AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-21, 12:02   Link #1
2stepdmb

Question Prince of Tennis (Discussion)

Can someone tell me what is the relationship between Nanako and the Echizen family? I've only watched the anime so I'm not sure if they actually explained it in the manga.
2stepdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 12:12   Link #2
TangentZ
神の一手

Send a message via ICQ to TangentZ
She is Ryoma's cousin, isn't she? I think that's what Ryoma called her once (can't remember which episode).
Old 2004-02-21, 12:20   Link #3
2stepdmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangentZ
She is Ryoma's cousin, isn't she? I think that's what Ryoma called her once (can't remember which episode).
I know there was an episode that Momoshiro said to thank his "relative" but it wasn't specific as to who was talking about (and it looked like Ryoma was a littled annoyed when he heard that). Also Nanako calls Ryoma, "Ryoma san" instead of "Ryoma kun", eventhough she's obviously older than him so I thought their relationship might be more compllicated than just cousins?
2stepdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 17:36   Link #4
AnAngryScotsman

I think they hinted at it but I could be wrong...while were on the topic...where did you guys get the last episode 106 from? I can only find like one place http://www.mircx.com/bt/ and this link doesnt work for some reason.
AnAngryScotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 17:58   Link #5
TangentZ
神の一手

Send a message via ICQ to TangentZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stepdmb
Also Nanako calls Ryoma, "Ryoma san" instead of "Ryoma kun", eventhough she's obviously older than him so I thought their relationship might be more compllicated than just cousins?
It's not that strange

In Hikaru no Go, Touya Akira's mom calls him "Akira-san". Even a mother can call her son "san".
Old 2004-03-18, 20:49   Link #6
Shift_

Prince of Tennis: When did they change voice actors?

So I was watching old episodes of PoT again, and going back to the good old days, it wasn't so bad until ep 3.

Tezuka started talking, he sounds sooooooooooo funny
then Kikamaru, he acctually had a deep voice
and Kaido HOLY crap, he sounds halarious

PS they also changed the drawing styles, the 12 year old girls LOOK like 12 year old girls, and not some crazy curvy girls like in the current episodes...man purberty kicks in fast in anime
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 21:17   Link #7
Spooky-Electric

I think it's so ridiculous how they make these people out to be junior high students. Even Echizen who looks the youngest could pass for a freshman in high school.

But regardless I still love this series.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 03:45   Link #8
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

the most mature children in the world can be found by watching prince of tennis... they act more grown up than me...

great show!
Old 2004-03-19, 03:58   Link #9
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Me and my friend are always confused while watching PoT... Kaidoh especially looks around 17 or 18... not 13... silly authors :P
I've found it's generally best to ignore the age the Japanese give to people anyway. It's usely wack in all things, games, anime etc.

And I don't know about changing voice actors, but it's possible the voice actors were asked to perform slightly differently. VAs take time to get into their roles, so somtimes voices change a little bit. Most English dubs suck at first, but get better later on (which doesn't mean they don't still suck :P).
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 05:43   Link #10
Iron Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCanealot
Me and my friend are always confused while watching PoT... Kaidoh especially looks around 17 or 18... not 13... silly authors :P
I've found it's generally best to ignore the age the Japanese give to people anyway. It's usely wack in all things, games, anime etc.

And I don't know about changing voice actors, but it's possible the voice actors were asked to perform slightly differently. VAs take time to get into their roles, so somtimes voices change a little bit. Most English dubs suck at first, but get better later on (which doesn't mean they don't still suck :P).
That is true, even good shows like the Simpsons and Family Guy started out slightly differently and evolved as the show progressed. Just take Homer's voice, for example. It was way deeper and more serious in the beginning.
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 12:11   Link #11
takuan

Send a message via AIM to takuan
As far as I know, they've never changed the seiyuu in PoT. The reason you hear the difference is most likely because they modified their voices to change as the characters and series changed. And example (one that you've noticed too) would be Kikumaru. At the beginning of the series, he's actually fairly normal - it's not until later in the series that he starts developing the cute nonsense-type talking and the nya-ing catlike traits and so forth. His voice starts changing to be cuter and higher right around the same time.

uh, and that's why the PoT seiyuu are so godly! <3

ahem. sorry. just need to get that last bit in. ^^;
takuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 18:18   Link #12
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by takuan
As far as I know, they've never changed the seiyuu in PoT. The reason you hear the difference is most likely because they modified their voices to change as the characters and series changed. And example (one that you've noticed too) would be Kikumaru. At the beginning of the series, he's actually fairly normal - it's not until later in the series that he starts developing the cute nonsense-type talking and the nya-ing catlike traits and so forth. His voice starts changing to be cuter and higher right around the same time.

uh, and that's why the PoT seiyuu are so godly! <3

ahem. sorry. just need to get that last bit in. ^^;
I bet they just developed those cute voices to please the fangirls.

PoT has been too much of a yaoi fest lately as well.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 08:47   Link #13
Pebble

Question Prince of Tennis : A Day of the Survival Mountain

I've just catched up with the latest episode of PoT (115), and I've also watched the special one A Day of the Survival Mountain. Does anyone know between which regular episodes it takes place ?
Pebble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 15:57   Link #14
Kasiree

Send a message via MSN to Kasiree Send a message via Yahoo to Kasiree
Uhm, I think around the match with Hyotei Gakuen. Perhaps before or after.
Kasiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 16:33   Link #15
Kasiree

Send a message via MSN to Kasiree Send a message via Yahoo to Kasiree
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stepdmb
Can someone tell me what is the relationship between Nanako and the Echizen family? I've only watched the anime so I'm not sure if they actually explained it in the manga.
In one episode (which I forgot) she was said to be Ryoma's cousin, I think Shiba asked who she was when Inoue and Nanjiroh were having a match.. She said she was Nanjiroh's niece, ne? I forgot.

Last edited by xris; 2004-05-02 at 08:40. Reason: added original quote
Kasiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 01:49   Link #16
sambao

the return of Prince of Tennis!

omg I love Anime-Otakus!

I donno what else much to say since I havent even downloaded it yet, but now that the show is come back why not start a new thread for it?

I swear Im supposed to be doing a paper and homework assignment tomorrow, Prince of Tennis is gonna hella sidetrack me, even if it is only for an hour

sambao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 02:12   Link #17
Sledeau

Spoiler:
Sledeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 05:56   Link #18
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledeau
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-09, 00:15   Link #19
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

the 45 minute special episode was yet another ridiculous episode... but I enjoyed it cuz at least it was new episode with no super deformed characters... I seriously need to see this fight now.... it's been bigged-up for the past several episodes... it better be sick!
Old 2004-06-09, 04:28   Link #20
Raiii
*yawn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Raiii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tennis