AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-06-12, 02:23   Link #41
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So here's what I think- while they stumbled in the beginning pretty hard, Sony pulled an amazing comeback with everything else thanks to the strength of their long gameplay sections. At the end of the day if the goal is to get people to buy PS4s then Sony has the greater showing.

Not forgetting that Square Enix had announced two PS4 console exclusive games during their conference as well lol.

But I think the BIG winner in terms of games shown that have generated big buzz, is definitely Capcom with DMCV and REmake 2.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 03:43   Link #42
Westlo
Lets be reality

Worst Sony conference in a long time.... for what was actually shown in the conference, MS had the better one. And yeah yeah most of them are multi plats... didn't stop people from saying Sony won years ago based off FF15 and KH3 being revealed at their E3 show.

I'm guessing Sony studios are now focusing on making PS5 games... wouldn't be surprised if Horizon 2 was near launch.

If they don't drop the ball Nintendo is pretty much going to win the next 3-4 E3s because of the transition period Sony and MS will have to the next gen.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 04:08   Link #43
Chosen_Hero

So far in my opinion Sony is far above and ahead of everyone else who has shown.

At no point in any other did a game make me physically react to what was shown until the Sony showing. Yes, the 10 or so minutes of filler were bad, but anime has trained me well in the art of filler viewing (if you sat through Naruto's filler-yomi and are here complaining about a few minutes, you might need to step back and take a good hard look at your life).

Besides, I appreciate the one taking their time to show me actual gameplay over the one showing cg trailers. Also, we had known for months that they said they were not going to show anything flashy, anyone that ignored this and set their expectations sky high has only themselves to blame.

P.S. Before anyone mentions it, no, just because my avatar is of a Spider Man it has nothing to do with what was shown. It was just a cool image that I saw that I wanted to use to change the old one that I had.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2018-06-12 at 08:39.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 07:10   Link #44
Ultragunner

Had Sony not pulled the stunt of changing venue + fillers, then people would have come to the consensus that Sony had the best conference. Why though? Whose idea was that?

IMO, Microsoft presented better, with only games and some additional information. However, as many have said, they didn't really give me a reason to buy an Xbox One at this point.

Hopefully the folks in charge of event management at Sony took notice of the backlash this time.
You only have 1hr when all the attention is on you, and we DO NOT want to waste our time on any of the behind the scene stuff, and please don't make comments about "how great the game is gonna be" during the conference, save those for the after show
Old 2018-06-12, 11:11   Link #45
Westlo
Lets be reality

Dat fire emblem!

Was dat Tiki?
Old 2018-06-12, 11:48   Link #46
Ultragunner

I was about to declare Nintendo won E3, they were going strong with all the annoucements but that Smash went on for too long

Don't get me wrong, I will buy it Day 1, but I think sometimes less is more.

Maybe it's just me, I also understand the Smash is Nintendo's biggest game this year, I just wanted to see more of the other games, such as Octopath Traveller
Old 2018-06-12, 11:49   Link #47
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Christ, the rest of the Nintendo Direct is basically Smash Brothers Ultimate: the Presentation.

How long have they been working on this game? Because all I can say is

WOW

ALL CHARACTERS from all previous games, including those from previous DLC, will be part of Ultimate's roster.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 11:54   Link #48
Chosen_Hero

So this is how I would categorize this year presentations from the big 3:

MS: Best conference format (they even held back on showing a car).

Sony: Best games (appreciate someone showing actual gameplay).

Nintendo: Best focus (they know what they want to do and execute on it).

If you ask me who won E3, then I would have to say that it was definitely Capcom.
Old 2018-06-12, 11:55   Link #49
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

No way, Todd Howard stole the show with his meme magic.
Old 2018-06-12, 12:02   Link #50
foxbox360
New Age Badass

I believe Microsoft took the win this year and Nintendo get honorable mention for smash bros.
Old 2018-06-12, 12:07   Link #51
Westlo
Lets be reality

DMC5 was the highlight of the MS conference, RE2 for Sony and Fire Emblem for Switch.

Capgawds are back... they are ending this gen strong... I guess it helps they actually have a proper game engine now in the RE Engine.... MT Framework was a massive reason they were so strong at the start of last gen... not having a proper engine in place really hurt them for this gen...

