series out its misery already.

I didn't want to comment but this kind of comment really gets to me and I have to chime in. In the first place, how does "obvious" even tie up with "originality"? In this time and day, words like 'original/non-original' and 'cliche' are convenient words used by naysayers to label series they don't like without the need to form compelling arguments with specific examples and comparisons, which can only be done if one is intimate with the series one's comparing. I've seen many a times the same naysayers happen to conveniently avoid or argue against other naysayers who use these same words for series they like. Thus you will never catch me using these words.

I'm pretty intimate with this series and I have to say that this series has one of the most consistent recurring themes I've ever read in love comedies, making it rather well-written in my opinion. There are many other good or better ones for sure, but it's hard to find one that sticks to its theme (Shuraba x Ji-En-Otsu in OreShura's case) this closely and faithfully volume after volume. One of the other few contenders I can think of that has such coherence in its writing is Sakurasou.

On the note of the end, the story is set up for one of these ends:
1. Masuzu
2. Chiwa
3. Open (pseudo-harem) end

Any other end just does not make sense at all. Some people did make some good points in "defeat in romance...." thread which I agree with. It's not about how much you like a girl or dislike a girl, but whether you can buy the pairing based on author's intention and given developments along the way (and to do this, you have to see it as a literary work, and not just something that fulfills the reader's personal wishes). There's absolutely nothing wrong with a character having a 'tragic' past; what would be wrong would be if it's the author forcing that setting down your throat in a jarring or nonsensical way or in a way that's incoherent to the development of the story, past and present. FYI, the author did not just pull out a "pity" card all of a sudden. The development between Eita and Masuzu already began right at the beginning, and had a more or less consistent build-up, and it was already well-hinted that Masuzu has a 'tragic' past since volume 2. Heck, when a girl has that kind of bad personality, it should make anyone wonder what happened in her past (that happened to Eita heh). I made several points on that in the first few pages. It's only recently that Chiwa's development sky-rocketed. Now if it's Chiwa's end at the very end, that will be something I can't buy fully, primarily because of how the weightage suddenly shifted in the story (giving off a feeling like the author suddenly changing his mind), and not definitely because I have any issues with Chiwa herself. Well, initially I could buy her ending but it got less and less viable as we progress towards volume 4, then wham, it got viable again, though Masuzu's still strong in her flags. Sure, you can dislike Masuzu, but if you are saying this series turns to shit and that you can't buy such an ending, then either you are not reading it carefully enough, or you are not seeing it as a literary work from a holistic approach. That's my 2 cents.

Just for the record, there are quite a number of series where I'd very much prefer the alternate (non-main) girl winning but I can absolutely buy the final pairing. Toradora and Otaria for example just to name a few.

As for Haganai, it's still unknown whether Yozora will win. That's because Sena got a lot of development (actually it seems more sensible Sena will win unless the author made a mistake in his developments). I know many people like Rika and I don't dislike her too, but it will be hard to swallow her end if I'm looking at the series as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisemer View Post
I wonder when the authors will learn to don't use those plot devices. We already saw Kuroneko apparently winning in volume 8/12 and then, what happened?
The only ones girls that seem to be winning before the end are Hitagi in the Monogatari series and Sena in Haganai, but we don't know if they will keep their status in the end against the other girls (like Shinobu and Yozora for example. I like the latters more than the formers, but who knows?).
Quote:
Oh that, time ago I followed the series as a Kuroneko fan but I wasn't so blind to not see that coming, I told my friend she was doomed and the author just wanted to milk the series and got laughed at, now he still is butthurt and the wasted time before that series finale .
I'm kind of sick of this Oreimo being stated as example again and again.
The problem with Oreimo is how the author set up the series initially vs the 2nd half.
If it were apparent that it was mainly a romance series (and not having romance as secondary theme), then the law of the cover girl would suggest that Kirino will win. If one sees it as a romance series between brother and sister right at the beginning, then the developments from the beginning will make sense to support this.
The main problem is, to a number of us who have read a decent number of light novels before Oreimo, we did not fathom it to have sibling romance as its main theme, but sibling reconciliation as a main theme and romance as a secondary theme. As such, Kyousuke x Kuroneko as main pairing becomes viable in light of this. Since volume 8, a number of us already felt trolled. If it were only a handful of us, then it could be our fault. But from what I've seen, it's not just a handful of us who thought like that. That's why there's so much angst around. Note that while I don't like incest pairings generally, I can buy it in fiction if it's set up properly, with a platonic feel. My main gripe with Oreimo was a combination of 2 factors:
1. I did not fathom it being a sibling romance series from the beginning
2. the brocon factor shown in the first half is strong but not abnormally strong to be taken as romantic feelings (means it can be taken either way), and it only became apparent in the 2nd half. This means that for a person to buy this pairing, they must already expect a sibling romance story right from the beginning.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, harem, romance, school life, shounen