Hopefully they hit the ground running next gen now...
Old 2018-06-12, 12:12   Link #52
Random14

Sony had a weaker showing than usual this year. Last of Us looks great, but nothing too surprising either, and that intermission hurt them. I still expect a great rest of the year from them though.

Microsoft's conference was better than I expected, they showed lots of good games, decent pace, even if most of those games are multiplatform (yes, Vesperia on PS4 and Switch!).

Nintendo's was my personal favorite, mainly for Smash. Maybe 20+ minutes of Smash was too much, but I'd say its hard to ever have too much Smash. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate looks really, really good with that insane amount of characters. Along with stuff like the Xenoblade DLC. Looks like another great year for gaming. Now where I'd put my old Amiibo.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 13:59   Link #53
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Was Fire Emblem drawn by the Persona person?
And... the continent has a name?! *gasp* Maybe they hired a decent story writer finally?

Anyways, Smash Bros hype hype and hype. No Xenoblade 2, but still a lot of hype and hype.
And to be honest, even if Rex made it in, I probably wouldn't have mained him. Maybe if it was Pyra solo, but that isn't really likely.

PS: Nintendo's conference is the only one that matters, so they win by default.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-13, 01:20   Link #54
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
There's speculation that Chinatsu Kurahana designed the characters.
Old 2018-06-13, 02:32   Link #55
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
There's speculation that Chinatsu Kurahana designed the characters.
Prince no Uta-sama's person?
Hmm...
...Eh?!

Did Komuro have a say in this? Is she still in IS?

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2018-06-13, 04:45   Link #56
GDB

Quote:
Eww, don't come crawling back, Bandai Namco. Or at least actually make a new game, if you still can. @Tales series
Odds are the next actual Tales title is being announced at Tales Festival, which is this coming weekend. There was no chance in hell it was going to be announced at E3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Dat fire emblem!

Was dat Tiki?
I hope not. Let that world be done with. Build a new game on its own laurels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Maybe it's just me, I also understand the Smash is Nintendo's biggest game this year, I just wanted to see more of the other games, such as Octopath Traveller
That's been shown off multiple times with a demo available. If you're still on the fence about it, you don't really want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
I believe Microsoft took the win this year and Nintendo get honorable mention for smash bros.
Can you really win if the end result of your conference was "Wow, that looks great! I'll definitely pick it up on a different system!"?

Quote:
And... the continent has a name?! *gasp* Maybe they hired a decent story writer finally?
Pretty sure all the continents in all the games have names. They just don't get shown in trailers/solicitations because they don't find it to be important.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-13, 07:58   Link #57
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Can you really win if the end result of your conference was "Wow, that looks great! I'll definitely pick it up on a different system!"?
Sony won an E3 by revealing FF15 and KH3...... both multiplats....

Sony won another E3 by revealing FF7R and Shenmue 3..... (plus TLG) I'm sure both will appear on the PS5 and the next Xbox.

For what was actually shown MS had the better conference, better format etc. Maybe people were expecting more from Sony and Nintendo.....

It's obvious both Sony and MS are focused on next gen... which is why there's a lack of reveals... can't see another big Sony game outside of the big 4 appearing on the PS4... not that they need to worry about games with all the multiplats...

I have no idea what is Nintendo's excuse considering they have all their gaming divisions focused on one machine for the first time ever.

Hopefully 2019 Switch is the equivalent of the 2013 3DS.....
Old 2018-06-13, 15:49   Link #58
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

lol, multi-platforms. Eww eww eww... Well, I'll put such games into consideration when they do a 50% off sale or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Pretty sure all the continents in all the games have names. They just don't get shown in trailers/solicitations because they don't find it to be important.
Actually, I don't think Fates did. I did a quick check on the Wiki, and they said "In an unknown continent"

Old 2018-06-13, 16:14   Link #59
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I have no idea what is Nintendo's excuse considering they have all their gaming divisions focused on one machine for the first time ever.
In terms of Nintendo:

1. Their focus is more towards games that would be out this year, with hints of a few titles coming Spring 2019 as well (although you'd think they would have news about the Yoshi game that was shown last year).

2. E3 isn't the only place where Nintendo delivers its news, as they announce new titles via the Nintendo Directs.
Old 2018-06-13, 20:09   Link #60
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
So.... sounds like I didn't really miss much with SONY?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote